• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Even if you can enter a lot of them, is there any reason to? From what I've heard (haven't played the game) there's basically nothing to do in the game outside the main and side missions, and no incentive to explore.

Krisprolls

Banned
I am happy I am in no hurry to play this.
I can wait till I get my PS5, which will take a while.

I am sure this will be a great game after a few patches.

It's already a great game but yes it should improve a lot in the months to come.

There are tons of flaws in the open world itself, but nothing that's unfixable in patches. The base game is great, quests, characters and story are top notch.

Playing on PS5, it runs and looks fine since 1.04 but I still can't wait for the full next gen version for a second playthrough.

luffie

Just completed Pyramid Song, damn shit is so good, makes me wish I'm playing as female V.

CDPR makes really gripping questline. Their side quests are other game's main quests.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Bkdk

Recommend downloading a trainer for its unlimited double jump option, then turn on unlimited health as well as it messes up the drop damage calculation, really enhances the city exploration.

norm9

Man, 20 hrs put into it and I'm still only level 12. I end up just running around on foot, doing the odd good dead or side quest. I think I've only done a couple of main missions since the opening act ended. I'm a little scared the game will end if I dive into the story.
I mostly on foot, but that's because the base xbox chugs when I drive too fast so it's easier to avoid crashes and major hitches if I just walk everywhere.

Hello everyone!

So I'm 82 hours in on PC and I love it so far. If you have at least an ounce of imagination, the roleplaying possibilities in this game are amazing.

Out of curiosity I decided to boot Xbox One X and try the game there and OH MY GOD. What an absolute mess. CD Project Red, I love you but fuck you. Shame!

JRW

Loving the game (40 hrs so far) but It's unreal how busted the police AI is, you can lose chase by just running away from the area on foot for a few seconds.

HotPocket69

Banned
Loving the game (40 hrs so far) but It's unreal how busted the police AI is, you can lose chase by just running away from the area on foot for a few seconds.

I dont know about you, but I don’t need police on my ass while I’m immersed in this world. I’m glad they don’t interfere with much, they’re easy to run from and that their AI sucks.

HotPocket69

Banned
So I finished a second boxing match in Santa Domingo against this war vet living under a bridge at some homeless camp. My Body level was high enough where I was able to comment on his sniper rifle and how I knew the manufacturer hadn’t made many of them. So then I asked if we could throw the gun in on top of the 12k eddie bet.

Beat his ass and then him and his friends got super pissed and came after me. I gunned them all down. Took the rifle afterwards 🙂

Game fucking rules.

Last edited:

Woggleman

So I finished a second boxing match in Santa Domingo against this war vet living under a bridge at some homeless camp. My Body level was high enough where I was able to comment on his sniper rifle and how I knew the manufacturer hadn’t made many of them. So then I asked if we could throw the gun in on top of the 12k eddie bet.

Beat his ass and then him and his friends got super pissed and came after me. I gunned them all down. Took the rifle afterwards 🙂

Game fucking rules.
I would feel like a piece of crap after that.

No longer feel sympathy for console gamers. Been spending time watching my brother play on Xbox One X... the game looks great, yes PC looks better but holy shit, what else on a One X is doing this much at once and still looking this good? You guys are lucky these Jaguar CPUs don't explode.

HotPocket69

Banned
I would feel like a piece of crap after that.

Why? I won the fight fair and square. Him and his homies didn’t need to come at me afterwards 🤷🏻‍♂️

dA9f3vL.png

Loostreaks

Lol I ran into them fighting with gangs couple of times. After they were done, they'd just stroll to their cars and sit indefinitely, like they decided to just chill and relax a bit.
I don't really care about npc daily routines, but they really need to make some big improvements with AI:
- completely overhaul police AI ( I think Mafia games do pretty good job at this...really enjoyed getting into crime mayhem, minus too small initial aggro radius)
- big improvement when it comes to stealth. In combat they are actually pretty decent ( cover, flank, use cover fire, move around), but skulduggery is a whole different story ( Bethesda tier). Also shutting down/taking control of cameras needs to be on a counter ( or it's just too easy).
- civilians need to respond more to player's actions. Fix lack of facial animations/lip sync for some. Add some randomization to how they respond to crime and drawing a weapon ( fight back, paralyzed, run away, threaten, etc). Add extra lines, with variation depending on player's street cred ( so it actually feels you're gaining notoriety/respect). Call police when they witness a crime ( run away in panic, then pull up a phone). Respond to cars being stolen. Maybe add some more variation to their activities.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRW
Did a very minor sidequest (10 min max) in a church. It had a receptionist with small dialogue tree, a full wake with a priest in tow giving a sermon, npc galore, a morgue below the church and a garage. Oh and they sprinkle in a confessions terminal and codex entries on a cult. After finishing the short quest you will never need to visit the place again. Insane detail.

Woggleman

Is the fact that I playing off of an SSD the reason why the game seems to run well on both X Box one X and PS4 Pro for me. I have an SSD installed in my pro and am using an external on on the X and I have experienced very little bugs. Maybe that helps .

MiguelItUp

I personally feel like there's a decent amount of interiors to explore. When there's a locked door it doesn't feel unfair or out of place, if that means anything.

Cyberpunkd

I only recently started playing the game on Series X - it’s pretty fun! I need to put way more time to make a definite opinion, Witcher 3 was one of my favourite games in the last 20 years (together with Planescape and Morrowind).

I can see how people playing on last-gen console would be pretty furious given the performance - the whole point of buying a console is ‘it just works’.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I haven't played the game yet but so far i gathered that it doesn't use a huge map like a Ubisoft or Rockstar open world.
It does. The map is larger than GTA5's and the city proper about 4 times the size of Los Santos.

It's not quite as large as all the areas of Witcher 3 combined (like Skellige, Velen, White Orchard, etc), and you can zip around it a lot faster because you have a car, but it's BIG.

Instead it uses a denser, more vertical design. That's great IMO but i haven't heard much about how many interiors you can explore. IIRC, at some point the devs mentioned you will be able to explore a lot of them. Or was it unofficial? I don't remember.
A lot more of them than GTA. In GTA most missions and quests are driving based, except for certain setpieces, but in CP2077, a lot of them are interiors. There's also dozens of like, random ripper docs and clothing stores and gun shops all over, like you would probably expect. You can go inside bars and clubs most of the time too.

It's not like Shenmue or RDR2 where you can just go into every convenience store and awkwardly inspect every bag of potato chips for no reason, though.

Still, how good is this game compared to other open worlds where you can only enter, like, 15 buildings with nothing to do in half of them?
Better than that. Obviously much of the game is set-dressing, but there must be hundreds of interiors throughout the whole game.

The size and detail of the world is genuinely unprecedented. I've never seen anything like it.

Can you explore the mega buildings properly? Or is it very limited? Haven’t had time to do it as yet, if possible.
No, elevators will usually limit you to the relevant floors.

Last edited:
Just beat the game, disappointing ending. Also went to test the police AI for the first time and holy shit it fails badly. I massacred a few cops and a few civilians and they forget about me once I leave the block. I've been doing some reading about the game and concluded that they should have focused on one lifepath instead of making 3 half-baked ones. My final rating for the game is a solid 6. It would be a 7 if it was bug free. I'm going to probably plat this game.

Loostreaks

Any way to disable, specific, icons on world map?
The game works best when you're randomly discovering things on your own and fixers notify you of a job in your vicinity. From what I've seen, NCPD jobs are kind of pointless in comparison.

Fess

Looking for some opinions.

I've been looking forward to this game, but was going to put it off until I had completed Demon's Souls on PS5, which I'm close to being done with now. Frankly, after seeing the amount of general issues, apparently poor support for AMD CPUs, and just the general negativity on bugs and performance, I'm considering just waiting a couple months. Not expecting things to be perfect in two months, but probably in better shape than now.

Basic PC specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
2080 Super
16 GB RAM

So, thoughts? I'm excited to play but it wouldn't be the end of the world to wait. Just wondering if those playing on PC wish they would have held off a bit until the dust settles a bit, or are the current issues not so bad as to delay playing the game?
Don’t worry it’ll run fine on your rig 👌
I’m playing on a 3800x CPU and 1080ti GPU and I can set it to preset ultra with RT off without any bigger performance issues, it looks absolutely fantastic. No holding off here, I dropped AC Valhalla instead and for me Cyberpunk is currently going for the GOTY.

PoundSand

Banned
I just wanted to say: This is one of the easiest Game of the Year-choices ever. Im 28 hours into the game and there wasn't a single second of filler-content, it was pure fun all the way. The writing and (German) voice acting is so good, probably the best in any video game. People behave like real people. And I can't wait to replay the game. First run as a street kid. I'm still unsure if I want to go for a tech-nomad completionist run next or a corpo-asian ninja bitch run focusing on blades. As I play the game, I keep thinking "this should be made into a movie", but then I realize: No, this already is BETTER than a movie, because it has movie-like presentation and writing, but with the added benefit of a video game's immersion.

Honestly, I feel sad for the people shitting on this game, be it because they can't play it on PC or because they're pushing some petty agenda. Cyberpunk 2077 is the most important video game since Breath of the Wild. And I'm shivering at the thought of meaty DLC, similar to what Witcher 3 received. Can you imagine a DLC story that introduces flying cars, jetpaks and such? Omg ...

Anyway, gotta return to the game. Cyberpunk 2077 succesfully created an alternate reality that is so realistic and captivating that I hardly ever use fast travel. So good.

JRW

I dont know about you, but I don’t need police on my ass while I’m immersed in this world. I’m glad they don’t interfere with much, they’re easy to run from and that their AI sucks.

That's true but its obviously not intended behavior (I dont think) also the way police sometimes spawn out of thin air in front of you is wonky, especially when you're in a building and they immediately spawn & start firing at you a few seconds after doing something illegal.

I don't normally go around causing mayhem but I was having some fun messing with my new Gorilla arm cyberware last night which is when the police AI issues really became obvious lol.

Fess

Hot take but the more I play this game the more it is fighting TLOU2 as my game of the year.
Imagine what it’s like for me who haven’t even played TLOU2. I still think Ori and the Will of the Wisps is better as a complete experience though, but I’m still early on in CP2077 so it’s most definitely plowing through my lists for GOTY and more unless it completely drops the ball later on.
I still think RDR2 is better, and BOTW, but while some things are super disappointing (one single body type per gender) the good things are blowing my mind.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Did a very minor sidequest (10 min max) in a church. It had a receptionist with small dialogue tree, a full wake with a priest in tow giving a sermon, npc galore, a morgue below the church and a garage. Oh and they sprinkle in a confessions terminal and codex entries on a cult. After finishing the short quest you will never need to visit the place again. Insane detail.
It's what makes a virtual world look convincing. I guess it also makes it time consuming and expensive to build as well.

scalman

police is fine. why they should chase you around city rly ? maybe we used to other games that doesnt mean that should be that way. i hate GTA police , so this police is fine. in this game outside city i shoot the police. why we cant adapt to knew things that some games offer , and why other kind must be bad, i dont mind strange controls button mapping not like in other games or driving physics its all just fine for me i adapt i learn and now its like should be this way .
PWFTAJP.png

volumetric clouds outside city. i played with low volumetric clouds as i thought there will be more clouds and less , but in this same scene i changed clouds from low to max and nothing in the sky changed and i played like this for some time , nothing changed and fps didint dropped. so then whats changing with volumetric cloud settings ?
kAbmVnX.png

and im loving widow maker gun that in hands, its just blasts through everything and in far distance as well, not like normal shotguns.

Bl8uY51.jpg

OQPgw67.png

Last edited:

Fess

Honestly, I feel sad for the people shitting on this game, be it because they can't play it on PC or because they're pushing some petty agenda. Cyberpunk 2077 is the most important video game since Breath of the Wild. And I'm shivering at the thought of meaty DLC, similar to what Witcher 3 received. Can you imagine a DLC story that introduces flying cars, jetpaks and such? Omg ...
Yes, this so much! This game is all I think about right now, every other game got put on hold, might not have hit all the marks but it’s an insane game in so many ways, I hope the devs can filter through the shitty takes and see that some of us are genuinely enjoying their creation.

Last edited:

Woggleman

What is it with these European companies and smoking? People in this game smoke like a chimney and they also do in Rockstar games.

Technical question: Given enough dev money to burn, would it be possible to make every single building accessible to the player? Or is there a hard technical limitation, like not enough RAM or something?

Mozzarella

What is it with these European companies and smoking? People in this game smoke like a chimney and they also do in Rockstar games.
I noticed that too, i think smoking gives this 40's-70's era on Cinema, it was the cool thing to do, an actor will always have a cigarette with them. I dont know why exactly, but i see it a lot in older films, probably adds some kind of certain vibe, if anybody has info on this, please provide.

MetalRain

I'd say most buildings are inaccesible, there some buildings you can enter and then fool around roofs and stairs of other. Then there all smaller establishments like copy-paste kiosks and food stalls.

Good thing is that world doesn't feel quite like your average Sleeping Dogs or Just Cause, it has architecture and it feels like there is reason for it to have more complicated road network etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom