• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komatsu

I don't get why people are saying this game isn't revoluntionary ? It is a vast cyberpunk open world where you can customise your genitals. You can't get anymore revolutionary than that.

Exactly. As a dedicated Cyberpunk fan for the last 20+ years (Vangelis' Love Theme from Blade Runner was my answer machine's background music in... 1995!), we have never had anything like this. Most Cyberpunk titles are smaller, like the Shadowrun games, Cloudpunk, Remember Me... This is it, folks. It doesn't get better or bigger than this.

Last edited:
Exactly. As a dedicated Cyberpunk fan for the last 30 years (Vangelis' Love Theme from Blade Runner was my answer machine's background music in... 1995!), we have never had anything like this. Most Cyberpunk titles are smaller, like the Shadowrun games, Cloudpunk, Remember Me... This is it, folks. It doesn't get better or bigger than this.
Exactly.

It is THE Cyberpunk game.

kyussman

Great OT...thanks for all the time and effort you put into that OP!
I won't be playing until the full PS5 version drops though.....but to those that are jumping in now...have a wild time in Night City!

I don't deserve credit.
I merely pasted the Reddit post I linked to at the beginning.

CDPR like these sneaky messages.
Me too.
CDPR make you - or your eyes - work for it.

:D
You braved reddit that is even more worthy of praise. Whenever I go to reddit I usually end up in places my momma told me was bad and locked me in the cupboard under the stairs for.

Exactly. As a dedicated Cyberpunk fan for the last 20+ years (Vangelis' Love Theme from Blade Runner was my answer machine's background music in... 1995!), we have never had anything like this. Most Cyberpunk titles are smaller, like the Shadowrun games, Cloudpunk, Remember Me... This is it, folks. It doesn't get better or bigger than this.
Exactly the very fact it is set in an open cyberpunk world is one of the key revolutionary things in the game. Not only that but it is an RPG that isn't just set in a world where you are fighting fucking orcs or bloody dragons. BTW I see you are a man of good taste. I loved cloudpunk too wish they would hurry up with a beefy story update.

Some People claim that cyberpunk is not revolutionary but i dont agree. Open World Deep role playing First person view game with actually good fucking shooting mechanics seem pretty revolutionary to me lol

Last edited:

Raven117

Meh don't want to sully the topic with that bullshit. Let those that have chosen that hill be fucking miserable they seem to be happier that way,

Meanwhile can someone make that GOG timer go down quicker please :messenger_beaming:
Cheers to that! The time has come! Been waiting on this one for years.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Has anyone heard anything about the Xbox Series X performance?

How big is the day one patch?🤔

It’s got the performance mode that people have mentioned felt like 60 most of the time with some drops. I’m assuming the quality mode is locked 30.

Assuming the day 1 patch was what dropped last night it’s a little over 15GB.

My friend is working at CD PROJEKT studio in Poland. And oh boy. They are in full panic right now because there is no Cyberpunk 2077 game at this moment. It's not even in a production stage. It was just a meme that went wrong. They dont know what to do but the "game" is suppose to release in two days. They spent hundreds of milions for a payed reviews of a game that doesnt even exists just to buy some time. I will try to learn more about this clusterfuck of situations. Only star citizen is bigger scam than this really. Poor CDPR. He said that they plan to release witcher 4 alpha demo instead so stay tuned

Last edited:

FastyMar7

Neo Member
My friend is working at CD PROJEKT studio in Poland. And oh boy. They are in full panic right now because there is no Cyberpunk 2077 game at this moment. It's not even in a production stage. It was just a meme that went wrong. They dont know what to do but the "game" is suppose to release in two days. They spent hundreds of milions for a payed reviews of a game that doesnt even exists just to buy some time. I will try to learn more about this clusterfuck of situations. Only star citizen is bigger scam than this really. Poor CDPR. He said that they plan to release witcher 4 alpha demo instead so stay tuned
Got any info on the main character in Witcher 4? I heard rumours Roach was supposed to take over the lead role from Geralt.

Ivory Blood

Will we get new Nvidia drivers with this one? Usually they release them a few days before, but this time there is nothing?

Ultimadrago

Lock the thread! LOCK THE THREAD!

Ultimadrago

So, I got tested for Covid today. Doctor told me to quarantine until Monday at least, when the results should be back.

Something tells me this is going to be an easy couple days locked away in my house.

I hope you recover quickly, but yeah. Passing the time should be very easy!

Denton

Witcher 3 combined quality of design and writing of the absolute best linear games with one of the biggest and most detailed/atmospheric open worlds ever crafted. It was revolutionary in this aspect and it still remains unsurpassed in many ways. Cyberpunk takes that, and adds completely new futuristic setting, character customization and much more freeform gameplay. So it will be an evolution from Witcher 3, but that's plenty, plenty enough.

Lmao, you forgot to mention the overblown vision of a game that does not exist.

Last edited:

Mato

I wish it was possible to start pre-loading on PC right now. At 70gb, it's going to be literally a week before I'm done downloading.

b0uncyfr0

Also Please tell me the last game that “did something revolutionary” I’ll wait.
Revolutionary might be a poor choice of words. 'Not your usual, generic open world mechanics' doesn't sound great either but i get your point. I could tell straight away from the trailers that there wasnt going to be anything mind blowing about it. But as for revolutionary - shadow of mordor/war comes to mind. No one has capitalised on that idea, no idea why because it 's brilliant. It has that diversity to make a pretty grindy game feel great (at first).

HotPocket69

Banned
Remember also, this is the first game in whats hopefully going to be a series. It’s the base groundwork for the real shit to get going in Cyberpunk 2078 or 2090, whatever. I expect and welcome the blemishes. Bring it on 😎

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My coworker who had off Thursday canceled his vacation day so I was able to take off now. He’s probably wondering why I put in for a random Thursday so quickly after he canceled.

This game will become a classic💯
Just you wait. After the package is complete with all the expansions and QOL patches. You’ll see then.

Years later we’re going to see many posts about how they miss CP and how gaming companies don’t make games like this anymore I can almost guarantee it.
This game is getting so much unnecessary hate. See through the bullshit.
Some of the reviewers’ concerns are valid tho, I’m not talking about those.

I can’t say this game is underrated but it for sure is slept on by some. That’s a plus if you ask me. CDPR is now going to make sure they’ll do better and we’ll get better results. We stay winning :)

WgLx9HR.jpg

It’s got the performance mode that people have mentioned felt like 60 most of the time with some drops. I’m assuming the quality mode is locked 30.

Assuming the day 1 patch was what dropped last night it’s a little over 15GB.
What about resolution in Quality mode?

4K?

I really can’t decide if I wan’t to do male or female V first.

I’m going to do Nomad 1st. That’s certain.
Do you think I should go male V or Female V for that? I need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom