• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

Banned
Not saying you at all. I'm genuinely curious as to why there's a comparison from The Witcher 3 versus this game from so many places. Completely different games / styles. Even if they're RPGs.
Made by the same studio.

They went from mid evil RPG to future shooter.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I decided on Nomad. Watched Bladerunner 2049 last night and I love Jared Leto's Niander Wallace character, so I went for a guy like that with hair more like mine...
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-09-22-20-47-22.jpg

I'm playing on a 2060 Super and you can get some pretty nice visuals, even with RT, by tweaking settings and using DLSS. Right now I'm shooting for 60fps, but I wonder if a smooth 30fps with higher settings might be better? I'll have to try both. I'm trying to hack and hide as much as possible, so I don't know how much shooting will occur.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I'm hearing bad things about base consoles but I am wondering how much if that is people playing the pre-patched game. Anyone try it?

I am PC Master Race all the way but I have friends asking me.

GHG

I'm hearing bad things about base consoles but I am wondering how much if that is people playing the pre-patched game. Anyone try it?

Everything you're seeing now is with the day one patch installed.

Honestly I feel the game should have been left in the oven for another 6 months. I will probably wait for the next gen patch.

what this really is is a public beta release.

played the game for a good 7 hours today on ps5 and while it’s 60fps the res seems very low it’s blurry and while I suppose I could handle the bugs the game has crashed like 7 or 8 times and every time is crashes it resets my settings to default it’s very frustrating.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

If they're still playing Goldeneye on N64 they'll feel right at home.

Tell them to not open their game and return it.

Oh...my god. Feels like the game is a mess on PS4 based on these.

So it just unlocked for me where’s the Day 1 patch on Series X? I thought it was like a huge install but it’s only taking up 59.3gb?
I'm also wondering about that on xbox one x..I don't see the patch in the updates section at all...was it already part of the original install?

Hugare

Yeah, its pretty fucking bad, honestly

As I said before, I've played GTA V on the PS3, but this is something else, I think

The bluriness is so bad that its affecting my enjoyment, unfortunately. And I'm not sensible to this kind of stuff.

In interiors its ok, even good looking. But outside it's a mess. Performance is also not great either.

Feels like one of those "Switch impossible ports". Doesn't look like a game that was made first for the PS4 and Xbox.

It's really a next gen game that was downgraded to current gen.

The Digital Foundry analysis will be a thing to behold

Last edited:

K.S v2.0

Banned
Game shouldn’t have even released on base consoles.

CDPR gotta make back the 300+ million dev cost somehow. They're not gonna make it back on PC alone or even PC+nextgen console.

Besides, the 'normal people' tier that are happy with base consoles honestly are not graphic whore enough to care about visuals the way we do. Some of them don't even care if a game dips under 30fps.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I really should go to bed. Took a nap before the game unlocked though, still wired and can't stop playing. Damn this game is hype, and I can't wait until my new PC arrives to crank up the settings to ultra.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Holy shit. You’re probably right. Lmao

I know I am, coz ugh... I'm reminded of how 'normie people' are every single time I have to try to accommodate my extended family when they start talking about games.

Their definition of 'hey that looks nice' is (((SWITCH))).

Do I need to say any more?...

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Yeah, and you know? Normal people with base PS4's are probably used to that level of jank and pop-in.

Consider that normie tier base console owners have (((FAR))) reduced expectations to ppl like us.
nah, The Last of Us 2, Spider Man and Ghost of Tsushima look phenomenal on base PS4. god of war as well.

Here is what happens when a normal consumer gets home and is surprised with Fallout 76 and can't return it, when they only buy a few games a year.

If it truly looks like that twitter video, people used to playing Call of Duty, and GTA Online are not going to be happy.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah, and you know? Normal people with base PS4's are probably used to that level of jank and pop-in.

Consider that normie tier base console owners have (((FAR))) reduced expectations to ppl like us.
For them bu ling up to the Series S will seem massive (and 40% of new Xbox users did just that) For the rest of us the PS5 and Series X and HDR are old hats.

HDR is the one that as I got used to it I really learned to miss it when it wasnt there. (But only if done right)

Last edited:
Runs way better on PC than those preview benchmarks suggested it would and looks insane.

Untweaked ultra pre-set on 2070s is 70-90fps with DLSS Quality and I was expecting to be lucky to get 50fps based on what people with preview copies were saying.

Ultra with raytracing medium is 55-65fps which is more than good enough with G-Sync. Not tried raytracing ultra yet but maybe with tweaking..

Again untweaked just hit the pre-set and went - I'm sure like most games there will be a setting or two that crushes frame rates for little visual improvement.

Played a few hours and no bugs yet.

K.S v2.0

Banned
nah, The Last of Us 2, Spider Man and Ghost of Tsushima look phenomenal on base PS4. god of war as well.

Here is what happens when a normal consumer gets home and is surprised with Fallout 76 and can't return it, when they only buy a few games a year.

If it truly looks like that twitter video, people used to playing Call of Duty, and GTA Online are not going to be happy.

Totally agreed those games look great even on base PS4, especially GoT as I still want to know what total fucking WIZARDRY they managed to pull with their fast travel...

But then you also have normies who play Skyrim on base consoles...

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Here's 1440p Native vs varying DLSS settings. High/Ultra mix with RT set to Ultra. For some reason the GeForce frame rate overlay isn't showing, so I'll just mention the current frame rate next to the info.
1440p Native, ~30fps:
CP-1440p-Ultra-No-DLSS.jpg

1440p DLSS Quality, ~45fps:
CP-1440p-Ultra-DLSS-Quality.jpg

1440p DLSS Performance, ~59fps:
CP-1440p-Ultra-DLSS-Perf.jpg

1440p DLSS Ultra Performance, ~75fps:
CP-1440p-Ultra-DLSS-Ultra-Perf.jpg
Obviously I haven't entered the city yet, we'll see how that goes.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Playing on PS5?
A few pointers right out of the gate

1) Disable Film Grain in Graphics
2) Disable Chromatic Aberration
3) Enable HDR! It’s under Video and is turned off by default. Game looks WAY better with those three changes.

Nevermind PS5... even on PC the first things I always disable are motion blur, chromatic abberation and film grain.

Outside of some very specific cases, those 3 options are a fucking DOWNGRADE.

Hugare

CDPR gotta make back the 300+ million dev cost somehow. They're not gonna make it back on PC alone or even PC+nextgen console.

Besides, the 'normal people' tier that are happy with base consoles honestly are not graphic whore enough to care about visuals the way we do. Some of them don't even care if a game dips under 30fps.
Oh, I'm usually one of those

But I'm not kiding when I say that this is one of the worst looking PS4 games that i've played due to how low the resolution goes, pop in and performance

And I have played Assasins Creed Unity and Fallout 4 on it

It's so bad that I'm thinking about forgetting that I've purchased it until I buy a PS5 next year, despite being hyped as fuck for it.

PS: I'm not "happy" with my base console. A decent PC here in Brazil would cost more than US$ 3.000 to build (R$ 10.000). A PS5 costs about US$ 800 (R$4.400).
So it's not like I'm not a "hardcore gamer", it's just that hardware here is really freaking expensive.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Look at this fat fuck and his future burger
3CkEgRf.jpg

iEbkzeG.jpg

LMAO.

From what I've seen and as expected. Base last gen consoles are blurry as hell, not sure about PS4 Pro. One X looks decent and both current gen versions look good with Series X slightly better in terms of resolution.

I can't wait to play, but have to wait until after work. I took Friday off though, so it will be a good time!

Here's 1440p Native vs varying DLSS settings. High/Ultra mix with RT set to Ultra. For some reason the GeForce frame rate overlay isn't showing, so I'll just mention the current frame rate next to the info.

Obviously I haven't entered the city yet, we'll see how that goes.
I noticed some shimmering at DLSS Performance Balanced. This was improved by using DLSS Quality.

Currently checking out DLSS Auto.

Edit: I meant to say DLSS Balanced. It has been corrected.

Last edited:

K.S v2.0

Banned
Oh, I'm usually one of those

But I'm not kiding when I say that this is one of the worst looking PS4 games that i've played due to how low the resolution goes, pop in and performance

And I have played Assasins Creed Unity and Fallout 4 on it

It's so bad that I'm thinking about forgetting that I've purchased it until I buy a PS5 next year, despite being hyped as fuck for it.

PS: I'm not "happy" with my base console. A decent PC here in Brazil would cost more than US$ 3.000 to build (R$ 10.000). A PS5 costs about US$ 800 (R$4.400).
So it's not like I'm not a "hardcore gamer", it's just that hardware here is really freaking expensive.

I feel you. I've got a close buddy in Brazil who's trying to save up for a decent PC and he feels like the walls are climbing higher every year coz games are getting more demanding. Just as he manages to save up for say a 1080Ti, the 2080 comes out... He saves up for that, now the 3080 is out, etc...

This coming Xmas I'm going to do him a solid and just buy him a damn vidcard. With the money he's saved he can build a modern Gen9 or Gen10 PC himself. Its always the vidcard prices, ugh.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Is the day one patch out yet? I don’t know if I have it or not. Game is pretty buggy.

The game actually runs pretty well, but the graphics aren’t that nice. RDR2 Impressed me more.

Last edited:

INC

Watched an hour of jackfrags playing

Definitely gonna wait now, looks really buggy and glitching all over the place

Last edited:

imsosleepy

after playing this game myself...some of those reviewers were definitely trying to haven an agenda against the game.

game has WAAAAY better gunplay than fallout, on their first try...and they acted like that wasn't a big deal

Its not only that.. ITs stil a fucking rpg. Many looked at it in a way that they really wanted to focus on how much they could critique the gunplay. Combat was so often a point of critique by previewers and now in the reviews but they should have focused way more on the open world aspect, the rpg side, the immersion, the storys, sidequests, characters

Outlier

Ok.
Starting out as a Nomad.

I'm surprised by my PCs performance so far (RX5700XT+Rz3700x), as I'm getting stable 60 FPS with most settings maxed (a couple set to ultra), at 1080P. 1440P is pretty much "cinematic" mode. haha

If the FPS remain stable as I reach more busier parts of the game, I will be very happy. I hope it stays this good.

Wish me luck and enjoy the game, everyone! :messenger_waving:

DZ_b_EZ

2080ti here game runs sily smoooth at 1440p all maxed out without rtx shadows

Same GPU and resolution here, are you trying for 60fps? Is that why you turned RT shadows off?

I'm personally fine with anything above 45fps JUST for the advanced graphics.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Game looks/runs great on PS5 so far. Very short load times, smooth framerate, nice colorful visuals.
Yeah this game loads fast as fuck. I have it installed on a mid-grade NVME on PC and it's about 10sec flat from pressing 'Continue' to being in the game. I was surprised the first time.

Isendurl

Dude did you see this video?

Why are people keep posting this guys tweets?
HE IS A TROLL. He has a troll channel on Youtube.

I have no doubt that this game is pretty bad on last gen consoles, but this guy purposefully played without any patches.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
THEAP99 THEAP99 found you by accident on Twitter when looking up cyberpunk PS5 thoughts, you really hate this game don't you? 😂
I ended up getting it.. man the world seems to ooz with atmosphere, but it's such a waste to play right now imo on ps5 at least. It's soooo blurry. I also feel like the shooting mechanics and ui is based all around mouse and keyboard..

Hopefully that next gen patch comes soon my friend, very soon. I'm interested in the world and main quests so far at least.

Wow game does look bad on last gen base console and by extension current gen especially PS5 cause it’s basically just brute forcing the PS4 through BC. They are just far too weak for a game of this size and ambition. Current gen consoles will handle no problem but CDPR need to release dedicated versions because they can only do so much with last gen code.

it’s clear it has been designed for PC first and foremost. IMO, this game should’ve been PC + PS5 + Xbox Series S|X only but they’d be stupid to ignore all the PS4/XB1 owners.

either the game should have been delayed until current gen versions were ready to go OR it was PC exclusive until they were ready. but again money talks and I think CDPR couldn’t afford to delay again.

Lets hope they can sort out last gen versions. My advice would be play it on PC or hold off for true current gen version next year.

noise36

I am only a couple of hours in on PC and I am blown away at how good it looks, the lighting and characters models are off the charts.

While it can be inconsistent at times, I think it might be the best looking video game ever made at this point which is probably why it runs like shit on anything but a high end PC.

It has been a very smooth experience with my RTX 3080 at 1440P and gsync, just wish the HDR didn't suck on my Dell monitor, dont really want to move the PC to the lounge room for the LG C9.

Which stats and perks to choose is a bit overwhelming, dont want to sink points into stuff that isn't going to help much but who knows at this point what is strong and what is useless.

Last edited:

kiryani

Honestly I feel the game should have been left in the oven for another 6 months. I will probably wait for the next gen patch.

what this really is is a public beta release.

played the game for a good 7 hours today on ps5 and while it’s 60fps the res seems very low it’s blurry and while I suppose I could handle the bugs the game has crashed like 7 or 8 times and every time is crashes it resets my settings to default it’s very frustrating.

I’ve not had one crash on series X, I’ve had 2 instances where’s its frozen, but come back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom