• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

teezzy

Banned
Alexios Alexios Komatsu Komatsu SF Kosmo SF Kosmo

Actually you know guys, I'm calling shenanigans here.

I'm still able to pull off 70FPS - 80FPS on High/Ultra on RDR 2 without any dipping in busier areas.

There really shouldnt be a reason why I'm going below 60 at any point in Cyberpunk on the lowest of low, Haswell CPU or not.

I don't dislike Cyberpunk, but let's not pretend like it wasn't notoriously rushed to launch at this point. There absolutely are optimization concerns here. I'm envious of those of you who aren't experiencing them.

Much love, but I'm gonna disagree here.

Last edited:

Lethal01

yeah that looks bad. fallout is better. yep we can typically do that in RPG's. [/sarcasm]

lethal1 yeah that look average right? fuck outta here lol give me the RPG lethal where I can do that shit

watch your scared ass not respond with an answer

Once again, I never stated that it is worse that other rpg shooters.
I'm saying it's just bad period, what genre the game is doesn't make it fun.

I'm still able to pull off 70FPS - 80FPS on High/Ultra on RDR 2 without any dipping in busier areas.

Their really shouldnt be a reason why I'm going below 60 at any point in Cyberpunk on the lowest of low, Haswell CPU or not.

I don't dislike Cyberpunk, but let's not pretend like it wasn't notoriously rushed to launch at this point. There absolutely are optimization concerns here. I'm envious of those of you who aren't experiencing them.

are you using raytracing?

that video objectively disproved your "it's dull" argument though. we're all gamers here dude, we're aware of the same games, you're full of shit and being dishonest with all of us, if your gonna say that gameplay video had "meh" mechanics. most damn shooters dont give that freedom of mobility.

we all watched the same vid and played games for years, we all know reference points of what to compare it to. so who are you fooling?

you should be happy to get that level of gameplay with everything else cyberpunk does, as it's never been done before.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Tom's Hardware just released an awesome article on CPU scaling for Cyberpunk.

This is area as you leave the V's apartment build down the stairs. With all the NPCs it's definitely a CPU-bottlenecked area for me. Looks like they're using a 3090 and Auto DLSS to remove GPU bottle neck as much as possible. 'Modified' means with Ryzen Fix. This is 1.04 from what I can tell.
Ultra Settings, Ultra RT:
xxJ2hsYaDZZbTTAeNpR33o-970-80.png

tzhTbVSvPyHRBznGCMY5Zo-970-80.png

Medium Settings, No RT:
gQqHFpb6dmaqZW4vgMGDxC-970-80.png

4c4mqtzjBZtPb4QP2KerUD-970-80.png

Ultra Settings, No RT:
7M7qn9U9K3nXn7qJYnQMsL-970-80.png

CFCauEBbBbKLsLYkXgAfNM-970-80.png
Man, my R5 1600 is poopy even compared to the 3300X, especially with that Ryzen Fix. The game has changed, son of Flynn!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Their really shouldnt be a reason why I'm going below 60 at any point in Cyberpunk on the lowest of low, Haswell CPU or not.

I don't like Cyberpunk that much, 7/10 at best, it has nothing to do with telling you your CPU is considerably slower than the average (not priciest/latest) modern gaming CPU. Maybe if Rockstar had made the game you'd have RDR2 performance, maybe not if they tried to make it the same, we can't really know.

Last edited:

Isendurl

Nah, I'd never play this on consoles even if it were running properly.

Ok, I stand corrected then. I personally started playing DOOM 2016 before Cyberpunk came out and even with that comparison, combat doesn't feel bad to me, but different strokes for different folks I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I do have RT off at this point. I'm aware I've got a bottleneck. This is the first game I've had issue with performance wise with this rig. Appreciate the input guys, still don't think this should be this much of a performance drop.

I do get 60 FPS, but it drops while driving etc.

Just sorta lame.
This is one of the first real next-gen games, so it makes sense that it would be one of the first to give you a hard time. It's a CPU bound game and your CPU is getting up there in years.

Lethal01

you just saw a video that owns that opinion, maybe you're playing it too dull

Yeah, a video showing enemies presenting no interesting challenges "owns my opinion" It's really a pleasure seeing you try to prove you're a bigger gamer than me kiddo.

Making a cool looking montage is easy, Making a game that gives you a fun challenge is hard. Clearly too hard for CD Project Red.

I'll admit it's a good montage though. He does the kinds of things I do when trying to make this game fun.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
You could try reducing the crowd density in the gameplay setting then. It doesn't affect gameplay or anything (and even with the high setting there's a huge difference between real traffic and the distant 2d cardboard traffic effects, the blending is done really badly there depending on the streets/horizon). Is it on SSD?

Just throwing ideas, I only get like ~40fps (often higher but rarely lower so I lock to that). I have a 3770K and put the game on HDD. Also check DF's performance video, some settings aren't worth setting higher than Low (ambient occlusion and some others as they show) and you could gain some fps.

Last edited:

Loostreaks

Oh boi. Seems you skipped that lesson in kindergarten today-we'll-teach-you-feelings-aren't-facts. Plenty of people disagree and say gameplay is a blast in this game. If you're not enjoying it, that' fine: but it's simply infantile to keep persisting in trying to prove it isn't good/fun for others.
The combat is actually...awesome?

The FPS mechanics are spot-on - especially for an RPG with dice rolls behind every shot.

Each and every encounter I've faced is as intense as anything I've played in a straight-up First Person Shooter - sometimes more so.

They nailed the combat🤘💯
Only thing I want them to improve is enemy stealth AI. But other than that it's far better than what I was hoping for.

teezzy

Banned
This is one of the first real next-gen games, so it makes sense that it would be one of the first to give you a hard time. It's a CPU bound game and your CPU is getting up there in years.

I do plan to finally upgrade my Mobo/RAM/CPU later on in the year at some point. I've been putting it off

Thanks for the further input.

You too Alexios Alexios

Yeah, a video showing enemies presenting no interesting challenges "owns my opinion" It's really a pleasure seeing you try to prove you're a bigger gamer than me kiddo.

Making a cool looking montage is easy, Making a game that gives you a fun challenge is hard. Clearly too hard for CD Project Red.

lol what, can you even analyze games, weren't we talking about the mechanics? being that you just used "janky" and "dull"

that video disproved that mechanics are janky and dull. as i said, we all played games for years dude, wwe know the games to reference them to....so we know you're full of shit by saying that is mechnically janky or dull. in comparison to what?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
RDR2 is a game coded for the dinky little CPU in the PS4/Xbox One. And it's a game with lovely art but much simpler lighting and rendering. It is not a game with 100 emissive area lights on screen at any given time and a much less dense world without the same amount of geometry and objects on screen.

RDR2 should actually run a hell of a lot better on your PC than it does. Just because it runs well for you doesn't make it better optimized.

Lethal01

that video objectively disproved your "it's dull" argument though.

Oh boi. Seems you skipped that lesson in kindergarten today-we'll-teach-you-feelings-aren't-facts. Plenty of people disagree and say gameplay is a blast in this game. If you're not enjoying it, that' fine: but it's simply infantile to keep persisting in trying to prove it isn't good/fun for others.

I'm not trying to say anyone is lying about their enjoyment. I'm saying I don't think it's good and explaining why. feel free to disagree. As you said feelings aren't fact, just cause you like it doesn't mean it's good.

Last edited:
RDR2 is a game coded for the dinky little CPU in the PS4/Xbox One. And it's a game with lovely art but much simpler lighting and rendering. It is not a game with 100 emissive area lights on screen at any given time and a much less dense world without the same amount of geometry and objects on screen.

RDR2 should actually run a hell of a lot better on your PC than it does. Just because it runs well for you doesn't make it better optimized.

this guy knows his shit.

it's a ps4 game dude. rdr2 actually runs like shit on pc considering what it is.

teezzy

Banned

I'm playing 1440p overall High/Ultra settings. Averaging 80FPS (it's like 85 tops, 75 low) or so feels fine to me.

I'm hoping for a decent upgrade path by Spring/Summer 2021. Will probably ride out the RTX 2070 XC for a second.

Thanks though Kosmo. Appreciate the insight

Last edited:
w
I'm not trying to say anyone is lying about their enjoyment. I'm saying I don't think it's good and explaining why. feel free to disagree.

you aren't explaining why though lol you aren't being specific at all and usually people that can't be specific don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

every time I argued with you, I gave examples of quests, you got examples of mechanics in comparison to other games. especially other games in it's genre, and why it especially good for it's genre

I asked if you enjoyed other RPG's that have combat as a secondary focus, to see if you can appreciate those games at all and you refuse to even expand on that. you are offering nothing to this conversation, and you are clearly biased against the game without being able to thoroughly back up your ideas. you should be happy to hear a game isn't jank or be proven that the quests are creative. but nope, you want the game to be bad.

did you even complete the game?

Lethal01

lol what, can you even analyze games, weren't we talking about the mechanics? being that you just used "janky" and "dull"

The AI is Janky, the challenges are dull. Double jumping can feel good but there need to be actual fun challenges to do with these mechanics, cyberpunk doesn't offer this.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to say anyone is lying about their enjoyment. I'm saying I don't think it's good and explaining why. feel free to disagree. As you said feelings aren't fact, just cause you like it doesn't mean it's good.

we can be logical about it though and compare the mechanics you saw in that video to other games....thats allim doing. hence why im asking you to refer other games. let's make it logical. you want it to be this up in the air "i feel how I feel" thing.

The AI is Janky, the challenges are dull. Double jumping can feel good but there need to be actual fun challenges to do with these mechanics.

never heard anyone refer to A.I. as "janky" lmao pretty sure you just moved the goal post in order to avoid arguing about the mechanics lmao wowwww you really dont wanna like this shit at all xD

So far I’ve seen people pop in out of nowhere and pop out also,I’ve seen Jackie eat with chopsticks and see another pair suspended in air near him lol.

Lethal01

never heard anyone refer to A.I. as "janky" lmao pretty sure you just moved the goal post in order to avoid arguing about the mechanics lmao wowwww you really dont wanna like this shit at all xD

You are the one who tried to make this purely about the mechanics now you are trying to say I'm "moving goal posts" because I don't play along .

You never heard anyone refer to AI as janky? That's just strange. I'm saying the AI feels braindead with uninteresting patterns, the abilities of the enemies are also mostly uninteresting. Nothing they do make for interesting or engaging gameplay. as a side note the enemies just look goofy whenever they try to melee. So yes, the encounters overall feel janky and dull.

I have no interest in hating this game, I can't wait to dive back in some months so I get to Enjoy the world without being distracted by mediocre gameplay.

Last edited:
You are the one who tried to make this purely about the mechanics now you are trying to say I'm "moving goal posts" because I don't play along .

You never heard anyone refer to AI as janky? That's just strange. I'm saying the AI feels braindead with uninteresting patterns, the abilities of the enemies are also mostly uninteresting. Nothing they do make for interesting or engaging gameplay. So yes, the encounters overall feel janky and dull.

I have no interest in hating this game, I can't wait to dive back in some months so I get to Enjoy the world without being distracted by mediocre gameplay.

do you enjoy rpg's lethal?

and when someone says combat is janky, most assume they are considering the mechanics. as that term is sually applied to mechanics and bad combat is 80% revolved around the mechanics.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Alt is hot as hell. That whole mission was really good. One of my favorites so far. 34 hours or so in, still in act 2 and having few issues and no crashes on XSX. Loving the game as a whole so far!

Lethal01

do you enjoy rpg's lethal?

and when someone says combat is janky, most assume they are considering the mechanics. as that term is sually applied to mechanics and bad combat is 80% revolved around the mechanics.

Oh I love rpgs, and combat is much more than just what mechanics you have to work with. The design of the enemy you are facing and the location you face them in are just as important if you want to make a good game. You design mechanics and then give the players things to challenge how well they can use the mechanics. Do you actually speak to devs? Have you ever been a part of a team that published a game? These attempt to try to claim you are a "superior gamer" with more experience playing/discussing games does nothing but make you look challenge.

Like I said before the AI feels braindead with uninteresting patterns, the abilities of the enemies are also mostly uninteresting. Nothing they do make for interesting or engaging gameplay. as a side note the enemies just look goofy whenever they try to melee. So yes, the encounters overall feel janky and dull. and thus the combat feels janky and dull.

I may or may not like skyrim, And it's possibly that I think Witcher is good. I don't think anything about the discussion changes if I humor the spam of these questions.

Do you like Vanquish? Did you Enjoy FF7:REmake? How much did you play Disco Elysium? Have you tried out Yakuza like a dragon? Did you beat the outer worlds?

Last edited:
Oh I love rpgs, and combat is much more than just what mechanics you have to work with. The design of the enemy you are facing and the location you face them in are just as important if you want to make a good game. You design mechanics and then give the players things to challenge how well they can use the mechanics. Do you actually speak to devs? Have you ever been a part of a team that published a game? These attempt to try to claim you are a "superior gamer" with more experience playing/discussing games does nothing but make you look challenge.

Like I said before the AI feels braindead with uninteresting patterns, the abilities of the enemies are also mostly uninteresting. Nothing they do make for interesting or engaging gameplay. as a side note the enemies just look goofy whenever they try to melee. So yes, the encounters overall feel janky and dull. and thus the combat feels janky and dull.

I may or may not like skyrim, And it's possibly that I think Witcher is good. I don't think anything about the discussion changes if I humor the spam of these questions.

Do you like Vanquish? Did you Enjoy FF7:REmake? How much did you play Disco Elysium? Have you tried out Yakuza like a dragon? Did you beat the outer worlds?

it does change the conversation, (which is why you avoided it) because those games have worse combat than cyberpunk, and if you enjoyed them, then that would contradict the illusion your putting up that you can't understand games that are the sum of its parts. this would make your distaste for cyberpunk...illogical if you could appreciate the witcher 3 and skyrim but not cyberpunk. as in especially the case of the witcher, they do the same things

also, the options you have in what you are able to do in combat plays a huge role in how good combat is...

would you say the a.i. in dishonored 2 is bad, just because stealthgamerbr can do this:

Dishonored 2 Stealth High Chaos (Eliminate Paolo & Vice Overseer Byrne) - YouTube

what you should be amazed by is the level of options he has to creatively express himself through the mechanics. not many games do this. encounter design is good encounter design. same with enemy design, but ever since dark souls, people have been confusing encounter and enemy design, with combat design and mechanics.

souls for example has pretty shit combat mechanics, but it's encounter and enemy design is good. but the combat mechanics are mediocre.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Lord forbid Lethal01 Lethal01 doesn't enjoy the game as much as he expected. No need to bust his balls. It's not like mentioning other titles is going to make him suddenly have a better experience with Cyberpunk overall.

There's enough worth nitpicking in Cyberpunk 2077, especially considering the hype which was swarming around the game prior to release. I'm feeling a solid 8 after my 13 hours or so. Still waiting for something on par with a bloody baron moment. I hear there's some
crucifixion
quest that's crazy and super memorable. Maybe that will be it.

Last edited:

I enjoyed vanquish. though it is purely just an action game carried by it's mechanics.

ff7:remake not a big fan of the separating the story in favor of padding the game with fetch quests.

disco elysium I didn't play.

played the yakuza games, skipped this one as i'm not a fan of turn based these days. outer worlds was beaten.

Lord forbid Lethal01 Lethal01 doesn't enjoy the game as much as he expected. No need to bust his balls. It's not like mentioning other titles is going to make him suddenly have a better experience with Cyberpunk overall.

There's enough worth nitpicking in Cyberpunk 2077, especially considering the hype which was swarming around the game prior to release. I'm feeling a solid 8 after my 13 hours or so. Still waiting for something on par with a bloody baron moment. I hear there's some
crucifixion
quest that's crazy and super memorable. Maybe that will be it.

most people takes on the game is terrible and the compare unfairly to titles that aren't nearly the same. i.e. GTA V. while giving al these other games a pass for being pretty typical in iin comparison to CP.

the people will turn around and say they miss "skyrim" and bash CP. there's a thread full of people bashing cyberpunk who are praising AC Valhalla in another thread.

as a gamer, i don't think this bodes well for our medium personally lol

cyberpunk was hyped for a reason, it looked better than those games. but now it's like mediocrity is just fine, and shit that stands out gets scrutinized more heavily.

like a girl having more fantastical expectations from a hot guy in bed than an average guy. the hot guy could be better in bed than the average guy but not amazing, so he's more disappointing. whereas the average guy can fuck mediocre and it'll be alright because nobody expected much lol

that's cyberpunk vs most games this year.

Royal-Slime

Banned
Stared getting almost stable 60 fps on medium (with some high settings like color precision, etc.) 1080p after 1.05 patch.

ff7:remake not a big fan of the separating the story in favor of padding the game with fetch quests.
Right. It's better to have 100 hours of repetitive nothing so that you would feel like you've "invested your money smartly" :D You people make me laugh.

Last edited:

Lethal01

it does change the conversation, (which is why you avoided it) because those games have worse combat than cyberpunk, and if you enjoyed them, then that would contradict the illusion your putting up that you can't understand games that are the sum of its parts.

Games are a sum of their parts, The combat in cyberpunk is a negative are are many other elements, when you put it all together the many negatives make for an overall bad experience.

also, the options you have in what you are able to do in combat plays a huge role in how good combat is...
Never said it didn't, said that it's nowhere near being the only element.

what you should be amazed by is the level of options he has to creatively express himself through the mechanics. not many games do this. encounter design is good encounter design. same with enemy design, but ever since dark souls, people have been confusing encounter and enemy design, with combat design and mechanics.

Never said that it has not good mechanics, I said there is more to good combat than giving the player tools to make a cool looking combo or something like that. To exaggerate and make the point clear. Even if you have every option from Bayonetta or DMC available to you the combat would be total garbage if enemies did nothing but stand there.

Stared getting almost stable 60 fps on medium 1080p after 1.05 patch.

Right. It's better to have 100 hours of repetitive nothing so that you would feel like you've "invested your money smartly" :D You people make me laugh.

repetitive nothing? explain please....as i earlier indicated that the quests in CP are pretty varied and creative....

fetch quests are literally the opposite.

we've played FF7 before people....

Lethal01

most people takes on the game is terrible and the compare unfairly to titles that aren't nearly the same. i.e. GTA V. while giving al these other games a pass for being pretty typical in iin comparison to CP.

the people will turn around and say they miss "skyrim" and bash CP. there's a thread full of people bashing cyberpunk who are praising AC Valhalla in another thread.

cyberpunk was hyped for a reason, it looked better than those games. but now it's like mediocrity is just fine, and shit that stands out gets scrutinized more heavily.

like a girl having more fantastical expectations from a hot guy in bed than an average guy. the hot guy could be better in bed than the average guy but not amazing, so he's more disappointing. whereas the average guy can fuck mediocre and it'll be alright because nobody expected much lol

And this kind of stuff is what got this whole discussion started in the first place. People keep claiming I or others only dislike Cyberpunk due to expectations when I was never that excited about it in the first place. The only thing that I was really hyped for in it was the world itself and luckily that's the place I feel they had the most success.

I would be fine with playing a 7/10 just to spends some time in that world but the world isn't good enough for me to play through the 5/10 game that I think Cyberpunk is.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned

It is what it is. Cyberpunk is the shiny new toy everyone just had to try. CRPG or not, it's reminiscent of GTA and Deus Ex. People are bound to compare the hacking/stealth/FPS elements to Deus Ex, and the city interactivity, driving, and general ability to have some open-world goofiness to GTA. Cyberpunk pales in those regards because it doesn't specialize in them. It's still an awesome time overall because of the influences which it decides to combine, and does them well enough but to pretend like Deus Ex and GTA aren't masterful in those areas is silly. With that in mind, I'm not comfortable saying that this is better than any of those games.

To each their own. It's all opinions.

Games are a sum of their parts, The combat in cyberpunk is a negative are are many other elements, when you put it all together the many negatives make for an overall bad experience.

Never said it didn't, said that it's nowhere near being the only element.

Never said that it has not good mechanics, I said there is more to good combat than giving the player tools to make a cool looking combo or something like that. To exaggerate and make the point clear. Even if you have every option from Bayonetta or DMC available to you the combat would be total garbage if enemies did nothing but stand there.

funny enough people typically say that the enemies just stand there in bayonetta and DMC in comparison to dark souls lol

and im not conceding that the enemies just "stay there" at all in cyberpunk. they don't. they'll also kill you pretty fast on high difficulties. especially if they're higher level. so if he's playing on a high difficulty what he did is more impressive than anything else. but it's not exactly "oh they just stand there"

And this kind of stuff is what got this whole discussion started in the first place. People keep claiming I or others only dislike Cyberpunk due to expectations when I was never that excited about it in the first place. The only thing that I was really hyped for in it was the world itself and luckily that's the place I feel they had the most success.

I would be fine with playing a 7/10 just to spends some time in that world but the world isn't good enough for me to play through the 5/10 game that I think Cyberpunk is.

to which i said in comparison to what? if you liked the witcher 3, then what would they be doing so differently here that would merit a 5/10? being that they are good at similar things.

unless you dont like the witcher 3?

this is why you don't want to answer this question directly lol

It is what it is. Cyberpunk is the shiny new toy everyone just had to try. CRPG or not, it's reminiscent of GTA and Deus Ex. People are bound to compare the hacking/stealth/FPS elements to Deus Ex, and the city interactivity, driving, and general ability to have some open-world goofiness to GTA. Cyberpunk pales in those regards because it doesn't specialize in them. It's still an awesome time overall because of the influences which it decides to combine, and does them well enough but to pretend like Deus Ex and GTA aren't masterful in those areas is silly. With that in mind, I'm not comfortable saying that this is better than any of those games.

To each their own. It's all opinions.

it's not a valid opinion if you lack the nuance to not compare it to GTA. I never once expected GTA, not once. So I have a hard time understanding why anyone else would. unless you just saw guns and cars and assume GTA...then that means you're dumb lol im sorry. that's how simple people think, and those simple people are affecting this game negatively lol

Last edited:

Lethal01

funny enough people typically say that the enemies just stand there in bayonetta and DMC in comparison to dark souls lol

and im not conceding that the enemies just "stay there" at all in cyberpunk. they don't. they'll also kill you pretty fast on high difficulties. especially if they're higher level. so if he's playing on a high difficulty what he did is more impressive than anything else. but it's not exactly "oh they just stand there"

You don't need to concede, The AI don't do anything the really encourages me to engage the mechanics in a way that make the combat fun.

Geralt is cool

Last edited:
You don't need to concede, The AI don't do anything the really encourages me to engage the mechanics in a way that make the combat fun.

Witcher is passable, I liked the characters.

well there we go, that's all i needed to know. argument done.

not dismissing you. it's just that if what the witcher was doing didn't give you any pause or just makes you say "passable" then that means you don't give a fuck about the shit that i give a fuck about lol and the same shit the witcher is good at, is the same kind of shit cyberpunk is good at. so now it makes sense.

thats why I wanted to ask that question lol so i can end the argument, because that's all i needed.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
it's not a valid opinion if you lack the nuance to not compare it to GTA. I never once expected GTA, not once. So I have a hard time understanding why anyone else would. unless you just saw guns and cars and assume GTA...then that means you're dumb lol im sorry. that's how simple people think, and those simple people are affecting this game negatively lol

Cyberpunk is a CRPG with elements reflective of Deus Ex and GTA.

The stealth/hacking/gunplay isn't as fun or smooth as it feels in Deus Ex.
The level of open-world interactivity and potential for madness isn't on par with GTA.

Doesn't mean it's a bad game.Doesn't mean people are dumb for drawing these parallels. Ultimately, Cyberpunk is borrowing elements of those genres to elevate the CRPG experience it provides.
Calling people "simple" because they expect a game where they can steal cars and shoot pedestrians and have cops chase them down to behave like GTA is a bit much, dude.
Cyberpunk exceeds because of the types of experiences it combines for a very unique flavor, but that doesn't mean there aren't other games which provide those experiences in a way which is more streamlined and enjoyable to others.

Lethal01

not dismissing you. it's just that if what the witcher was doing didn't give you any pause or just makes you say "passable" then that means you don't give a fuck about the shit that i give a fuck about lol and the same shit the witcher is good at, is the same kind of shit cyberpunk is good at. so now it makes sense.

What I think Witcher does well is the dialogue, story, word building and choices. But a game is the sum of it's parts so it's lacking combat and other things hold it back a lot.

Had a feeling passable would get under your skin, only reason I said it despite what I think about the game.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk is a CRPG with elements reflective of Deus Ex and GTA.

The stealth/hacking/gunplay isn't as fun or smooth as it feels in Deus Ex.
The level of open-world interactivity and potential for madness isn't on par with GTA.

Doesn't mean it's a bad game.Doesn't mean people are dumb for drawing these parallels. Ultimately, Cyberpunk is borrowing elements of those genres to elevate the CRPG experience it provides.
Calling people "simple" because they expect a game where they can steal cars and shoot pedestrians and have cops chase them down to behave like GTA is a bit much, dude.
Cyberpunk exceeds because of the types of experiences it combines for a very unique flavor, but that doesn't mean there aren't other games which provide those experiences in a way which is more streamlined and enjoyable to others.

It's simple lol surface level little implementations doesn't override it being an RPG by the same people that made the witcher 3. I expected a game designed similarly to the witcher 3, and prioritizing similar things to it. and what do you know I was pretty much right. I mean we got a blantnt fucking 50 minute demonstration focusing on the rpg elements and quests. that should fucking tell you it's not gonna be GTA .

because it makes more sense to compare the open world rpg title to the other open world rpg title that the same people made lol.

Last edited:
What I think Witcher does well is the dialogue, story, word building and choices. But a game is the sum of it's parts so it's lacking combat and other things hold it back a lot.

Had a feeling passable would get under your skin, only reason I said it despite what I think about the game.

eh i already knew though. I ask questions I already know the answer to all the time lol analyzing you I knew at the very least...the witcher 3 wasn't to you, what it was to me. which would translate into the assessment of cyberpunk. which I find to be a trend amongst many people.

I just wanted confirmation.

I didn't ask you that question...obliviously. and i think you knew that too, which is why you avoided it lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom