• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

ebevan91

Did a short mission where I had to locate some drugs that had been stolen from a ripper doc.
Found the modded solider guy in an apartment, on the brink of going cyberpsycho. I've fought a cyberpsycho or two already; they're monsters when they go off. I know what this means. He'd stolen the drugs to stop himself from going crazy, but they weren't working. I managed to talk him down from shooting me, but then he went all quiet and told me to take the drugs and leave while he sat on the couch. I picked up the drugs and left, and as I walked out the door to the apartment I hear a gun shot. I'm using Dolby Atmos on the PC, and the sounds clearly coming from behind me; I don't need to turn around to know what just happened. But, after a second, I turn around anyway. He's dead on the couch, having shot himself in the head. I kinda just stood there for a minute as the quest objective completed. "Mission accomplished, here's your money." I achieved my mission, but I failed that man. He didn't want to be a monster, and I couldn't help him. And I'm still thinking about that 12 hours later.
Its rare for a game to have content that affecting - and its just a short side mission. Incredible stuff.

That guy shot himself right in front of me when I did that one. IIRC he had his gun pointed towards me and then he put it to his head and pulled the trigger.

Ultimadrago

Panam. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Y39x1vG.png

mWPK223.png

I haven't met her yet, but I am EXCITE!

People saying "I experience no bugs, my game works perfect," I am sorry but I flat out don't believe you. I think you're lying.

I love the game, it's the best looking game I have played on PC by far, but the bugs are starting to just kill the immersion too often for me. Might need a break for awhile while it cooks longer.

Last edited:

Shouta

Thanks. Nice to have confirmation. Did you upgrade Dying Night before you had the crating perks for higher ranks? I'm wondering if the higher tier schematics will unlock for me once I get the required perks or if I'm stuck at Rare forever since I crafted it too early. Also there's perks that increase crafted item stats, did you notice if they're retroactive?

I'm pretty sure the schematics will show up for the next tier once you have the perk unless it's already in your list. Having the previous tier iconic is required to upgrade it to the next one.

As for the stat perk, I'm pretty sure it's not retroactive. I got one point into that and it didn't look like my weapons upgraded when I checked them. I'll have to recraft them to see if there's a difference.

waylo

Banned
People saying "I experience no bugs, my game works perfect," I am sorry but I flat out don't believe you. I think you're lying.

I love the game, it's the best looking game I have played on PC by far, but the bugs are starting to just kill the immersion too often for me. Might need a break for awhile while it cooks longer.
I've experienced bugs, but nothing awful. Game has crashed to desktop literally once in 25 hours. I've had people slide instead of walk maybe twice. Outside of that, I've had no other issues. Call me a liar if you'd like, but that's my experience.

40hrs in and well after I already completed the main story I realize there are TABS in each skill/perk tree!!11! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

WTF this is some bad UI design! Lol

Also, how am I supposed to use all of these skills? I barely scratched the surface of the ones on the default page/tab!

Last edited:

SullaFelix

Neo Member
Started some quests in the badlands and it's a really cool change from Night CIty. This game's primary/main side quest design is really great, and I've enjoyed every one I've done so far.

Shouta

40hrs in and well after I already completed the main story I realize there are TABS in each skill tree!!11! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

WTF this is some bad UI design! Lol

Also, how am I supposed to use all of these skills? I barely scratched the surface of the ones on the default page/tab!

You gain skill points from levels and from leveling individual skills as well so that helps a bit but there's a limited amount probably so gotta do builds.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can I just say that it's just insane how much original music is in this game? The diversity and amount of tracks on all the radio channels is just mindblowing. Konrad Oldmoney basically made a double album to fill The Dirge FM

and there's also this fucking masterpiece:

It's just wild to me that I walk into some random club and I find techno legend Nina Kravitz with some bangers:

CPIaoMr.jpg

And then I walk outside and see this:

YIJDGNc.jpg

I mean, holy shit dude. Still can't wrap my head around the visual design of the city. Absolutely crazy.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Whole sequence of transition from Act 1 to 2, is some of the craziest, most intense narrative and gameplay I've experienced in video game. It's like someone spliced together Tarantino with Bladerunner with Terminator.
for sure! im looking forward to my replays.

Crazy bugs and all but I really like the game anyway. Sometimes my character just won't run and you gotta reload. Sometimes he just falls through a floor into the void and you gotta reload. And of course sometimes to complete a quest he needs to get inside a car that is upside down and on fire and you gotta reload.

The real winners are people who pick up cyberpunk goty edition 2-3 years from now at half retail price with great dlcs bundled in, on high spec systems with a host of graphical/performance/gameplay updates.

In particular I really like the writing and characters in this game, I don't get why it's so hard for english speaking countries to not suck at that kind of thing. Each character in the side missions feels like they are going through something that is personal and growing/changing. I've been hanging out with River Ward and I just think he's awesome. I could do a whole buddy cop game with him happily. He told me not to say anything so I remained silent as he informed someone their child was abducted. It was so painful for him to break the news that I was like "River, oh no" and loaded the game so I could interrupt and prevent him from going through that!

MadYarpen

That's actually pretty crazy, maybe It's hardware dependent to some extent?
I'm on 100% AMD PC so who knows? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:. But some of them were very specific, for example 5 times it crashed when I was 700m away from the marker I was going to. Regardless of the route I chose, so I don't think it was hardware. Restarting the computer helped though.

DeaDPo0L84

Just hit act 3 and immediately did the side quest to get
Johnny silverhand's gun
With this, overwatch sniper, and the fenrir SMG setting shit on fire, I'm pretty good on firepower.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Not seeing this mentioned anywhere, I just got a prompt to register the game @ GOG in the menu.

Having done so it rewards you with some in-game Witcher branded swag that seems to be scaling to your level, armor values significantly higher than anything I have, and a 900 DPS katana.

wNOPAYE.jpg

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Not seeing this mentioned anywhere, I just got a prompt to register the game @ GOG in the menu.

Having done so it rewards you with some in-game Witcher branded swag that seems to be scaling to your level, armor values significantly higher than anything I have, and a 900 DPS katana.

wNOPAYE.jpg

Eh I saw that but passed. I never like this shit. Call me a curmudgeon but I hate crossovers. Especially when it's such a strange match like Witcher shit in Cyberpunk.

I remember Xeno-whatever had a crossover like, mission, or something on Breath of the Wild and I thought it was the dumbest thing that I couldn't just opt out of it. Instead I had to see it every time I opened the quest log.

Dorohedoro

Hell of an OT, glad all that hard work you put into it wasn't for nothing.

Has anyone seen it rain outside of missions? I've played for 30 hours now and it's only rained twice, when Jackie drives you to your apartment and in the 2nd part of the hotel heist.

Last edited:

perkelson

The game really gets the cyberpunk vibe absolutely right. This is a crazy, deep, dark, messed up world where everyone is fighting to survive. And it really feels like the year 2077 on some alternate earth. Night City is one seriously fucked up town, and it's awesome.

And it gets super dark at times fully realizing dysktopia theme of city chewing and spitting you out. Yesterday i got 3 quests independant from each other and after 3rd i had to go to take a shower. I don't remember any game going as dark as C77 since i started playing in 90s i think only Fallout 1 gets as dark as C77.

I fucking howled with happines when i butchered VooDooBoys.

The sidequests in this game are just something else. And the most impossible thing is that they achieved such cinematography without any cinematography as game is completely from 1st person view.

perkelson

Can't be worse than Stout's.

I actually like her. She is a bitch, and V is also smartshit so it would be hilarious to get around with her or get messages from her. Generally i feel that CDPR should expand what they did to to few characters to a lot more characters and place them in the world like a lot of other npcs.

Game already is masterpiece but with that system extended to more characters it would be easily 13/10

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So I’m just hitting up every side op by pulling up the map and finding something near me and not even using my car just doing missions. This game is addicting. Just wandering around and exploring and taking on crime scenes that are mini challenges all over the city. Very nice mix of combat and stealth, driving, story, and hacking. The hacking stuff is so awesome, and makes combat so much more strategic. Do you distract some guards with a vending machine or monitor? Or do you blow out one’s eyes sight so you can sneak by undetected? Brilliant gameplay. Love it.

Last edited:

Shouta

Hell of an OT, glad all that hard work you put into it wasn't for nothing.

Has anyone seen it rain outside of missions? I've played for 30 hours now and it's only rained twice, when Jackie drives you to your apartment and in the 2nd part of the hotel heist.

It's rained a lot outside of missions in my game.

I think people are exaggerating (on both ends of the spectrum) or aren't very observant. As for me, I won't say I haven't experienced any bugs, but they have been so few and far between that I'd call it close enough for a game of this scale.

Anyone else feel like this game holds your hand way to much?

for such a big open world I feel like I’m constantly stood still talking and there’s barely been any choices that matter.

my side quests consist of 4 fist fights and 7 ai cars to find. Barely anything else to do other than the mainquest which seems to be just stood still talking.

I was expecting something like new Vegas.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Anyone else feel like this game holds your hand way to much?

for such a big open world I feel like I’m constantly stood still talking and there’s barely been any choices that matter.

my side quests consist of 4 fist fights and 7 ai cars to find. Barely anything else to do other than the mainquest which seems to be just stood still talking.

I was expecting something like new Vegas.

I think there was some talking in New Vegas, too.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
So, I stored all of my items in my car's trunk before The Heist. I just opened the trunk after the mission, and everything is gone. Are you supposed to lose everything after that one?

Madflavor

VTx08HD.jpg
Jeeeeesuuus Christ!

It's one round per clip, but this pistol (or rather handcannon) is no joke. I'm one shotting most enemies on hard. I just headshotted a guy for 35k damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom