• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

2AdEPT

Can someone spoil the city only for me please...I'd rather get him earlier than later but dont want to be completely spoiled of searching around for him. I love searching around...now with double jump I can get just about anywhere. My playthrough is getting close to 40 hours and I am under 30% for each of the three blurbs on the home screen or whatever.
bump? I just want the name of the district, not any quest etc.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
It's simple lol surface level little implementations doesn't override it being an RPG by the same people that made the witcher 3. I expected a game designed similarly to the witcher 3, and prioritizing similar things to it. and what do you know I was pretty much right. I mean we got a blantnt fucking 50 minute demonstration focusing on the rpg elements and quests. that should fucking tell you it's not gonna be GTA .

because it makes more sense to compare the open world rpg title to the other open world rpg title that the same people made lol.

Fair enough, but I personally felt more engrossed by the world and writing of Witcher 3 at this point in my playthrough.
Once again, Cyberpunk is a case where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts imho. Glad you're having a blast, I'm having a lot of fun too.
I just don't consider it the masterpiece that you do, thus far. You've probably played more though.

Cheers.

UncleMeat

I can tell that Lethal01 is playing on console lol. I can see how bad performance on console can suck enjoyment from the combat.

But with keyboard and mouse in 60 FPS? Its fucking awesome. This is how combat can look in this game:

Wait how do you get the freeze in the air while aiming thing? Is that a perk I missed or is it part of the other (not the double jump) cyberware jump?

Fair enough, but I personally felt more engrossed by the world and writing of Witcher 3 at this point in my playthrough.
Once again, Cyberpunk is a case where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts imho. Glad you're having a blast, I'm having a lot of fun too.
I just don't consider it the masterpiece that you do, thus far. You've probably played more though.

Cheers.

witcher 3 starts off better. yes. things don't really get going til the end of act 1 into act 2

but it's perfectly fair to say the story in the witcher 3 was slightly better. this can get a bit more intense though....like you get an actual nervous/uneasy feeling more often with the things that go on

Lethal01

eh i already knew though. I ask questions I already know the answer to all the time lol analyzing you I knew at the very least...the witcher 3 wasn't to you, what it was to me. which would translate into the assessment of cyberpunk. which I find to be a trend amongst many people.

I just wanted confirmation.

I didn't ask you that question...obliviously. and i think you knew that too, which is why you avoided it lol

Just to be clear calling it passable was just a joke.

To me Witcher 3 was fantastic, due to liking the characters and world, I don't find Cyberpunk to be anywhere near as good when it comes to worldbuilding/story and the like. Cyberpunk fails to get me to care about almost anyone or anything. It's almost impressive.

I've found the writing in Cyberpunk to be extremely uninteresting compared to even the last dozen indie games I played.

But I was never interested in it because of any of this, never expected them to capture what they did before a second time, you didn't need to analyze anything since I clearly stated I bought the game cause the world looks cool and just hoped that the game I had to play to move through it was good in any way, They could focus on anywhere they want as long as they succeeded in making it enjoyable for reasons aside from looking at scenery. but it fails on every level for me.

Last edited:

rabbitontherun

Neo Member
But with keyboard and mouse in 60 FPS? Its fucking awesome. This is how combat can look in this game:

Damn that's sick! Thank you for posting this video, haven't seen it before.
I'm playing a mix of intelligence/handgun build and can't wait till i get better cyberware (such as double jump) and gear.

I feel bad for the console players but on pc (or geforcenow/stadia) this game is a lot of fun.
They did an excellent job with Night City, the atmosphere is just :messenger_ok:
screenshot_20201219-2grkyj.png

screenshot_20201219-232kng.png

2AdEPT

OK FOlks! I just finished Voodoo boys and wow, Pacifica is a great area. BUt Judy gave me V a call while I was riding home and V's heart started pounding. I'm My V character is in Love with Judy big time. I realize her old flame Evelyn is still there and recovering so not sure how weird it would be to get thigs going just yet....but.....I still want to show up at her apartment looking nice. I have three sets to choose from. One set is a bit bad ass with darker red and blacks with leather. The second is more playful and risque (kinda pink and powder like her old flame Evelyn used to wear.) Finally, I stopped at a clothes shop near Judy's in Chinatown as the last quest along with finishing Delamaine, had my bank account burgeoning and I blew EU$
2000 on a fancy dress. I called Viktor over to near Judy's place as the view from her apartment is one fo the nicest in the game. I found a ledge on the other side of the street from Judy's and VIktor helped me get these shots. GAF! Please help me to decide what outfit to wear to Judy's:

q4XfdgH.jpg

NO43g8Z.jpg

EwwfGiw.jpg

EfrzOYc.jpg

w296mIi.jpg

klhoml8.jpg

RC1IGUC.jpg

a3oj8at.jpg

WpLQbll.jpg

tvbRwPM.jpg

wa402qo.jpg

H3L6gBd.jpg

bbjrNlc.jpg

Komatsu

I'm still able to pull off 70FPS - 80FPS on High/Ultra on RDR 2 without any dipping in busier areas.

Some things are more CPU-intensive than others. Population density, running diverse AI routines simultaneously, etc. This is why, for example, the mid-gen refreshed fared quite well with all sorts of environmental eye-candy but would struggle with high population areas of any kind - the GPUs were beefier but the Jaguar is a garbage CPU. RDR2's busiest area, Saint Denis, is still significantly less hectic than pretty much any neighborhood of Night City.

Lowering my settings to medium in one of the PCs I have access to, I was able to cruise at around 40FPS on an even older CPU - a i7 2600, a Sandy Bridge. The game could, of course, be better optimized but given some of the recent stuff we've seen on PC - like Nier: Automata's absolutely stupid handling of global illumination, which shaves a good 30% of the framerate without significant visual improvement - I don't find that's the game's worse problem, TBH.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
25 hours in and I had the urge to maybe go to Takemura and finally get on with the story missions. then I randomly came upon a monk who was in need and whose brother was being held by cyber psychos in the mood to perform unnecessary implants. he asks me to rescue him but do it non violently and I pull it off and it feels really cool. so much for the main story lol another cool side mission

teezzy

Banned
Some things are more CPU-intensive than others. Population density, running diverse AI routines simultaneously, etc. This is why, for example, the mid-gen refreshed fared quite well with all sorts of environmental eye-candy but would struggle with high population areas of any kind - the GPUs were beefier but the Jaguar is a garbage CPU. RDR2's busiest area, Saint Denis, is still significantly less hectic than pretty much any neighborhood of Night City.

Lowering my settings to medium in one of the PCs I have access to, I was able to cruise at around 40FPS on an even older CPU - a i7 2600, a Sandy Bridge. The game could, of course, be better optimized but given some of the recent stuff we've seen on PC - like Nier: Automata's absolutely stupid handling of global illumination, which shaves a good 30% of the framerate without significant visual improvement - I don't find that's the game's worse problem, TBH.

Yeah I do okay tbh. I just got spoiled by 60fps I think. I've been playing it 40fps or so for a while on High, but now that i'm actually counting frames i'm annoyed. Funny how that works. It's always the CDPR games which convince me to make big upgrades. lol

Komatsu

Yeah I do okay tbh. I just got spoiled by 60fps I think. I've been playing it 40fps or so for a while on High, but now that i'm actually counting frames i'm annoyed. Funny how that works. It's always the CDPR games which convince me to make big upgrades. lol

You have a killer GPU and that absolutely helps too.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
25 hours in and I had the urge to maybe go to Takemura and finally get on with the story missions. then I randomly came upon a monk who was in need and whose brother was being held by cyber psychos in the mood to perform unnecessary implants. he asks me to rescue him but do it non violently and I pull it off and it feels really cool. so much for the main story lol another cool side mission
that's where i am. i was just exploring the map and wanted to sell a load of guns and maybe get a new one. the nearest gun store was the one near that monk and spoke to him. haven't done it yet but that's where my save currently is.

Last edited by a moderator:

rabbitontherun

Neo Member
OK FOlks! I just finished Voodoo boys and wow, Pacifica is a great area. BUt Judy gave me V a call while I was riding home and V's heart started pounding. I'm My V character is in Love with Judy big time. I realize her old flame Evelyn is still there and recovering so not sure how weird it would be to get thigs going just yet....but.....I still want to show up at her apartment looking nice. I have three sets to choose from. One set is a bit bad ass with darker red and blacks with leather. The second is more playful and risque (kinda pink and powder like her old flame Evelyn used to wear.) Finally, I stopped at a clothes shop near Judy's in Chinatown as the last quest along with finishing Delamaine, had my bank account burgeoning and I blew EU$
2000 on a fancy dress. I called Viktor over to near Judy's place as the view from her apartment is one fo the nicest in the game. I found a ledge on the other side of the street from Judy's and VIktor helped me get these shots. GAF! Please help me to decide what outfit to wear to Judy's:

EfrzOYc.jpg

Outfit no 1, EZ.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
This game is great but man, there's so much basic polish missing. Driving around, enjoying the atmosphere.... My character starts glitching in and out of the T-pose, through the roof of the car.

5min later on a drive, his head starts flickering over the car.

Then I run around, do a mission and call my car. A car behind me directly explodes, I see my car flying through the air as well, burning.

Freeman76

1.05 has made the game worse for me on XSX :(

Framerate is worse, it stutters more, and doesnt generally feel as smooth as 1.04.

As much as I love this game I feel like playing it now is only 75% of the experience it could be. Think it's time to wait until they sort this shit out properly.

2AdEPT

Outfit no 1, EZ.
yeah I get it that Judy wears her leather well, but I am worried she would think Im trying too hard to fit in with her if I go full leathers. Also, she obviously likes Evelyn and the way she dresses. I admit that the first two choices are sexy, but the V I am playing is a Corpo through and through...I think Judy is smart and might respect me for being who I really am, and Im a fancy gal.....hence the new fancy dress???!? Geez I dont want to blow this. This game is too much like real life....I blew so many hot first dates its not even worth counting.

Komatsu

This time I decided to go to Mikoshi with the Nomads. At one point, as night fell around the camp, I decided to wander around a bit. I stumbled upon a couple laying on top of a car, looking at the stars. "Do you think there's anyone out there?" she asks, and the guys goes about how many millions of planets out there could potentially support life. A couple of hours before, going through Night City, I overhear a guy in corpo suit talking to what appears to be his daughter on comms. Cruising down Pacifica, I stop by a Ripperdoc office. He's talking to someone about how thing have changed.

And people here go "the open world is dead".

Warablo

The game has been great once I got into Act II and committed to my Net Runner build on very hard. I will say the main story will be lackluster if it doesn't start going into these cool buildings and fighting various mechs and cyber warriors.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Does the game perform any better on PC with 1.05?

I can say confidently that it looks and plays better on PS5; not sure if it’s the HDR fix, a graphical setting tweak they applied, but yeah. And smoother frame rate too. The game is steadily getting better it seems.

2AdEPT

Geez my streak of bad timing has continued....I guess I should have heard by the tone of her voice on the phone something was wrong, and now she just "wants to be alone"..where have I heard that before? Good thing I had a chance to switch coats and zip up the clevage, I think we are still good as I played it cool and was supportive in every dialogue option. I also noticed she likes hot dogs, pizza from Tom's Diner, and chinese food. She prefers Cirrus soda to Nicola it would appear. Nothing gets by my Corpo spy V!!!:
5Vr3dIy.jpg

Wvzo2UM.jpg

Last edited:

Makariel

Doom, Apex Legends, Shadow warrior.
Splintercell, Metal Gear, hitman etc have better stealth.
Hitman isn't better either, just different. It's completely nonsensical that a bald guy with a inhuman stare and barcode tattoo just sneaks past people without problem just because he wears a different vest or something. Hitman games don't have hacking into camera systems to scout the place.

All of the games you mention have fairly limited options in stealth, can't remember being able to talk my way past guards in splinter cell. Metal gear doesn't let you hack into cameras either, and guards are so bloody stupid they don't notice a cardboard box walking past. And in none of those games you can just turn into a bunch of rats like in Dishonored.

I don't see how any of the games you listed has superior stealth, they are all approaching stealth from a different angle. Saying one is better than the other is like saying a pear is objectively better than a banana, when it's all just a matter of personal preference. In cyberpunk I've managed to kill a target by doing nothing other than hacking into a bunch of cameras and then netrunning my way through, not even set a foot into the building. That was awesome and something I've not done in other games yet. "Dull" and "mediocre" lol.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I just had my Cyberpunk 2077 moment.

I just wanna write this as a continuation of posts i made earlier in this thread, saying i was still waiting to feel some goodness from this game: I felt it.

I was replaying the tutorial missions for the 5th time (I've decided to roll female for the first time, and i hugely prefer it because i hate the guy's voice) and when the time came for me to head into the gang hideout to get the robot i decided to try and do things differently. I wasn't working with the militech stooge, so I was either gonna go in, or raise 10k of my own.

Up until this point I've been playing the game with a growing awareness of how open it can be, and I decided to 'fuck it' and walk away from Jackie on his motorbike and try to save up some money.

I did one thing that I've already been enjoying heaps - climbing up to rooftops, always hoping i'd find a weapon cache (but they're all blank so far), until i noted a little red icon on my minimap. Exploring closer, it was revealed to be some kind of hacking terminal where i could - at some ease - extract a fair few credits. I filled my boots, then kept looking - again, climbing in places i shouldn't have been.

I was running along the concrete railing of a highway overpass when i saw a giant tank with a staircase twisting up it within jumping distance, so i made the leap. i then snuck up to the top and found a japanese gang member standing in front of a locked case. took her out (non lethal ofc) and picked it all clean, then i started going down the stairs to the foot of the tank - most of the way down there i am in a police mission, and i'm being told to neutralise all the enemies.

So I do. It takes me a few tries because i'm on max difficulty, but in the end with misdirection and distractions i'm able to get behind every enemy and take them down non-lethal, and take out their flying bot ally with two short circuits. I fill my boots again.

---

And so, I've decided this game is good fun. I have played the fuck out of desu ex human rev and mankind divided, beacuse i love them, and i have found a chance to enjoy very similar gameplay in a new setting.

that's good enough for me.

also the game on my ps4 pro looks and plays much better after a recent patch.

Fess

It saddens me so much seeing a game like this, full of diversity and inclusive above all, being talked by certain idiots as some Nazi Revival Agenda.

Fuck internet.
Yeah I really appreciate that there are all kinds of body types in the game, only thing that is missing is the body type choices for the main character. Not sure why they’re so limited. Too much work to properly fit all type of clothes?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
so what's the deal with cars? mine got rammed and i need to wait for it repairing. there was also a quest for me to go to the Delamain HQ which ihaven't done yet. i don't even want that car back it sucks.

i've got a few offers to buy cars. is that the only way to buy cars? i want a quadra like in the trailer. not these little crappy washing machines this woman is trying to punt.

can i buy multiple cars?

Sweden85

so what's the deal with cars? mine got rammed and i need to wait for it repairing. there was also a quest for me to go to the Delamain HQ which ihaven't done yet. i don't even want that car back it sucks.

i've got a few offers to buy cars. is that the only way to buy cars? i want a quadra like in the trailer. not these little crappy washing machines this woman is trying to punt.

can i buy multiple cars?
Yes you can, and you get cars/motorcycles as reward sometimes..

scalman

ohh yh skippy is so funny i laughed, just found him yesterday
9g9eDft.png

and i think i found my first car without roof more like targa style i guess , still so cool when you in cockpit you see all outside too, i never saw those cars in game till now so that makes it so rare then i guess. found it in some garage after i shot all bad guys
9UvNHRE.png

RRyyDfF.png

and another point of NPC cant pass my car, look how much space is there, though they cant pass me lol so making traffic. i dont see those as bugs or smt just funny stuff
1tHZlhR.png

i love this game , its like what i wanted with fallout 4 walking shooting leveling up, and plus horizon 4 racing , driving around exploring. i really like that cars are slippery i think cars in horizon 4 are too much grippy anyway its not that much hard and fun for me to drive there cars, here i like this handling style. i loved horizon 3,4 , but this is like much more for driving it does so good and then its open world to walk jump shoot and such game. so its like gives you so much.

Last edited:

PoundSand

Banned
But it's not a "living, breathing space". NPCs only have one liners and stand still. They can't even drive around you. They don't leave their car when threatened by guns. Police teleports at your place but they can't chase you or take their car. A lot of shops can't be used at all. There's no emergent gameplay happening.

There's nothing "living" outside of the well made structures right now, only gangs and quests question marks waiting for you like in a theme park. At least there's not enough life to build an illusion for me. The place may be beautiful but it's not a living world yet. Nothing that can't be improved later though.

The big side quests are great yes, but they're linear too, like the main story. There's the Judy quests arc, the Panam quests arc and so on... Always the same quests in the same order. Multiple linear stories with barely any link between each other.

I'll do a full second playthrough and see how much of the story changes, maybe I'm too harsh on that point and you're right.

In any case, I love the game, it's really well written, story is great and so are the characters.

Cars not driving around me but actually driving over me was one of my biggest highlights in the game! I was like "omg, these fuckers actually behave like REAL assholes!!1"

XD

PoundSand

Banned
I want to support the notion of "greater than its sum". All these complaints about individual parts of the game really remind me of the shitting attempts against BotW when that released. "This game does that better", "That game does this better", and so on. But these complaints were missing the point, which is: NO game brings all these parts together in one! And that's what elevates a game to wholly new heights. Want proof? Just notice how almost all games these days have light rpg mechanics in some form. The rpg mechanics never were "new", but by putting them in shooters, action-games or even puzzle games, these games became sooo much better and more fun. BotW and CP2077 did that, except on a much bigger scale. And the result is phenomenal.

Yeah read this on the CDPR forums, thing is these guys are all on PC and they’re only getting it after amassing something like 65,000 crafting materials. You can’t get that much even if you broke down every item you came across in a 100 hour playthrough.

Is this for certain? I'm actually worrying, because I just started my 2nd playthrough as a nomad who I want to go big in crafting. Obviously I'm not gonna craft 65k items (wtf), but if the save corrupts after, say, 1000 crafted items ... :/

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
my game save is 2.3MB lol. i really can't imagine getting near 8MB i'd have to go out of my way to try get it that large.

i think 8MB is perfectly enough for most people who are just enjoying the game and playing it normally. i reckon you'd only get 8MB if you went crazy crafting to exploit stuff.

Top Bottom