• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azad

Neo Member
That video is at night time though, maybe that's why it's empty?
i think i read somewhere that on PC the pedestrian and car densitiy is tied to processor. Maybe it works different for consoles and we will get the scaling part with the nextgen patch, who knows.

John2290

Issue is that I don't really can sleep normally, I am having at best 5 hours per day sleeps. It would be far better to release it at like 20:00 and I would create my character with fresh mind, I worry that at night I am going to create some retarded clown and that I am going to hate it next day : D

Oh and to add to those melatonin pills, I cannot use them, it's like in contraindications for Tacrolimus, which is my source of life. So I can't do that. And I would just like to add, that I am from Polish neighborhood, so that's Czech Republic, but we are at the same timezone : )
Shit, that might be true for a lot of people, lmao, Probably best have a look at streamers character creation tomorrow and build the outline of a character in the mind and have some fair idea and a plan going into it. And that sucks man, sorry to hear, it's been 8 years or 5 years if you're coming from TW3 hype, one more days wait isn't gonna make much difference at this point.

Dampf

i think i read somewhere that on PC the pedestrian and car densitiy is tied to processor. Maybe it works different for consoles and we will get the scaling part with the nextgen patch, who knows.
There's a setting that controls NPC density in the graphics menu.

Denton

c77t0kya.png

SJRB

Gold Member

WANT MY MONEY ON THE DOUBLE
I DON'T COME TO PLAY

Man I've been waiting for this track for soo fucking long, so happy to finally hear it.

Edit: man this music is going HARD. These tracks are crazy.

Last edited:

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I have just bought the official Cyberpunk 2077 guide, it has been 10 years that I bought one for a game, but I always like looking in it.

1200x1148.jpg

However I also discovered now that there already is a book called 'The World Of Cyberpunk 2077'. Apparently with a lot of lore in it and the history of the Cyberpunk universe. I wonder, has anyone bought this and is it worth the money?
908x1200.jpg

Or is it just a waste of money because most of that stuff will also be in the official guide I just bought?

My game finally shipped and is set to arrive Thursday from Amazon. Paid for two day shipping and it still came out to under 60 dollars because of credit left over and a discount. Ciao, Choombas!

Denton

However I also discovered now that there already is a book called 'The World Of Cyberpunk 2077'. Apparently with a lot of lore in it and the history of the Cyberpunk universe. I wonder, has anyone bought this and is it worth the money?
I have both ordered, both are different and well worth the money.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Realistically what can I expect from an i7-6700 and a 1080 Ti in terms of performance.

Was going to hold off on this game until 3080s become available/ I made a new build, but I'm itching to play it now.

My only options for resolution are a 4K TV or a 3440x1440p monitor.

FastyMar7

Neo Member
Realistically what can I expect from an i7-6700 and a 1080 Ti in terms of performance.

Was going to hold off on this game until 3080s become available/ I made a new build, but I'm itching to play it now.

My only options for resolution are a 4K TV or a 3440x1440p monitor.
Play on the 1440 monitor and I expect you'll probably hit 50-60 on medium and around 40 on high/ultra

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Play on the 1440 monitor and I expect you'll probably hit 50-60 on medium and around 40 on high/ultra

Wow, quick reply, thanks.

I know there's this supposedly massive day one patch which may (probably not) change things but that was my gut, too. 1440 it is then. Now would be a great time to be using DLSS, dammit.

Chris Walken

Neo Member
Jesus can't wait to play it, i've got my 3090 last week and i want to max it out as much as i can.

Btw, even that gpu cant hold 60fps with Yakuza Like a Dragon., which is really disappointing.

Last edited:

inflation

PS4/5 gets another patch around 28GB... We are already at 1.02 pre-launch and it's smaller than 1.01 around 101.9GB, which is 102.8GB before.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Isn't it a little optimistic?
I guess all depends on how much DRM reduces performance now and how much the patch itself improves it.

I have rx6800 and expected to be able to achieve 60 fps on high on 3440x1440p but I'm afraid I will have to accept 30 fps or reduce the quality.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Out of the loop question, is there a way to play this on pc that will allow me to earn Xbox achievements like when I play sea of thieves? If I buy it through the windows store or something? My research suggests no but I thought I'd check here.

FastyMar7

Neo Member
Wow, quick reply, thanks.

I know there's this supposedly massive day one patch which may (probably not) change things but that was my gut, too. 1440 it is then. Now would be a great time to be using DLSS, dammit.
There is no way you'll run this at stable 30 fps at 4k, I'll be playing on full HD to get to 60 hopefully.

Kadayi

Banned
Not enough "punk" in Deus Ex for my liking. Amazing immersive sim experience thou.

Much love to DX as a series, but I think from the off it was always running up against the constraints of the environment and the need to find ways to contain the player within these quite limited spaces and for me at least that really gnawed away at immersion quite a bit. I think I can recall at the time DX:HR came out lamenting the fact that SE had opted for these different hubs versus gone for an open-world approach ala Rockstar instead.

I'm not expecting CP2077 to be the second coming or hit it out of the park in all areas, but I can't deny that I haven't been this excited for a game launch in quite some time simply because of the sheer amount of effort and energy they've put into realising the world. The only thing that would probably top this is CDP adding VR support down the road, though given the hefty demands this game is going to place on hardware I suspect that's a long ways off from ever happening.

DeaDPo0L84

PS4/5 gets another patch around 28GB... We are already at 1.02 pre-launch and it's smaller than 1.01 around 101.9GB, which is 102.8GB before.

This is so odd cause I preordered through GoG on PC and nothing beyond the initial download was required. Hope they don't scew us over by making us download all the patches when the game launches.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I have both ordered, both are different and well worth the money.
Do you already own 'The World of Cyberpunk 2077 book'? Because apparently it's already out for months. If so, what is exactly in it?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Isn't it a little optimistic?
I guess all depends on how much DRM reduces performance now and how much the patch itself improves it.

I have rx6800 and expected to be able to achieve 60 fps on high on 3440x1440p but I'm afraid I will have to accept 30 fps or reduce the quality.

Honestly I'm not opposed to reducing to 30 for this game. Did the same with RDR2 and Microsoft Flight Sim and it was just fine. I mean its not ideal (kinda far from it, in fact), but 30fps on a mix of high/ultra is fine with me and my aging 1080 Ti. Total waste of a 100hz monitor though but what can ya do?

I'm a bit more nervous about a CPU bottleneck on the i7-6700. I swear I've seen a lot of people mention its a CPU-intensive game but I'd love to see some crowd density ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom