• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Was it this song?

hah yes it was!
Nope. Do more gigs and crime detail. Sell your stuff! It doesn’t take long to amass that much cash.
took me a while to figure out that doing blue jobs first is a good way to make some money. when i got to the open world i went straight for the yellow side ops, but the blue stuff is how you grind for loot/$$$.

PoundSand

Banned
Black Chamber Black Chamber I'll ask you since you're the most knowledgeable. I finished the game and I wonder if CDPR have already talked about story-DLC?
The way it ended was very abrupt, so DLC where you blow up the space station (?) seems like a very reasonable story-addition. Also, adding flying cars would be perfect, the game even has you ride inside one near the end (Delamain's service), so adding these for free player control would make the game a lot better.
But I don't know if that's likely at all.

Nankatsu

The more I play this, the more it feels like an half-baked Deus Ex.

The core is not bad, far from it, I like it, but don't give me the whole "this game is groundbreaking". It isn't.

Brute

The more I play this, the more it feels like an half-baked Deus Ex.

The core is not bad, far from it, I like it, but don't give me the whole "this game is groundbreaking". It isn't.
It's not groundbreaking - haven't seen many people that it is?

It's a very enjoyable RPG with a good story (imo) and a shit load of stuff to do. Gunplay is nice, melee combat with a katana blade is satisfying and there's loads of cool shit to see.

PoundSand

Banned
It's not groundbreaking - haven't seen many people that it is?

It's a very enjoyable RPG with a good story (imo) and a shit load of stuff to do. Gunplay is nice, melee combat with a katana blade is satisfying and there's loads of cool shit to see.

Honestly, most of the negative feedback about CP2077 reads like people had made up wrong expectations in their mind. Don't judge it for what it's not, judge it for it is. The story, presentation, writing and characters are phenomenal imo. All the gameplay is at least good, like shooting and driving and stealth. The city itself is not a sandbox, yeah, but that's simply not what it's supposed to be (yet?). Instead, it acts as the most extensive backdrop to an interactive story that's on par with the best linear stories in gaming, except you get to make the story your very own thing.

CP2077 is like the ultimate interactive story book, except it has everything you'd expect from a modern video game on top of that. And I find that awesome.

zwiggelbig

Honestly, most of the negative feedback about CP2077 reads like people had made up wrong expectations in their mind. Don't judge it for what it's not, judge it for it is. The story, presentation, writing and characters are phenomenal imo. All the gameplay is at least good, like shooting and driving and stealth. The city itself is not a sandbox, yeah, but that's simply not what it's supposed to be (yet?). Instead, it acts as the most extensive backdrop to an interactive story that's on par with the best linear stories in gaming, except you get to make the story your very own thing.

CP2077 is like the ultimate interactive story book, except it has everything you'd expect from a modern video game on top of that. And I find that awesome.
wow this sums up my thoughts very wel!
This exactly is how people should look at the game yet cant. Maybe thats due to cdpr own marketing. I have no issue with not getting into every building and only when its part of a quest line. I just did a really simple gig and walking in first imperson true the amazing world, the buildings with insane details. Past characters that look so fucking good.. Its such a great feeling. There is no game out there in first person that can offer you this kind of imerssion in the world. You go true this world with a story they set out for you, and you can do some great fun side quests. I think the shooting is fine for a game like this. The game also offers you so many options to fight.

Yea the ai sucks, the police suck even more and I'm mostly dissapointed with the lack of dialogue options that are yellow.. But this game is such a great experience to me atleast. Playing on pc now. IT was hell on ps4.

Starfield

my new clothes , 3 of them are legendary and have pretty good mods on them so for now wont change but its kinda boring to wear same ones for longer time as its tones clothes just coming every minute as you shoot and loot and repeat.
i mean clothes... lol
ehGfB9c.png

if you know her you know her if you not yet , well you will in time, so no spoilers from others too
eRPxpwj.png

v8Ls7sz.png

and that is what i ment how i see picture when i enter any dark room, i mean there are things there obstacles, boxes and such there, but there is no way for me to see that. i just see that go as blind and hoping for best untill i reach some sort of light source at least. changing game setting doesnt help at all
and every dark room without light is just like this.
EbUCh3j.png
your character reminds me of Chad

John2290

So many games are getting boosts off the back off this load of bollachs, like Deus Ex Mankind divided, Astral Chain, Cloud punk and Ghost Runner (The latter two obviously timing and banking on that) but one game I can't figure out that isn't getting the love is Observer, I mean it's literally Cyberpunk 2077s demo. So odd that, that game is getting left in the dirt cause it's a "walking simulator".

Black Chamber Black Chamber I'll ask you since you're the most knowledgeable. I finished the game and I wonder if CDPR have already talked about story-DLC?
The way it ended was very abrupt, so DLC where you blow up the space station (?) seems like a very reasonable story-addition. Also, adding flying cars would be perfect, the game even has you ride inside one near the end (Delamain's service), so adding these for free player control would make the game a lot better.
But I don't know if that's likely at all.
CD Projekt Red has said that there will be at least as many expansions and free DLCs as The Witcher 3 had. I would expect 3 expansions and more than 16 free DLCs based on them saying "at least" - but it's all up in the air now while they rush to patch the experience.

I hope that the expansions add in the things I put in my list above - and then some🤘

Last edited:

scalman

Hate boxing one thing i hate in this game. Someone should make some mod to make it easier on pc at least.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
For the people not doing crafting how do you get your best weapons? Do you find them in missions or buy them from stores?

Which tends to have the better items?

Night.Ninja

Banned
How is the performance in performance mode on Series X with the 1.05 patch? Even more improved?

Feels the same tbh the game was already running well for me before the patch, i did add motion blur back on

For the people not doing crafting how do you get your best weapons? Do you find them in missions or buy them from stores?

Which tends to have the better items?

Mission and in random places

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
45 hours in. Still having a ton of fun, doing side missions, gigs, buying and trying out new cars. I completely forgot about the main story.

eH5crWl.png

FXpsXnI.png

j10eTut.png

gghEpO6.png
I took the pay out and skipped the end of the mission. This is an option only available to Corpo. I will have to wait for the next play-through to know the ending.... bummed but excited to know my next play-through could be much different.

SJRB

Gold Member
I took the pay out and skipped the end of the mission. This is an option only available to Corpo. I will have to wait for the next play-through to know the ending.... bummed but excited to know my next play-through could be much different.
Don't think it's life path related. I'm Streetkid but I too had multiple chances to say "fuck this" and walk away, and at some point the lady even offered me money to fuck off. But I stayed because I wanted to know where the quest would go.

jbortz78

I have an X900F.

Here are my settings after over an hour of testing and comparing with SDR.

Peak Brightness: 900
Mid: 1.75
PW: 300 (or personal preference)

I found that going any lower than 1.75 for the tone-mapping midpoint causes the bright signs and neons to lose their nice glow effect, so I’d stay at that number if I were you. Night time will still be dark enough, if not a tad more visible than SDR.

Oh, one more thing. Turn on Reality Creation by setting it to manual and turning it up to 50. No higher than that. Much cleaner looking image!

Awesome thank, the settings worked great and thanks for the tip about reality creation, never tried that but looks great.

Woggleman

This guy has amazing videos
tenor.gif

In some ways I agree with him but isn't he one of those guys who wanted Druckmann's head on a platter because he didn't like the way the story went? I actually like Cyberpunk quite a bit but when people pay sixty bucks they deserve a working product.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ever since i went to the Ripper Doc and got a bunch of upgrades, i haven't been able to quickhack anything. is that something you can turn on/off through body mods? how do i get it back?

scalman

lots working arcades out there. shame you cant interact with them
ILvLfxf.jpg

i just cant get enough of those car cockpits with that retro button style there.. so 80-90's damn... RT must add to those cockpits even better look im sure but its fine still . only car guys can understand that, styles from 2006 about in cockpits become so boring and cheap plasticy, those older cockpits so good to be in and to look... those reminds me some dreams cars i imagine
Js8ypWa.jpg

Last edited:

scalman

ever since i went to the Ripper Doc and got a bunch of upgrades, i haven't been able to quickhack anything. is that something you can turn on/off through body mods? how do i get it back?
sure you can but if you put new implant so it maybe is empty like if you change OS you then need to put mods on it so what quickhacks you want you put there. if you left it empty mean you dont have any.
go there from your own menu not from ripper doc and put what you have if you dont have those buy from ripper doc or find in loot and put there.
jA3bsDz.png

Last edited:

Marauder_Shields

Neo Member
So just finished the game, best game i've played for years. Focused on crafting and reflexes, been using the Crash revolver and the Overwatch rifle. The Overwatch becomes an oneshot beast at legendary quality.
d7lR5MR.png
EXoellU.png
Now i just feel the urge to start all over again and do a hacking/stealth build.

zkorejo

The game is so damn good.

Completed Judie side missions and the main quest with Panam. And just when I thought I had an amazing story session, decided to do a random side job to close on some action. The side job itself had a good little story about it. Can't tell when what will happen. Keeps things fresh and exciting.

lots working arcades out there. shame you cant interact with them
ILvLfxf.jpg
I really hope they include the ability to play all of the Arcade machines and Pool as well.

Otherwise, why have them in the game at all? Obviously every player is going to see them and walk up to them hoping to try them out.

zkorejo

45 hours in. Still having a ton of fun, doing side missions, gigs, buying and trying out new cars. I completely forgot about the main story.

eH5crWl.png

FXpsXnI.png

j10eTut.png

gghEpO6.png
That's the side missions I did today too. Had me intrigued the whole time.. too bad I couldn't do much about it.

It's like the game confuses you, if you actually like Silverhand or is he manipulating you. Like if you listen to him, it gives you a vibe that Silverhand is taking over, but he's not really wrong about his take on things so how can one not agree with him.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
why have pool tables and arcade games in the game at all? because they are there for worldbuilding. because these are bars and in a bar you will find those things. not every game needs to be GTA. the hacking driving and shooting gameplay is pretty fulfilling i say. no need to make a shitty fake 2D arcade game like Bethesda would do. their games are full of crap like that because the main gameplay isn't satisfying. ditto for Rockstar.

moment to moment gameplay is compelling here. id rather CDPR focus on getting some form of ray tracing into the next gen versions than adding pointless add-ons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom