• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

SJRB

Gold Member
2mnkD6u.jpg

eFaEIOA.jpg

Ooffffff

SJRB

Gold Member
GoG servers are breaking. So incredibly slow download. I guess I won't be able to play with the patch today.

It might be the actual application of the patch that's taking so long. The download is complete at like 60% and then the download mb/s drops to like 0.1. But actually it's the game installing the patch.

But yeah I agree, it takes forever.

regawdless

Banned
It might be the actual application of the patch that's taking so long. The download is complete at like 60% and then the download mb/s drops to like 0.1. But actually it's the game installing the patch.

But yeah I agree, it takes forever.

I'm only at 38% *crying*

Woo-Fu

Banned
The funniest thing about this game is I haven’t been anywhere near as impressed visually in the city as I have been by the garbage mountains on the outskirts lol. The detail on them is crazy. I’m literally awe struck over the detail of garbage....I must be crazy.
I found the garbage field quite impressive too. Nobody else puts that much detail into a trash heap. :) Finished a playthrough on hard today, about 95 hours to do everything except the beatdowns.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The funniest thing about this game is I haven’t been anywhere near as impressed visually in the city as I have been by the garbage mountains on the outskirts lol. The detail on them is crazy. I’m literally awe struck over the detail of garbage....I must be crazy.
It looks crazy impressive.

You know what other game has crazy impressive garbage mountains? The Division. Just insane.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Hey so I asked this before but never got an answer.

In photo mode, can I decouple the camera without it focusing on V? I basically just want a free-cam. Can I really not do this? Am I dumb? 😩

Ovek

7Member7
Just started the racing side quest and oh my god I’ve never quite seen rubber banding like it. It looks like the game is having a stroke tying to respawn the other cars behind you and for some reason occasionally in front of you.

Of all the clearly cut content this game has and that doesn’t hit the floor, ha the prologue they removed and replaced with a montage video must be been in real bad shape.

SJRB

Gold Member

In photo mode, can I decouple the camera without it focusing on V? I basically just want a free-cam. Can I really not do this? Am I dumb? 😩
You can't. But you can hide V's character model, so the challenge usually is to get V in the proper position so you can point the camera in a specific angle.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
It looks crazy impressive.

You know what other game has crazy impressive garbage mountains? The Division. Just insane.

It’s kinda different though in the sense that they’re freaking giant Skyrim sized mountains of garbage and it’s impressively modelled all the way to the top.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
On Series X outside photomode:

Edit: Guess it was too big lol.
If you run into an issue with size limitations on GAF's built-in image uploading, then I recommend imgbb.com. Upload it, zoom in, right-click 'view image', right-click 'copy image location' and paste that into the little landscape icon on the GAF toolbar, or 'Ctrl+P' for insert image. *Edit* for high-res images(usually 4k or heavy .png) there will be a 'view full resolution' button you need to click to get the full sized image instead of the placeholder they use.

Last edited:

scalman

Yh we wish many things where like in ubi games remember witcher 3? But im ok with what it is rly its amazing journey ...pc versikn didint crashed at all on me and 1.05 runs better then ever. At least for my side quests here. I mean even johny is on side quests.

Nearly 400K users on Steam on a daily basis; the LowSodiumCyberpunk subreddit has almost 100K users and growing; the soundtrack has also been a huge success. It's the first truly next-gen, PC-melting game of the generation. Clearly, lots of people are enjoying the game, yet youtube searches are littered with these low integrity neckbeard reviewers mostly focusing on negatives. I'd really like to see someone go against the grain for once.

JRW

ya after being used to the more free'ish cam photo mode in Control I feel they could improve Cyberpunk's for sure, it feels cumbersome in its current form.

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
Just started the racing side quest and oh my god I’ve never quite seen rubber banding like it. It looks like the game is having a stroke tying to respawn the other cars behind you and for some reason occasionally in front of you.

In the first race I was in 1st place pretty much from the beginning and about 3/4th's of the way through somehow I was in 4th place. I was able to breeze past them once I caught up to them, but they just transported there.

Karak

I'm sorry I don't get the Typical Ubisoft / Zero Dawn filler comment here. The game's map is literally filled with quest mark to do the same repetitive stuff over and over to gain levels and extra cash ? There are sidequests there, that do have story to it but that map and mission structure is so filled that it looks like an Assassin's Creed game :D
What don't you get?

Woggleman

Nearly 400K users on Steam on a daily basis; the LowSodiumCyberpunk subreddit has almost 100K users and growing; the soundtrack has also been a huge success. It's the first truly next-gen, PC-melting game of the generation. Clearly, lots of people are enjoying the game, yet youtube searches are littered with these low integrity neckbeard reviewers mostly focusing on negatives. I'd really like to see someone go against the grain for once.
That is because despite the issues it is a great game. I haven't been this engrossed in an open world in a while.

MadYarpen

You can hug her twice in the game, my man.

So I hope I have one left!

I'm 35h into the game but finished her quest line already. And felt kinda sad expecting there is no more interaction, i really really like her. Games rarely make you care that much about a character...

Karak

Clearly lots of people are also NOT liking it. Going against the grain is a societal grain versus a factual one. If someone LOVES IT. I would rather have them love it. In whatever way that came but artificially going against the grain seems more of a protectorate for a little brother.
But just doing a search showed 4 out of the 20 top results are VERY positive. Since that is driven by the audience well...it is also something about what people are searching not just making

Last edited:

Komatsu

I'm 35h into the game but finished her quest line already. And felt kinda sad expecting there is no more interaction, i really really like her. Games rarely make you care that much about a character...

The last opportunity to hug her is right before the final mission, depending on your choices. I won't spoil it for you. Good luck!

Clearly lots of people are also NOT liking it. Going against the grain is a societal grain versus a factual one. If someone LOVES IT. I would rather have them love it. In whatever way that came but artificially going against the grain seems more of a protectorate for a little brother.

That's my point. There's a clear agenda against this game. Nearly every article and video is strictly focusing on the negatives and trying desperately to bring it down at any costs. Including flat out lying about it, or intentionally not playing the game as intended and trashing it.

Yet the numbers speak for themselves. Many people are playing and enjoying it. Personally, I'd like to see someone focus on the many things that Cyberpunk got right. The execs can go fuck themselves, but the devs deserve praise for this incredible achievement.

My patch is stuck at 92% download, 'applying patches'. Is this normal? Playing through GOG.

I think I restarted while it was working but I can't find any way to restart the patch or check data.

Desaccorde

There's something wrong with 1.05 update on PC. It introduced more glitches like RTX lights flashing on your face with 10.000 lumens, road signs are blinking, textures are worse and there are lots of pop-ins. Not to mention that my FPS dropped at least 10-15FPS in crowded and light heavy areas. Plus the game looks worse? Everyone's literally conveying the same thing, they definitely changed something on the back.

Hardware is RTX3080 and 9900K and people report the same on official forums and Steam. Stutters and dips make it unplayable for me, so downloading the old deposit from Steam and will try to replace 1.05 with 1.04.

Will not touch the game at least 1 year anyway after I finish my playthrough, so 1.04 definitely enough for me.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
That's my point. There's a clear agenda against this game. Nearly every article and video is strictly focusing on the negatives and trying desperately to bring it down at any costs. Including flat out lying about it, or intentionally not playing the game as intended and trashing it.

Yet the numbers speak for themselves. Many people are playing and enjoying it. Personally, I'd like to see someone focus on the many things that Cyberpunk got right. The execs can go fuck themselves, but the devs deserve praise for this incredible achievement.

Add revenue

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I feel like all the outrage I hear about this game is really just the frustration from people who don't have access to an adequate pc

sry guys I feel for u

Last edited:

Karak

I feel like all the outrage I hear about this game is really just the frustration from people who don't have access to an adequate pc

sry guys I feel for u
I have 4. The game has a shit load of issues. That is indeed how games and in particular bugs work. You may get something amazing for this one, me not. And then the reverse the next time.

Most of the complaints I have been seeing are the opposite. Those WITH good computers aren't getting the perf they expect, or are getting bugs, or don't like the systems.

That can't be your point as it would indicate that people are searching for something they are interested in. You are discussing an agenda from the others side.
As for numbers, those numbers check out for people playing the game. They do not check out for people loving the game enough to write an article or do a youtube video.
Though a quick search showed a ton of people liking the game and doing videos and articles.

If you are discussing youtube. Checking simply with my SEO software there is no higher indication for reporting bugs than there is the opposite of reporting you like it. In fact it looks to currently be very close to 50/50

There's something wrong with 1.05 update on PC. It introduced more glitches like RTX lights flashing on your face with 10.000 lumens, road signs are blinking, textures are worse and there are lots of pop-ins. Not to mention that my FPS dropped at least 10-15FPS in crowded and light heavy areas. Plus the game looks worse? Everyone's literally conveying the same thing, they definitely changed something on the back.

Hardware is RTX3080 and 9900K and people report the same on official forums and Steam. Stutters and dips make it unplayable for me, so downloading the old deposit from Steam and will try to replace 1.05 with 1.04.

Will not touch the game at least 1 year anyway after I finish my playthrough, so 1.04 definitely enough for me.
They are aware. I am not sure whats going on with the patch but ya. Seeing a spike of around 10k reports on it. I assume we will hear about it soon. I got the 100% disappearing NPC's bug on 3 platforms

Last edited:
Top Bottom