• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
New PC with an RTX 3080 arrived and man, playing this maxed out at 1440p with RTX on full blast is just awesome. The ray tracing is subtle, but I think it adds a lot to the sense of place and anchors things to their environments better. Incredible looking game.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
New PC with an RTX 3080 arrived and man, playing this maxed out at 1440p with RTX on full blast is just awesome. The ray tracing is subtle, but I think it adds a lot to the sense of place and anchors things to their environments better. Incredible looking game.
Part of what makes this game such an RTX showcase is those physically based materials. All the materials in this game are so damn good.

The amount of art in this game almost feels opulent or wasteful like I hope they do a lot of DLC and milk this thing to justify the amount of labor that went into it.

scalman

I dont think Judy has as good as Panam
MmBxmCp.jpg

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. I still haven't gone to the funeral yet.
I didn’t have a funeral for him but either way you get the bike once you get the keys. Corpos stole his corpse during my play through. I’m sure you’ll get the keys at the funeral

zkorejo

You just summon it once you get it like you summon any car
I got it. It looks great but handles like shit when you make a turn.

You get it at "
Jackie's funeral, you have to take Misty with you and tell his mom that she mattered to him. Stand up for her basically.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member

You get it at "
Jackie's funeral, you have to take Misty with you and tell his mom that she mattered to him. Stand up for her basically.
Using the handbrake helps

you can drift it and it’s really hard to fall of it

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
There is a handbrake? I've been playing it for 30 hours.. How can I never know about it? What button do I need to press on controller?

No wonder I feel the brakes are iffy
It’s A on Xbox I believe

Last edited by a moderator:

JayK47

Finally had a noteworthy bug today. I had a boss fight and my health dropped to 0, but I did not die. That lasted for a little while until I started a new mission. Without the bug, that fight would have been a bitch. I am a little grateful for it.

Zenaku

So bummed she rejected me. Way more my type than Judy.
She rejected you? Must've been a more colossal ass than hers.

Finally had a noteworthy bug today. I had a boss fight and my health dropped to 0, but I did not die. That lasted for a little while until I started a new mission. Without the bug, that fight would have been a bitch. I am a little grateful for it.
Had the same bug once, also before a boss, but taking enough damage killed me. Had to finish the boss the normal way.

Last edited:

Warablo

How's your guys money looking like? Thinking about getting data point money perk because their are so many, but I also don't want to waste perk points on non gameplay like perks.

Zenaku

I'm playing a female V and I think Panam doesn't swing that way. It lets you float the idea anyway and then feel awkward when she shoots you down.
Yeah, went with male the first time and was interested in Judy but got shot down all the same. Luckily I ended up liking Panam, but I'll be going for Judy on my new female playthrough.

How’d you get them for free? Quest?
You can find a legendary version in a chest near a cyber psycho, obtainable as soon as you can get to that area. Don't have the game on hand, but I think it's north-west of Arasaka tower and inside a building.

Superkewl

How's your guys money looking like? Thinking about getting data point money perk because their are so many, but I also don't want to waste perk points on non gameplay like perks.

keep in mind, they are probably the best source of legendary crafting materials. I am playing a high intelligence netrunner, so I spec in to all the the access point perks. I still havent gotten out of watson, so dont know if the amount go up when you get to the harder areas, but I get about 1700-2000 from each access point if I can get all 3 daemons green and a bunch of cafting materials and quickhacks.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Male V is a bit of a douche, isn't he? I can't count the amount of times I was thinking a line would be delivered sympathetically, and it just comes across as angsty or indifferent, almost sarcastically so. I'm also counting on him to get things going with Panam, but same deal - his delivery is all flat and uninteresting. If he ruins this for me, I will delete him.

Male V is a bit of a douche, isn't he? I can't count the amount of times I was thinking a line would be delivered sympathetically, and it just comes across as angsty or indifferent, almost sarcastically so. I'm also counting on him to get things going with Panam, but same deal - his delivery is all flat and uninteresting. If he ruins this for me, I will delete him.

V is a whedon quipfag. Terrible character.

2AdEPT

You get it at "
HUh? I sent jackie to Viktor, called his MOM as part of the Heros quest and got the keys in a box delivered to my door. No funeral no BS right after act one!

Last edited:
Is the violence side quest bugged? Can’t get past the bouncer.

A number of side quests are bugged.

Try reloading, and if it doesn't work, you'll have to reload from a further back save.

Just experienced this quest breaking bugs moments last night for "Atomic Love" and "Walk the Line."

Probably the first night of playing where I felt the brunt of the bugs and literally felt like this game is unplayable.

Then I did the Panam, and Judy, side missions and all is forgiven with how amazing those two stories ended.

I dont think Judy has as good as Panam
MmBxmCp.jpg

Not gonna lie, CDPR got me goooooood with Panam and her characters personality and writing.

I am in fucking love with her.

Probably the first time in decades where I had that sense of "wow, I really wish I was living that kind of life with that kind of woman" while playing a video game, or even watching a movie.

They REALLY got her down to the T in order to have her sink her claws into players and really make you feel that sense of joy and happiness of seeing this hard ass bitch show her soft side over time.

The VA is a bad fit for the role, imo. His voice, diction and delivery are way too corny for his street veteran, gun-for-hire background.

The VA is a bad fit for the role, imo. His voice, diction and delivery are way too corny for his street veteran, gun-for-hire background.

What.

He sounds like Geralt, or as Gruffy as Jason Statham.

I personally like his voice, but I do realize certain tones for two lines of dialogue in the same scene can be wildly different from one another. You could sound really empathetic in one line, then sound really hotheaded with the next line of dialogue option.

One thing I appreciate is that CDPR actually recorded differing lines for whether you're doing a mission with stealth, or going in guns blazing.

That was a nice touch.

DeaDPo0L84

I have so many thoughts about this game. I love CRPR as a developer cause they delivered my favorite game of all time in the Witcher 3, but their is criticism they deserve.

I feel like so much of the backlash could've been avoided by canceling the last gen console versions. But they would've had to have done that a year in advance so people could've been over it by time it launched.

Then worse case scenario is it releases on PS5/XSX/PC, people then understand why it was canceled on last gen and then they simply get compared to Bethesda due to the bugs. It's even a bit annoying that development time is now gonna be spent polishing a turd that is the last gen versions knowing full well it's never gonna be close to their original vision.

I know CDPR will course correct, I played Witcher 3 on a launch PS4, PS4 Pro, X1X, then PC and beat it on each platform. It wasn't perfect at launch but they were quick to fix any issues.

CP2077 without hyperbole for me personally is a 10/10 game at times. I love the city, the characters, the missions, the story, etc. But then these nagging issues or bugs will occur and for a moment I want to just stop playing. But then I reload a save, play for a bit and I'm immediately right back into it.

Let's see what they can fix in January, this game is magical and I hope for nothing but the best moving forward for all those who worked on it.

Last edited:
What.

He sounds like Geralt, or as Gruffy as Jason Statham.

I personally like his voice, but I do realize certain tones for two lines of dialogue in the same scene can be wildly different from one another. You could sound really empathetic in one line, then sound really hotheaded with the next line of dialogue option.

One thing I appreciate is that CDPR actually recorded differing lines for whether you're doing a mission with stealth, or going in guns blazing.

That was a nice touch.

He doesn't sounds like Geralt to me. Too young.

I just don't think he makes a believable tough guy. Just a minor gripe though. No big deal.

KO7

Anybody else playing with a buck naked character (except sunglasses and shoes)? I’m giggling like a kid when entering photo mode in various situations and locales. Still chuckling occasionally seeing my character naked on the motorbike as well.

I love the city, the characters, the missions, the story, etc. But then these nagging issues or bugs will occur and for a moment I want to just stop playing. But then I reload a save, play for a bit and I'm immediately right back into it.

Exactly.

What they built was beautiful, but man, I think they overstretched trying to create all that wonderful story and gameplay into an open world ala' GTA.

They just don't have the experience with dealing with NPC driving AI, Police AI, large city crowds AI and it shows.

I think they spent a large amount of time on the art and detail of the open world aspect, but that definitely took away time and resources on the AI, and the little mini-games that people just generally expect from an open world game, let alone an RPG one at that.

But what they did spend their time on, oof, so good. Sofa king good. Which is why i've been focusing more on the more story centric side missions and less of the filler missions.

My hope is that they just add in more into the game over the years. As bad as that sounds like too much like a GAAS game, I just want to see if they could expand on it more before they move onto a sequel.

Seems like with high spec PC's not running this as well we want it to, they're better off building on top of the game rather than working on a sequel for the next couple of years.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Exactly.

What they built was beautiful, but man, I think they overstretched trying to create all that wonderful story and gameplay into an open world ala' GTA.

They just don't have the experience with dealing with NPC driving AI, Police AI, large city crowds AI and it shows.

I think they spent a large amount of time on the art and detail of the open world aspect, but that definitely took away time and resources on the AI, and the little mini-games that people just generally expect from an open world game, let alone an RPG one at that.

But what they did spend their time on, oof, so good. Sofa king good. Which is why i've been focusing more on the more story centric side missions and less of the filler missions.

My hope is that they just add in more into the game over the years. As bad as that sounds like too much like a GAAS game, I just want to see if they could expand on it more before they move onto a sequel.

Seems like with high spec PC's not running this as well we want it to, they're better off building on top of the game rather than working on a sequel for the next couple of years.
I believe they said the next full title is going to be another Witcher game (while they have teams working on Cyberpunks multiplayer, etc) Obviously that could be 7 years from now, but I believe that’s the case.

Makariel

Anybody else playing with a buck naked character (except sunglasses and shoes)? I’m giggling like a kid when entering photo mode in various situations and locales. Still chuckling occasionally seeing my character naked on the motorbike as well.
I hope you're also using the giant dildo close combat weapon?

Top Bottom