• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Loostreaks

I'm seeing 9GB update being downloaded ( from GOG)..is this 1.05 hotfix? ( they haven't updated their description: "coming soon on PC")

Komatsu

I haven't detected any difference so far with 1.05 on PC - game runs no more or no less fine than it did previously. It seems like it did improve the game on the base consoles by quite a bit

Loostreaks

60 hours in, just got into China town...man, this city never stops amazing me. Visual design/architecture, probably my favorite part of town.
And there is something inherently cool about an old Japanese grandma who runs pachinko club, was married to five Tyger Claws bosses, and is a badass fixer.
Hope there is a lot of gigs on her side. ( probably finished most you get from Regina..they could've thrown in a cool car or bike as reward for finishing all their jobs)

zkorejo

QtZ9T4r.png

KLnLAe2.png

icF31E1.png

A64FFCC.png

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
The main thing that's bugging me right now is cars just appearing and disappearing right in front of me. Seems worse after the PC patch last night, but it could also be because I just got to the desert and it's more noticeable there.

VulcanRaven

I will definitely buy this at some point when the glitches have been fixed. The world looks interesting. I just hope that they fix how the police spawn:

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The main thing that's bugging me right now is cars just appearing and disappearing right in front of me. Seems worse after the PC patch last night, but it could also be because I just got to the desert and it's more noticeable there.
There's some PS2-era spawn mechanics at work, for sure.

It seems like vehicles basically spawn outside the player's cone of vision, but the system doesn't take into account the direction or speed of the player in any way. So let's say you're speeding down a road at 100 miles an hour, look around you and out of nowhere you crash against cars which spawned right in front of you. Happens all the time. Or when a car passes you, and you look behind you but it has already despawned, or changed into a completely different car. Wanna cross the street? Look left, look right, walk and out of nowhere get hit by a car that spawned 5 feet away on the left while you were looking right.

It's also hilarious to see those "very dense traffic" sprites in the distance and straight up see them evaporate when you come close. That is especially noticable in the desert where there are longer lines of sight.

Last edited:

KO7

Noticed a few more bugs lately on XsX, and had my first hard crash that caused the system to shut off (second last Claire race).

Couldn’t get out of first person driving view permanently in cars or on a bike and had to reload a save.

Anyone else experiencing the bug where fast travel map no longer shows any other icons except for the fast travel blue destination icons?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
some stat numbers are messed up after patch (pc)

instead of looking likethis: 133.4 DPS

it'll look like:

133, DPS
___4

ignore the black dashes. just doing that to help show what it looks like. i should've took a screenshot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakoe

ohh yh skippy is so funny i laughed, just found him yesterday
and i think i found my first car without roof more like targa style i guess , still so cool when you in cockpit you see all outside too, i never saw those cars in game till now so that makes it so rare then i guess. found it in some garage after i shot all bad guys
and another point of NPC cant pass my car, look how much space is there, though they cant pass me lol so making traffic. i dont see those as bugs or smt just funny stuff
i love this game , its like what i wanted with fallout 4 walking shooting leveling up, and plus horizon 4 racing , driving around exploring. i really like that cars are slippery i think cars in horizon 4 are too much grippy anyway its not that much hard and fun for me to drive there cars, here i like this handling style. i loved horizon 3,4 , but this is like much more for driving it does so good and then its open world to walk jump shoot and such game. so its like gives you so much.

If you're on PC, try this mod:

Finally got this beauty:

Can someone spoil the city only for me please...I'd rather get him earlier than later but dont want to be completely spoiled of searching around for him. I love searching around...now with double jump I can get just about anywhere. My playthrough is getting close to 40 hours and I am under 30% for each of the three blurbs on the home screen or whatever.

I haven't snooped around much but where exactly dbl jump upgrade is located at, cyberware section?..an one more, check your playthrough counter ..pause menu?

Thx!

Null Persp

I can tell that Lethal01 is playing on console lol. I can see how bad performance on console can suck enjoyment from the combat.

But with keyboard and mouse in 60 FPS? Its fucking awesome. This is how combat can look in this game:

That's sick but you have to replace the cyberdeck with a Dynalar Sandevistan Implant and you can't hack anymore.

scalman

Cracked the 70hr mark, whew. Poor Takemura been waiting on me for ages. Did a tonnnnn of side stuff, saved up, went shopping last night. Got some decent clothes w/ mod slots, respec'd, trying out mantis blades instead of grenade launcher...Takemura gonna be waiting a bit longer :)
yh poor Takemura indeed.

zkorejo

Cracked the 70hr mark, whew. Poor Takemura been waiting on me for ages. Did a tonnnnn of side stuff, saved up, went shopping last night. Got some decent clothes w/ mod slots, respec'd, trying out mantis blades instead of grenade launcher...Takemura gonna be waiting a bit longer :)
Takemura has been waiting for ages. I was around 30 something hours when I got his quest. I am now at 60th and still got other stuff to do first.

Last edited:

Null Persp

Same, I am at 90 hours and I am doing all the sidequests, I even found all the Delamain taxis.
Sorry Takemura.

gx5g2eroz5661.jpg

I can tell that Lethal01 is playing on console lol. I can see how bad performance on console can suck enjoyment from the combat.

But with keyboard and mouse in 60 FPS? Its fucking awesome. This is how combat can look in this game:

Yep, it's a different game with mouse and keyboard. Doing my second run and I messed with the controller for walking/shooting for a bit and it sucks.

scalman

nah Takemura is fine , he eats food there and drinks.. hes fine.

but that Skippy funny pistol is brutal man, and shame he doesnt talk anymore while i shoot..
and those insides move on their own still there , they not static there, its even more creepy in game
sSxGIxC.jpg

85LV8iq.jpg

i guess Skippy does what it does best
and seems game runs even better after 1.05 update , im getting smoother and couple more fps then before. its nice.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
" In order to romance Panam, you’ll need to be Male V with a male body type. "

why won't she have sex with my female v she has a penis too!
Well you can nail Judy, which seems like a bigger win. Panam is awesome but that romance sucks hard

Karak

I might be able to clear up something on the review and games and how some get dinged for things.
Ignoring hype for a moment there is pedigry. For many Witcher 3 was a pedigry that a lot of gamers take to heart and reviewers are gamers. So some may find Cyberpunks static world a huge hit. While others may see the lack of typical Ubisoft/Horizon Zero Dawn kind of filler to be the best part and elevate it above the NPC stuff or the AI>
The context should bein the review, however. It takes no time to say why you are pointing that out. To me its far less about someone thinking that and far more about them not passing that data to you

Karak

Sorry for the double post folks.
Can't seem to find a delete button.
sure but everything else is useless if your random npcs and police are crap. that's what i learnt the past week
Well yes for sure that can be a massive downer especially if buy-in into the world is expected or the fiction presents itself in that way and "bouncing" off those aspects is a well established pattern and not unexpected either.

Last edited:
I might be able to clear up something on the review and games and how some get dinged for things.
Ignoring hype for a moment there is pedigry. For many Witcher 3 was a pedigry that a lot of gamers take to heart and reviewers are gamers. So some may find Cyberpunks static world a huge hit. While others may see the lack of typical Ubisoft/Horizon Zero Dawn kind of filler to be the best part and elevate it above the NPC stuff or the AI>
The context should bein the review, however. It takes no time to say why you are pointing that out. To me its far less about someone thinking that and far more about them not passing that data to you
I'm sorry I don't get the Typical Ubisoft / Zero Dawn filler comment here. The game's map is literally filled with quest mark to do the same repetitive stuff over and over to gain levels and extra cash ? There are sidequests there, that do have story to it but that map and mission structure is so filled that it looks like an Assassin's Creed game :D

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

The game is running noticeably worse for me on PC after the patch. This shitty frame-rate along with my general disappointment with some aspects of the game is making it very hard to keep playing this at the moment.

regawdless

Banned
Downloading the patch on PC right now. 43gb? Usually no problem because I have a 1gb cable connection.

But on GoG it loads so painfully slow, 3mb/s? WTF

Fuck that!

Loostreaks

Thing is : no open world game will ever do everything right. Some focus on scale, some on depth, others on interaction, etc.
For the most part, I'm impressed what they did here and this is a big step up for CDPR.
Night City has no equal in terms of environment and level design ( next to other open worlds).
Next to all the side missions in GTA/RDR/Skyrim/AC, "gigs" in Cyberpunk are genuinely enjoyable: some more designed as sandbox scenarios that you can handle in number of ways, others have interesting stories, characters or worldbuilding, or all of this. Not a single one was not worthwhile so far, and some have stronger emotional impact than even main stories in other games. And overall, they are worth doing when it comes to gaining more money and rewards.
I also prefer they focused here on interaction in form of having some direct impact on gameplay than picking up spoons in Skyrim or pointless Rockstar mini games.
What I think they could have done better is integrating more missions in the world: visit car shops to access races, bars and night clubs to learn of other missions, etc. In that sense, CDPR still does Ubisoft (chasing icons on world map), instead of using characters/locations in the world ( which gives more organic flow to exploration, like in Skyrim).
Along with improving npc reactivity/police AI, what I'd really like to see added is more dynamic encounters on the streets: thugs trying to shake you down, threaten and get into a fight with other npcs, hookers approaching people, theft, etc.

Atrus

Gold Member
There are some really good side mission storylines in the game.

Sinnerman Arc:

I was pretty cynical when finding out the hit was on someone in an NCPD vehicle and when the client outright ran st them to do it himself, I wasn't about to save his ass. I'm paid to kill a target so I kill the target, him interfering wasn't part of the deal.

So like Silverhand I'm surprised and curious when the target is a man on death row and there's talk about acting and a production, so I stick around to see what this is all about. Maybe the guy is lying? Then of course you engage in some light philosophical debate with his outlook and realize he really does believe in his rekigious redemption and that Corpos want to make a religious snuff film out of his execution.

I wasn't going to sympathize with a double-murderer but decided to pray with him to humour his last wishes and sit in the audience so he wouldn't feel alone. The death penalty I can understand but the Crucifixion snuff film is the sort of thing that left my character sitting a good minute before I moved.

As soon as I step out of the studio I see 2 female npcs off to the side near a trailor and stroll over to see what they're talking about. It turns out one woman found out the other has made an XBD about chopping up a kid and instead of going to the police she is blackmailing her for all of the profits...

I thought about blowing them away on the spot like I did in one side-mission with a pair of father-son child snuff film XBD editors, but it'd be a drop in the never-ending puddle so I walked away. It's a really fucked up city when you interact with the parts of the world you're allowed to interact with.

The voice acting and scene direction in this side mission was really good.

River Ward Arc: Here's another set of interesting mini-detective stories that are completely engrossing.

In the second mission, I didn't even want to put the controller down. I was all set to head out and help Panam's urgent call when you get River Ward's fucked up mission to find a child serial killer who treats them like cattle.

Again, the writing is really well done as you talk to Joss Ward and her abusive relationship with her dead husband or read the shards the killer had about manipulating people. There's an uncomfortable sense of it all being too close to reality.

The visuals of a ghostly farm at night and the pleasant dawn once you wrap the mission up set an amazing tone.

Dream On: Here is a detective story that I couldn't guess from the outset. The whole arc could have been the basis of a game on its own if expanded on but man do you start to go down a strange rabbit-hole in this one.

I wish the bars and restaurants were interactable in this game like in Red Dead Redemption II. My character would benefit from just stress-eating and getting drunk to process how fucked up Night City is.

Astorian

Finished the game after 38 hours with doing all character specific side quests, will go for the other endings when I manage to get a PS5 for the platinum.

chose the Panam one and let Johnny take over my body, this sure was a very unsatisfying ending, a lot left unanswered, why was there nothing about what happened to Arasaka? What did Alt even do? How did Panam let Johnny go considering she was threatening to kill him during the credits call

Ammogeddon

Still enjoying the game but there are so many things that could improve it further.

Not exhaustive or in any particular order:

- Hide headwear/eyewear/outer jacket etc
- Preview weapon/clothing in menu and at vendor
- Sort weapons by damage not just DPS
- Move item to junk option
- Get rid of the purchase car quests and have garages where you buy them and can also customise them
- Change character appearance throughout game
- Move ‘skip dialogue’ to another button, not great stuck in crouch sometimes
- Better NPC interaction when stealing from them, punching them, crashing into them etc, etc
- Better NPC routines. They literally walk in loops or just disappear if you turn and look behind you sometimes
- Throw stone/can for stealth tactic (different to whistle)
- Reject phone call option, sometimes they call when you’re busy
- Random events like getting set on by gangs in murky streets, attacked by bandits in the desert, helping people in various situations
- Random NPC events
- More collectibles/mysteries, tarot graffiti was over way too quick and tells you where they are
- Buy and customise apartments across the whole map

I don’t think any of these are unrealistic but collectively might be beyond the capabilities of last gen. I personally think it would be a mistake to hamstring the game by catering for last gen beyond the bug fixes.

Top Bottom