• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

SJRB

Gold Member
You know shit is fucked when even patch notes talk about "major quest issues".

Still nothing on PC though.

cebri.one

Yeah it runs at 5ghz. But it's delid and always stays under 75C. Even survives Prime95 without any issues.

It would be strange if CPU was the reason here, because it crashed in the big hotel in small confined spaces, while running the big city without any crashes.

Also, I can't explain the game crashing while starting, directly after launching it.

Wouldn't hurt downclocking it to 4.9Ghz to see if makes any difference. It's weird because I was crashing to desktop, I didn't get any blue screen or anything but it completely fixed it. I had the 6600k clocked at 4.5 and reducing it back to 4.4 meant not a single crash since. Maybe it was that part of the game.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Full patch change list here.

Quests
  • Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
  • Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
  • It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
  • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
  • The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
  • Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
  • Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
  • Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
  • Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
  • Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
  • Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
  • Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
  • Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
  • Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
  • Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
  • Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
  • Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.

Gameplay
  • Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
  • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Visual
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
  • V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
  • Fixed some UI overlap issues.
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
  • NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
  • Added some warmth to HDR.
  • Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
  • Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
  • Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.

UI
  • Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
  • The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
  • Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.

Performance & Stability
  • Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
  • Offscreen explosions make noise now.

PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Console-specific
  • Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
  • Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
  • Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
  • Corrected the look of several vehicles.
  • [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
  • [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
  • Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.

Last edited:

cebri.one

It looks like the focused on quests, which is good but the rest obviously is pretty minor with the exception of the Ryzen fix.

El_Cinefilo

I wonder if they've slyly fixed the money exploit too.

Lol at explosions not making a sound if they're off screen. I hadn't noticed that.

LOLCats

Banned
da fuck lol.... ya fuck you PC modders.

• Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.

right here might be is some rage inducing shit.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
XZ0pb3o.jpg

HotPocket69

Banned
Played about 15mins of the new patch and I've had more bugs in these 15minutes than the entirety of the game I've played so far.. invisible cops, random weather changes and cars randomly darting out at every intersection that I drive through. PS5

Complete opposite for me

Every patch has made everything feel smoother and perform better.

Unless it’s just dat Stockholm 🤷🏻‍♂️😕

BEATORICHEEEEEE

Neo Member
So the patch is not fixing any of the sound problems? I thought it was a widely reported issue.

My game is missing sound effects everytime and it fucking ruins immersion, was hoping this patch would fix that, I have to reload my save all the time because i'm always randomly missing sound effects such as footsteps and stuff like that

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.

OK, I hope I didn't miss anything. I'm at:
Nomads recently moved their camp
, and just started to do some main story now, with
Voodoo Boys
- just did the first mission.

I would hate to miss any call from her even if I always feel she is mocking me.

Hoppa

Complete opposite for me

Every patch has made everything feel smoother and perform better.

Unless it’s just dat Stockholm 🤷🏻‍♂️😕

Yeah must just be this first Sinnerman side mission, I died and restarted and the same bugs happened again at the same points so will probably be picked up in a later patch

HotPocket69

Banned
Yeah must just be this first Sinnerman side mission, I died and restarted and the same bugs happened again at the same points so will probably be picked up in a later patch

I’ve got two gigs in City Center I did really early on that never completed for me (unless they finish up later on). Newest update definitely didn’t fix em if they’re busted 😕

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

I knew people editing this and saying their game got a lot better was a load of shit.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Doing a fresh installation via Steam, so we'll see what happens. I've been intermittently testing crowd AI by shooting at them and chasing them with my bike. Hopefully the duck-and-cover even when you are 50ft away ends. That's what people do in a bank robbery. Outside they'd be stampeding like a motherfucker.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
seems like it is running a bit smoother on PS5. more crowds too? nice to have my car third person viewing angle memorized at last =)

Royal-Slime

Banned
I've been playing it a bit more on PC and good grief... even switching to 720p does not change anything. It feels like the game has some serious issues in its code: everything is janky, character models (Johny, especially) just don't look good, random FPS drops (mostly related to travelling the city).

I'm trying to look past that but the actual game is not impressive at all. It's like Witcher 2 minus the choices. The only massive achievement so far is the way everything looks in the first-person mode. The cutscenes are impressive, there's just not many of them and the lack of choice completely kills any tension or involvement, so does V as a character and voice. And they're always accompanied by the slow walking sections, by some kind of 30+ minute narrative I don't really care about. I don't like using the word "cheesy" to describe something but I can't think of any better word to describe this game. It's not so bad when you just explore and do side-quests but once the story starts... And those "rewind the video" sections, good grief!..

Also am I the only one who is not happy with Keanu's performance? I had to double-check that Johny guy is voiced by him. Did he really boost the sales of the game or did CDPR waste so much money on an actor who can't voice-act? Uh...

Pretty dissappointed with the actual game. I respect CDPR for trying to do something different and they totally don't deserve the negativity... I can't imagine Activision, Ubisoft, EA saying "we'll refund the game out of our pockets" or "we'll fix it and will be providing updates all the time". It just won't happen and people act entitled when it was pretty obvious that's how the game will turn out.

Anyway, Cyberpunk is pretty underwhelming to me. Superficial and hollow is the best way to describe it CDProjectRed wasted too many resources on cutscenes and all the cinematic stuff, big city and forgot how to make an actually fun game. As it stands, CDPR is a mediocre movie in which you can take a break and play Borderlands-lite after the dialogue. And Keanu in this game proudly takes the spot of one of the worst performances in a video game by Hollywood stars, right next to Matthew Perry and his Fallout New Vegas role and Peter Dinklage with his Destiny Ghost.

Maybe I just can't get immersed in these games anymore, I don't know...

First 30 minutes impression on base PS4 with the lastest patch installed.

The game runs SO MUCH better now. Played all the area in your mega building, outside of it, and went to one of the most choppy areas (the part of the video in Digital Foundry where it went below 15 fps during combat); it runs noticeably better overall. I would say all the mega building part is almost steady 30 FPS, when previously it wasn't. The game runs much better while driving too, there are still dips in framerate, but dude, this feels way more playable now. Also, the film grain and Chromatic Aberration seems better implemented now, it doesn't seem to blurry the IQ as before; now to the cons...

It seems to me that the IQ might have taken a hit, the game seems to be running 100% at 720P now. There are still stuttering problems here and there sometimes. The game still maintains the poor visuals in term of LOD, low textures, popping, etc but this time with lower resolution as mentioned.

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Shame the changes they made to HDR do nothing for black levels. Why can’t the game just look like the calibration images they use?

Otherwise, the game is definitely less blurry with chromatic aberration on. PS5.

Last edited by a moderator:

K' Dash

I was about to finally sit down and play a couple hours and they hit me with a 15GB patch?

Internet at my new apartment sucks, this could take a couple hours :(

Komatsu

I've been playing it a bit more on PC and good grief... even switching to 720p does not change anything. It feels like the game has some serious issues in its code: everything is janky, character models (Johny, especially) just don't look good, random FPS drops (mostly related to travelling the city).

You are the only PC player in this thread saying the game looks bad. What's your setup? Genuine question, no flame baiting here. We might help you out with some tinkering if need be.

I have tested the game on:

(my test bench)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16GB DDR4
GTX 1070

Intel I7 9700F
16GB DDR4
RTX 2060 Super

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
8GB DDR4
AMD RX 580

And on a laptop with a Ryzen 5 4600H and a RX 5600. All ran extremely well. I even got the game to run on linux through a custom flavor of Proton. Granted, it was buggy as hell but very playable.

Royal-Slime

Banned
You are the only PC player in this thread saying the game looks bad. What's your setup? Genuine question, no flame baiting here. We might help you out with some tinkering if need be.

I have tested the game on:

(my test bench)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16GB DDR4
GTX 1070

Intel I7 9700F
16GB DDR4
RTX 2060 Super

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
8GB DDR4
AMD RX 580

And on a laptop with a Ryzen 5 4600H and a RX 5600. All ran extremely well. I even got the game to run on linux through a custom flavor of Proton. Granted, it was buggy as hell but very playable.
Thanks. It's alright, don't worry. I probably won't be playing it anymore anyway, trying to refund. I don't like the topics of the game that much but thought it'd be okay since I like other CDPR games and "looter-shooter" type of gameplay can be fun. Plus I do like cinematography.

And I didn't say it looks bad, technically it looks good but there's many issues with animation, things like that. I assume it's just optimization issues since my specifications are weird.

Last edited:

Loostreaks

World map UI badly needs an option to individually set what you want to see on it. ( exploration works best when you're simply free roaming).
Also in general to disable quest markers.
For driving also holo markers in the world so you con't have to rely on mini map ( Mafia 3 had something like this).

Loostreaks

A sequel is out of the question. The ip is radioactive right now.
Eh, I get the impression this will go down as Fallout New Vegas: something better received years after release. Core of the game is great: they simply need to iron out all the edges.
Their bigger problem is they don't have that much time with standalone multiplayer they're working on ( with a different team).

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Wiah cool a side op where you talk to a ptsd addled suicidal cop and bond together over a shared experience. very cool.

Just loving seeing all of the world building here. CDPR’s writing in this game is interesting totally appropriate cyber noir type stuff. ❤

oh... is this the mission Gamespot girl refused to do? because it says “talk to the cops”? Lol

way to miss a really cool side mission about empathy that humanizes characters, way to miss out on a good thing, all because of your activist evangelicalism

Last edited:

Komatsu

It's reached a point where people on Reddit are inventing bugs. I literally downgraded my driver to try to reproduce a bug listed (falling through the floor at the Nomad camp) and could not reproduce it at all in spite of having basically the same setup. As someone who spent 2 years of my life QAing software for a living, many of the reports reek of bullshit and clout-chasing.

woah cool a side op where you talk to a ptsd addled suicidal cop and bond together over a shared experience. very cool. CDPR’s writing in this game has pretty much been always interesting.

The fact that the other cops are portrayed somewhat positively was interesting reversion of expectations as well. Cyberpunk cops are almost always crooks.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
one thing is certain any qa workers at CDPR needing to put together a list of bugs is having their discovery work done for them by scores of internet trolls rn

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Spoilers

Oh my god just did the main mission "Never Fade Away" (after i finished Rogue/Evelyn/Takermura 3 missions) and i have to say this.
Alt Cunningham is the fucking best girl on the whole show, what a hottie!! The romance scene between her and Johnny was 🔥🔥
I think this scene rivals Triss scene from Witcher 2 and Yennefer (unicorn sex) from Witcher 3 and Shani (from HoS) its just that good.
First person rules man...

After that im just feeling bad i have to go back to my "Female V" knowing im stuck with bad options like Judy or River, i dont want those. I wanted Panam and even Panam seems decent at best.
I was interest the most in Evelyn Parker, seemed like a character that would be good to romance, she is mysterious and good looking. Too bad cant romance her (Why CDPR!!)
And then I saw Alt Cunningham and its massive difference between her and crackhead Judy. Such an unfortunate one. I'm seriously thinking of ending the game as a virgin now.

Alt Cunningham > > > Evelyn Parker > Panam > The Rest.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Please use spoiler tags. There's also a PLOT SPOILERS thread which is kind of dead as most people haven't finished the game. You're welcome to post there. :messenger_horns:
How do i do that?
Edit: Just figured it out, thanks. I was excited so sorry i didnt put spoiler tag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom