• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

scalman

cDj69ht.png

parkour between roofs
ZOjlhsP.png

they give upgraded hands and blades but why not legs ? or they add that later in game maybe, and falling from heights should be lower with upgraded legs no? moding clothes is weird, from one side its very good as you can double armor of that cloth with armor mod, but then maybe in 5 min i will find new one and again new and again so i dont want to change because i have mod put on that older one, because i cant remove them i can just craft them so i lost lots better mods because i just like to change clothes all time. so maybe just not mod them at all or smt. not that it helps you again electric granades or weapons agains enemies, you just die still no matter mod or no mod on your pants or jacket. so its kinda tempting to mod everything , or buy like upgraded implants hand and legs but from other hand it doesnt add that much lets say epic hands vs legendary hands with blades are so not worth it at all but they cost so much for price they should be like double damage double speed and such , but they not

Fess

I don't understand why it would be embarassing to rate this game lower than 8. I finished it. It has masterfully crafted quests, cutscenes and great writing. Some of the side jobs are really good too. If it was better polished, I'd probably consider it a 9.
But... the game also has a metric ton of small, but annoying issues. The open world stuff has been talked to death but it really is very annoying how dumb / lacking the AI is, or how little there is to do in it outside questing. Not even a single minigame. No barber, no plastic surgery. You can't even mod / customize your car, I mean cmon.. cops can't even get in a car to chase you. I actually don't *need* this game to be the next GTA or anything, but it'd nice to at least have something on the level of TW3 at least.

As well the quests are designed, it feels like outside of the maelstrom quest and the final quest, there's very little variance - mostly inconseqential - which feels like wasted potential, because cdpr hyped up the lifepaths so much. They're like, 30 mins each, and outside of a few convo options and a very few select scenarios, there's really fuck all effect on anything.

And the gameplay has plenty of small issues too. The perks are super boring, respec is a joke (100k for it, and you cant even refund attribute points), there's way too much loot spam, 95% of them are pointless and just slow the game down, hacking is wayyyyy too OP, once you figure it out it breaks the game in a way that makes you wonder if they even playtested it, stealth AI is terrible.. and I'm sure there's other stuff but you get the idea.

Now, not all of these things will pose an issue to everyone, but personally, i could easily see why someone would rate it lower than 8, although looking at the PC score... the game is sitting at 87/100 on metacritic, so I'm not even sure what on earth you're even complaining about ,that's a very high score for an unpolished game. Even bethesda stopped getting free passes from journalists for bugs and jank.
I’m not complaining about the metascore, it’s solid, and I’m not saying the game is perfect. I simply love what I’ve seen so far. It certainly has issues even on PC but the more I play the more I struggle to understand the really low scores, maybe the day 1 patch fixed a lot of things that some reviews focused on I don’t know. For me it’s simple, while it has issues some things are so unbelievably good that the sum of it all still makes me think it’s a masterpiece. Haven’t been this blown away by a game since RDR2 and BOTW, also masterpieces with issues.

The thing I’m most disappointed at is the limited body options when you create a character. One body type. Eh? That’s barely even worth calling a character creator imo. Fortunately it’s first person so while it’s annoying it’s not breaking the game.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
so apparently the
psycho woman from the original teaser
is in the game but not much seems to be done with her. just a small appearance and mention. i wish she had her own quest.

her name is
Melissa Rory

3cn6om9cjt461.png

Last edited by a moderator:

scalman

doing all these blue missions ive been saving up a bunch of money. time to get that new pair of legs!
yes do it . me made another 300k from loot in some 4hrs maybe doing just blue and yellow sides.
850ff03095c99048708074cb1b3a3615.gif

and yes npc sometimes making missions impossible, like i need take body and put it in fixers car .. ok i take body carry it in street and there i see that fixers car smashed to my car that i left there and its lifted almost standing on side... yh thanks man... need to restart that . so dont park your car near mission area though it can do stuff like that.
my car on right, fixers car came out to take body that i shouldd carry and put into car.. yeh ok good driving mate
gzuRzkS.png

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Just by random virtue of the quests I've been doing, the last two nights of play I've barely seen any combat. Just talking talking talking, drive here and talk to someone else, investigate a BD, investigate a crime scene, talking driving talking talking. It's getting old, I guess I need to find some gigs or roam the city looking for criminal hotspots because I'm getting sick of conversation, I just wanna shoot a bunch of dudes in the head and gather their sweet loot.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Just by random virtue of the quests I've been doing, the last two nights of play I've barely seen any combat. Just talking talking talking, drive here and talk to someone else, investigate a BD, investigate a crime scene, talking driving talking talking. It's getting old, I guess I need to find some gigs or roam the city looking for criminal hotspots because I'm getting sick of conversation, I just wanna shoot a bunch of dudes in the head and gather their sweet loot.

How far into the game are you? at one point your phone doesn't stop blowing up

Fess

yeah honestly the first person thing makes changing the character entirely pointless. in 21 hours of play i might have seen my character in a mirror once.
I’ve done it a couple of times, and it can be quite hilarious. One time I came to the appartment and went to the mirror I was buck naked, and smooth as a castrated Barbie doll as well, and I have no idea how long I had been streaking around like that.
Another time was during the heist when meeting Dex, and then my long curly rocker hair was gone and I was bald, still had my big beard though so I looked like a hippie Kratos.
😋

Just had an issue Act II minor spoiler
despite sleeping in a separate hotel room from Panam on a different floor and side of the hotel she still has dialogue about how you yelled in your sleep. These kind of oversights bug me more than well... actual bugs

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally gave up and uninstalled it. There's better things to do with my time than this.

bakedpony

Hopefully the poor devs get a win from this shitshow. A mass exodus would be great, if they have somehwere to transfer to. I imagine a sequel to CP2077 might not be happening anytime soon

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the poor devs get a win from this shitshow. A mass exodus would be great, if they have somehwere to transfer to. I imagine a sequel to CP2077 might not be happening anytime soon

CDPR still seems like a pretty neat studio to work at, especially if you like that area of Europe.

I'm sure they will come out of this OK in the end and hopefully with a renewed focus on providing good experiences for players.

I sure would love to read a tell-all book that goes into detail about how the decision was made to release the PS4 and XBO versions in the state they are.

Tahj

As I haven't really messed too much w/ crafting, curious if you can bump an item up to another tier (rare to epic for ex) via upgrading? Or just find the tier schematic & do it that way?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
As I haven't really messed too much w/ crafting, curious if you can bump an item up to another tier (rare to epic for ex) via upgrading? Or just find the tier schematic & do it that way?

I think you can only "upgrade" to a higher tier. Upgrading just increases the stats of the item, but doesn't change the item to something else.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Playing this game is like listening to a great album but the record or CD constantly skips.
nah not if you're playing on PC.

last gen consoles = there is little hope that it will ever run well. that's what you get when you try to run a game of this scale on 7 year old hardware.

current gen consoles = currently brute forcing last gen versions of the game. once it gets the "next gen" update it will be just fine.

PC = the game is obviously designed for PC first and foremost. you want the best experience? get it on PC. the game has been running flawlessly since launch.

Nah whats gross is upper management pushing for unrealistic deadlines at the expense of the poor devs.

Nah, what's imbecile is wanting a AAA developer to crash and burn, just so your day can get exciting.

If Devs don't like it there, what do you know? They can quit. And definitely some should. Being Jason's Deep Throat for years in a row might be an indication you don't really like the place and the place is not for you. Paid Crunch is not illegal in Poland. It is entirely, entirely in the provision of upper management to call for mandatory crunch. It doesn't mean it was a wise decision. But it does mean it is a legitimate decision, though.

If this or that developer really can't stand upper malmanagement, who includes two top individual share holders, who's there because the rightful owners want it so, who's there because the only people with legitimacy want it so, if this or that developer can't stand upper management, if they've tried to reason with upper management and it didn't work,

The door is that way.

Developers work for CDPR. Developers do not own CDPR. Upper management are the ones in charge. Management gets to make the decisions. If things go south, which they definitely have, management are the ones to blame. No one else.

But even when manure has hit the fan, it's still the job of upper management to manage the company the way they see fit. Don't like it? Try to talk to them. Didn't work?

Hit the road.

It's not your company for you to manage.

Last edited:

Cherrypepsi

anyone else thinks the looting system is really messy?

I'm picking up items, weapons, clothes, etc. and often I have no idea what I picked up because it's way too fast and not always clear.
Then I'm looking for the weapon and can't find it, it's so easy to overlook your favorites and delete them!

nightmare-slain

Gold Member

I'm picking up items, weapons, clothes, etc. and often I have no idea what I picked up because it's way too fast and not always clear.
Then I'm looking for the weapon and can't find it, it's so easy to overlook your favorites and delete them!
it is a mess but it'll be improved. look at Witcher 3...that got a complete UI/Inventory/Skill Tree overhaul around the time Blood & Wine came out.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
its pretty simple. you can stop for a second and read what something is before picking it up. failing that, they show up on the left side of the screen if you get anything. failing that, you can go to the inventory and everything is there in tabs. it's very standard.

if you are deleting your weapons before looking at them, it sounds like a problem with how you are using menus. it sounds like you are doing everything without looking or something. if you want to know what you are picking up, take a second to read what it is before picking it up. if you are deleting things you need, i don't understand how this is the game's fault. i don't know how you could delete something without clicking on it and seeing the name and a picture of what it is. how exactly is that messy? idgi sounds like user error.

Last edited:

Woggleman

nah not if you're playing on PC.

last gen consoles = there is little hope that it will ever run well. that's what you get when you try to run a game of this scale on 7 year old hardware.

current gen consoles = currently brute forcing last gen versions of the game. once it gets the "next gen" update it will be just fine.

PC = the game is obviously designed for PC first and foremost. you want the best experience? get it on PC. the game has been running flawlessly since launch.
Maybe so but a game should not be released on a platform where it is not playable. At least it was somewhat playable for me on the One X but that is much more powerful than the base console and I ran off of an SSD. I should not have to do that to make a game run decently. If they simply canceled the last gen versions and released it on current gen and PC I would respect it.

Had a great time tonight. Finished up Panam’s quest line and took her sweet ass to bone town, did some of River Ward’s and quests and some other random quests before and after.

Having an absolute blast with the game. Glad I opted for it on XSX over PS5 as it looks great in quality mode and I haven’t had a single crash yet while my friends (and people on other forums I frequent) playing on PS5 have had a bunch. I’ve had to reload saves a couple times due to bugs, but no hard crashes and really just some occasional graphical and audio glitches.

Same, incredible experience on S|X, not a single damn thing I have to complain here about, besides for the obvious little bugs here n there.

For me, CyberPunk is GOAT 🐐 material, not up for debate. Deep character interaction, emotional, amazingly written story, stunningly gorgeous looking Night City..just mind blown.

Cherrypepsi

its pretty simple. you can stop for a second and read what something is before picking it up. failing that, they show up on the left side of the screen if you get anything. failing that, you can go to the inventory and everything is there in tabs. it's very standard.

if you are deleting your weapons before looking at them, it sounds like a problem with how you are using menus. it sounds like you are doing everything without looking or something. if you want to know what you are picking up, take a second to read what it is before picking it up. if you are deleting things you need, i don't understand how this is the game's fault. i don't know how you could delete something without clicking on it and seeing the name and a picture of what it is. how exactly is that messy? idgi sounds like user error.

I disagree.

user error, haha.

I can't remember a game right now where it was this confusing.
Then guns have the same name with a different rarity level, and you keep searching for the one you upgraded

then you rank them by quality, but that just means by their rarity level, instead of giving me the piece with the highest armor number for example, so I have to go through them manually and see which one gives me the best upgrade.

Destiny is a good example for a well designed looting system. you pick up loot, it pops up on the screen and then you have a highlight in your menu that tells you exactly what you got.

Also my the final mission was supposed to give me loot and cyberware, but there was nothing in my inventory, checking reddit there are hundreds of people with the same problem.

All the upgrades I got along the path of the final mission have disappeared.

I disagree.

user error, haha.

Then guns have the same name with a different rarity level, and you keep searching for the one you upgraded

then you rank them by quality, but that just means by their rarity level, instead of giving me the piece with the highest armor number for example, so I have to go through them manually and see which one gives me the best upgrade.

Destiny is a good example for a well designed looting system. you pick up loot, it pops up on the screen and then you have a highlight in your menu that tells you exactly what you got.

Also my the final mission was supposed to give me loot and cyberware, but there was nothing in my inventory, checking reddit there are hundreds of people with the same problem.

All the upgrades I got along the path of the final mission have disappeared.
If you go into your backpack, stuff you haven't highlighted before will have new in the top corner.

Moogle11

Banned
Maybe so but a game should not be released on a platform where it is not playable. At least it was somewhat playable for me on the One X but that is much more powerful than the base console and I ran off of an SSD. I should not have to do that to make a game run decently. If they simply canceled the last gen versions and released it on current gen and PC I would respect it.

It's just a problem with developing a huge AAA game that takes years and has a ginormous budget. It really needed to hit late in a console generation with a huge install base in place for it to sell enough copies to hit the profit targets they presumably promised investors. Selling to a tiny next gen base at the start of a new generation and PC gamers probably didn't offer enough potential sales to generate the short-term return on investment those folks were expecting and getting antsy for after multiple delays.

It's just a case of dumb management where they got into multi-year development hell and a skyrocketing budget that needed a fuck ton of sales to hit their profit targets, while also not reigning in the scope of the game to make sure it would run well on the PS4 and X1 with their huge install base that was key to selling those copies. First party console studios are really the only ones with the luxury to take that kind of time and budget to achieve their vision and the platform holders are willing to eat some profits to have amazing system seller games to move consoles and get people locked into their ecosystems and subscription services. As a third party, especially an independent one, they have to make tradeoffs between their vision and getting it running on enough platforms to hit the sales numbers needed to achieve their profit targets and they seem to have botched that. Will probably be ok longterm as the game should have legs and sell more when the next gen upgrade is out, I imagine the MP in a year or two will have monetization etc. But I imagine investors will be more wary of funding Witcher 4 or whatever than they would have been if they'd handled this better.

In any case, moot for me as it runs mostly fine on XSX and I'm having a blast with it and the game will only get better with updates and the eventual next gen upgrade. Their profit margins aren't my concern and they aren't going under or anything even if they miss their targets given future revenue the game will make, as well as their other titles, GOG etc.

Night.Ninja

Banned

At first I was like this but now I just loot what I need, before I would pick up everything to sell for money but since I've done the money glitch I don't need to pick up everything I see.

Loostreaks

So explain it to us non-corporats, what happens to upper management in this case? There has to be some kind of drastical change for CDPR, from now on. If you know their history, this was bound to happen, sooner or later.
And a case of poor communication on their part: most people still think this game was in active development for 8 years.

They should've made non levelled itemization and for UI something like this:

9e005c894967ffccfa562f4362a1847b-320-80.jpg

Then use variety of weapon mods to modify them with additional effects like adding fire damage, etc.

You'd think after all this time, rpg devs would've figured this out.

NodeofRanvier

Neo Member
Finally saw the end of the story ,after doing a ton of side stuff and getting bored of them. Feels like for every 5 of the side icons or assault in progress things they have they should've got rid of them and made 1 that was better and more involved. Wanted to go for the platinum but getting around the city to these million icons is annoying. Hopefully for the native ps5 version they have the activity cards work like they do for spider man, and you can just instantly warp to, and start the side activities.

Had a lot of small bugs like most, and the majority were minor annoyances, but all the crashing was just too much. Looked at my ps5 error history and I had 26 crashes in my 55 hours.

Still really loved the game and hope they can fix the problems quickly. The main missions and higher quality side missions were great.

Found a legit way of making 10k and tons of components, early in act 2. Will probably make a legit video on it once those money and duplicate exploits are patched.

Also found a huge dildo on the bed after one of those romances that does massive damage. Would be better if Mantis Blade wasn't able to be gotten free.

I wish there wasn't a bug getting the money off the shard early in the game, it needs to be fixed with a patch.

I'm on my second playthough to 100% the game and I'm starting to catch on details I've missed on my first run. Its a shame that only a few player choices makes a difference to what happens in the game.

The game is still a solid 6/10-7/10 for me

Loostreaks

Finally saw the end of the story ,after doing a ton of side stuff and getting bored of them. Feels like for every 5 of the side icons or assault in progress things they have they should've got rid of them and made 1 that was better and more involved.
You mean "blue ones"/NCPD? I'm ignoring those, they seem some kind of variation of "clear area of thugs". Is there any point of doing them? ( except for XP/money gain)
They really should've removed them from world map and let player discover them naturally.
I'm still playing side gigs you get from fixers, really enjoying those: nothing too complex, but some are funny, have an interesting mini story or character, or offer a lot of options how to handle them.
Did one recently, trying to track down a cop in hiding: small side mission but it had more different routes than most full blown quests in majority of rpgs.

BeardGawd

Banned
Game has disappointments to be sure. NPCs have barely any lines and the interactivity of the world (outside quests) leaves a bit to be desired. But then I start to think about the monumental amount of writing and work that would require for hundreds (probably thousands) of these unimportant npcs to have multiple lines and AI routines. I think CDPR did the correct thing by focusing on the main characters.

So far this game has been absolutely amazing on XSX. I don't want to speak prematurely but this has the potential to be my GOTG. The setting, writing and atmosphere are just second to none.

I've asked several real life friends with various consoles and not a single one has had more than 1 or 2 bugs present themselves. I really think social media has become a toxic echo chamber where you get more likes, retweets, etc... from posting negative information. I've seen playthroughs where people are actually trying to make the game break instead of playing it how they normally would just to get more views.

I hope the performance issues are shored up on last gen and CDPR can somehow salvage this into a redemption story because Cyberpunk truly deserves it.

perkelson

Saw some comments about the stealth being underbaked, but I'm not really finding that to be the case? And the last game I played through was Dishonored on a pure stealth run.

Someone: "Stealth is undercooked"
Me: "So did you save every 10 seconds ?"
Someone: "sweats profusely...."

It could be better but in my playtrough as stealth netrunner i plenty was spotted. What i like about it is that especially later it starts to play like MGS5 with how you aproach bases etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom