• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

AmateurPong

Saw some comments about the stealth being underbaked, but I'm not really finding that to be the case? And the last game I played through was Dishonored on a pure stealth run. Escaped the prologue basically unseen until the very end, and have been mostly getting by with stealth non-lethal, which seems to give good feedback after gigs. Love all the different options to mess with NPC's, whether that's whistling, blinding them, or distracting them by hacking equipment scattered around the environment. This is the real follow up to Deus Ex I've been waiting decades for.

Barakov

Had my first(?!) major bug yesterday. NPCs disappeared, random items started floating in the air. I went into the save menu and the save cursor disappeared. I thought about restarting the game and then the game fixed itself. Game definitely needs a couple more hot fixes. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Loostreaks

Saw some comments about the stealth being underbaked, but I'm not really finding that to be the case? And the last game I played through was Dishonored on a pure stealth run. Escaped the prologue basically unseen until the very end, and have been mostly getting by with stealth non-lethal, which seems to give good feedback after gigs. Love all the different options to mess with NPC's, whether that's whistling, blinding them, or distracting them by hacking equipment scattered around the environment. This is the real follow up to Deus Ex I've been waiting decades for.
From what I've noticed they react to things like doors being opened next to them or friendly bodies( they go into search mode). But AI behaves inconsistently and sometimes detects you through walls, or they outright freeze in place. Detection "cones"/time for camera and enemies is also ( imo) too long. And in some locations they just stand in place ( staring at the wall).
Overall I find, enemy AI is much better in combat than in stealth.

Sometimes it feels like physical barriers like walls are being ignored by the AI, but other times they're using things like tech weapons (they shoot through solid objects), ricocheting bullets, etc. It's hard to tell how much of this stuff is jank and how much it's the nature of the world created. Stealth is definitely tough, though, I just tried stealthing through this huge dojo full of scumbags training and if you don't know the right direction to go in there's just too many opportunities to get spotted, which I eventually did! What a massacre I had to unleash at that point.

MrMephistoX

I’m enjoying it a lot after the Series X patch: it looks fine to me: I’ve kinda gotten my novelty fix at this point though so I may halt my play through and wait for the patches / next gen unless they’re planning multiplayer updates like Destiny to keep it interesting.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I totally love stealth in this game. So many options. I like how hacking works via line of sight. It’s one of the many ways where first person just makes sense for this game. Nothing like hacking your way through a house of baddies.

Last edited:

John2290

Finally gave up and dropping it until it's finished. Lost over an hours story progress and every auto save before it had the same glitch of falling through the worlds map until I reloaded the most recent manual save. Such a pity the game is unfinished but I'm hopeful it'll be in a polished state by the time I grab a ps5 next year. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

UncleMeat

Couple tips: If you're going with Handguns the Burya tech pistol is an absolute monster. It only fires 4 rounds per clip and doesn't charge but I think that's b/c every shot is like a charge shot since it goes through walls. Mixed in w/ the headshot and critical bonuses I have it's an absolute hand canon, maybe even brokenly OP.

Two, read the shards on the blue open world missions, occasionally they lead to weapon/item/cash stashes.

Do you guys recommend getting to act 2 before doing any of the side content? Should I clear out the Watson side content first than progress the story missions in Watson?

I would recommend getting to Act 2 before doing much side content just b/c Keanu does pop up in some of the side missions so you'd miss that. I assume it's not a spoiler that Keanu is in this game...

Last edited:

scalman

when enemies starting to throw grenades at you no matter how good your armor is you can just die so fast , or get electrocuted and die or just die from other factors that grenades provide , so its more dying then because you never know, you might put yourself in corner where is nowere to move back and they throw you granade and you dead. But its interesting then you look other ways to deal and maybe kill first those guys or move more then , cant just camp in one cover if they have grenades.

and some of my far away from city explorations that brought me to very cool locations and views
ywlFX3Z.png

hxhP5NI.png

OC5qCGX.png

UfHFcfk.png

here was testing can my car drown yes it can and then can i still look at it, yes i can and all lights in cockpit even still works just wheel not turn
Ycj99jd.png

fOaRAwj.png

more and more i thin kthat glitches and crashes must have something to do with settings , as i dont have any crash like at all and no really bad bugs that would like brake my game or i would need replay mission. all just works. not sure how or why but no bugs or crashes for me, some bugs sure but they so rare and they not affect my part of gameplay. and i dont even need higher video settings rly, RT would give more sure but before RT there is not much really to add to my picture here, like its no point go to more powerfull laptop but that it couldnt handle RT well . so go full on good specs or no upgrade at all. will see what RTX 3060 laptops will show and at what prices.
on 1080p and 15' laptop screen picture is very good and detailed at this size screen , at home on 40' HDTv 1080p its not that sharp image but there colors are much better and more darker . its still good there rly.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Couple tips: If you're going with Handguns the Burya tech pistol is an absolute monster. It only fires 4 rounds per clip and doesn't charge but I think that's b/c every shot is like a charge shot since it goes through walls. Mixed in w/ the headshot and critical bonuses I have it's an absolute hand canon, maybe even brokenly OP.

Two, read the shards on the blue open world missions, occasionally they lead to weapon/item/cash stashes.

I would recommend getting to Act 2 before doing much side content just b/c Keanu does pop up in some of the side missions so you'd miss that. I assume it's not a spoiler that Keanu is in this game...

Any legendary Overture with the 3x headshot crit multiplier and +limb crit damage, when paired with +crit gear and perks, feels pretty broken too. One shot to the head kills even some of the toughest enemies, and two body shots will take out most riff raf.

UncleMeat

Any legendary Overture with the 3x headshot crit multiplier and +limb crit damage, when paired with +crit gear and perks, feels pretty broken too. One shot to the head kills even some of the toughest enemies, and two body shots will take out most riff raf.

Ya, I've got a rare Overture with 3x headshot damage that i use for my silenced pistol. When I hit people from stealth, b/c of the headshot, crit, & stealth bonuses i'm getting like 20-25k damage. :messenger_tears_of_joy: And ya my clothes have crit bonuses too.

My strat is basically take out a few guys from stealth, then switch to Burya, activate 20 seconds slow mo, kill everything; it's John Wick mode. I use the mantis blades too with a couple of the top blade perks too just to mix it up. I'm going through missions like 5x faster than I did on my first playthrough.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
Finally got back to the main story. Fuck I forgot how great the main quest are. Just did the float quest. It was beautiful.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Wait WTF, Claire is trans? How the fuck those reviewers said, that trans characters only exist there for fetishising them?! Bullshit.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
more and more i think that glitches and crashes must have something to do with settings , as i dont have any crash like at all and no really bad bugs that would like brake my game or i would need replay mission. all just works. not sure how or why but no bugs or crashes for me, some bugs sure but they so rare and they not affect my part of gameplay.
I have the same experience. Everything works just fine especially after 1.04. The same goes for GeForce Now. Sure there's little bugs, but every game has those. It's increasingly apparent that there are 3 tiers of the Cyberpunk experience:

Top Shelf = PC, GeForce Now, Stadia
Mid Grade = XSX, PS5, XSS
Poopy = Last gen systems

That's why you can have OTs full of people having a grand ol' time while others suffer in the shadows. Feels nice.jk

Last edited:

UncleMeat

Wait WTF, Claire is trans? How the fuck those reviewers said, that trans characters only exist there for fetishising them?! Bullshit.
That would've required them to put in more than bare minimum effort and play a side quest. God forbid!

Daeoc

That is because many only played half the game, ignoring a huge chunk of story and characterization.

Last edited:
this is social degeneracy as it's finest.

tbh someone needs to make a thread on nudity in video games and why it's harmful for the mind. i would but i am not allowed to.

Tha @#$$!! you not serious are you?! 🤣 I would swim in those cheeks bruh 🍑 dated many Boriquas out of the BX with Gawd given asssssests in the right places like this tight shorty 😋🤤 whats scary tho, these video gm chicks getting close to life nowadays with feelings and..other extras 🫂

..what..you..not comfortable talking about this subject?..peepee not ready yet?

KO7

Finally got back to the main story. Fuck I forgot how great the main quest are. Just did the float quest. It was beautiful.

I’m about to do the float quest later and I’m so excited for it! Hearing the details of the parade and the security arrangements has me so excited that I feel like “my body is not ready” and I should do more side quests first.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
think I am done with this POS game.

Why do my bullets do almost nothing but then the enemies can basically 2 shot me.

Any side mission I do, or assaults or even just approaching gang members I can unload 5 clips in them and nothing, then bam 2 shots I am dead.

Am I underpowered and shouldnt even engage until further along or what?

How do you get money if you can't even do the cop side missions or stop assaults.

In other open world games you start a shoot out you or side missions you can actually kill people. I don't see how I have a chance if 2 hits and I am dead while my pea shooter does almost no damage. And I can't even hack anyone because I never have enough ram apparently.

Honestly I have no idea what your supposed to do then outside the story mission which is just non stop talking and walking. The only guy who you can actually do damage with is Johnny Silverhand.

And WTF is with the fucking drifting. My controller doesn't drift in any other game but this game its just constant drifting, which of course makes aiming impossible since I move the recticule and it starts drifting.

This is just not fun. City is dead empty. Cars kinda suck. And side missions are all impossible and gate kept behind needing money which you can't get because enemies are impossible.

Tried this one assault where I needed to get evidence and there were 4 enemies and I died 15 times if I tried to even engage in a shoot out with them.

Base PS4 BTW.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
On PS5 I saw a couple of glitches during act 1. One was a gun being the shark in Jackie’s hand, which someone else here saw. Another was someone walking through a door. Think I’ve seen a few floating cars but maybe 1 such bug every 5 hours of play.

I have had hard crashes, always when I am driving, and have been driving for a while. The FPS starts to drop and then it crashes. Since switching up my gameplay to using vehicles less I haven’t seen any crashes.

These seem like standard graphic memory overflow or something bugs which should be fixable. Game is perfectly playable 99% of the time.

J-Roderton

Well, I’m into act 2 but the crashes make it way difficult especially with limited time to actually play videos for me these days.

Also for some reason my d pad functions seem to only work half the time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think I might just shelf it until some patches come out.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I did one random mission and after I'd finished and was looting I came across an encrypted message that I tried to hack. Unfortunately the codebreaker looked like I'd have trouble so I clicked back hoping Ng to retry with a new table of codes bit alas, the message was gone. I went through all my Shards and couldn't see it. Anyone know where these crypted messages go?

scalman

small car vs large stairs .. one of my fav cars in game hame some problems get up those stairs , not helping that is RWD , still so much fun
0iQ0f5c.png

how you cross street after you get double jump
2PhCa4d.png

bought myself legendary blade arms and legendary OS . arms where not really like huge upgrade , not sure if its worth to spend that much, it was not much boost . still had too much money all ready over 300k . without exploids and cheats just loot loot loot and sell sell sell .

and Panam is mine..

kRedzwQ.png

WtIlzag.png

xH2LNhm.jpg

Last edited:
What did those 3 pictures mean in the middle here? I thought it was tied to progression but apperantly not? Since i finished the game with like 90 - 30 - 40% when credits were rolling.

qSCIfDe.jpg

Rex_DX

Gold Member
SJRB SJRB really nice snaps you took. Especially love the one of your character in the sky. Great framing.

What system/ if PC what specs?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I just noticed for the first time that pedestrians obey the crossing signals. I watched a guy waiting to cross and when it went green and said "walk" he started in, a big flat truck was turning right and the pedestrian ran the rest of the way across, then started walking on the other side. That's actually decent behavior.

Was just crusin' the city enacting justice on baddies and came across this random ripper doc in a storage garage protected by turrets. I love stuff like this that has a little shard and you can piece together the narrative...
Rando-Ripper.jpg

regawdless

Banned
So I actually compared native 1440p vs DLSS quality with some reshade. DLSS + reshade looks slightly better than native without reshade. Because DLSS reconstructs details that aren't there in the native resolution and reshade gives back the lost clarity. Quiet impressive. Cross post from the Quake 2 RTX thread, because this topic came up:

u9E0MZa.jpg

Swloant.jpg

Who gets it right?

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Tha @#$$!! you not serious are you?! 🤣 I would swim in those cheeks bruh 🍑 dated many Boriquas out of the BX with Gawd given asssssests in the right places like this tight shorty 😋🤤 whats scary tho, these video gm chicks getting close to life nowadays with feelings and..other extras 🫂

..what..you..not comfortable talking about this subject?..peepee not ready yet?
You're a polygon pumper bruh. Seek help

Top Bottom