• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Man Digital Foundry came as close as I've ever seen them to excoriating the base console versions. They usually stick to facts and avoid politics and hyperbole (which is why I like them) but this write up is pretty brutal though well-deserved.

Here

Sounds like it's going to be a gargantuan effort to essentially try to double the frame rate on these old systems.

While I'm happy for the players they'll be attempting it, the selfish side of me would much rather have them focus on improving the base game on PC and add new things rather than focus ludicrous amounts of manpower on a version that from all accounts should never have been released or even passed certification by Sony and Microsoft.

Maybe I'll finally get a haircut in 2022.

Mozzarella

Anybody found different boss battles so far? (please no spoilers).
I'm in Act 2.
I have fought some Cyber(something) bosses but they are all easy and have 1 type of attack. Then i found a man using a robot and he was tough as hell, used a smart weapon to beat him and it gave me a whole level just for this enemy, I think this is also a boss fight cause it had the HP meter in the screen above.
So it was a Robot and these Cyber(something) enemies. So far its lackluster compared to Witcher bosses. DLCs Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine had some fantastic boss fights. I hope i find more of these here. I do understand the setting limitations though, Fantasy will always provide better boss fights.
Gunplay is great, like imo its the best gunplay in any first person RPG ever. Combat wise the game is good, just needs more boss fights (based on what i have seen).
Gameplay, Main Quests, Side Quests, Art Direction, Soundtrack, Animations, Voice acting are all good or above good xD.
Open world Interactivity, NPC A.I, Customization (Clothing especially, fuck that!), Driving, Performance? (on mediocre pc or last gen) and glitches and bugs are the bad aspects of the game.

Im still playing though could change my view, 40 hours so far.

By the way those fist fights quests are pure bullshit.

Last edited:
Man Digital Foundry came as close as I've ever seen them to excoriating the base console versions. They usually stick to facts and avoid politics and hyperbole (which is why I like them) but this write up is pretty brutal though well-deserved.

Here

Sounds like it's going to be a gargantuan effort to essentially try to double the frame rate on these old systems.

While I'm happy for the players they'll be attempting it, the selfish side of me would much rather have them focus on improving the base game on PC and add new things rather than focus ludicrous amounts of manpower on a version that from all accounts should never have been released or even passed certification by Sony and Microsoft.

Maybe I'll finally get a haircut in 2022.

They think it's CPU-based but can't explain Pro outdoing the X, interesting. There has to be something more to it, I guess.

H4ze

I just dropped here to say, I finished the game yesterday, 25 hours on the save clock and I absolutely loved every single minute of it.
What a game.
I did not expect to be blasted like that ever again, absolutely remarkable from start to finish.

But I have to say, I played it on PC and all my experience with CP2077 is coming from that platform, can't speak for others.
Finished it completely on V1.03 since I could never get GOG to update my game after that patch, but I had no game breaking bugs during play,
only hat to reload like 3-4 times because of little bugs/glitches that killed me or stopped me from progressing, I can live with that.

Collin

Banned
there’s certainly more than average for an open world game, i’ve stumbled upon tons of random bars and restaurants i could enter. but still plenty that you can’t

Starfield

Anyone actually seen EXOTICS in the game already? CDPR said they'd be a few in it (or is that another lie?

Exotics are basically Cyberfurries, or how you'd expect Furries to look like in the Year of 2077

FrankMStone

Neo Member
I love the shards. LORE! But, yeah, I can see how they would get annoying.

Played around seven hours and just made it to the Afterlife. I'm not even doing any side-quests. The game is such a slow burn...

The two early braindance sections were lights out incredible.

