• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

CloudNull

Banned
As I haven't really messed too much w/ crafting, curious if you can bump an item up to another tier (rare to epic for ex) via upgrading? Or just find the tier schematic & do it that way?

Not sure about regular weapons but you can craft all iconic weapons to legendary. You need the base weapon In inventory and the schematic only shows the tier above. For example a rare iconic weapon will only show an epic schematic. After an epic iconic item is crafted the legendary schematic appears.

Find the iconic weapons you like the most and upgrade to your hearts content.

Biff

Random question... is the famous quote/scene from the trailer with Johnny saying "Wake the fuck up samurai, we have a city to burn" actually in the game?

I haven't come across it but maybe I'm not far enough yet.

Inviusx

Heads up Playstation players. If you enter the Settings menu from the title screen to remove CA, Motion Blur and Film Grain you won't be able to exit the menu. Just perform this from within the game instead and it will work. They said they improved the clarity of the image with these settings turned on but I'm not convinced. Turn them off, like before.

TacosNSalsa

Is there anyway to turn off the phone in this game? It's getting to GTAIV levels of harassment at this point . When I'm walking around exploring it seems like a never ending string of missions , trying to sell me cars , Del telling me he lost a car (multiple times) and just not leaving me alone .

Snaven Shake

Neo Member
Is there anyway to turn off the phone in this game? It's getting to GTAIV levels of harassment at this point . When I'm walking around exploring it seems like a never ending string of missions , trying to sell me cars , Del telling me he lost a car (multiple times) and just not leaving me alone .

In 2077 the phone turns off you.
In all seriousness though, no, you can't turn it off.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Random question... is the famous quote/scene from the trailer with Johnny saying "Wake the fuck up samurai, we have a city to burn" actually in the game?

Well, there is a mission early on based around that trailer. It doesnt go exactly like the trailer.

1. No tell motel exterior area surroundings are totally different.
2. Dex dialogue is different
3. No mantis blade fight or hacker woman
4. You still wake up in the scrap yard but it's not Johnny who wakes you up.

mr.dilya

Banned
Thanks. It's alright, don't worry. I probably won't be playing it anymore anyway, trying to refund. I don't like the topics of the game that much but thought it'd be okay since I like other CDPR games and "looter-shooter" type of gameplay can be fun. Plus I do like cinematography.

And I didn't say it looks bad, technically it looks good but there's many issues with animation, things like that. I assume it's just optimization issues since my specifications are weird.

nah...you won’t even share your setup? sound like you are full of shit to me.

hemo memo

Gold Member
First 30 minutes impression on base PS4 with the lastest patch installed.

The game runs SO MUCH better now. Played all the area in your mega building, outside of it, and went to one of the most choppy areas (the part of the video in Digital Foundry where it went below 15 fps during combat); it runs noticeably better overall. I would say all the mega building part is almost steady 30 FPS, when previously it wasn't. The game runs much better while driving too, there are still dips in framerate, but dude, this feels way more playable now. Also, the film grain and Chromatic Aberration seems better implemented now, it doesn't seem to blurry the IQ as before; now to the cons...

It seems to me that the IQ might have taken a hit, the game seems to be running 100% at 720P now. There are still stuttering problems here and there sometimes. The game still maintains the poor visuals in term of LOD, low textures, popping, etc but this time with lower resolution as mentioned.

Performance should be prioritized even at 720p so they did the right call. Your post gives hope that the large January patch might put the game on a very stable state. Sadly the PS5 crashing after 1.5 hours is till there.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It seems the patch has fixed my only PS5 crashing issues, which happened during driving. I just played for a solid 3+ hours with no bugs or crashes. Game is near perfect for me.

Glad to hear there are improvements on PS4 as well. It may have to get a visual downgrade, but there is a really good game in there, so it is better that people get to experience that without technical problems getting in the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Almost 20 hours in now, just doing lots of side missions for money. Level 15 still, but just got double jump and a pair of Mantis Blades as well as a bunch of Blade-related perks. Wow, this is like a whole different game now... Just running around slicing the fuck out of people is surprisingly satisfying.

I gotta say, though, I want a mod that removes the crime system. The way the implemented it is just embarrassingly bad. Police straight up spawn behind you even if you're deep in a dungeon and you won't lose stars unless you leave the area. It's just terribly done.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Considering that whole part of the game doesn't play out anything like the trailer... I'm going to say probably not.

Isendurl

Jesus, music in this game is something else.

2F1.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Also am I the only one who is not happy with Keanu's performance? I had to double-check that Johny guy is voiced by him. Did he really boost the sales of the game or did CDPR waste so much money on an actor who can't voice-act? Uh...

What? He sounds like how you'd expect Keanu Reeves to sound... Dude isn't really the most emotive actor out there.

JayK47

Game is still running great and I am having a great time with it. Hard to believe the game is so bad on PS that it was delisted. So many other games were shit at release on all systems, yet they got a pass. The only other game I have heard about being delisted was Arkham Knight on Steam.

I had so many issues with Skyrim. Got used to saving every 5 minutes due to crashes. Tons of side missions I had to abandon because they were broken. Final boss battle bugged out and I cheesed it for the win. The game eventually was fixed after years of patches and mods. I have only had a single crash on Cyberpunk, and after grabbing the latest drivers it has been crash free. All missions have worked with only minor bugs and glitches. I would say it lacks polish more than anything.

Deep Shadows developed a bunch of games in the 2000s. Boiling Point. White Gold. Precursors. Man those games were awesome underrated open world games that lacked polish big time. But they had some great game ideas and I couldn't stop playing them. Cyberpunk reminds a little bit about those games. If you can look past the lack of polish, there is a great game there. And even better, CDPR will likely polish the game, unlike those old Deep Shadows games.

I feel gamer standards have gotten too high and suddenly too many expect great graphics at 60fps and no bugs and tons of content at launch and after. Perfection, all for $60.

Last edited:

zkorejo

i only met her to get the chip off her. wish she appeared again so i could bang her but i made the wrong decisions. maybe next playthrough :D
Well I banged her.. but it wasn't enough. I wanted a good long side quest with her, maybe something in the corpo world. Something substantial like Claire's missions.

Speaking of banging.. is that newscaster in the game in any shape or form other than on a tv?

Last edited:

zkorejo

Beat on the brat, that army guy with a sniper rifle, is that fight supposed to be that tough? It's on moderate and I breezed through the twins. Had to cheat to win here.

Same with cyberpsychos missions. All others were fine, but that one with the ritual was hard as hell to beat. Also on moderate.

Makariel

Had my second crash after 20 hours played, suitably while I was crashing into a lorry in-game 🤣

Just here to say Judy is the best 😍

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Somehow the latest update on PS5 seems to have improved load times and HDR. Only played a few minutes but those two aspects seem improved, and maybe some minor texture work?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I’m on ps5 and only played up the part where you got to bed (1 hour in)

I stopped for the next gen patch, but I’m free all weekend, so tempted to go for it.

Good experience so far for peeps on ps5?
It looks like a PS4 game (because it is) and it’s got some glitches and bugs but otherwise it’s enjoyable, and it runs respectably (between 40-60FPS most of the time). Just don’t expect a polished or next-gen experience and what’s here is actually quite enjoyable.

Any word on the patch release time and date for PC?

I'm pretty sure I'm at the end of the game by now, so I kinda want to see if I can just beat the game with the new patch.

Honestly, I have no idea who said this game can be beat in 40 hours.

I'm at 110 hours in, I've finished 95% of the Side Gigs quest, just left 4 or 5 thievery missions - and I'm at the part where you're given a "You cant turn back from this point onward" message in the main story.

Its only 40 hours long, my ass.

Beat on the brat, that army guy with a sniper rifle, is that fight supposed to be that tough? It's on moderate and I breezed through the twins. Had to cheat to win here.

Same with cyberpsychos missions. All others were fine, but that one with the ritual was hard as hell to beat. Also on moderate.

Honestly, when it comes to the fighting side quest you need a Gorilla Arm and some attributes into your Street Brawler skill tree.

That, or just the Gorilla Arm and learn to dodge and cheese every fight by using the Strong Attack over and over.

Make sure each punch lands as they'll be in a staggered mode and repeated punches can knock them down temporarily.

That's how I won at least.

Strong Attacks and push them into a corner where I can exploit the poor animation and wall collision of the game.

Not the most fun way of doing it, but it helps.

For Cyberpsychos, they're only hard if you don't prepare a gameplan.

Maybe just have the Cyberware Malfunction Quickhack installed if possible?

That helps me a lot.

Tbh, being a net runner makes everything 100000 times easier though.

Starfield

Even if CDPR keeps their promise to fix this game and make it like we were meant to believe this game should be...its just not possible. Not even in a year I suspect unless they delay all the DLCs and planned multiplayer stuff.

Theres just sooo many things missing that were once promised.

Theres even a whole group of people missing (which isnt a major issue but a bummer), Exotics. They are supposed to be the "furries" of the cyberpunk uniververse. People who installed cyberbodyparts like tails or tiger claws or cat ears with effects on their bodies. CDPR said that you can encounter them but theyre quite rare. So far there isnt a single video or evidence that they are indeed in the game so I guess you can add that lie on the huge pile of other lies.

UncleMeat

Ya what this guy says:
Honestly, when it comes to the fighting side quest you need a Gorilla Arm and some attributes into your Street Brawler skill tree.

That, or just the Gorilla Arm and learn to dodge and cheese every fight by using the Strong Attack over and over.

Make sure each punch lands as they'll be in a staggered mode and repeated punches can knock them down temporarily.

That's how I won at least.

Strong Attacks and push them into a corner where I can exploit the poor animation and wall collision of the game.

Not the most fun way of doing it, but it helps.

For Cyberpsychos, they're only hard if you don't prepare a gameplan.

Maybe just have the Cyberware Malfunction Quickhack installed if possible?

That helps me a lot.

Tbh, being a net runner makes everything 100000 times easier though.

My first playthrough I beefed up my brawling stats and had gorilla arms so they were pretty easy but on my second playthrough build it's almost impossible without melee perks; you do almost no damage and can die in a couple punches. So if you're not making a strong melee build I'd just ignore them.

And you can still shoot the cyberpsychos during those fights, just don't execute them after the fight and they'll still be alive.

Last edited:
Any word on if today's patch fixes any money glitches? I'm hoping to either finally get that painting (can't do enough damage yet) or exploit the boss glitch tomorrow if neither are patched.

Any word on if today's patch fixes any money glitches? I'm hoping to either finally get that painting (can't do enough damage yet) or exploit the boss glitch tomorrow if neither are patched.

No at least on PS4 it does not affect the money glitch with the painting.

I used it a bunch today and finally bought all of the cars for the trophy!

Ivory Blood

I've just started Act 3.

If I just do main missions (I've done all the interesting side ones) how long is left?
There are 4 different ways the ending can go(well 5, but this one is kinda an easy way out), each with their own variation of the final mission. If you finished everything in side quests and want to get all the endings, there is still a lot of playtime left.

Saves are guaranteed to get corrupted if they go past 8MB. I've dodged every gamebreaking bug so far but this one seem inevitable. RIP.

Top Bottom