• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

The feature I'd like to see the most is vehicle customization. There are multiple version of this specific car already in the game. Interiors and exteriors. It can't be that hard to add car workshop on the map where I can go and use a simple menu to pimp my ride.

7vs4VVL.jpg

Loostreaks

He doesn't sounds like Geralt to me. Too young.

I just don't think he makes a believable tough guy. Just a minor gripe though. No big deal.
He grows on you after a while, but I think Alex Hernandez ( Mafia 3/Lincoln Clay) would've been a great choice. Enjoyable tone of voice, good range, and he sounds badass as hell ( when he wants to). Plus his tone is kind of "mixed" ( good for either hispanic, caucasian or afro-american).

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
I'm playing a female V and I think Panam doesn't swing that way. It lets you float the idea anyway and then feel awkward when she shoots you down.

Panam can only be romanced by the Male V, yes.
Judy can only be romanced by the Female V.

There is another set for each body type. So four in total.

(Before you moan, I have the Collectors GameGuide, I knows EVERYTHING about the game... including...)

The secret endgame epilogue that can only be accessed under certain conditions and is a one time thing. You fuck it up, you lose the ending.

Last edited:

Loostreaks

I have so many thoughts about this game. I love CRPR as a developer cause they delivered my favorite game of all time in the Witcher 3, but their is criticism they deserve.

I feel like so much of the backlash could've been avoided by canceling the last gen console versions. But they would've had to have done that a year in advance so people could've been over it by time it launched.

Then worse case scenario is it releases on PS5/XSX/PC, people then understand why it was canceled on last gen and then they simply get compared to Bethesda due to the bugs. It's even a bit annoying that development time is now gonna be spent polishing a turd that is the last gen versions knowing full well it's never gonna be close to their original vision.

I know CDPR will course correct, I played Witcher 3 on a launch PS4, PS4 Pro, X1X, then PC and beat it on each platform. It wasn't perfect at launch but they were quick to fix any issues.

CP2077 without hyperbole for me personally is a 10/10 game at times. I love the city, the characters, the missions, the story, etc. But then these nagging issues or bugs will occur and for a moment I want to just stop playing. But then I reload a save, play for a bit and I'm immediately right back into it.

Let's see what they can fix in January, this game is magical and I hope for nothing but the best moving forward for all those who worked on it.
It was only a matter of when this would happen...CDPR has some of the most inept upper management when it comes to estimating release date and work/force required.
Witcher 1, their first game, almost no one with any experience, plan was to make it under two years with about 50 people. Instead it took twice that time and three amount of people.
Witcher 2, the same.
Then they announce Cyberpunk, while working on Witcher 3, thinking they could develop it in parallel, despite not having enough people for either project. Planned release was in 2015. Eventually they pull almost everyone from it to help on TW3, and production resumed in mid 2016 ( when they were fully done with the game).
And Witcher 3, also had the same problems.
I know everyone is great general after the war, but no way in hell they should've announced release date ( planned for April 2020), year prior, while still adding content and haven't even began optimizing the game.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Has anyone experienced their radio stations glitching? For a couple days now, nothing plays when I switch to Samzidat or Royal Blue.

SJRB

Gold Member
Has anyone experienced their radio stations glitching? For a couple days now, nothing plays when I switch to Samzidat or Royal Blue.

Yeah the radio is kinda weird sometimes. Stations don't work, or the audio level drops significantly.

Also noticed tapping R1 doesn't always switch to the next station, sometimes it just randomly skips around the list.

I have experienced it. I've also experienced lag when switching car camera positions, it can take up to 1 min on base PS4.

I've been wondering what I should go with on my second playthrough of this game. Male or Female V. I've chosen male Nomad on my first playthrough. I know it doesn't matter much besides the romance options but I like male V voice actor, don't know how good female V voice actress is. However I do know that I'm going as streetkid.

GHG

Gold Member
So I have now bought the mantis blades and the charge jump augmentations... Those along with my smart sniper rifle and I've turned into an absolute killing machine.

The next step is putting some perk points into anything that give bonus damage for headshots and finding a better smart sniper rifle with attachment slots so that I can silence it. Then I'm going all in on being a mobile stealthy killer.

Kojima just tweeted this....some kind of crossover coming?

He's in the game is he not?

Last edited:
Kojima just tweeted this....some kind of crossover coming?

While I'm sure they thought this would be a huge deal for them prior to release - getting some of the hype and good marketing from being associated with CP77... given the current negative sentiment towards the game, I'm not sure if it is the best to try to associate yourself with it...

Last edited:

Sakura

He doesn't sounds like Geralt to me. Too young.

I just don't think he makes a believable tough guy. Just a minor gripe though. No big deal.
I thought his voice was pretty good. To me he seemed like a kid who doesn't know left from right around night city, just getting started off in this merc business who gets caught up in all this bullshit with the biochip. Never considered him to be like some veteran gun for hire. At least that is the impression I got playing the game and watching the trailers before hand.

Cyberpunkd

So I have now bought the mantis blades and the charge jump augmentations... Those along with my smart sniper rifle and I've turned into an absolute killing machine.

The next step is putting some perk points into anything that give bonus damage for headshots and finding a better smart sniper rifle with attachment slots so that I can silence it. Then I'm going all in on being a mobile stealthy killer.

What is your build? I started as Corpo with points in Hack and Crafting, but I might restart esp. since I bought the 'dismantle all junk items perk'. Was thinking of Stealth / Hack build.

GHG

Gold Member
What is your build? I started as Corpo with points in Hack and Crafting, but I might restart esp. since I bought the 'dismantle all junk items perk'. Was thinking of Stealth / Hack build.

So far it's mostly augmentation, gear and weapon focused because I've been trying a lot of things out as I've come across them, but I think I've settled on what I mentioned in my previous post and will focus all future investments in those areas going forwards.

This is where I'm at so far (as you can see I have been banking levels and perk points because of my uncertainty):

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-17-12-2020-14-53-50-50.png

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-17-12-2020-14-58-35-50.png

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-17-12-2020-14-58-45-50.png

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-17-12-2020-14-58-57-50.png

mitchman

Gold Member
it's not like you have much of a choice. if you are straight playing as male V you romance panam, if you play as female V you romance judy.
pretty disappointing. should have made them both player sexual if there are so few choices. let's hope the DLC gives us more.
Well, female V can also romance the cop simultaneous with Judy.

Is there a guide for the DPS numbers etc in the inventory. I'm being dumb and can't seem to work out why i've got a gun with a high DPS but it's rubbish compared to a lower dps gun. Sorting by DPS in the inventory doesn't seem to do anything for me either, they still appear to be in a random order. Don't want to go hunting for videos to be greeted with spoilers.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
my biggest complaint so far is Johnny Silverhand. i don't know what it is but he just fucking pisses me off. I like Keanu but wish he was never hired. I think it'd be better if Johnny was voiced by some nobody and had a different appearance. every time Johnny appears I'm like oh it's Keanu. totally immersion breaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivory Blood

my biggest complaint so far is Johnny Silverhand. i don't know what it is but he just fucking pisses me off. I like Keanu but wish he was never hired. I think it'd be better if Johnny was voiced by some nobody and had a different appearance. every time Johnny appears I'm like oh it's Keanu. totally immersion breaking.
I think Johnny is pretty great, I didn't like him initially but as I played more and more, he became so endearing. Like I got to know him and he really became Vs friend.

0Rznzfc.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Panam can only be romanced by the Male V, yes.
Judy can only be romanced by the Female V.

There is another set for each body type. So four in total.

(Before you moan, I have the Collectors GameGuide, I knows EVERYTHING about the game... including...)

The secret endgame epilogue that can only be accessed under certain conditions and is a one time thing. You fuck it up, you lose the ending.
giphy.gif

scalman

though panam has better missions for me, she ride with you fight with you and then sit by fire with you , then she call you , send you pics . Judy doesnt do any of that, so it was fine missions with her i know which is better here for my taste, this not about look now but how they act as characters and such.

that sweet feeling when you clean all bad guys and then find what they left for you to collect..
rX8A8QU.png

new set of clothes, but i change them so often that its hard to follow. almost every third person drops some clothes to loot. so you feel like some cloth man really there. like model

guess whos new sherrif ? no its not chuck norris
L8mBwrS.png

scalman

wtf Panam sent u pics? c'mon gurl

maybe I just didn't reply to her msgs lol
yes man at first i didint checked my msgs too but then i saw , and yes before mission she send me pic , and i was replaying to that as jelous something ... haha she said next time it will be better... yh next time she asked me help her we just shot a lot people ... lol .. still was cool, i guess next time then

some of those clothes look so fancy that you could go like that to some Oscars or smt..
ZuaoPIJ.png

this some corpo wacky clothes lol
V6L6wa7.png

mitchman

Gold Member
He becomes far less of a douche as the story progresses.

Brute

This game is fucking cool and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm at roughly 14 hours total play time. Doing loads of side quests and just soaking up the atmosphere.

Game runs well on Series X - some funny bugs but not game breaking ones yet. Stuff like floating burgers - and Keanu Reeves smoking a cigarette which doesn't move but his arm does.

edit: yeah and the audio is all over the place. Sometimes the in-car radio is booming, other times I can hardly hear the music.

Last edited:

ne1butu

I’m on ps5 and only played up the part where you got to bed (1 hour in)

I stopped for the next gen patch, but I’m free all weekend, so tempted to go for it.

Good experience so far for peeps on ps5?

mr.dilya

Banned
Panam is a great example of a black character done right. Nothing stereotypical, didn't feel forced in there just to fill some quota, a meaningful and developed story arch, and oh yeah she's not there just to get inevitably killed off. Rivers is pretty good too but I haven't completed his story line.

This is far and aways better than the garbage Naughty Dog tries to pass off as inclusion and representation.

Top Bottom