I think the shards are nice for people that like reading about lore, what is wrong though is to clump them together with Quest Items. I mean, I spent half the game with 10k inside a shard, not having a clue where to find it in the inventory to get the money out. Also, in QOL improvement, who the hell thought it would be a good idea for you to have to click and hold to upgrade components INDIVIDUALLY. I mean... come on, at one point I actually started watching a tv show and just kept clicking the dualshock throughout. And for what? It takes forever and still has to be done several times through several tiers to finally get it purple or golden. (And to make matters worse? you need hundreds of them) In the end I just gave up and started buying them because crafting was too tedious.

Mozzarella

police is fine. why they should chase you around city rly ? maybe we used to other games that doesnt mean that should be that way. i hate GTA police , so this police is fine

It can break immersion due to being stupid and unrealistic, but hear me out. I agree with what you said. Police in GTA is annoying, and also in RDR2, if you knock a citizen by mistake or drive your car into them by mistake they will be over your ass all the time and it can be annoying, I lost count how many times i had to run around for minutes just because i made a small mistake and Police started chasing me, now i have to run around the map for like 5 minutes just to skip through this bullshit and continue playing the game. So yeah its realistic and immersive to have Police with good A.I that chases you around and circles you around to shoot you from other direction..etc but if you are not looking for a fight with the cops, it can be annoying to have them on your ass during important parts of the game, this goes to both Rockstar games (RDR2 and GTA5)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Anyone actually seen EXOTICS in the game already? CDPR said they'd be a few in it (or is that another lie?

Exotics are basically Cyberfurries, or how you'd expect Furries to look like in the Year of 2077
Yeah there was some video on Gaf with some special Pistol with hologaphic projection on it. But I don't know what the name is for that or how to find it.

DeaDPo0L84

I have tried all the different tactics to improve performance in the densely populated areas in the city and it is always shit. Goes from around 70 down to mid 40's within seconds.

Mozzarella

Just keep parrying? Is it the timing that's so tough?
Im playing on Hard, tried to parry but surprisingly i lose like 100 HP for doing that, if i take a direct hit i lose 200 or 250 HP, and when i hit them they take 1% of their HP. So you have to dodge their bullshit attacks (bullshit hitbox) and also avoid getting hit by a combo (which will 100-0 you) to win. Its tiresome to dodge all the time for 10 minutes and repeating the same moves. Its boring and more of a grind that an actual fist fight. Witcher 3 had way better fist fights.
The good thing is there is a cheese to allow you to use melee weapons in the fight, so the quests can be completed without changing difficulty.

Mozzarella

I have tried all the different tactics to improve performance in the densely populated areas in the city and it is always shit. Goes from around 70 down to mid 40's within seconds.
There is an option in the settings to make population density lower, have you tried that?
I'm playing full population density because it makes the city look more alive, with the ultra setting but that is demanding and you need DLSS and 3000 series GPU to do that without problems. I suggest lower it if you didnt.

Loostreaks

I just dropped here to say, I finished the game yesterday, 25 hours on the save clock and I absolutely loved every single minute of it.
What a game.
I did not expect to be blasted like that ever again, absolutely remarkable from start to finish.

But I have to say, I played it on PC and all my experience with CP2077 is coming from that platform, can't speak for others.
Finished it completely on V1.03 since I could never get GOG to update my game after that patch, but I had no game breaking bugs during play,
only hat to reload like 3-4 times because of little bugs/glitches that killed me or stopped me from progressing, I can live with that.
How on earth you could finish it that fast? I'm 30 hours in, early Act 2 ( just after meeting Takemura), besides that finished a few fixer gigs and some NCPD tasks.

Here

This guy, Adam Kicinski, needs to go in early retirement... just before release: "The game is running suprisingly well on old consoles and bugs are hard to find".
Imo, one of the biggest problem in gaming industry is lack of accountability for people like him.

Last edited:
Haha....why are so many people interested in this one aspect of the game? No...there are quite a few places you can enter but nothing that really makes it stand out from titles I've played in the past. thinking about it now, I think there were more buildings that were accessible in TES Oblivion and Skyrim. On a smaller scale, Almost all the doors in PREY were accessible.

EDIT: I should add that this "limitation" doesn't really detract from the gameplay...it's still fun (If you can see past a bug or two)

Last edited:
So far from my experience the actual world is pretty barren with a few exceptions. I would say exploring interiors is limited to a few areas and that’s it, not as extensive as people think.

In terms of openness it’s significantly less than GTA, and not even close.

MetalRain

I noticed that too, i think smoking gives this 40's-70's era on Cinema, it was the cool thing to do, an actor will always have a cigarette with them. I dont know why exactly, but i see it a lot in older films, probably adds some kind of certain vibe, if anybody has info on this, please provide.
Smoking has been in rapid decline since 2000 (and they probably should know better at 2077).

Anyway smoking in this game is mostly about being cool or nervous and Cyberpunk 2077 is all about that. Idea that I'm invincible, young and cool as fuck.

It might seem unreasonable for lot of people nowadays, but smoking was quite common and still is in many parts of the world. World has changed for the better.

Last edited:

H4ze

How on earth you could finish it that fast? I'm 30 hours in, early Act 2 ( just after meeting Takemura), besides that finished a few fixer gigs and some NCPD tasks.

Dont know man, I played the story, did some sidequests and stuff and thats it :D
And I even played on hard lol

But I guess my smart-gun stealth / mantis blade build was pretty strong ^^

Keihart

Technical question: Given enough dev money to burn, would it be possible to make every single building accessible to the player? Or is there a hard technical limitation, like not enough RAM or something?
Unless it's all glass houses or full of windows i don't thinks so, most of what it's posible now in open world games it's thanks to streaming.

I mean, the number of buildings and density of the city is far and beyond the small villages in the elder scrolls games. Also, PREY?
I understand where you're coming from. I'm simply highlighting whether this makes a difference to the overall experience. In an open world like TES? Not so much. Interconnected location like PREY, very much.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
ITS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

I FINALLY got an RTX card at MSRP!! I've been trying since they released! And - holy shit - it's set to arrive by Christmas Eve. I was waiting until it shipped assuming I'd get a "delayed until January 21st" email or something due to shortages, COVID yada yada yada. Thought it must be a mistake.

I am immediately halting my play through of Cyberpunk and getting to building. I've had every other component and my case just sitting in boxes since September.

Fuckin' a.

SamFo

You're insane or you haven't played Cyberpunk if you think it's the same as Far Cry
I’m playing it and I’m enjoying it! But I think there’s a fair bit in common with far cry. I keep hearing about the awesome side jobs. But most of them so far just feel like filler?
Do you have any recommendations for places to go to get the good ones?

DeaDPo0L84

There is an option in the settings to make population density lower, have you tried that?
I'm playing full population density because it makes the city look more alive, with the ultra setting but that is demanding and you need DLSS and 3000 series GPU to do that without problems. I suggest lower it if you didnt.

I have a 3090 and a i79700k, I have it set to medium but it still drops.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Did a side quest on GeForce Now free tier. I'm in US NW region, and typically have about 4min wait time to get a rig. They have DLSS available for free tier, but RT is for the paying members. I have it set to 1080p/60fps/50Mbps. 1080p in-game with DLSS 'Balanced'. Steam FPS readout(server-side) shows 60fps+ from what I saw. Controller input latency was great and the only issue I had was occasional, minor audio crackle. As for the game, the only bug was when I tried non-lethal on the girl and went to move the body, I dropped her into the wall, she exploded into ludicrous gibs, and shot 15ft away. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

scalman

and police is problem when you have to deal with them like you do all kind of shit in city you shoot too much around and such, i never do that kind of thing so i dont see how stupid police are really, i never messed up in city so police would need to chase me , so then again you do all kind of stuff that is no point to do then you see maybe some things that dont work well in game, i just play it like i want to , i didint saw any problems same with NPC i believe that they stupid too , but that didint ment much to me. NPC's just there they just walk around run around. so let them be . i dont care for them. like i dont know their lives, maybe NPC have more jobs or more to do in watch dogs im sure or other open world games, but so what. at least for now they dont brake my game experience.
those like bosses or how they call them not hard as most enemies in game anyway
E9VSPP8.png

