• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

John2290

Xbox one X here and I'm taking a small break after a couple of crashes.
Overall I'm pleasantly surprised, however my immersion gets shut down at random with glitches and crashes.
level 21 now street cred 33.

This game is like doing 69 with a top Supermodel knowing you got a 20% chance of also getting steaming hot diarrhea shot in your face.

But you still go at it because when there's no diarreha in your mouth it's heaven.
Best analogy I've read of the games state so far, I've no experience with supermodels or eating diarrhea but I'd imagine this to be the case.

Finished the game in about 40 hours including almost all the side character arcs (but left many sidequests and gigs open). I enjoyed some high points in the story but overall the game left me a bad taste. Playing it (on PS5) was a continuous fight against bugs: main characters would get stuck, quest objects wouldn't become interactable, or the game would just crash dozens and dozens of times (one hour of continuous play was rare). And that's only the big stuff, because the amount of minor glitches is out of this world. Being able to play for a few minutes without any kind of HUD, animation, controls or visual issue was very rare.

I played it in very high difficulty (the highest available) opting for a stealth+handguns approach and the game was easy to the point of being insulting. Everything would just die immediately with a revolver headshot and stealth was ridiculously effective to the point of barely offering any challenge. After the first few levels, stats and perks became completely irrelevant and I finished the game with 6+ unallocated stat points and a dozen perks points, no mods at all installed in my weapons or clothes, and barely any implants. In fact, I wore armor for purely aesthetic reasons only and didn't really care about my stats. I only had problems with some bosses as the game some times forces you to combat them upfront even if you play stealth, but they are often easily exploited, for example climbing a box and watching the AI freak out and stand in the open doing nothing.

Despite all the shortcomings, I'd say there is a great gem hidden somewhere. It needs at least a few months of extra work to iron out the bugs, add a few glaring missing features and rebalance some of its systems. But the city is gigantic and awe-inspiring, and the narrative is excellent (if nowhere near Witcher 3 IMHO).

you did none of the gigs? sheesh....40 hrs?

who_me

What do you mean exactly by a work around?

They didn't have a new generation and public opinion to consider with Anthem or f76 nor did they have as much mainstream publicity, which goes to show Sony only give a fuck when there is enough noise. I'm pissed off at both companies, they should have not certified the game in the damn first place and the fault lies with them as much as CDPR. Quid pro quo, corporate bullshit by smug fuckers in suits and swivel chairs.
Basically since they delisted they have to offer refunds. This allows them to keep their one time refund policy still intact.

cryptoadam

Banned
What platform you on? Base? Pro? PS5?

Also, based on the post there’s so specific amount. Although doubt someone who has 30+ hours is getting a refund

PS4 regular.

Probably have about 5 hours in or so. I got to the part with Johnny Silverhand so its not that far into the game.

waylo

Banned
I can't stop taking screenshots. Game is fucking gorgeous.
HVIgEqs.png

hYxTueX.jpg

FUjSOPk.png

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I did that PC config fix and have been able to turn up the graphics to medium and am getting stable frame rates.

I'm surprised the PS version is so terrible. I haven't looked at the console versions at all and didn't realize they were apparently this bad.

Maddux4164

Banned
PS4 regular.

Probably have about 5 hours in or so. I got to the part with Johnny Silverhand so its not that far into the game.
Took me 10 to get to Johnny.

if I’m you.... I’d refund. Unless you’re having fun. Are you? Genuinely curious knowing how awful the base machine performs with this game

Vtecomega

Banned
^ Well, if you're thinking of refunding on PS4 and still want to own the game. Don't refund. There is a high probability they may not be able to fix this and get it in a state that'll pass Sony's certification which this time around will be extra harsh but there is a higher chance that CDPR will get it in a reasonable state on PRO in the next few months. Don't refund for the sake of refunding cause it hurts us all whom want to see this game get to the actual finish line as well as have a next gen patch on consoles. CDPR might go tits up and abandon consoles all together in the future, that means no The Witcher: Chronicles of Ciri or The Witcher: Tales of Vesemir.

Its crashed a total of 28 times in the past 3 days. Its gets really bad when you meet that Japanese hitman at that coffee shop place. Not to mention the stuck UI of certain items and bugged weapon response.

cryptoadam

Banned
Took me 10 to get to Johnny.

if I’m you.... I’d refund. Unless you’re having fun. Are you? Genuinely curious knowing how awful the base machine performs with this game

Not really. City is dead empty and I get killed in 2 shots while my gun does nothing to the enemies.

Rest of missions are just all talking talking talking and then walking walking walking. Occasionally there is some shooting thrown in there. But like I said my guns suck and there is this insane drift on my right stick that isn't present in any other games.

I think I am going to go for the refund.

I might be 10 hours in I didn't check but I haven't done any side missions.

I just read everyone else having a blast and leveling up and I am waiting to get to the fun part but it just doesn't seem to be coming. I played a bit today and died like 10 times in a row trying to stop a crime because the enemies would 1 shot me while my pea shooter took 5 clips to down an enemy.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Maybe you are playing a mission that is too hard, or meant to be stealth only. That happened to me in one mission I had to do it nonviolent cos anytime stealth was broke they destroyed me. It was a specific mission tho. You may have picked the wrong one to try.

Maddux4164

Banned
Not really. City is dead empty and I get killed in 2 shots while my gun does nothing to the enemies.

Rest of missions are just all talking talking talking and then walking walking walking. Occasionally there is some shooting thrown in there. But like I said my guns suck and there is this insane drift on my right stick that isn't present in any other games.

I just read everyone else having a blast and leveling up and I am waiting to get to the fun part but it just doesn't seem to be coming. I played a bit today and died like 10 times in a row trying to stop a crime because the enemies would 1 shot me while my pea shooter took 5 clips to down an enemy.
Damn. City definitely isn’t empty. I’m on a 5 year old PC build.

Understand for base PS4 it is and that sucks.

Are you having major crashes and frame rate issues etc?

Joey.

I want to like this game so bad, but there's so many things wrong.

PROS - story is kinda cool so far (on Act 2, about 10 hrs in), the setting/environment/vibe/ is so cool.
CONS - graphics are meh (PS5), driving (wtf), glitches and bugs are too much and really hurt the experience (I can accept some minor bugs, but there's some big ones) and oh man the crashes..happens way too often.

A big update can really help this game. Really needs it bad, ASAP.
At the moment, I think I'll continue playing it and attempt to complete the main storyline because so far so good in that department and I love being part of this city but as for replayability...not so sure. Needs a big patch and I'll reconsider.

This game had so much promise. It was almost there. Just needed some more time for polish. I hope there's a CP2 one day and corrects all the mention problems and comes out great right out of the gate.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Yamashi performance and debug mod...
Configuration

Boolean options set to true means that you enable the patch!

The options are all found in: <cyberpunk install path>/bin/x64/plugins/cyber_engine_tweaks/config.json

• avx: Some people encounter a crash due to AVX, the mod will detect if you are at risk and will patch if it's the case. (default: true)
  • smt: This fixes a bug with AMD CPUs causing the game to use only half the CPU. (default: true)
  • spectre: Spectre is a hardware security flaw that can leak a process' memory, the mitigation for spectre has a performance impact. The mitigation doesn't make sense for a game, a spectre exploit is very hard to pull off and there is nothing in Cyberpunk's memory that is sensitive. This patch removes part of the mitigation to get back that lost performance. (default: true).
  • virtual_input: Not performance related, fixes the input so you can use Steam controllers. (default: true)
  • memory_pool: This will override the default memory pool settings, it gives a decent boost of performance for some users and none for others. (default: true)
  • unlock_menu: Unlocks the debug menu, use at your own risk! (default: false)
  • cpu_memory_pool_fraction: This gives the percentage of CPU memory to use, 1.0 being 100%, 0.5 being 50%. (default: 0.5)
  • gpu_memory_pool_fraction: This gives the percentage of GPU memory to use, 1.0 being 100%, 0.5 being 50%. (default: 1.0)
  • remove_pedestrians: Removes most of the pedestrians and traffic from the game. Be careful using this, a save made with this active will NEVER have pedestrians/traffic anymore! (default: false)
  • skip_start_menu: Skips the main menu asking you to press space bar when "Breaching..." (default: true)
  • disable_async_compute: Setting this to true will disable async compute, can increase performance on older hardware (default: false)
  • disable_antialiasing: Setting this to true will disable antialiasing (TAA), can increase performance on older hardware but looks horrible (default: false)
I tested this and it does activate a debug menu option that has some weird shit I don't know how to configure, but also a unlock all cars option. I didn't try it because I was afraid it would bug my game. Eventually, this game will be modded out the yang like Skyrim, TW3, or GTA V. Hopefully CDPR will release a nice editor or something. It would be awesome to make your own building and drop a bunch of enemies in there to blast. We'll need model swaps for motorcycles so you can ride dildos. Game could use better strip clubs, too. Oh the possibilities.

TheRyzzl

Neo Member
Man super bummed there doesn't seem to be any MaxTac or Trauma team gear you can get. If you kill them they don't even drop loot =( found a cool NCPD set though.

Last edited:

Salz01

Xbox one X here and I'm taking a small break after a couple of crashes.
Overall I'm pleasantly surprised, however my immersion gets shut down at random with glitches and crashes.
level 21 now street cred 33.

This game is like doing 69 with a top Supermodel knowing you got a 20% chance of also getting steaming hot diarrhea shot in your face.

But you still go at it because when there's no diarreha in your mouth it's heaven.
I can’t stop laughing at this post.

Royal-Slime

Banned
Using the logic of Sony, they need to delist PS5 because a lot of people have been reporting issues with it and because of scalping. In fact the issues with PS5 are worse because a broken game will be fixed at some point, while a broken console is a broken console.. Sony is not even trying to hide how much they care about money over customers at this point.

Last edited:

Tahj

Game update: 60hrs in, am working on side quests & a few gigs. Have had a few visual glitches, nothing egregious as many have per the videos everywhere. Have had bouts of crashing at random, but haven't for several play sessions over the past 2 (3?) days now (knock on all the wood). Agree the game needed more time, but I've enjoyed my time thus far in Night City so much, be it stories, characters, combat, environments, & so on.
Also, come Monday, will be going from 16gb to 32gb RAM, & from a GTX 1070Ti to an RTX 3060ti :)

Komatsu

The delisting of the game - which apparently involved some high level phone calls between Warsaw and SIE in California - is an unmitigated disaster. Really bad for the game's positioning in a crowded market, particularly so given that Sony did not delist Anthem even when it was literally bricking base models after launch.

A pity, really, given that for us PC gamers it is quite apparent that CP2077 is a fantastic title.

Last edited:

zkorejo

Man.. CDPR really fucked it up on ps4/x one. This really sucks. I hope the game will get fixed soon then you can enjoy it too.

Fess

15+ hours in, finished the heist quest last night. Oh God. This is insane. Like holy crap the set pieces CDPR has created here are among the best I’ve ever experienced and I started gaming in the early 80s, and the immersion... oh wow. This is my GOTY with a wide margin. 🔥🔝

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Had a great time tonight. Finished up Panam’s quest line and took her sweet ass to bone town, did some of River Ward’s and quests and some other random quests before and after.

Having an absolute blast with the game. Glad I opted for it on XSX over PS5 as it looks great in quality mode and I haven’t had a single crash yet while my friends (and people on other forums I frequent) playing on PS5 have had a bunch. I’ve had to reload saves a couple times due to bugs, but no hard crashes and really just some occasional graphical and audio glitches.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

You're probably way underleveled for the area if what you're describing is happening. I'm playing on Hard and it's nothing like that.

Take a look at the danger level of missions on the map to know if you're appropriately leveled for the area. If it's "Very Dangerous" then you're going to get destroyed most likely.

The delisting of the game - which apparently involved some high level phone calls between Warsaw and SIE in California - is an unmitigated disaster. Really bad for the game's positioning in a crowd market, particularly so given that Sony did not delist Anthem even when it was literally bricking base models after launch.

A pity, really, given that for us PC gamers it is quite apparent that CP2077 is a fantastic title.

I think this is just proof of the power EA has that CDPR doesn't. In fact, CDPR probably had a say in this and gave their blessing to delist it, they want our trust back.

Warablo

You have a netrunner on your ass.
No, that's not what I am talking about, it shows up when your about to be hacked. I am talking about how the game automatically goes into combat mode after a hack even though I am nowhere in sight. I think it might be something to do with crit hacks perks.

Last edited:

Komatsu

think this is just proof of the power EA has that CDPR doesn't. In fact, CDPR probably had a say in this and gave their blessing to delist it, they want our trust back.

They did. See my post on the other thread:

Makes one wonder if CDPR was involved in this decision. Anthem was literally bricking consoles upon release and at no point was its removal from PSN ever considered.

*Checks their investor portal*

Oh, there it is - they were involved:

Epfd-F8t-UUAAJv-Y2-format-jpg-name-4096x4096.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F51e4b6eb42c647c95ef0906d6b56ab22.1000x1000x1.jpg

1 PonPon Shit by Namakopuri (Unreleased)
2 Delicate Weapon by Grimes
3 Who’s Ready for Tomorrow by RAT BOY
4 Major Crimes by HEALTH
5 I Really Want to Stay at Your House by Rosa Walton
6 Surprise Me, I’m Surprised Today by Nina Kraviz
7 Hole in the Sun by Raney Shockne (Ft. Conway (Singer) & Cos)
8 History by Gazelle Twin
9 On My Way to Hell by Poloz

Insane deplatforming news aside, volume 2 of Cyberpunk Radio released today and is available on Spotify and similar platforms.

The Grimes track is *chef's kiss*

2AdEPT

my biggest complaint so far is Johnny Silverhand. i don't know what it is but he just fucking pisses me off. I like Keanu but wish he was never hired. I think it'd be better if Johnny was voiced by some nobody and had a different appearance. every time Johnny appears I'm like oh it's Keanu. totally immersion breaking.
For me he is the only thing holding it together..... i cant stand the tone that V uses, both male or female! They both sound like they are trying (unsuccesslly) to sound cool or tough or something....but they are not. These voice actors suck compared to a real actor like Reeves. Sometimes its the writing and I shouldnt blamethe actors but come on! I purposely choose lines that are less aggressive coz any time I do the character Im supposed to be playing comes off as a douche or wanna be tough woman. Geralt was "cool" most of the time at least, but V could be better for sure. Overall the story is great but V is my issue not Johnny...at least so far.
I’m on ps5 and only played up the part where you got to bed (1 hour in)

I stopped for the next gen patch, but I’m free all weekend, so tempted to go for it.

Good experience so far for peeps on ps5?
Absolutely. One or two crashes per night ( I do 8 hours a go) no different than fallout new vegas. Mostly 60 FPS occasionally drops to 40. Otherwise just fine. I actaully had a kick ass PC in 2012 and just kept putting off updating it, so this is second best.

You cant possibly playing this right....only do the missions in watson until you get tougher....you go outside the boundary you will get destroyed...this is the same for everyone. You can get game breaking weapons for free if you search around.......if you want to know where they are...just look up the monowire or mantis blades on you tube. I will be making a video on these two myself soon but having too much fun playing (and destroying) the game on normal difficulty. If you put even minimal points into crafting you can craft a sniper rifle that will shoot the enemy through walls even if they hide behind cover.....take head shot bonuses in your skill tree. You said it yourself you have a pea shooter, but there are lterally a hundred weaons laying around somne of the better than others but many completely unguarded.

Last edited:

Darak

you did none of the gigs? sheesh....40 hrs?

For about 10 hours of those 40 I was doing gigs and wandering around the map doing random question mark missions. In general I found the quality of the filler content to be mediocre.

I was in no rush to finish the game. I didn't use fast travel or skipped a ride (except when I was reloading to repeat a bugged mission) because I enjoyed the city (even when this greatly increases the frequency of crashes on PS5) and I also used stealth in almost every mission, which is obviously slow. When the game reached the 'no turning back' point I still delayed it for a few hours doing more side stuff and I'm sure I could stay at least a dozen or so more, but I was not finding the remaining content compelling enough (I was OP since very early in the game, so loot had little value, for example).

I have 30 hours on PRO and not to accuse you of anything but I can't believe after 90 hours your bugs have been little ones, surely you've fallen through the map, had cars fly into the air, have police spawn inside you or right beside you inside a building, had story NPC's run on air, had traffic reproduce rapidly and then fall through the map, lost control of your keys until you hit pause or at least one of these cause these aren't platform exclusive, they're across all platforms.

I've watched people play this game on PC's 10 times as costly as the PRO and actually have more bugs than me (and I've had a lot, particularly after getting into act 2), namely Pewdiepie and Angry Joe and the former is only rushing the story and he's been plagued even with his SSD. Along with that they have all the jank like texture pop in, not being able to pick up items randomly, overlapping dialogue, loss of control, T posing etc along with many of the ones I mentioned from my time above. One Youtube reviewer had his bare assed character T-pose out the top of his car while he was driving and he was on a 3080, not to mention most of the bugs I mentioned.

What exactly do you consider to be "some stupid bugs", exactly? What's your hardware? SSD? What settings are ya running it at? What version, did you update or stay with an older build? Did you mod? How do you play, are you laid back and methiculous with everything you do at a leisurely speed, walking everywhere, driving, fast travelling etc or did you get into a grind loop and race from goal to goal? Not joshing ya here, I'm simply curious cause 90 hours with minor asset floating bugs seems miraculous. I wanna know how you achieved it.
Never fallen through the map. I've seen cars acting weird, mostly in the Badlands area but it's rare and not game breaking. My encounters with police are rare, I'm a good boy. I know that police AI is non-existing but since I don't mess with them I'm not bothered with it. Traffic works fine but on PC with density set to high sometimes the number of cars gets ridiculous to the point that it's hard to drive from point A to point B. The only "glitch" related to traffic that is annoying is when you're outside of the city and see those low-polly sprites spanning in the distance on otherwise empty road. That works in the city but not on an open highway. Controls are not a problem. I re-mapped some of the keys to better suit my playstyle. I use M+K when on foot and XBOX controller for driving.

I game on 3080 with i7 8700K and 32 GB of RAM. Cyberpunk is installed on NVME drive. I don't know if that makes a difference but when 1.04 patched dropped I un-installed the game and did a fresh install. I'm also using previous version of Nvidia drivers (9/12) as the newest update broke the game for me. I'm not sure if my playstyle contributes to me encountering less bugs than other people. I play exclusively in first person. I never use fast-travel. I drive fast but I'm good at driving games so I rarely bump into other cars or pedestrians.

To me, a T-posing NPC is a very definition of a stupid bugs. I've seen a couple of those. I've also seen bugs compilation videos. This game can defiantly be broken very easily. I think I enjoy it because I'm just playing it and focusing on having fun. YouTubers are focusing on generating drama and click-bait videos. That's the difference.

regawdless

Banned
For an RPG, the shooting feels pretty great actually. I'm only using handguns, going for a Cold Blood Gunslinger build. Popping headshots while running rampant is so much fun. Fast paced rushing and sliding in like a madman, I love it. M+kb of course.

Last edited:
For an RPG, the shooting feels pretty great actually. I'm only using handguns, going for a Cold Blood Gunslinger build. Popping headshots while running rampant is so much fun. Fast past rushing and sliding in like a madman, I love it. M+kb of course.

Shooting is better than Far Cry games for me. Don't care what anyone thinks of that, as much as I love Far Cry I always found the shooting sortof lackluster, there just isn't enough oomph, not just in gun sound but in how enemies react to being shot.

Ivory Blood

Shooting is better than Far Cry games for me. Don't care what anyone thinks of that, as much as I love Far Cry I always found the shooting sortof lackluster, there just isn't enough oomph, not just in gun sound but in how enemies react to being shot.
Shooting in cyberpunk is really great, all the guns feel, sound, handle and animate way above most real shooters on the market.

regawdless

Banned
The city feels vibrant and the tons of NPCs are impressive, it gets really crowded.

But am I'm the only one who thinks they move really badly? They look very stiff and it instantly takes you out of the immersion.

SJRB

Gold Member
The city feels vibrant and the tons of NPCs are impressive, it gets really crowded.

But am I'm the only one who thinks they move really badly? They look very stiff and it instantly takes you out of the immersion.
It's not the animations per se, but the fact that they're all 100% on a predetermined rail without any AI whatsoever. They just walk a straight line and when they encounter an obstacle they literally turn around and walk back the way they came.

Unless they walk against your car, because then they just instantly die.

The amount of NPCs is impressive yeah, but it's just windowdressing. There's no interactivity or any dynamics whatsoever and feels like something out of GTA 3 [yes, GTA 3].

Cyberpunkd

Can you recommend Performance or Quality mode on the XSX? I was playing a few hours in Performance Mode but was wondering whether the graphical difference and the world interactivity is really that much different with 30fps?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Finished the game: easily game of the year for me. Towards the end I wasn't getting marred with immersion breaking bugs (still had the loot bug till the end though) and the experience I had was exactly as I imagine CDPR wanted it to be.

I got the ending I imagine most people will get if they are just playing the game trying to see everything there is to see without worrying what kind of result they will get at the end. And I think it is a fine ending. Will finish up the outstanding character quests (as there is still stuff from trailers I've never seen - like who the hell is Dizzy Lizzy) after letting the game marinate for awhile.

. . .shame they didn't just release this on current gen hardware and PC and spend a few more months ironing out the kinks; game deserved it.

Top Bottom