• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Ivory Blood

Saves are guaranteed to get corrupted if they go past 8MB. I've dodged every gamebreaking bug so far but this one seem inevitable. RIP.
I played 65 hours first time, having 50+ manual saves, and gathering and crafting shit by the ton. My save only went up to 5,5mb. Just don't craft thousands of cheap grenades to level the skill, and you'll be fine until they fix it.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Well. Had a rendezvous Meredith..that was some weird shit. Glad no one was around.
First time or? I've thought about calling her again, just to "mix it up" with the regular joytoy whores I'm banging. Sad Panam isn't available - best fucking virtual pussy I've ever got!

jbortz78

And nowhere settings work again...

about HDR and the latest patch.
I have Sony xf90/xf9005 and any tips om HDR settings for the game?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What difficulty are you all playing on? I went hard and I'm in a battle that is not going well. I keep getting hacked so my HUD overheats. I can still attack but it makes health management a nightmare. Debating on bumping it down a level but I also don't want to be a baby about it.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Claire is nice too
f0X41AF.png

USjDb2S.png

xyMsJJK.png

It saddens me so much seeing a game like this, full of diversity and inclusive above all, being talked by certain idiots as some Nazi Revival Agenda.

Fuck internet.

Last edited:

Reave

And nowhere settings work again...

about HDR and the latest patch.
I have Sony xf90/xf9005 and any tips om HDR settings for the game?
I have an X900F.

Here are my settings after over an hour of testing and comparing with SDR.

Peak Brightness: 900
Mid: 1.75
PW: 300 (or personal preference)

I found that going any lower than 1.75 for the tone-mapping midpoint causes the bright signs and neons to lose their nice glow effect, so I’d stay at that number if I were you. Night time will still be dark enough, if not a tad more visible than SDR.

Oh, one more thing. Turn on Reality Creation by setting it to manual and turning it up to 50. No higher than that. Much cleaner looking image!

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
What difficulty are you all playing on? I went hard and I'm in a battle that is not going well. I keep getting hacked so my HUD overheats. I can still attack but it makes health management a nightmare. Debating on bumping it down a level but I also don't want to be a baby about it.

i started on Hard but the Maelstrom mission where you get Flathead was fucking me up. The Netrunner kept overheating me and the enemies were bullet sponges. Dropped down to Normal. Enemies still took a lot of hits to kill and I still got fucked up by the Netrunner. Now i've upped my stats + improved my weapons it's much better but still a challenge. Normal I think is a good balance. Hard/Very Hard are only really if you want a real challenge.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
i started on Hard but the Maelstrom mission where you get Flathead was fucking me up. The Netrunner kept overheating me and the enemies were bullet sponges. Dropped down to Normal. Enemies still took a lot of hits to kill and I still got fucked up by the Netrunner. Now i've upped my stats + improved my weapons it's much better but still a challenge. Normal I think is a good balance. Hard/Very Hard are only really if you want a real challenge.

That's the mission I am on. I wish there was a save opportunity between some of the rooms as I can clear everything up to the room with all the moving conveyors and shit.

SJRB

Gold Member
I think that mission is a difficulty spike by design, I noticed combat was harder than anything that happened prior to that mission.

Also think it's the first time you encounter an enemy Netrunner and the game doesn't explain how you're supposed to deal with that.

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I think that mission is a difficulty spike by design, I noticed combat was harder than anything that happened prior to that mission.

Also think it's the first time you encounter an enemy Netrunner and the game doesn't explain how you're supposed to deal with that.
if i remember right there is a prompt when the first overheat you but imo it didn't help. i still couldn't figure out WTF to do.

Yes, this mission was a pain in the rear on very hard. Everything that came after that was a breeze.

Ped AI at least seem somewhat improved.

This game must be so fucked on consoles if that's improved, that's the way pedestrians respond to gunfire for me since day 1. I also can't recreate that glitch someone showed of police spawning on rooftops, I've even killed civilians and gotten warrants without it happening. So much of the problems with this game must be platform dependent.

Night.Ninja

Banned

😄 I think I was at the same point kept dying my weapons felt like they weren't doing any damage too the point I thought it was a bug at the time, so I went back down to normal. Catching on fire was confusing as fuck I didn't know what the fuck was happening 😅

On hard enemies are just bullet sponges and you don't have enough mods to beat them any other way but with guns that early in the game.

HotPocket69

Banned
Beat on the brat, that army guy with a sniper rifle, is that fight supposed to be that tough? It's on moderate and I breezed through the twins. Had to cheat to win here.

Same with cyberpsychos missions. All others were fine, but that one with the ritual was hard as hell to beat. Also on moderate.

Didn’t have any problems with the army vet. Did you have gorilla arms? All I did was keep my hands up and circle around him. Once he attacked, I would just dodge and go in for a charged hit and then a couple follow ups. It was great. The trick was to not get greedy with your offense.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Hot damn Pacific Dreams is a god tier radio channel. They did such a good job with the music in this game, it's crazy.

Perfect study background music too. Awesome blend of ambient synth and elektro.
the music in this game is incredible. last night i ended up at some drug deal gone wrong, everyone was dead, nearby a boombox was blasting something that sounded like 90s-era NIN. felt so awesome.

zkorejo

Didn’t have any problems with the army vet. Did you have gorilla arms? All I did was keep my hands up and circle around him. Once he attacked, I would just dodge and go in for a charged hit and then a couple follow ups. It was great. The trick was to not get greedy with your offense.
No gorilla hands, I only have Mandalorian like mini rocket. Dodging wasn't an issue, I even parried his attacks but my attacks were doing miniscule damage to him. Even though my strength is around 10. I guess I will need gorilla hands if I ever go for another one of those.

I had to drop a katana on the ground and equip it mid fight to beat this mfer.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Side quest lines are so damn good in this game. Finished up River Ward’s quest line last night, and a bunch of the one with the Peralezes (may be over, nkt sure) after doing Panam’s the night before.

Last edited:
Very hard, don’t be a baby 👶 😉

Loostreaks

One question: How does crafting/upgrading items work?
As I understand it, it increases their base stats from common to legendary tier? Are there same weapons/gear with higher level requirements with higher stats, so you need to repeat the same process with them?
And with cyberware: I've found "legendary" raven mk4 cyberdeck..is this the best version in the game? ( Or you can find later on, better "common" cyber deck with higher requirements)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
😄 I think I was at the same point kept dying my weapons felt like they weren't doing any damage too the point I thought it was a bug at the time, so I went back down to normal. Catching on fire was confusing as fuck I didn't know what the fuck was happening 😅

On hard enemies are just bullet sponges and you don't have enough mods to beat them any other way but with guns that early in the game.

The fire is because of the hacking / overheating, yeah?

Very hard, don’t be a baby 👶 😉

I don't usually play fps games because they me nasty motion sickness within the first 20 mins. I had to move my PC out to the living room, crank up the FOV, and play with a controller to curb the motion sickness enough so I can play in 2 hour increments. I don't think very hard will be for me. :)

Ivory Blood

I didn't spec to be looking like a saints row pimp but I never found any better hat.
Level 21 and I still have the same clothing...

SxQ1sfs.jpg

lol
I don't wear any hats at all, they are all hideous. If only we had those Arasaka snipers and netrunners masks.

zwiggelbig

This game must be so fucked on consoles if that's improved, that's the way pedestrians respond to gunfire for me since day 1. I also can't recreate that glitch someone showed of police spawning on rooftops, I've even killed civilians and gotten warrants without it happening. So much of the problems with this game must be platform dependent.
the fuck.. They did this after a week of release? Ffs, this game could have been SO MUCH BETTER and get so much better PR if they did not RUSH THE FUCKING LAUNCH. God dam idiots. I feel so bad for the developers who put their heart and soul into this project, worked so hard on it only for management to rush it out because they always set unrealistic deadlines and then even with that they rushed it even more.

Will there be an option to turn back on the braindance scenes that induced seizures? I'm not epileptic, but when I heard about people having problems I tried my hardest to stare at those flashing lights and I gotta say, I felt a tingle! Now they're gone?!?! WTF. This needs to be in the options menu. Don't cripple a cool IRL Braindance for such a small minority of customers.

Even if CDPR keeps their promise to fix this game and make it like we were meant to believe this game should be...its just not possible. Not even in a year I suspect unless they delay all the DLCs and planned multiplayer stuff.

Theres just sooo many things missing that were once promised.
They can add more content as well as updates and fixes in the expansions.

That way, you get the expansion with more content and things to do - and more bug fixes along with it👍

It will be exciting to see where the expansions will take us and what new content they will add.

My hopes are:
  • Playable Pool Tables and Arcade Machines
  • Being able to buy things from all vendors
  • More radio stations [a Synthwave radio station would be incredible]
  • Crystal Palace missions
  • Rideable NCART Monorail Transit System
  • More weapons
  • More clothing
  • Customization of vehicles
  • Being able to buy more apartments/safe houses
  • Bodysculpting facilities, Barbershops and Tattoo Parlors
  • Vastly improved NPC and Police AI routines
  • Improved water effects
  • Cut content being restored
I feel that is a modest list and would make the game and it's first expansion a perfect experience for me.

Last edited:

scalman

my new clothes , 3 of them are legendary and have pretty good mods on them so for now wont change but its kinda boring to wear same ones for longer time as its tones clothes just coming every minute as you shoot and loot and repeat.
i mean clothes... lol
ehGfB9c.png

if you know her you know her if you not yet , well you will in time, so no spoilers from others too
eRPxpwj.png

v8Ls7sz.png

and that is what i ment how i see picture when i enter any dark room, i mean there are things there obstacles, boxes and such there, but there is no way for me to see that. i just see that go as blind and hoping for best untill i reach some sort of light source at least. changing game setting doesnt help at all
and every dark room without light is just like this.
EbUCh3j.png

Last edited:
and that is what i ment how i see picture when i enter any dark room, i mean there are things there obstacles, boxes and such there, but there is no way for me to see that. i just see that go as blind and hoping for best untill i reach some sort of light source at least. changing game setting doesnt help at all
and every dark room without light is just like this.
EbUCh3j.png
A flashlight would be a cool addition to put in one of the patches/updates. It would not only be useful to be able to see in dark areas, but it would add tension, realism and atmosphere.
Black Chamber Black Chamber I know you want a synth wave station bad bro but the composers said they actively avoided putting that kind of music in game and instead wanted to focus more on early to mid 90s industrial and electronic.

Oh I know they said that in the past - they also know that a lot of people are requesting Synthwave music and a radio station dedicated to that genre would be the perfect option; because those that don't want to hear it - don't have to tune to that station and those that do want to hear it will at least have the option👍

Last edited:

Warablo

Very Hard has been easy so far, but a mostly stealth Net Runner makes it that way. I think things will get way harder in the future though getting hacked and drones/mechs. If I get caught out in the open or flanked, I get brusted down though. Classic glass cannon stuff.

If were talking about content being added, I'd like to see:

*Houses/apartments
*A true complete respec system (perks and ATTRIBUTES)
*Plastic Surgeon/Barbers/tattoo (hair) (complete remake of your character)
*Vanity slot for armor/clothes
*Garage/car mods
*More vendors/items
*More repeatable content for end game

Obviously DLC stuff should be missions, locations, new cyberware, and increased level cap stuff

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Black Chamber Black Chamber I know you want a synth wave station bad bro but the composers said they actively avoided putting that kind of music in game and instead wanted to focus more on early to mid 90s industrial and electronic.

There is actually synth music in Rivers last mission, when you play lasertag with the kids, complete with some neon album covers, lol.

Top Bottom