o guess there could be more diff fights but i just count those as simple short fights nothing special. i dont need boss fights in this game anyway, or any other game. and devs said about choices in dialogs , said npc can hunt you too, said police can be corrupted ...lalala they said many things i never red anything thye said really but they said too much maybe and didint delivered. but as i never red that i dont care. its fine game enough i guess, it could be better sure as all other games could be

Mozzarella

I have a 3090 and a i79700k, I have it set to medium but it still drops.
Tried updating drivers?
Also go to Nvidia settings, there is Manage 3D settings.
Go Power management mode and set ---> prefer maximum performance.
Texture filtering also put on ---> high performance.

Also check bottleneck of your PC.

You have strong specs, so maybe there is another issue, i think with your specs, game should run smooth. I have 3070 and 10600k.

Smoking has been in rapid decline since 2000 (and they probably should know better at 2077).

Anyway smoking in this game is mostly about being cool or nervous and Cyberpunk 2077 is all about that. Idea that I'm invincible, young and cool as fuck.

It might seem unreasonable for lot of people nowadays, but smoking was quite common and still is in many parts of the world. World has changed for the better.

This future takes place after an alternate version of history, not our timeline. Keep in mind it's in 2077 and features characters that are 150 years old and shit. The first tabletop Cyberpunk was Cyberpunk 2013.

This is one of the best OT's I've ever seen, and I've only been a member for 30 minutes!

Anyway, played it on my PC recently. This game looks well, preforms well and is enjoyable. I'm in the middle of the main campaign, just taking my time to do it, and taking in the great things that came out in the PC version.

ChrisV

Anyone know if the Kerenzikov slo-mo ability from the 2018 gameplay demo is still in the game?

cWzIZXa.jpg

I just bought the Kerenzikov cyberware upgrade but it's just a 50% slowdown for 1,5 second when I aim while dodging. Nothing like what they showed in the demo. I also seem to think it was an inhaler that gave the ability.
I actually just found it! I think this might be what you’re talking about?

Why does the ps5 hdr footage look so good? It looks like shit for me.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Did a side quest on GeForce Now free tier. I'm in US NW region, and typically have about 4min wait time to get a rig. They have DLSS available for free tier, but RT is for the paying members. I have it set to 1080p/60fps/50Mbps. 1080p in-game with DLSS 'Balanced'. Steam FPS readout(server-side) shows 60fps+ from what I saw. Controller input latency was great and the only issue I had was occasional, minor audio crackle. As for the game, the only bug was when I tried non-lethal on the girl and went to move the body, I dropped her into the wall, she exploded into ludicrous gibs, and shot 15ft away. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Do you have to make sure to save before each hour is up, or does the service handle it for you?

John2290

I fucking love it but I think i'm going to drop it and return net year. I can take cars flying across the map for no reason, the texture pop in, the frame pacing, NPC's walking on air, falling through the world and auto loading into and endless fall, missing QoL stuff, really simple standards not being met etc, I can even take having to reload saves a few minutes cause something glitched out like being inside Panam (but not in the way I wanted) while driving but I can take the controls sometimes just not working. It's multiple times an hour sometimes nor can't I take over lapping dialogue. I just had Deliman call me while I was already on the phone to the badlands fixer who force called me as well while I was talking to Panam and this has happened a few times now, usually only two overlaps but loosing controls, not being able to choose dialogue randomly, not being able to zoom etc, that's unforgivable it a game like this. 30 hours though and I still haven't gotten that far so I still get a LOT of fresh content when they finish this next year. Pity though, I'm loving some parts of it so bloody much.

Might as well give BoTW my forth try and hopefully figure out what all the fuss is about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom