• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Loostreaks

Killed Royce ( really intense boss fight, way faster than in 2018 demo..or I just really suck at it :p), got his Chaos pistol. Can't get enough how good guns in this game sound and feel. CDPR made the right choice of hiring ex Counter strike pro to work on gunplay.
I don't give a damn about a bloody barber, but this game really needs a flashlight.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Black Chamber Black Chamber - the OT2 playlist is... *chef's kiss*

aakYPjR.gif

I AM PLAYING THIS GAME FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW. MY WIFE IS THREATENING DIVORCE IF I DON'T LEAVE THE BASEMENT BUT I DON'T CARE! HYPE ON

Please tell me where that GIF is from. It is so 80s Anime that I am in love.

On topic:

Been playing a good bit of Cyberpunk. Wasn't too big into it until I finally got to the open world. Being able to drive around, do some sidequests, act as a merc in this crazy city, explore... just feels fantastic. Thankfully haven't run into any horrid bugs on my PS5, but I am also only 2 hours into the game and haven't touched the story yet.

Keihart

Excuse my pleb resolution.
This game has like every influence you can think of in the cyberpunk genre, kinda cool and kinda not because doesn't look that unique because of it too. Also, i feel like nothing was gained by making the game mostly first person, the only moments that i like first person are while driving and while shooting, everything else would so much cooler and better in third person, in particular jumping and fighting with melee would be improved so much not to metntion about actually seeing your cool character constantly in the world.

But it is what it is, hair physics don't even react to you driving a motorcycle and during photomode you realize that the animations aren't even there instead you get just a model replacement, quite lame.

s6AmRC8.jpg

Last edited:
Did same time double jump and blades in hands , guess you will get those after reach some level i think i found them on lvl 20 or smt. Now if its like 400m to mission i just run and jump around dont drive and go straight not around. Its so cool as he said changes game for good.
Once one ripperdock have them then others too so go to any of them. They can cost somw but worth it as i loot everything and everyone buying all cars that i find money its not problem. For others it might be though
Im 40 hrs and still just about lvl 25 or so. And those percentages 30 /10 /10%
They're 45k
Just bought the blades for now.

Don't repay your debt. I have yet to find a benefit.

I just did a huge Delamanne story arc where you can't save throughout the mission because you're in combat mode the whole time. Then after making an important choice I'm supposed to get in Delamanne's car to end the quest.

The only problem?

The car's upside down and on fire.

I tried to get in and I just get flame damage. I looked it up on youtube to make sure I wasn't missing something and in the youtube video the guy just hopped in a normal, non-infernal vehicle.

I can't complete the quest without getting in the car and I can't get in it because... well it's on fire isn't it lol

Last edited:

scalman

Didnt know cars gets on fire and explode at least when they flipped on roof.
Car was fine some powerfull truck drove fast then brake fast and car lifted via front and landed on roof itself road was fine .
Got out of car after 15 sec big boom !!! Group of angry npc's nearby .. ???!!@???
Looted something underwater ,they could made some more activities underwater its kinda cool there.

Last edited:

TastyPastry

Finally finished the game.
Hope there is a sequel sometime in the future.
Expect a full sequel in 10-15 years.

i really hope this game will get a sequel one day. sale numbers seem great for now (if the word of mouth won't completly kill the game's legs and every old gen console gamer won't return their copy).
i guess it depends on how big the backlash right now really is. it would honestly suck if they just keep making witcher games from now on forever because that's the safer bet for cdpr.

John2290

I feel like if they pulled a Bethesda and went with buildings as separated instances on 8th gen hardware like V's apartment complex has the elevator to divide it, they might have a chance of making this work. I don't see any chance of them getting this to work on console after any amount of patching. I'd take separate instance and a slight loading screen if they open world part of the game worked better. Everything inside buildings and and main missions is all good, it's clean and it's polished but the open world is a mess, I don't need to be able to enter every sex shop in a red light district if walking through it on my way to do something else makes my console crash or the performance and visual loading issues to kick in.

Idk, I just don't see them being able to fix this, the city is way too ambitious. Separate instances for 8th gen console users seems like the only options they have cause, and it's just a hunch, this doesn't seem to be a case of an unfinished game. More like the console can and will never be able to live up to what they attempted here.

That said, i see people playing on machines that'd cost 5k or upwards to build and they having a lot of the same issues I'm seeing on PRO like texture pop in, NPC that are just walking foliage to say the least, bugs like falling through the world or causing traffic to go flying across the map out of no where etc. So, perhaps it's partly unfinished and partly a mess cause they can't optimize for the hardware on consoles.

FIngers crossed anyway, might put the game down until spring and see how they fair but it's so good i keep coming back even though I know I'm doing myself a disservice by playing the game in this state. Anyway, 25 hours on the in game ticker, probably more like 22 controller in hand and I'm still doing side stuff at the start of Act 2.

Chris Walken

Neo Member
After readung the "Emergency call" thread, ind knowing evat CDProjekt have done and will do un the next months, i've decided to put the game on a 1 year hold (or even more).

I want them to demonstrate that they can revert the situation and play the game on a perfect state after erasing bugs, adding inmersive elements to the city and revamping npcs AI.

This is like a impossible dream and the comments from CDprojekt are not very optimitic in this aspect, but i want to believe a little.

We will see us again at the end of 2021/ mbeggining of 2022.

Hava a nice game samurais :)

DanEON

These suggestions are absolutely retarded and will make your game look worse. C9 owner here, basically using the opposite of this suggestion.
well, I didnt test it yet because I am not at home. But it wasn't supposed to make much difference. As he said, its slightly better.
Did you turn off DTM?

zwiggelbig

oh man!! I started the first hour on ps4 and it was ridiculous stupid. I quit. Bought it on steam, got geforce now and just redid that hour. The first shooting event was already WAY MORE FUN and I dont get any complaints about the shooting. For a game that aint destiny but a open world story rpg the shooting is super satifying! Atleast with mouse and keyboard!
And that was just with the first dumb handgun lol. Cant wait to discover everything. And really curious about the story.
Its a shame this game has not become a circlecirk of hate. They dont deserve it. CDPR wil patch it all out. But yes, releasing it on ps4 was unacceptable.

Kadayi

Banned
oh man!! I started the first hour on ps4 and it was ridiculous stupid. I quit. Bought it on steam, got geforce now and just redid that hour. The first shooting event was already WAY MORE FUN and I dont get any complaints about the shooting. For a game that aint destiny but a open world story rpg the shooting is super satifying! Atleast with mouse and keyboard!
And that was just with the first dumb handgun lol. Cant wait to discover everything. And really curious about the story.
Its a shame this game has not become a circlecirk of hate. They dont deserve it. CDPR wil patch it all out. But yes, releasing it on ps4 was unacceptable.

Indeed Doom Patrol working overtime on the hating. Meanwhile, everyone else playing the game and having a blast. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sucks about the console state of play, but the actual game underneath is pretty satisfying. Once it's all patched up performance-wise I hope people give it a second chance. It's pretty moreish once you start digging into it.

John2290

55% of Ps4 players have made it into Act 2 according to the trophies so it's grabbing people despite the bugs. Death Stranding was one of the most polished games ever to release and it took more than a fortnight for 30% of players to reach the same amount of play, in or abouts anyway and that was a much smaller and niche release.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The random Barry the neighbor event was interesting. CDPR are good at creating little encounters like this that stick with you.

I took the advice in the old thread and started playing without the minimap. It's much more immersive this way.

Moogle11

Banned
I continue to be impressed by the city and the game as a whole. I started doing the Delamain sidequests last night which involved going to new areas of the city and I was wowed by the size and the variety of areas and there’s still tons of the map I haven’t been to yet. Still no hard crashes in 16+ hours on XSX in quality mode, though I’m up to 4 times of having to reload a save or restart the game to fix a bug.

HotPocket69

Banned
Is there any way to make breach protocols easier to solve? I feel like that Christmas Tree Attack trophy is going to be the one thing gating me from the Platinum because the breach puzzles are completely randomized and it feels like sheer luck unlocking all three levels in one go.

Last edited:

zwiggelbig

I've been wondering about the whole controversy surrounding this game. How realistically can we expect them to improve on people's complaints about the game? I'm not talking about bugs and performance, that'll obviously get fixed. I'm talking about:
  • Police AI being terrible
  • NPC AI being lifeless
  • Lack of customization options such as changing hairstyle and appearance, customizing weapons/cars/apartment, etc.
  • No transmog
  • Lack of immersive and random things to do in the city such as no minigames, hailing cabs, sitting for some food/drink, gun range, etc.
  • Lack of romance options and prostitutes to bang (This one is funny to me, but also valid I think.)
I mean if they completely resolved, or at the very least improved on all these things, it could turn CP77 into something truly special. But the question is whether or not this will realistically happen. Are they gonna go down the No Man's Sky route, or are they gonna do the bare minimum before moving on to developing Multiplayer and the DLC?

(BTW I say all this as someone who is having a lot of fun. But I can't ignore the complaints from others, nor my own personal feelings after 40+ hours that there's a lot of missed potential here.)
I dont believe they wil do any of those things. Maybe transmog. But for character customization they would have to add a whole new vendor and code in everything.

They announced 2 patches. They wil most likely only fix on improvement of the game, bug fixes. Then come out with DLC extensions like blood and wine and then release multiplayer and hopefully add the multiplayer content also in the single player..

But yea it would be amazing if they actually improved those things in the game. But most single player games dont have the legs like the witcher so its not worth the extra work. Most money is made in the first month. But the witcher proved otherwise for them. Hope they try to improve the game for that reason as well. also their reputation just took a big hit. And they themselfs bragged about npc's, ai and cops..

OK I found a legit gripe. From me. Defender of all things CP2077.

V is a manlet. I'm 6'5 IRL and have noticed that V looks up to everyone. I have to estimate he must be 5'4 based on conversations I have. Fucking hell I look up to Judy. This is the most glaring problem I'm having 25 hrs in. Give us height options PLZ modders.

No one has a power fantasy as role playing a Cyberpunk manlet.

Ultimadrago

V is a manlet. I'm 6'5 IRL and have noticed that V looks up to everyone. I have to estimate he must be 5'4 based on conversations I have. Fucking hell I look up to Judy. This is the most glaring problem I'm having 25 hrs in. Give us height options PLZ modders.

Ok so it's not just me!

Kadayi

Banned

This is why female V makes sense 🤔

Kadayi

Banned
The only justification for manlet V is framing in conversation scenes. But I'd wager after modders build in some height options the framing of those scenes will still be fine.

As someone who sees maybe 3-4 people a year taller than me, this game is jarring as fuck. How do you short bros manage? Is life just a living hell?

I'm not short either. I think it's not uncommon in a lot of games though. I noticed earlier in the year that basically Sam in Death Stranding is shorter than everyone including Fragile, even though Normal Reedus is about 5'10 where as Léa Seydoux is 5'6

It does make sneaking easier though. Just think that maybe it's a Shadowrun crossover and you're a hobbit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Top Bottom