• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

El_Cinefilo

I can deal with the bugs etc for various reasons during development - but a couple of things that I find seriously unpleasant: a shit-ton of drinks that pretty much all do the same thing, yet fill up your inventory like crazy - and a shit-ton of shards which I constantly collect but never read.

The shards really baffle me man..why so many!??!?

I don't mind the shards because they are just there to read if you want to get more lore on the world or whatever and if not you can just ignore them.

The drinks though. In 30+ hours I don't think I've drunk one other than to get it out of my inventory. They're just clutter to me.

HotPocket69

Banned
Just heads up to everyone, I’ve got possible quest bugs that I hope fix themselves with the coming patches:

I went to City Center way earlier than I should’ve and completed everything aside from all the car purchases. Two gigs from Dino are still active even though I did complete the main objective in each. I’m not sure if they’re broken or continue on later or what, so be wary. The quests are:

An Inconvenient Killer
The Frolics Of Councilwoman Cole

MadYarpen

there - can you check it out"
I'll divide the side quests, or Gigs, into two.

2) Street Cred Dependent Gigs:

The higher your street cred, the more into the story and met with certain new characters, the more you receive these more well tailored side quests that lead you on some wild sequences in the game.

Some of the best, and exciting, missions are found in these ones.

Simply put it, you need to keep playing and raise your street cred and overtime more and more of these are unlocked.

And even though they're separate stories on their own, they actually do have a role in how your main story plays out.

Hope that helps?

It does help - but do I get those by phone, or do I have to find them?
Because I am starting to get tired by driving around from marker to marker just to find out it is another cyberpsycho to kill.

By the way, this is awesome:

Last edited:

El_Cinefilo

And? The police are basically useless in this game, go around the block and they've lost you, they don't chase

The police are terrible and need to be improved but they're generally irrelevant in Cyberpunk. You can probably play through the whole game without getting their attention without even trying to avoid them. It's not GTA 2077. It's not an important mechanic to the game like it is in GTA, where it's integrated in to the missions and is part of this open world sandbox it wants you to mess around and cause havoc in.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I can deal with the bugs etc for various reasons during development - but a couple of things that I find seriously unpleasant: a shit-ton of drinks that pretty much all do the same thing, yet fill up your inventory like crazy - and a shit-ton of shards which I constantly collect but never read.

It's just lore, world building. Skyrim has books, 2077 has shards. What's the problem, you don't have to read them and they don't take up inventory.

Life

It's just lore, world building. Skyrim has books, 2077 has shards. What's the problem, you don't have to read them and they don't take up inventory.

It just seems like a lot of effort for something maybe 5% of the players are gonna make use of? I think I would read them if they were much less common. But it's overwhelming the amount you come across in every location.

Also, is there a way to shut up Delamain and his crappy missions. Bastard keeps ringing me and I am not interested.

El_Cinefilo

It just seems like a lot of effort for something maybe 5% of the players are gonna make use of? I think I would read them if they were much less common. But it's overwhelming the amount you come across in every location.

Also, is there a way to shut up Delamain and his crappy missions. Bastard keeps ringing me and I am not interested.

I don't think so but they're all very short and surprisingly entertaining if you do one of them every now and then.

SJRB

Gold Member

Unfortunately you can't shut him up until you do all his missions.

He was driving me insane as well so I just did all his missions and got it over with. It's a nice way to see parts of the map you maybe haven't been to, and the missions themselves are easy, short and quite... existential.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Got wrapped up in the story and got ahead of myself, ran into a mission I was way under-level for and holy shit. I did manage to cheese my way through eventually but damn. No cheap fallout level scaling here.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Am I the only one that think Maiko is Jessica Biel ?? Sorry it's the only screen I have rn, I'll edit later if I have a better one:

unknown.png

Idk maybe I'm crazy

Keihart

For people who completed the game at the hardest difficulty, is there a point in the game when the difficulty finally ramps up? like arriving in a particular zone in the game or something like that.
i'm pretty early on the game although i have like 40 hours clocked in, 5 stars enemies are almost impossible to take down in groups. I went from doing 1k damage to single digits and they can get out of stealth takedowns. There is obviously some lvl scaling going on to keep some areas gated. I still was able completed some red quests going the complete stealth route tho.

zwiggelbig

fuck.. just quit playing again because I ran into a bug where the screen just keeps going up up up.. the mouse movement keeps going up but im doing nothing..

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
shit. the in game map is too red and hard to read but looking at the piggyback one is much better.

i don't think i've actually left the top end of the map yet where Watson, Kabuki, Little China, Northside, and Waterfront are.

nkarafo

I haven't played the game yet but so far i gathered that it doesn't use a huge map like a Ubisoft or Rockstar open world. Instead it uses a denser, more vertical design. That's great IMO but i haven't heard much about how many interiors you can explore. IIRC, at some point the devs mentioned you will be able to explore a lot of them. Or was it unofficial? I don't remember.

Still, how good is this game compared to other open worlds where you can only enter, like, 15 buildings with nothing to do in half of them?

Kacho

There’s a ton of buildings and apartments to enter but it’s not like you can go into every door you see. You’ll see plenty of “door cannot be opened” in this. Still, it’s way better than most open world games.

Last edited:

nkarafo

There’s a ton of buildings and apartments to enter but it’s not like you can go into every door you see. You’ll see plenty of “door cannot be opened” in this. Still, it’s way better than most open world games.
Is it close to, say, Dying Light? I don't know if you have played that game but it also has a lot of verticallity (with a smaller map) and you could enter a lot of apartments (compared to something like GTA).

It seems realistic to lock doors to prevent strangers from entering.
Yeah but it would be fun smashing doors and loot whatever you can find. Or use lock-pics/hacks.

Last edited:

I love the shards. LORE! But, yeah, I can see how they would get annoying.

Played around seven hours and just made it to the Afterlife. I'm not even doing any side-quests. The game is such a slow burn...

The two early braindance sections were lights out incredible.

Kacho

Is it close to, say, Dying Light? I don't know if you have played that game but it also has a lot of verticallity (with a smaller map) and you could enter a lot of apartments (compared to something like GTA).

Yeah but it would be fun smashing doors and loot whatever you can find. Or use lock-pics/hacks.
I have played Dying Light but I don’t remember it well enough to compare the two. There’s a lot more buildings to enter compared to GTAV though.

Yes, to the point of getting lost. While doing a side mission at the Ho-Oh club, I got completely turned around and was asking how far does this rabbit hole go?

Plenty of exploration in this game.

Took down a small section of Tyger Claws... fell in the river and then spent 10 minutes exploring the underbelly of the city.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

My dream open world game would be the sort of freedom where you can enter every door in sight. No more locked door bullshit. I want to enter every building I see.

Hugare

Nah

There are way more interiors to enter in Dying Light, second map especially

AC Unity is still unmatched in this regard, imo.

Crazy to think how many interiors there are in Dying Light, how early in the gen it was released and how great it still looks.

Please dont fuck up Dying Light 2, Techland.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
The problem with that is the content would need to be procedurally generated, so it would not be very interesting.

Agreed, but it would still add realism to the world. Particularly, in a GTA or something, it doesn’t have to be interesting content. You could rob a home, maybe run into an armed occupant, and your police stars would skyrocket.

...The things we do for fun in games, lol.

Top Bottom