• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

dext3rr

Can you create the exact character as in the trailers? I really dig this V appearance.

Uki1kMo.png

Rob_27

If your on xbox you can change location to say new Zealand and it allows you to play thats digital I suppose disc would be same.

MrMephistoX

You forget it exists, play all the great games coming out and revisit it in a year's time when it's likely to be running better, be better balanced and cheaper. For now, for me, this game doesn't exist.

But new consoles need food!? You’re right of course but that would also mean I have to avoid any threads about it to minimize spoilers and stay off Reddit until the patches arrive. Trade offs.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
But new consoles need food!? You’re right of course but that would also mean I have to avoid any threads about it to minimize spoilers and stay off Reddit until the patches arrive. Trade offs.

That's why you have to forget it exists. Make yourself lose interest in it! You'd be surprised how invisible things become. There's so much more to be excited about.

Brute

If it makes any difference, I've just watched someone playing it on YouTube on the Series X and it looks very good indeed.

MrMephistoX

If it makes any difference, I've just watched someone playing it on YouTube on the Series X and it looks very good indeed.

Damnit lol well I guess at the rate I actually beat games with a wife and kid I’ll probably still only be half way through it by the time the patches hit...for reference I bought FFVII Remake day one and just beat it on Sunday ;)

Thaedolus

Don't forget your game-ready drivers...I feel like I just updated a couple days ago and there was still a newer version for Cyberpunk

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Probably already been asked, but: Do we have any analysis how CPU-bound the game is? Apart from the specs vs settings pic I mean.

Brute

Damnit lol well I guess at the rate I actually beat games with a wife and kid I’ll probably still only be half way through it by the time the patches hit...for reference I bought FFVII Remake day one and just beat it on Sunday ;)
That's on my to-do list, I was literally staring at it today - I still haven't finished it.

KO7

Woo, BestBuy Canada has shipped my copy out a day earlier than they originally indicated they would. Settled on a female Nomad build for the first playthrough.

From reading impressions, I’m already counting down the days until a next-gen optimization patch. Sounds like performance mode is the way to go on my XsX, with some effects turned off?

cebri.one

Probably already been asked, but: Do we have any analysis how CPU-bound the game is? Apart from the specs vs settings pic I mean.

Will for the minimum settings they require an i5, so either you have at least a 6 core CPU or probably you'll have issues. My guess is you'll need an older i7 (4core/8threads) or the newer 6 core CPUs at least. On the AMD side I guess anything above Zen+ and 6 cores should be good.

edit: well I should have read your post until the end lol. No idea of proper CPU reviews yet.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Bruh it runs smooth as fuck on a 3080.
maxed out RT on ultra @3440x1440

woop woop

HDR was a bit meh
bright neon light very shiny oooooooo

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
From what DF says this is an amazing looking world and the ray tracing is super impressive.

I’m tripping out on Miles Morales ray tracing so hell yeah im in the mood for this.

Bruh it runs smooth as fuck on a 3080.
maxed out RT on ultra @3440x1440

woop woop

HDR was a bit meh
bright neon light very shiny oooooooo
You gone native res? I was looking at the DLSS comparison and was shocked when even a 3090 was struggling with this game when played natively at 1440p!

Spukc

You gone native res? I was looking at the DLSS comparison and was shocked when even a 3090 was struggling with this game when played natively at 1440p!
NO DLSS with RT ultra is a no go
tbh i did a side by side with and without DLSS. it's hard to tell.
game looks a bit soft anyway

The worst offender is chromatic abbreviation + film grain. motion blur is a hit or miss.
turning that shit off helps A LOT

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I’m 8 hours down.

This is going to be a lot of people’s GOAT.

Is it just me that’s getting a LOT of MGS vibes? Particularly MGS2, just something about certain details I can’t put my finger on.

I’m getting some Batman AA vibes too particularly from when you approach an area in stealth and start marking.

Point regarding sponges - it’s basically common for people to have upgrades to their frames, so I feel like it’s pretty normal they can take some licks.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and I just replayed it this prior weekend. I shall be the ultimate judge when I play tonight.

Spukc

wtfff.png

lossless pic you can see what i mean by fuzzy

Dusktildawn48 Dusktildawn48 quality.. didn't like the rest.

Dr. Doak Dr. Doak i would leave RT alone not worth the hit.
then set select things on medium

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom