• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

TrainedRage

Banned
This game is so sick. The ONLY problem I’m having is that around 11pm my eyes start drying out and by 12:30 I can’t play anymore.

it’s weird. Because I don’t usually have this happen to me. And when I watch movies and stuff I’m fine.

Maybe I’m just going too hard for too long. Took a break yesterday and hopefully can play longer tonight.

Gimme those cyber eyes ASAP!

Kadayi

Banned
This game is so sick. The ONLY problem I’m having is that around 11pm my eyes start drying out and by 12:30 I can’t play anymore.

it’s weird. Because I don’t usually have this happen to me. And when I watch movies and stuff I’m fine.

Maybe I’m just going too hard for too long. Took a break yesterday and hopefully can play longer tonight.

I hear you dude. I had to take a break yesterday after about 3 hours because my eyes were fucked. Game is too addictive.

Reactions: KO7

TrainedRage

Banned
I hear you dude. I had to take a break yesterday after about 3 hours because my eyes were fucked. Game is too addictive.
Yeah. Maybe it’s a combination of being a first person game and playing at night. But damn it’s so fun.

It’s really helped my YT channel. One of my videos has over 100 views, I never expected that.

perkelson

Despite the issues this game is addictive as hell.

Honestly speaking i don't see any issues. Maybe rough scripted NPC driving when you are passanger. Aside from that it is perfect.

Also if anyone wondering "RPG is bad" from some idiotic coments. This is outcomes for first quest in game:

Mealstorm quest from prologue

outcomes:
- bang bang whole thing
- up to Royce and fail negotations
- finish negotiations paying royce
- fail negotiations giving malware money shard
- pay with cred chip after removing malware
- inform Royce about militech and ally with them before Militech attacks if he lives --- > you meet with his group later
- inform Royce about militech and keep money and flathead --- > you meet with his group later
- kill royce in cutscene when you pull trigger
- kill royce in boss battle
- avoid completely royce boss battle and just exit
- in case of failing to decrypt shard - militech chick arrives ---> later meeting with her after prologue
- in case of decrypting shard - militech dude arrives ----> gives a quest if you picked up blue nomad text while chick was interogating you
- In case of not doing optional part with militech meet up - militech does not arrive

optional:
- free Brick ----> shows up later in one of side quests.

I couldn't find any info about being able to sneak in without Jackie but let assume it is not possible. Don't know if this standard holds up for rest of the game.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
Honestly speaking i don't see any issues. Maybe rough scripted NPC driving when you are passanger. Aside from that it is perfect.

Also if anyone wondering "RPG is bad" from some idiotic coments. This is outcomes for first quest in game:

Mealstorm quest from prologue

outcomes:
- bang bang whole thing
- up to Royce and fail negotations
- finish negotiations paying royce
- fail negotiations giving malware money shard
- pay with cred chip after removing malware
- inform Royce about militech and ally with them before Militech attacks if he lives --- > you meet with his group later
- inform Royce about militech and keep money and flathead --- > you meet with his group later
- kill royce in cutscene when you pull trigger
- kill royce in boss battle
- avoid completely royce boss battle and just exit
- in case of failing to decrypt shard - militech chick arrives ---> later meeting with her after prologue
- in case of decrypting shard - militech dude arrives ----> gives a quest if you picked up blue nomad text while chick was interogating you

optional:
- free Brick ----> shows up later in one of side quests.

I couldn't find any info about being able to sneak in without Jackie but let assume it is not possible. Don't know if this standard holds up for rest of the game.

I'll add I had a completely different experience on my first and second playthroughs of The Clouds story. Second playthrough was a peaceful affair, with a bit of sneaking and hacking cameras, but was able to talk to the big boss and get what I needed. Whereas at the first time I ended up shooting up the whole place and even when leaving the receptionist was hiding behind the counter and kept telling me to get out.

in most of these story missions the "end state" may be the same, but the path that you take and experience you have along the way can be pretty different.

Kadayi

Banned
I played for about 10 hours yesterday and only quit because I had to go to bed at 7pm for work at 3am. It’s so addicting.

Heh. Yeah. I ended up putting in a couple more hours despite my eyes complaining and played till 1, which isn't necessarily a great idea when you're getting up at 7 and it's insanely busy at work. But still, a few less gang members in Night City so I feel my sleep deprivation was worth it. 🤔

• Strength
Reactions: KO7

killatopak

Gold Member
So on the Beat The Brat quest

Do I still get another car just like the one you get when you win if I don‘t take it from him? Is it a unique car? I mean I’ll take the car if it’s unique but I do wanna help his family out especially since he has a pregnant wife.

John2290

Finally?

Its been out less than a week lmao
:D
The random Barry the neighbor event was interesting. CDPR are good at creating little encounters like this that stick with you.

I took the advice in the old thread and started playing without the minimap. It's much more immersive this way.
I love how it's timed also, it feels more emergent than it actually is and that's where CDPR's mission designers are master class. I'm a bit bummed out here though that they just went with clobbering the map with icons, while you're doing one thing you could pick up five more things to do. The village boards in towns in TW3 were a much more managable way to do it, instead of picking multiple quests while exploring and then having to retroactively go into the menu again later. Side missions, yeah that's all cool as well as random event but all the rest of the gigs should be on an internet app on your phone or something. The map it way too clutered and the way you pick up cars is ridiculous, GTA figured this out seven years ago with vendors being attached to your personal phone and even if they didn't do it with phones, they could have easily done it with laptops and had some kind of enternet cafe act as a kind of folder to bundle all the gigs, car sales and some other oppertunities.

scalman

which to choose ...um i mean wtf
Fm3nBA1.png

someone said you cant eat on street , yes you can , just its not animals meat ... umm then what is it ?
SvhK4Ar.png

fun find on street
YLrWRP8.png

no RT so you get just that
WUn6FKD.jpg

Last edited:

Shouta

Can anyone with high crafting confirm if you can craft Iconics all the way to legendary or is one rank higher the most they can be?

I'll double check with the random iconics I have later today but at least with the Dying Night (Pistol) that I got at the start, I can craft that all the way to Legendary.

Moogle11

Banned
This game has some amazing sidequests, I'm enjoying them even more than those on offer from The Witcher 3 they're that good for me personally.

Yeah that was my biggest hope--that the sidequests were as good or better than Witcher 3. I rarely like the gameplay all that much in WRPGs and W3 and this game are no exception. It's all about the stories, lore, characters, atmosphere, immersion in the world etc. and Cyberpunk is delivering all that in spades.

The gameplay isn't bad, but if I wanted to play a shooter (I realize their are other builds/ways to play), I'd go download Doom Eternal from Gamepass which is next on my list of games to play. But I'm super sucked into this game, so that will wait a while.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
just did a really cool sidequest where you have to break into a heavily armed house and "neutralize" someone at the top. along the way everyone is heavily armed, so shooting through is out of the question. ended up playing a lot with the stealth elements, pinging, every enemy, marking them, finding all the electronics in the house, etc. had to use a speaker to distract the final guard.

it was pretty rad stuff. havent had this much fun with open world stealth since Far Cry 5.

Loostreaks

Don't take this the wrong way, there is more than enough evidence out there showing the game is all sorts of fucked up. Mainly on base consoles. Setting aside the technical issues and speaking strictly on the game design i can't help but think people and their ridiculously sky high expectations that have been fermenting for years have contrinmbuted to the experience being ruined.

I'm on ps5 playing this game and I'm apparently lucky so far. Only a few visual bugs, no crashes or anything. This is the first cdpr red game I've played, and I only really started paying attention to the game a few months ago. I went into it with not really having expectations beyond being a fan of the setting. I'm sitting here playing the game and enjoying it watching all this chaos going on around me like..
I've no idea how it goes on consoles, but so far on my end: zero bugs, zero crashes, few random npc glitches. I'm still pretty early in the game, though.. either I'm really lucky or those few patches since release really did fix a lot of issues. ( I have slightly above/average pc)
As for the game itself, they definitely "overhyped" a few features. No, it's not a "next gen open world"...not until they hugely improve npc AI. No, lifepaths do not have long, deep intros and profoundly change the game. There are not as many npcs you can romance and there are far fewer buildings you can explore.
But it's still probably the best rpg out there ( if it holds up)..it's more like a AAA Masquerade Bloodlines ( when it comes to characters and quest design) than Deus Ex ( Cyberpunk is overall less stealth oriented), with really good gunplay, huge number of character building options, incredible world/building, etc, etc.
I can't see how anyone can say this is not another step up for CDPR, performance issues aside.
Even with last gen consoles fiasco, they absolutely drop the ball in rushing the reviews in only about 3 days.
My only complaints so far is npc AI, Bethesda-like stealth routines and levelled loot ( there is ton of options with guns and weapons, the game really didn't need to flood it with as much).

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

How much? Are we talking about totally different endings or just some disclaimer saying X or Y happened while the ending remains mostly the same?
There is only one ending available if you don't do any sidequests. So yeah, they are pretty important - you also get very different variations of the final mission in different endings.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
How did you get that car? Sampson mission? If yes please answer this:

When does he call? I saved him and skipped 24 hours 7 times. I havent received a call. What level are you and how far in without spoiling?

It's a reward for a Gig called
Life's Work
, which can be found at the bottom area of the Heywood district. Not sure when it unlocks, I did it during Act 2.

Ivory Blood

I've no idea how it goes on consoles, but so far on my end: zero bugs, zero crashes, few random npc glitches. I'm still pretty early in the game, though.. either I'm really lucky or those few patches since release really did fix a lot of issues. ( I have slightly above/average pc)
As for the game itself, they definitely "overhyped" a few features. No, it's not a "next gen open world"...not until they hugely improve npc AI. No, lifepaths do not have long, deep intros and profoundly change the game. There are not as many npcs you can romance and there are far fewer buildings you can explore.
But it's still probably the best rpg out there ( if it holds up)..it's more like a AAA Masquerade Bloodlines ( when it comes to characters and quest design) than Deus Ex ( Cyberpunk is overall less stealth oriented), with really good gunplay, huge number of character building options, incredible world/building, etc, etc.
I can't see how anyone can say this is not another step up for CDPR, performance issues aside.
Even with last gen consoles fiasco, they absolutely drop the ball in rushing the reviews in only about 3 days.
My only complaints so far is npc AI, Bethesda-like stealth routines and levelled loot ( there is ton of options with guns and weapons, the game really didn't need to flood it with as much).
Yeah, I'm on PC, and had only some floating weapons and phones, sometimes npcs stuck on a stairwell, and one crash in 75+ hours I played.

MadYarpen

Yeah, I'm on PC, and had only some floating weapons and phones, sometimes npcs stuck on a stairwell, and one crash in 75+ hours I played.
I'm on PC and yesterday was the first day I did not have a single crash. Before I had between 10 - 20 crashes easily, and I think I have not finished act 1. But a quest does not trigger for me now so all is as usual. I love the game but it is not an easy relationship lol. And to think mine is reasonably good experience is crazy.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The only review that matters.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
this game is like being transported to a parallel universe where bethesda knows how to world build and write a story and rockstar knows how to make good gameplay, what a treat

needs that kojima polish and character design tho :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:
The game really gets the cyberpunk vibe absolutely right. This is a crazy, deep, dark, messed up world where everyone is fighting to survive. And it really feels like the year 2077 on some alternate earth. Night City is one seriously fucked up town, and it's awesome.

Your character is really just a small-time hood trying to make it big, and Johnny Silverhand is a bit of a dick who clearly got carried away with himself. They're imperfect but real people and their relationship to the world is complex, just like the amazing cast of characters around them. Really interested in seeing where this all goes, but I doubt I'll be finishing any time soon. In fact, I might just hold off on playing it all the way through until a few patches and refinements arrive.

In some ways, this game feels like a throwback to the old days before AAA gaming became incredibly safe - when incredibly ambitious devs would bite off way more than they could chew and make flawed but amazing masterpieces.

RyRy93

Playing it on PS4 Pro with an SSD and it is rough around the edges and definitely janky but I can't remember the last time I played a game 5 hours straight and only stopped because life was stopping me, not because I felt like I needed a break.

Getting Beth RPG vibes but with a much more ambitious world.

Denton

32 hours in...this game will be a masterpiece once it is fully fixed. There are quite a few small niggles and open world jank and imperfections that stick out because the world looks so stunning and everything is so high quality. It really feels like a first true interactive movie ever made, combining that high quality movie level storytelling and visuals with first person perspective and total immersion. Truly nextgen game, it is a shame CDP didn't cancel lastgen versions and give devs another 6 months for more polish on PC and nextgen. People would happily upgrade for this, in 6 months there will be better nextgen hardware stock, hopefully, and CDP could have saved themselves a brutal reputation hit. And it would still sell extremely well, because it would be a system seller.

desktopscreenshot20206jkhp.png

desktopscreenshot2020x9k5h.png

desktopscreenshot2020cdk8c.png

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

I'm on PC and yesterday was the first day I did not have a single crash. Before I had between 10 - 20 crashes easily, and I think I have not finished act 1. But a quest does not trigger for me now so all is as usual. I love the game but it is not an easy relationship lol. And to think mine is reasonably good experience is crazy.
That's actually pretty crazy, maybe It's hardware dependent to some extent?

Last edited:
How is the performance on the Series X? Better wait for a next gen patch or not?

Also, how are the controls and combat? I think The Witcher 3 was terrible in that regard.

Moogle11

Banned

Need to get you some eye drops, some of the moisturizing, tear replacement ones for dry eye issues.

in 6 months there will be better nextgen hardware stock, hopefully, and CDP could have saved themselves a brutal reputation hit.

What's going to save CDPR here is that they've actually made a great game. This isn't Mass Effect Andromeda or something. They just need to get it up to snuff and playable for everyone.

I bet by the time they start teasing the first major DLC everyone will be jonesing for it.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Were people so anxious to have an opinion on this game? I heard so much about the side quests being piss-poor in comparison to the main quest, but I find them to be quite interesting and varied. I also heard trusted industry pundits talking about how they wish you could roam around and look for adventure as opposed to receiving everything by phone, but you can essentially have your cake in that situation, because many side quests can be found as "?" on the map and when you get near, the call will come through giving you the details, meaning that you can just explore and find plenty of things to do.

I really feel like people need to slow down before dishing out reviews on this game.

TrainedRage

Banned
Need to get you some eye drops, some of the moisturizing, tear replacement ones for dry eye issues.
The thing is I am using eye drops. The “soothing” kind. It helps for like 15-20 min then It’s back to dry eyes. It has got to be an accumulation of screen time with work and this game. Damn zoom!!!

luffie

Future content updates need to add more interactivity, that's the only thing this game really needs, interactable arcade machines, soda machines, Barber and tattoo shops....etc. Night City is a very good foundatiion and it deserves it.

Yeah, this game really needs to have a bit more interactions with world, at least let modders be able to mod buildings please.

In games like Witcher, you can spot a unique landmark and there is something to discovered there. Here, interesting buildings mostly cannot be entered, really disappointing at times.

Imo, being able to customize apartment will be a big plus. Fallout 4 customisation was quite addictive.

Excuse my pleb resolution.
This game has like every influence you can think of in the cyberpunk genre, kinda cool and kinda not because doesn't look that unique because of it too. Also, i feel like nothing was gained by making the game mostly first person, the only moments that i like first person are while driving and while shooting, everything else would so much cooler and better in third person, in particular jumping and fighting with melee would be improved so much not to metntion about actually seeing your cool character constantly in the world.

But it is what it is, hair physics don't even react to you driving a motorcycle and during photomode you realize that the animations aren't even there instead you get just a model replacement, quite lame.
I'm with you, in that i really like 3rd person, but some scenes in this game really works best in 1st person, they really nailed it.
I just hope that they can make melee to switch into 3rd person though, after all Jedi Knight has done it already and it works fine.

How is the performance on the Series X? Better wait for a next gen patch or not?

Also, how are the controls and combat? I think The Witcher 3 was terrible in that regard.

I've been playing on Series X since release and have no complaints at all. Only bug I've had is falling through the world floor when exiting a vehicle. Happened twice so far but I save often so no big deal.

ultrazilla

I'm playing on PC and I've encountered a bug where I cannot progress.

Any help would be great. I'll spoiler just in case:

I've just got out of cyberspace talking to V and Bridgette. Jumped out of the ice and the mission(yellow tag) says
to leave the chapel. I get up into the chapel and Palisade is at the door. I'm prompted to talk to him with two choices of
dialog. I do that but then the doors will not open. I've reloaded the game. Quit and restarted the game and I'm having
no luck with this. First bug I've encountered that's actually disrupted my 1st play through.

Thanks for any help. 👍

Top Bottom