• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

ultrazilla

Holy shit did anyone do that mission 'The Hunt'. I am so disturbed by it.

Can't wait!

CDRbVXU.gif

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone figure out how gorilla arms are supposed to help you open doors?

I have 16 body, ran into a door that has a 20 body skill check. With gorilla arms the skill check is still at 20 and it doesn’t add anything to my body attribute?

I'll double check with the random iconics I have later today but at least with the Dying Night (Pistol) that I got at the start, I can craft that all the way to Legendary.
Thank you, please do. Right now with Crafting at 7 I only see the schematic for the Rare version. When I craft it, the schematic for Epic version doesn't show up but I don't have the perk to craft Epics yet. But on the other hand, Chaos, the Iconic pistol from Royce, which starts at Rare has it's Epic schematic available even thought I can't use it yet.

Played a bit more today--it really is a grotesque game in places...

I hate how annoying it is to pick something up, and the menus are convoluted, but overall I am enjoying it.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Without going into spoilers territory, I'm guessing the whole "It's GTA reskin-no cyberpunk dystopia" is another lie by hate circle jerk?
I'm still way early, but ( from what I've heard) main story seems as fitting to the genre as it gets.
Game couldn't be less GTA, I think that's actually part of what people are upset about.

It's Deus Ex meets The Witcher, with a little Watch Dogs sprinkled in.

Keihart

Anyone figure out how gorilla arms are supposed to help you open doors?

I have 16 body, ran into a door that has a 20 body skill check. With gorilla arms the skill check is still at 20 and it doesn’t add anything to my body attribute?
all arm weapons seem kinda bugged, like charges for mono and gorilla arms, i wonder what else it's not working properly but i don't even know because of how obscure most descriptions are (also, the mantis blades seem to gain blunt buffs, no fucking idea what's going on lmao)

Quick tip, no idea if it's a bug or not, if you quick step and activate slowmo with aiming or just dodging and quick step again before slow mo ends you get a bump in distance pretty big. I'm using it to close distance with melee.

Last edited:

UncleMeat

Anyone know if the Kerenzikov slo-mo ability from the 2018 gameplay demo is still in the game?

I just bought the Kerenzikov cyberware upgrade but it's just a 50% slowdown for 1,5 second when I aim while dodging. Nothing like what they showed in the demo. I also seem to think it was an inhaler that gave the ability.

Ya, there are some cyberdecks that give you a slow mo ability if you press L1+R1. Two of the ripperdocs in watson have uncommon ones and vick has a legendary grade one (you have to pay him back first). I'm trying to figure out which is the best b/c the time slowdown is different and I'm not sure if there is a typo and if it's supposed to mean slows time down 75% or time slows down to 75%.

Keihart

Honestly speaking i don't see any issues. Maybe rough scripted NPC driving when you are passanger. Aside from that it is perfect.

Also if anyone wondering "RPG is bad" from some idiotic coments. This is outcomes for first quest in game:

Mealstorm quest from prologue

outcomes:
- bang bang whole thing
- up to Royce and fail negotations
- finish negotiations paying royce
- fail negotiations giving malware money shard
- pay with cred chip after removing malware
- inform Royce about militech and ally with them before Militech attacks if he lives --- > you meet with his group later
- inform Royce about militech and keep money and flathead --- > you meet with his group later
- kill royce in cutscene when you pull trigger
- kill royce in boss battle
- avoid completely royce boss battle and just exit
- in case of failing to decrypt shard - militech chick arrives ---> later meeting with her after prologue
- in case of decrypting shard - militech dude arrives ----> gives a quest if you picked up blue nomad text while chick was interogating you
- In case of not doing optional part with militech meet up - militech does not arrive

optional:
- free Brick ----> shows up later in one of side quests.

I couldn't find any info about being able to sneak in without Jackie but let assume it is not possible. Don't know if this standard holds up for rest of the game.
I wonder what duplicating the malware does later since you can do both, decrypt and duplicate in one go.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so i notice that you gain EXP every time you hack something. is that true? cos i have been just randomly PING and doing other quickhacks no matter where i am for a little boost.

heheh i guess the hacking stuff is the same as Watch Dogs but i never played that. it's really fun! definitely boosts the stealth play elements.

Keihart

so i notice that you gain EXP every time you hack something. is that true? cos i have been just randomly PING and doing other quickhacks no matter where i am for a little boost.

heheh i guess the hacking stuff is the same as Watch Dogs but i never played that. it's really fun! definitely boosts the stealth play elements.
There is a level for every "talent tree", sometimes it's a requirement for some skills. You level up by doing something related, for example quickhacks level your quick hack tree, running levels athletic, melee fighting levels brawler i think and so on. It's a separate level than the related attribute stat.

MiguelItUp

Really, really, really enjoying my time in Night City. Almost 40 hours, and I THINK I'm approaching the end of the main questline. I feel like there's still so much I have to do, and things I haven't really focused on. It's pretty wild.

Playing this really made me think about how cool it'd be if we got an experience like this but Shadowrun, haha.

Komatsu

Really, really, really enjoying my time in Night City. Almost 40 hours, and I THINK I'm approaching the end of the main questline. I feel like there's still so much I have to do, and things I haven't really focused on. It's pretty wild.

No spoilers here, but I urge you to do as much as you can before you reach a certain point in Act 3. You never know, you might just unlock one of the two hidden endings..*

*Gameplay, not a story spoiler. Still, players beware, etc etc

MiguelItUp

No spoilers here, but I urge you to do as much as you can before you reach a certain point in Act 3. You never know, you might just unlock one of the two hidden endings..*

*Gameplay, not a story spoiler. Still, players beware, etc etc
I appreciate this as I felt like I was hitting a point where that may happen pretty fast. Especially cause I felt like so many quest opportunities were being thrown at me. 👀

Shouta

Thank you, please do. Right now with Crafting at 7 I only see the schematic for the Rare version. When I craft it, the schematic for Epic version doesn't show up but I don't have the perk to craft Epics yet. But on the other hand, Chaos, the Iconic pistol from Royce, which starts at Rare has it's Epic schematic available even thought I can't use it yet.

So I checked and once you have the iconic and upgrade it to the highest tier you have, it unlocks the next highest rarity. For example, I have the Overwatch sniper rifle (from Panam's questline) at Blue and the recipe to make it a Purple. Once I make it Purple, the Orange/Legendary version will unlock. You probably need the associated perks though, of course. I went full crafting so I pretty much filled out that tree, lol

Last edited:

Warablo

How do people feel about more money from data access perk? Feels weird to hack all these access points without the perk, but it also feels bad wasting two perks into money perk. Do data points respawn?

Last edited:

Loostreaks

Man that "See you in the major leagues" had me teared up. I get the feeling this won't be the last time in the game. Hell of a switch after this.
But seriously CDPR, stop showing main story spoilers in trailers

Azaroth

Looking for some opinions.

I've been looking forward to this game, but was going to put it off until I had completed Demon's Souls on PS5, which I'm close to being done with now. Frankly, after seeing the amount of general issues, apparently poor support for AMD CPUs, and just the general negativity on bugs and performance, I'm considering just waiting a couple months. Not expecting things to be perfect in two months, but probably in better shape than now.

Basic PC specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
2080 Super
16 GB RAM

So, thoughts? I'm excited to play but it wouldn't be the end of the world to wait. Just wondering if those playing on PC wish they would have held off a bit until the dust settles a bit, or are the current issues not so bad as to delay playing the game?

Komatsu

I've been looking forward to this game, but was going to put it off until I had completed Demon's Souls on PS5, which I'm close to being done with now. Frankly, after seeing the amount of general issues, apparently poor support for AMD CPUs, and just the general negativity on bugs and performance, I'm considering just waiting a couple months. Not expecting things to be perfect in two months, but probably in better shape than now.

Basic PC specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
2080 Super
16 GB RAM

So, thoughts? I'm excited to play but it wouldn't be the end of the world to wait. Just wondering if those playing on PC wish they would have held off a bit until the dust settles a bit, or are the current issues not so bad as to delay playing the game?

I have run the game on high with RT off on one of my test benches (Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1070) and it worked well, averaged 40-60FPS. With a 2080S, you will be absolutely fine.

Loostreaks

And I want that Silverhand's gun...firing with it feels so damn good. Can't believe CDPR handled guns so well on their first attempt. Poles can't melee, but they know how to shoot.
Are those reload/firing animations you get when you max your ( handguns) skill in the game? Super slick, fluid, stylish...kind of Dishonored-like ( if it was a shooter).

Basic PC specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
2080 Super
16 GB RAM

I have 3600x and 5700XT: no issues on my end, rare fps drops. Probably will also look a lot better for you with ray tracing enabled ( not sure how much it hits, probably better to only use it outside of gunfights).

I'm not sure if this is a bug or there's something else I need to do to access the ripper doc

15-12-2020-17-02-15-x4x3lv0h.png

For me, I had just dropped an npc off at that clinic for a quest when I noticed it wouldn't let me in. I ran around and did some side missions, then went back at a later date and found I could go in.

Ivory Blood

Huh, I finally learned why I didn't get Jackies funeral side mission - I sent his body to Viks clinic and it was taken by Arasaka, so no funeral and no special gun. You do get some additional and very touching content very late in the game if you go that route though. I thought maybe I missed the call from his mother or something.

zkorejo

It's a reward for a Gig called
Life's Work
, which can be found at the bottom area of the Heywood district. Not sure when it unlocks, I did it during Act 2.
Got it. Took me atleast a hundred tried due to very high level enemies but it was definitely worth it.

Best car I have played with yet. Awesome handling. Thanks.

Last edited:

MastAndo

I'm still only just meeting Panam, but she may be taking over Yennifer's spot as ultimate video game wifey. These graphics are getting a little too good and making me feel funny things.

I'm probably jinxing it, but other than my first gameplay session, my experience with the PC version has been pretty much bug-free. I'm not sure if it was the 1.0.4 patch, but I went from having to reload saves and seeing characters glitch everywhere (including myself) to pretty much smooth sailing with only some animation jank here and there.

The only "problem" is that my i7-3770K is ill-suited to handle any sort of ray-tracing, and constantly vomits on itself whenever I'm in high density areas as a result. Tinkering with the settings doesn't help much, and I'm digging the RT and don't want to disable it. It's still manageable though, and I'm not going to upgrade for one game, despite how good it might be. I usually play at higher resolutions on my 2080 Super, so CPU bottleneck hasn't typically been an issue.

Loostreaks

Whole sequence of transition from Act 1 to 2, is some of the craziest, most intense narrative and gameplay I've experienced in video game. It's like someone spliced together Tarantino with Bladerunner with Terminator.
nt his body to Viks clinic and it was taken by Arasaka, so no funeral and no special gun. You do get some additional and very touching content very late in the game if you go that route though. I thought maybe I missed the call from his mother or so
The game seems loaded with things like that, big and small. Even you say/do/or not do something, lot of times npcs respond.

Denton

It's funny, I am still just driving around NC doing gigs, which is the "open world trash", lowest of the low type of missions in the game...and they are still super enjoyable, because they always take place in super detailed locations, offer me possibility of both stealth and action and feature some very light storytelling. And man, I really love stealth and action in this game. It is one of the few immersive sims where if I fuck up, I do not reload because I enjoy the action so much. Both shooting and katanaing and kereznikoving.

Komatsu

Please tell me where that GIF is from. It is so 80s Anime that I am in love.

魔法の天使クリィミーマミ, Mahō no Tenshi Kurīmī Mami - a 1983 anime by Studio Pierrot. It's used in a million future funk videos because it was such a trippy show. :messenger_alien:

So I checked and once you have the iconic and upgrade it to the highest tier you have, it unlocks the next highest rarity. For example, I have the Overwatch sniper rifle (from Panam's questline) at Blue and the recipe to make it a Purple. Once I make it Purple, the Orange/Legendary version will unlock. You probably need the associated perks though, of course. I went full crafting so I pretty much filled out that tree, lol
Thanks. Nice to have confirmation. Did you upgrade Dying Night before you had the crating perks for higher ranks? I'm wondering if the higher tier schematics will unlock for me once I get the required perks or if I'm stuck at Rare forever since I crafted it too early. Also there's perks that increase crafted item stats, did you notice if they're retroactive?

ZehDon

Did a short mission where I had to locate some drugs that had been stolen from a ripper doc.
Found the modded solider guy in an apartment, on the brink of going cyberpsycho. I've fought a cyberpsycho or two already; they're monsters when they go off. I know what this means. He'd stolen the drugs to stop himself from going crazy, but they weren't working. I managed to talk him down from shooting me, but then he went all quiet and told me to take the drugs and leave while he sat on the couch. I picked up the drugs and left, and as I walked out the door to the apartment I hear a gun shot. I'm using Dolby Atmos on the PC, and the sounds clearly coming from behind me; I don't need to turn around to know what just happened. But, after a second, I turn around anyway. He's dead on the couch, having shot himself in the head. I kinda just stood there for a minute as the quest objective completed. "Mission accomplished, here's your money." I achieved my mission, but I failed that man. He didn't want to be a monster, and I couldn't help him. And I'm still thinking about that 12 hours later.
Its rare for a game to have content that affecting - and its just a short side mission. Incredible stuff.

Top Bottom