• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Warablo

You guys ever have NPC's know exactly where you are after a hack? I thought maybe it was higher tier enemies, a bug, or a bug tied to the crit hacks perk. I don't think I can stealthy take them out anymore. I don't even have a save before that perk to test either.

scalman

You guys ever have NPC's know exactly where you are after a hack? I thought maybe it was higher tier enemies, a bug, or a bug tied to the crit hacks perk. I don't think I can stealthy take them out anymore. I don't even have a save before that perk to test either.
Well they hack you as well if its one time or if its against those hackers so they will hack you. Find them and kill first.

You have a netrunner on your ass.

John2290

Is there a dedicated thread to follow updates on the game? If not I'd appreciate it if people would keep us posted on here and their experiences on their platforms. I have to guess CDPR are gonna drop a hot fix really soon out of nervousness with the amount of shit they're getting and I'm sure, almost positive, that it's going to break more than it fixes.

Keep us posted, folks.

Is there a dedicated thread to follow updates on the game? If not I'd appreciate it if people would keep us posted on here and their experiences on their platforms. I have to guess CDPR are gonna drop a hot fix really soon out of nervousness with the amount of shit they're getting and I'm sure, almost positive, that it's going to break more than it fixes.

Keep us posted, folks.
My update: I've been playing for 90+ hours on PC. 1 hard crash. 1 side gig glitched out and cannot be completed. Some stupid bugs like floating cigarettes etc. My GOTY. I love this game.

Snaven Shake

Neo Member
I am about 45 hours in and thoroughly enjoying my time with the game.

My single biggest complaint is the excessive amount of side content where there is no choice given to amicably end an encounter. It feels like more often than not I am being sent in to homes and offices, and the named person in the location is aggro from the very start. There is no way to approach them and have a conversation, try to rectify the situation, talk them in to surrender, possibly even side with them. I wish there were more opportunities to do this, and while I appreciate that there are copious amounts of options available to taking out said person, I wish I could use dialogue more often.

Darak

Finished the game in about 40 hours including almost all the side character arcs (but left many sidequests and gigs open). I enjoyed some high points in the story but overall the game left me a bad taste. Playing it (on PS5) was a continuous fight against bugs: main characters would get stuck, quest objects wouldn't become interactable, or the game would just crash dozens and dozens of times (one hour of continuous play was rare). And that's only the big stuff, because the amount of minor glitches is out of this world. Being able to play for a few minutes without any kind of HUD, animation, controls or visual issue was very rare.

I played it in very high difficulty (the highest available) opting for a stealth+handguns approach and the game was easy to the point of being insulting. Everything would just die immediately with a revolver headshot and stealth was ridiculously effective to the point of barely offering any challenge. After the first few levels, stats and perks became completely irrelevant and I finished the game with 6+ unallocated stat points and a dozen perks points, no mods at all installed in my weapons or clothes, and barely any implants. In fact, I wore armor for purely aesthetic reasons only and didn't really care about my stats. I only had problems with some bosses as the game some times forces you to combat them upfront even if you play stealth, but they are often easily exploited, for example climbing a box and watching the AI freak out and stand in the open doing nothing.

Despite all the shortcomings, I'd say there is a great gem hidden somewhere. It needs at least a few months of extra work to iron out the bugs, add a few glaring missing features and rebalance some of its systems. But the city is gigantic and awe-inspiring, and the narrative is excellent (if nowhere near Witcher 3 IMHO).

Maddux4164

Banned
10 hours in and I’ve barely started

Just now met Keanu (Johnny)

What an absolute blast

what never gets old? That damn music that plays during combat. Absolutely LOVE that combat music

I am simply elated you guys talked me out of the base PS4 version though 😂

John2290

My update: I've been playing for 90+ hours on PC. 1 hard crash. 1 side gig glitched out and cannot be completed. Some stupid bugs like floating cigarettes etc. My GOTY. I love this game.
I have 30 hours on PRO and not to accuse you of anything but I can't believe after 90 hours your bugs have been little ones, surely you've fallen through the map, had cars fly into the air, have police spawn inside you or right beside you inside a building, had story NPC's run on air, had traffic reproduce rapidly and then fall through the map, lost control of your keys until you hit pause or at least one of these cause these aren't platform exclusive, they're across all platforms.

I've watched people play this game on PC's 10 times as costly as the PRO and actually have more bugs than me (and I've had a lot, particularly after getting into act 2), namely Pewdiepie and Angry Joe and the former is only rushing the story and he's been plagued even with his SSD. Along with that they have all the jank like texture pop in, not being able to pick up items randomly, overlapping dialogue, loss of control, T posing etc along with many of the ones I mentioned from my time above. One Youtube reviewer had his bare assed character T-pose out the top of his car while he was driving and he was on a 3080, not to mention most of the bugs I mentioned.

What exactly do you consider to be "some stupid bugs", exactly? What's your hardware? SSD? What settings are ya running it at? What version, did you update or stay with an older build? Did you mod? How do you play, are you laid back and methiculous with everything you do at a leisurely speed, walking everywhere, driving, fast travelling etc or did you get into a grind loop and race from goal to goal? Not joshing ya here, I'm simply curious cause 90 hours with minor asset floating bugs seems miraculous. I wanna know how you achieved it.

Last edited:

John Day

I am about 45 hours in and thoroughly enjoying my time with the game.

My single biggest complaint is the excessive amount of side content where there is no choice given to amicably end an encounter. It feels like more often than not I am being sent in to homes and offices, and the named person in the location is aggro from the very start. There is no way to approach them and have a conversation, try to rectify the situation, talk them in to surrender, possibly even side with them. I wish there were more opportunities to do this, and while I appreciate that there are copious amounts of options available to taking out said person, I wish I could use dialogue more often.

i’ve had 2 side jobs about finding someone, one of them was an early job from Regina. I went into her room unnarmed and she relented. Not sure if it’s scripted that way.

Usually, the objectives are clear when you have to kill someone. If otherwise, try going in unarmed and see.

John Day

Around 20+ hours in, been slow thanks to work. Playing on PS5, most bugs i’ve found are the visual kind (floating ashtrays, small objects) and hard to scan objects. Crashes, i’ve had some, they are common. I suspect it has something to do with streaming and loading. Usually happens when a gig is done, between trying to show all the loot i pick up, updating scores of xp and streaming areas i’m walking/driving thru.

But i’m in love man. I’m genuinely having fun, i don’t know what to say.

John2290

i’ve had 2 side jobs about finding someone, one of them was an early job from Regina. I went into her room unnarmed and she relented. Not sure if it’s scripted that way.

Usually, the objectives are clear when you have to kill someone. If otherwise, try going in unarmed and see.
Max was a female in your playthrough or did they actually have Regina do two identical quests of talking someone out of a "bad mood"?

THEAP99

Banned
This is a historic moment in PlayStation history.

When was the last time Sony made exceptions to their refund policy like this?

Cyberpunk 2077 gonna be remembered for the wrong reasons. Yikes

THEAP99

Banned
holY FUCK

94905364cd23c9257ba42828558ab55f.png

Last edited:

who_me

Welp at least they have more time to optimize the Xbox and PC versions. Series X version much sooner then 👀👀. As I don’t think you can push updates for games not on PSN anymore

Last edited:

John2290

^ Well, if you're thinking of refunding on PS4 and still want to own the game. Don't refund. There is a high probability they may not be able to fix this and get it in a state that'll pass Sony's certification which this time around will be extra harsh but there is a higher chance that CDPR will get it in a reasonable state on PRO in the next few months. Don't refund for the sake of refunding cause it hurts us all whom want to see this game get to the actual finish line as well as have a next gen patch on consoles. CDPR might go tits up and abandon consoles all together in the future, that means no The Witcher: Chronicles of Ciri or The Witcher: Tales of Vesemir.

John2290

Welp at least they have more time to optimize the Xbox and PC versions. Series X version much sooner then 👀👀. As I don’t think you can push updates for games not on PSN anymore
You can't be serious... Fuuuuck. Well, back to trying to figure out how to enjoy BoTW sober and forget this mess, at least I know that won't have a single glitch.

Vtecomega

Banned
This is a historic moment in PlayStation history.

When was the last time Sony made exceptions to their refund policy like this?

Cyberpunk 2077 gonna be remembered for the wrong reasons. Yikes

Hi guys. Does anyone know how to get a refund? I have followed the link and just takes me to a cyberpunk poster?

who_me

You can't be serious... Fuuuuck. Well, back to trying to figure out how to enjoy BoTW sober and forget this mess, at least I know that won't have a single glitch.
All I’m going to say is that they let Anthem and Fallout 76 on their storefront even through they had piss poor performance also. Sony doesn’t want to change their refund policy. This is just a work-around

Maddux4164

Banned
shit I am tempted to refund the game.

Do you know how long I have to make my deicsion? might give it a whirl over hte weekend and decide after that if I got the time.
What platform you on? Base? Pro? PS5?

Also, based on the post there’s so specific amount. Although doubt someone who has 30+ hours is getting a refund

John2290

All I’m going to say is that they let Anthem and Fallout 76 on their storefront even through they had piss poor performance also. Sony doesn’t want to change their refund policy. This is just a work-around
What do you mean exactly by a work around?

They didn't have a new generation and public opinion to consider with Anthem or f76 nor did they have as much mainstream publicity, which goes to show Sony only give a fuck when there is enough noise. I'm pissed off at both companies, they should have not certified the game in the damn first place and the fault lies with them as much as CDPR. Quid pro quo, corporate bullshit by smug fuckers in suits and swivel chairs.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Xbox one X here and I'm taking a small break after a couple of crashes.
Overall I'm pleasantly surprised, however my immersion gets shut down at random with glitches and crashes.
level 21 now street cred 33.

This game is like doing 69 with a top Supermodel knowing you got a 20% chance of also getting steaming hot diarrhea shot in your face.

But you still go at it because when there's no diarreha in your mouth it's heaven.

Top Bottom