• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

YoodlePro

Hello Cyberpunk GAF.

I come to you with a question. The state of the game has kind of left me in an awkward position.

I was going to wait to buy the game next year when the PS5 patch lands and play it on PS5, however, I'm getting that new game itch and I don't want to wait.
This led me to say, hey I'm gonna play it on my PC. So PC GAF I need your opinion.
My station hasn't been upgraded in a few years, but, do you think I'll be able to get out better visuals than the current version running on PS5?

GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 970 (with a small OC)
CPU: i5 4460 3.2GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Hello Cyberpunk GAF.

I come to you with a question. The state of the game has kind of left me in an awkward position.

I was going to wait to buy the game next year when the PS5 patch lands and play it on PS5, however, I'm getting that new game itch and I don't want to wait.
This led me to say, hey I'm gonna play it on my PC. So PC GAF I need your opinion.
My station hasn't been upgraded in a few years, but, do you think I'll be able to get out better visuals than the current version running on PS5?

You're a little low for it, honestly. Would you at least be playing on an SSD?

WindomURL

This game. Playing on pc with an i7+980ti, and it runs fine with most stuff on high, with a few minor hiccups now and then. Minus the fancypants rtx stuff, naturally. Plenty of hilarious oddities and mostly harmless bugs and in 70+ hours it's crashed once, but it's simply fantastic. Reflex, tech, intelligence focused build with enough cool thrown in for sneaks and hard difficulty from the start. Getting a foothold was damn tough, but once I was able to get going... it's incredible. Just bought a caliburn and flying though the streets is SO SO good. I fast travel less now.

if they're able to match the quality of witcher3's dlc's, this will be an all time for me, easy. Too bad about all the controversy on the ps side of things, though.

Warablo

If they could somehow make Side Gigs infinite without repeating too much, I could live out my Cyberpunk life. Add some more role playing elements. It would be great. This game gets good once you figure out what build your going for and invest heavily.
Hello Cyberpunk GAF.

Think my buddy has a 980 and only gets like 16-20 frames. He doesn't play it. This game really needs DLSS to run at decent frames. Running a 2060S on ultra, no RT, DLSS quality, 1440p at around 55-70 frames. I'd honestly just wait for the next-gen upgrade for the PS5 or just play it now on the PS5.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't get the point of purchasing cars in a game about cyber thief...
I don't get gigs....
So much filler and side crap. But I do enjoy the main story and some side quests

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The Delamain quest was hilarious.
Beep Beep Motherfucker!
Also learned that there is a Delamain cognac.

Are you walking to the Afterlife, punk? Gotta roll in with style!
Yeah Delamain quest was fun.
I just steal the cars I want with 8 force :p

YoodlePro

If they could somehow make Side Gigs infinite without repeating too much, I could live out my Cyberpunk life. Add some more role playing elements. It would be great. This game gets good once you figure out what build your going for and invest heavily.

Think my buddy has a 980 and only gets like 16-20 frames. He doesn't play it. This game really needs DLSS to run at decent frames. Running a 2060S on ultra, no RT, DLSS quality, 1440p at around 55-70 frames. I'd honestly just wait for the next-gen upgrade for the PS5 or just play it now on the PS5.
Wow Really? but is that at like ultra settings?

I was thinking of playing in 1080p medium settings or something.

klosos

50+ Hours in so far love it my personal GOTY , I have not even met the Voodoo boys yet, just taking in the sights and sounds. Some of the Side quests are fantastic and go to some really dark places.

Shame i wanted my lesbo Vee to romance Panam (best Girl), but Panam don't like a women with a dick so she's sexist or transphobic or some kind of ist.

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
YO the text is SO SMALL the subtitles are okay but the HUD and dialogue overhead is so small..

Playing on a 1080p TV on a XSX if it matters..

Anyone else got this problem?
Increase subtitle size in settings? I did afair, was a bit small on my TV.

Ivory Blood

Has anyone seen this ad anywhere on the streets? I'm curious, cause every other ad is repeated multiple times, but I can't for the life of me remember seeing this one. NSFW.

01uRLTD.png

Brute

GOTY 2020 for me. Series X. Quality Mode.

Minor bugs. A reload fixes it every time - I’ve had to do that 3 times in 20-25 hours.

Cant stop thinking about the game when I’m not playing it - or talking about it with friends who also love it.

The world, characters, quest lines -so good.

GOTY 2020 for me. Series X. Quality Mode.

Minor bugs. A reload fixes it every time - I’ve had to do that 3 times in 20-25 hours.

Cant stop thinking about the game when I’m not playing it - or talking about it with friends who also love it.

Exactly the same. 40 odd hours in and its crashed on me twice and I;ve had some textures not loading in but it has been rare.

It looks beautiful, it runs really well in Quality Mode and even the crowd numbers are high.

On PS4 and Xbox One I can imagine its grim but then I played through Skyrim on the PS4 with its 10fps game save memory bug and a bug that instakilled you if you went in the water

evanft

The thing about this game that gets lost in the discussions is just how fucking FUN the gameplay actually is. I spent like 20 hours just running around doing side jobs and crimes because getting into an area and killing a bunch of dudes is so damn satisfying. And it's fun no matter what method you use. Electro-shock shotgun? Awesome. Mantis blades? RIP AND TEAR. Picking them off slowly with a silenced revolver? 007 that shit son.

DOUBLE JUMP THO OMG.

EDIT: OH ALMOST FORGOT. I just took the ride with Dex. That entire car ride is basically a demo for RTX. The lighting, reflections, and shadows are just UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO GOOOOOOOOOD. And then I went to talk to Evelyn and EVEN MORE AMAZING SHIT FUCK.

I also did the draw distance tweak that's on Nexus Mods. Definitely cleans up some of the pop in issues. Highly recommended if you've got the horsepower for it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Lol my hacker build is becoming kinda ridicolous, i can oneshot every low level goon with the burning hack and with the perk for critics on hacking i do ridicolous damage with the single shot one (3000-4000 if i'm lucky)

Also the contagion one is incredible against groups.

Hacking in this game is basically cheating.

And now i have the money to buy the legs for the double jump 🕺

Last edited:

Loostreaks

I am about 45 hours in and thoroughly enjoying my time with the game.

My single biggest complaint is the excessive amount of side content where there is no choice given to amicably end an encounter. It feels like more often than not I am being sent in to homes and offices, and the named person in the location is aggro from the very start. There is no way to approach them and have a conversation, try to rectify the situation, talk them in to surrender, possibly even side with them. I wish there were more opportunities to do this, and while I appreciate that there are copious amounts of options available to taking out said person, I wish I could use dialogue more often.
You mean when it comes to side gigs? Maybe I've done different content, but I have exact opposite experience: it's almost too easy to talk them into ( would've preferred bit more depth with dialogue options, based on character attributes: intimidate/Body, persuade/Cool, reason/Intelligence)

I am. Prob around 30-40 hours in. Haven’t had any crashes since Sunday and I’ve been playing daily. The only bug I’m getting now is when my settings have been reset upon starting up and even that doesn’t happen every time.

That sounds promising. I played Witcher 3 day one and it became my favorite RPG so i dont even remember the glitches yet people say it was full of them from the start. Im assuming CP2077 has way more but yeah as long as the Pro isnt too handicapped like the base consoles im fine with that.

zkorejo

That sounds promising. I played Witcher 3 day one and it became my favorite RPG so i dont even remember the glitches yet people say it was full of them from the start. Im assuming CP2077 has way more but yeah as long as the Pro isnt too handicapped like the base consoles im fine with that.
I'm not sure but I read somewhere pro and ps5 has the same game performance. So you should be good.

zkorejo

We really need a barber/plastic surgeon update, so V could change looks while progressing through the story. Eh, I guess it will come sooner or later, after they are finished with consoles.

h0MLaDA.png
Yeah it's a shame it will take a long time for it to happen. Big patches to fix are till Feb. Anything extra will make it after that I'm assuming. I will be done with the game by then.

Brute

Yeah it's a shame it will take a long time for it to happen. Big patches to fix are till Feb. Anything extra will make it after that I'm assuming. I will be done with the game by then.
This is where I am. I considered waiting for the big updates and play something else in the meantime but I've invested too much time in the story now to just give up and go back. Plus I've got loads of other games I'm dying to play.

mr.dilya

Banned
I thought his voice was pretty good. To me he seemed like a kid who doesn't know left from right around night city, just getting started off in this merc business who gets caught up in all this bullshit with the biochip. Never considered him to be like some veteran gun for hire. At least that is the impression I got playing the game and watching the trailers before hand.

Nah V's voice sucks. Dude sounds like Luke Perry, or like some suburban white dude trying to play a big city tough guy/city slicker. Fuck outta here.

These types of games where you create your own character need silent pro's.

John2290

Never fallen through the map. I've seen cars acting weird, mostly in the Badlands area but it's rare and not game breaking. My encounters with police are rare, I'm a good boy. I know that police AI is non-existing but since I don't mess with them I'm not bothered with it. Traffic works fine but on PC with density set to high sometimes the number of cars gets ridiculous to the point that it's hard to drive from point A to point B. The only "glitch" related to traffic that is annoying is when you're outside of the city and see those low-polly sprites spanning in the distance on otherwise empty road. That works in the city but not on an open highway. Controls are not a problem. I re-mapped some of the keys to better suit my playstyle. I use M+K when on foot and XBOX controller for driving.

I game on 3080 with i7 8700K and 32 GB of RAM. Cyberpunk is installed on NVME drive. I don't know if that makes a difference but when 1.04 patched dropped I un-installed the game and did a fresh install. I'm also using previous version of Nvidia drivers (9/12) as the newest update broke the game for me. I'm not sure if my playstyle contributes to me encountering less bugs than other people. I play exclusively in first person. I never use fast-travel. I drive fast but I'm good at driving games so I rarely bump into other cars or pedestrians.

To me, a T-posing NPC is a very definition of a stupid bugs. I've seen a couple of those. I've also seen bugs compilation videos. This game can defiantly be broken very easily. I think I enjoy it because I'm just playing it and focusing on having fun. YouTubers are focusing on generating drama and click-bait videos. That's the difference.
Regarding the cars, that's not anything to do with settings. The car and NPC population is supposedly set to low on PRO but sometimes they populate to ridiculous degrees like you mentioned. In the city it's bad if you stay in one place to long or block the road but I have one video recorded where they just started multiplying in the badlands and wouldn't stop, then fell through the map. There's a mission with a certain man and his royal jewels I had to restart five times cause it glitched in some way or another each time and the mission uses a crowd of midget gang memeber, NPC's to block your way on the road, the fifth time I finally gave up cause they started multiplying all over the place, look left, look right look behind NPC's all over the place and this happens quite often when leaving V's complex in that central area as if the NPC high count just got switched to ultra and then some.

You're lucky though, the 3080 seems to be the card to go with along with an SSD and you definitely need a new i7, for this game but regardless of cards some people get unlucky even if they have a 3090 not to mention the poor, poor bastards with AMD cards even if they are 20 series equivalent. Enjoy the game, I know it's so very good underneath the jank and I'm happy to see some people have a tidy and clean time with it.

JonkyDonk

Whenever I sit down with this game and do a proper mission and really dig into more about the characters and story, I'm really enjoying it. But then I'm back in the open world, and suddenly I have to deal with the terrible framerate, struggle with shitty driving, and look at my map for a while trying to figure which one of the thousands of icons is something worthwhile or even doable at my level. It really takes the shine off the experience. I almost wish getting around in this world was on rails, like you would just get into an automated car, maybe a flying one even, and it would take the scenic route to your next mission. That way the player could still appreciate the atmosphere of being in a big cohesive world without it actually having to be an open world game and all the problems that come with it.

John2290

Nah V's voice sucks. Dude sounds like Luke Perry, or like some suburban white dude trying to play a big city tough guy/city slicker. Fuck outta here.

These types of games where you create your own character need silent pro's.
In his defense he had to play a hill billy turned gangster and a mega rich suit and somewhere in between all at once. It's CDPR's fault for being too ambitious and not meeting that ambition by bringing on three voice actors. I think he done a damn decent job of balancing his role. Keanu is where the VA falls apart in this game, most everyone else seems to be great apart from that inner city fixer that auto calls you and a few other minor characters like Alanah Pierce but I'm pretty sure she said she had to literally phone it in cause of the pandemic.

John2290

Whenever I sit down with this game and do a proper mission and really dig into more about the characters and story, I'm really enjoying it. But then I'm back in the open world, and suddenly I have to deal with the terrible framerate, struggle with shitty driving, and look at my map for a while trying to figure which one of the thousands of icons is something worthwhile or even doable at my level. It really takes the shine off the experience. I almost wish getting around in this world was on rails, like you would just get into an automated car, maybe a flying one even, and it would take the scenic route to your next mission. That way the player could still appreciate the atmosphere of being in a big cohesive world without it actually having to be an open world game and all the problems that come with it.
Yep, that's the damn problem. If they can make the open world work, even if they have to close off buildings into separate instances the game would feel much more smooth going from the epic quests and side quests to the pityful traversal and minor activities that rely on anything else than pure story.

harmny

Banned

easy. you can just fast travel and do the main quest. pretend everything else doesn't exist. when you finish a mission find the closest fast travel point

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
In his defense he had to play a hill billy turned gangster and a mega rich suit and somewhere in between all at once. It's CDPR's fault for being too ambitious and not meeting that ambition by bringing on three voice actors. I think he done a damn decent job of balancing his role. Keanu is where the VA falls apart in this game, most everyone else seems to be great apart from that inner city fixer that auto calls you and a few other minor characters like Alanah Pierce but I'm pretty sure she said she had to literally phone it in cause of the pandemic.

I actually think the opposite. I like Johnny's voice and delivery and enjoy the witty shit he says in the midst of tense situations.

Fess

Yeah this is me as well, I’m at the point where I’m thinking some critics are simply baiting for clicks, I just can’t see how you can come away from some of these quests thinking it’s a 7 or even 6/10. Everything about the heist was masterfully crafted. The slow start, the suberb cutscenes and suspense in the middle, and the action heavy part afterwards plus the crazy ending. At the start I was doing 100% stealth, slow and careful, by the end I was out of ammo except for a shotgun and katana and started rushing up to enemies and finish them off in full offensive mode instead and it was just glorious from beginning to end.
How can you review this game on PC and give it a 6/10?? Going by my first 15+ hours I would be embarrassed to even go as low as an 8.
GOTY

JonkyDonk

easy. you can just fast travel and do the main quest. pretend everything else doesn't exist. when you finish a mission find the closest fast travel point
Yeh I know, but that way I'm skipping so much of the experience, not taking in much atmosphere from the city. I think it's important for the city to always feel vast and alive, but I also think they could have achieved it in a more controlled way that avoided a lot of the jank and performance issues that the game currently has. I'm basically thinking what if there were smaller open areas like in Deus Ex but seamlessly connected together with really great looking travel sequences, so you never see a loading screen, and instead sit in a car looking out the window at the city whilst you maybe talk to an NPC or read stuff or do inventory management or whatever.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
So has everyone who has done the Sinnerman quest have Wakako just standing around doing nothing when she was supposed to give out details about the gig?

Like there’s around 15 seconds of silence where she’s supposed to talk but she doesn’t for some reason.

I mean it doesn’t break the quest or anything but I kinda want to know the details of the gig at least. Basic gigs have the fixer text you the details but for this one it doesn’t so I don‘t really know what I’m getting into. Kinda breaks immersion a bit.

TheContact

I really love this game. The voice acting is so good, the story is engaging and the atmosphere sucks you right into the world. I'm really lucky I haven't ran into any major glitches (PC) but I'm only about 10 hours in.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I'm playing performance mode but quality mode is better than i expected after the patch on XSX.

This game is just amazing the attention to detail is outstanding, half the time I'm just walking around admiring the work the devs have put in.

Did the money glitch bought some mods, this game is just amazing I can't wait for the future updates

Moriah20

Yeah this is me as well, I’m at the point where I’m thinking some critics are simply baiting for clicks, I just can’t see how you can come away from some of these quests thinking it’s a 7 or even 6/10. Everything about the heist was masterfully crafted. The slow start, the suberb cutscenes and suspense in the middle, and the action heavy part afterwards plus the crazy ending. At the start I was doing 100% stealth, slow and careful, by the end I was out of ammo except for a shotgun and katana and started rushing up to enemies and finish them off in full offensive mode instead and it was just glorious from beginning to end.
How can you review this game on PC and give it a 6/10?? Going by my first 15+ hours I would be embarrassed to even go as low as an 8.
GOTY

I don't understand why it would be embarassing to rate this game lower than 8. I finished it. It has masterfully crafted quests, cutscenes and great writing. Some of the side jobs are really good too. If it was better polished, I'd probably consider it a 9.
But... the game also has a metric ton of small, but annoying issues. The open world stuff has been talked to death but it really is very annoying how dumb / lacking the AI is, or how little there is to do in it outside questing. Not even a single minigame. No barber, no plastic surgery. You can't even mod / customize your car, I mean cmon.. cops can't even get in a car to chase you. I actually don't *need* this game to be the next GTA or anything, but it'd nice to at least have something on the level of TW3 at least.

As well the quests are designed, it feels like outside of the maelstrom quest and the final quest, there's very little variance - mostly inconseqential - which feels like wasted potential, because cdpr hyped up the lifepaths so much. They're like, 30 mins each, and outside of a few convo options and a very few select scenarios, there's really fuck all effect on anything.

And the gameplay has plenty of small issues too. The perks are super boring, respec is a joke (100k for it, and you cant even refund attribute points), there's way too much loot spam, 95% of them are pointless and just slow the game down, hacking is wayyyyy too OP, once you figure it out it breaks the game in a way that makes you wonder if they even playtested it, stealth AI is terrible.. and I'm sure there's other stuff but you get the idea.

Now, not all of these things will pose an issue to everyone, but personally, i could easily see why someone would rate it lower than 8, although looking at the PC score... the game is sitting at 87/100 on metacritic, so I'm not even sure what on earth you're even complaining about ,that's a very high score for an unpolished game. Even bethesda stopped getting free passes from journalists for bugs and jank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom