• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

DeaDPo0L84

Is everyone on PC with a 3000 series GPU playing with everything basically maxed out? I have a 3090 and I've tried the digital foundry optimized settings and it doesn't seem to help at all.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Got the new PC pretty much sorted out. I'm almost to the point of ... you know, actually playing games on it. Of course Cyberpunk was going to be the first thing i try.

Didn't follow this thread for a few days. I'm a little nervous to boot it now that I see so many pc players screwed by 1.05 ...

Madflavor

I have such mixed feelings. I can't remember the last time I saw a great game, held back and brought down so much by it's performance issues and missing content. When I wasn't encountering bugs and AI issues, on the one hand I was loving almost everything that was there. On the other hand I also kept thinking to myself of all the missed potential and content. This game was so not ready to be released. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it really needed another 1-2 years of polish and content that was obviously rushed or cut.

Hopefully one day we'll see it. If CDPR does the minimum effort to improve this game, people won't forgive and forget the shit they pulled and never trust them again. Doesn't matter if the reveal The Witcher 4.

I have 4. The game has a shit load of issues. That is indeed how games and in particular bugs work. You may get something amazing for this one, me not. And then the reverse the next time.

Most of the complaints I have been seeing are the opposite. Those WITH good computers aren't getting the perf they expect, or are getting bugs, or don't like the systems.

That can't be your point as it would indicate that people are searching for something they are interested in. You are discussing an agenda from the others side.
As for numbers, those numbers check out for people playing the game. They do not check out for people loving the game enough to write an article or do a youtube video.
Though a quick search showed a ton of people liking the game and doing videos and articles.

If you are discussing youtube. Checking simply with my SEO software there is no higher indication for reporting bugs than there is the opposite of reporting you like it. In fact it looks to currently be very close to 50/50

They are aware. I am not sure whats going on with the patch but ya. Seeing a spike of around 10k reports on it. I assume we will hear about it soon. I got the 100% disappearing NPC's bug on 3 platforms

How many single player games have 500K daily concurrent users and a subreddit that was created a couple of weeks ago that's up to 100K users and has over 20K users online? Lots of people are playing and loving this game. Plain and simple.

WindomURL

Just ran into an game stopper in mission "Second Conflict,' so beware.
You're directed to go to Totentanz to meet up with Nancy, former member of Samurai. At the entrance of the club, you're supposed to talk to Dum Dum, but he doesn't spawn. CDPR is aware of the bug, and suggested a workaround that requires reloading a save prior to calling Nancy. Problem is, I ran around and did stuff for a long, long time prior to going to Totentanz and after calling Nancy.

Karak

How many single player games have 500K daily concurrent users and a subreddit that was created a couple of weeks ago that's up to 100K users and has over 20K users online? Lots of people are playing and loving this game. Plain and simple.
Not sure. How many are made by CDPR, backed by a massive PR explosion and having issues with its delivery across nations, after 8 years of being prepped and has one of the last legit movie/action stars based around it?
That doesn't inform the discussion. People are playing it and loving it. Yes. People are playing and disliking it. Those are simple and basic but don't enlighten a discussion of a massive agenda. Technically that would back up that there was no agenda.

Loostreaks

Side gigs in this game( and I haven't even touched main and secondary missions) are something else: One has me infiltrating Tyger Claw compounded and rescue a woman being tortured, another I'm stealing from a rich corpo in his high tech drone infested apartment, half an hour later I'm stalked by a Maelstrom cybersycho in a dark alleyway.
Can't believe people are complaining about some stupid pinball minigames.
This game was so not ready to be released. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it really needed another 1-2 years of polish and content that was obviously rushed or cut.
Eh, outside of some occasional pop up or textures being loaded ( even then rarely), I've encountered zero bugs, not a single crash. I'm not sure what you mean by cut content though.

Karak

I have such mixed feelings. I can't remember the last time I saw a great game, held back and brought down so much by it's performance issues and missing content. When I wasn't encountering bugs and AI issues, on the one hand I was loving almost everything that was there. On the other hand I also kept thinking to myself of all the missed potential and content. This game was so not ready to be released. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it really needed another 1-2 years of polish and content that was obviously rushed or cut.

Hopefully one day we'll see it. If CDPR does the minimum effort to improve this game, people won't forgive and forget the shit they pulled and never trust them again. Doesn't matter if the reveal The Witcher 4.
Ya the official guide...is uhm a mind-blowing moment with the cut stuff. God damn. Sad they removed all the reputation systems which I think would have helped. Also I REALLY want to see them put the train system back in.
It does sound like they know about the AI(which is probably the main thing for me as I have yet to die on hardest lol), and they for sure know about the broken skill math. Hopefully Jan will get some correction patches.
It's sad how one crash, or a bug, or a stopper, then throws off the beat of interaction so much.

Last edited:
Decided to install on my wife's laptop just for fun, gtx 1650 and i5 9400. Runs surprisingly well, all medium settings at 1080p locked at 30fps.

Komatsu

Decided to install on my wife's laptop just for fun, gtx 1650 and i5 9400. Runs surprisingly well, all medium settings at 1080p locked at 30fps.

I ran it on a Sandy Bridge PC with a 1070 this morning and it ran fine on Medium-Low.

Ya the official guide...is uhm a mind-blowing moment with the cut stuff. God damn. Sad they removed all the reputation systems which I think would have helped. Also I REALLY want to see them put the train system back in.

Though I very much like how the different life paths affect different conversations - your engagement with Saul is quite different if you are a Corpo or a Nomado, for example - I do have the niggling suspicion that a lot of it was cut. Albernarthy, the Arasaka chief that basically shucks you out of the corpo is never heard of again, for example.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is everyone on PC with a 3000 series GPU playing with everything basically maxed out? I have a 3090 and I've tried the digital foundry optimized settings and it doesn't seem to help at all.

I am with an RTX 3080, but at 1440p and DLSS on Auto.

Not sure. How many are made by CDPR, backed by a massive PR explosion and having issues with its delivery across nations, after 8 years of being prepped and has one of the last legit movie/action stars based around it?
That doesn't inform the discussion. People are playing it and loving it. Yes. People are playing and disliking it. Those are simple and basic but don't enlighten a discussion of a massive agenda. Technically that would back up that there was no agenda.

Having a massive PR campaign isn't a guarantee that your game will sell. CDPR's success is well deserved.

You said it yourself, only 4 out of 20 results were positive CP2077 videos. I have yet to a single positive news article on the Google News feed. Yet, as I've pointed out, the game has been well received by tons of fans. Especially those on PC who know better than anyone else that many games won't run perfectly upon release.

It's really too bad about the console versions, but in the end, we'll have an awesome game that'll be supported with tons of content for years to come.

PC is usually the platform that gets the rough end of the stick so it's nice to be on the other side for a change. RDR2 for PC was literally unplayable on release.

Btw, I'm looking forward to your Walk The Walk series on CP2077.

Last edited:

Woggleman

If this was actually a bad game people wouldn't be so mad about the bugs. The reason the bugs have angered people is because many want to play it in a good state. I have heard of people buying Stadia just to play this game in a good state.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It does sound like they know about the AI(which is probably the main thing for me as I have yet to die on hardest lol), and they for sure know about the broken skill math. Hopefully Jan will get some correction patches.
It's sad how one crash, or a bug, or a stopper, then throws off the beat of interaction so much.

Yeah, I'm around 25 hours in and really enjoying the game for what it is, but it does feel like they just managed to get the really core systems, missions, and environments all built out and working relatively well before they were forced to ship. As a package, it just feels so bare bones which is completely counter to how insane the scope and detail of the world is. Many systems, such as the police/crime system, feel like they are placeholder and the AI is laughably bad.

Such a damn shame. As it is, the game is definitely in my top 10 of the year, but I feel like if it got another year in the oven it would easily be one of my favorite games of all time. As it is, I can't shake the feeling that I should stop playing and just wait until it's been patched and had some expansions released before really digging in, as I know I'm getting a suboptimal experience right now, even if that experience is not bad at all. Very conflicted.

Karak

Yeah, I'm around 25 hours in and really enjoying the game for what it is, but it does feel like they just managed to get the really core systems, missions, and environments all built out and working relatively well before they were forced to ship. As a package, it just feels so bare bones which is completely counter to how insane the scope and detail of the world is. Many systems, such as the police/crime system, feel like they are placeholder and the AI is laughably bad.

Such a damn shame. As it is, the game is definitely in my top 10 of the year, but I feel like if it got another year in the oven it would easily be one of my favorite games of all time. As it is, I can't shake the feeling that I should stop playing and just wait until it's been patched and had some expansions released before really digging in, as I know I'm getting a suboptimal experience right now, even if that experience is not bad at all. Very conflicted.
What sucks is, and I think a LOT of people just aren't picking up on it. That how you play could also mean you could run into AI problems 10x more than the next guy. That kind of stuff. So ignoring bugs for a moment just the lack of the system can hurt ALOT for some people.

I ran it on a Sandy Bridge PC with a 1070 this morning and it ran fine on Medium-Low.

Though I very much like how the different life paths affect different conversations - your engagement with Saul is quite different if you are a Corpo or a Nomado, for example - I do have the niggling suspicion that a lot of it was cut. Albernarthy, the Arasaka chief that basically shucks you out of the corpo is never heard of again, for example.
Ya its stunning how little Life Path is used just in total since its...your whole life. Its weird and I have checked a number of mid and 3 late quests with 2 different life paths and a third middle tier quest with 3 of them and the discussion changes for like 2-3 sentences and then dives back.,

Now that's not like some break or some damnable issue. It is just that A LOT of focus was made on that mattering

Karak Karak are you just delaying your review until the big patches come?
No I am covering all systems and just making sure its what I want to say. I am sure people will hate me regardless and so that's my favorite part.

Like one thing is the broken sound. In some ways its just factually broken and I am not sure how all the reviews came out and NO ONE mentioned it. Or voices completely wrong in some quests or layered and screaming in one sentence and normal in the next. So I am recording a lot
And FYI that is not a ding on reviewers it is a ding on...well the sound haha. Which works awesome when it does but has a huge number of actual channeling errors that boggle my mind.

Last edited:

UncleMeat

Finished my second play-through tonight; did street kid first then Nomad. I feel like maybe I should wait to do my corpo chick playthrough but I don't know if I can hold off. :messenger_beaming: Both endings were pretty amazing, hard to think of any game I've played that have done it better.

I feel bad for the devs, they made an amazing game but they deserved more time to finish the game. I can understand the management side of it too, you can't just let a game stay in development forever, eventually you gotta ship but in hindsight they must know it would've been better to wait a little longer. Hopefully in the future they won't set a release date and will just take a "it'll be ready when it's ready" approach.

I just hope CDPR can bounce back, the game sells well and we get some good DLC and eventually some sequels out of it. I do think the hate train has been over the top but to be fair I also played on XSX and had a mostly good experience , lots of little bugs but nothing major.

zkorejo

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a lot of cut content around Meredith Stout. Not just as a legit romance option, but as a Corpo contact for V, with Corpo related missions.
I can't help but feel this way too. It's the only gripe I have tbh.

And maybe the story should have been longer. Witcher was a bit too long and this is a bit too short. Somewhere in the middle would have been a sweet spot.

Woggleman

I can't help but feel this way too. It's the only gripe I have tbh.

And maybe the story should have been longer. Witcher was a bit too long and this is a bit too short. Somewhere in the middle would have been a sweet spot.
The favorite complaint of the past couple years have been gamers complaining about games being too long so I get it. You can't have all this content people want while also having a short game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What are some of the worst dips you are seeing in FPS? I am running the same, and still see some dips as low as 39-41 FPS. Usually I am running 57-70 though.

I haven't noticed any dips. I don't have an FPS display on, so can't be sure, but I'm running on a LG CX at 120hz with adaptive sync and it feels like it's running well above 60 at all times.

zkorejo

The favorite complaint of the past couple years have been gamers complaining about games being too long so I get it. You can't have all this content people want while also having a short game.
It's only like 30 main quest missions though. I think it's less for a RPG. Anyone buying a RPG should be prepared to put some time in the game.

Pantz

XlLyU9v.jpg

Woggleman

It's only like 30 main quest missions though. I think it's less for a RPG. Anyone buying a RPG should be prepared to put some time in the game.
True. I never complain about getting more game if I like the game but the latest complaints on message boards are how games are too long and don't respect the player's time so here we are. They make up for it in the side quests though.

zkorejo

True. I never complain about getting more game if I like the game but the latest complaints on message boards are how games are too long and don't respect the player's time so here we are. They make up for it in the side quests though.
To me, games feel longer when it's lacking plot, bad characters, slow progression or when story missions feels repetitive.

Like Red dead redemption 2; (he had a plan for like centuries but didn't do anything with it). Or TLOU 2; where they had no idea what they were doing with the main plot so introduced lots of uninteresting side characters and wasted time on their stuff. Or Witcher 3 felt longer because Geralt kept looking for Ciri for like 50 hours. These stories felt long because they were bloated at some point due to which they felt repetitive.

IMO Cyberpunk should have had around 50 main quest missions instead of 30. They could have kept it interesting with the inclusion of other street gangs, unused story potential with Meredith and maybe other characters at Militech.

Or maybe I'm enjoying the game too much and don't want to end it, which is why I'm going out of my way to avoid story missions at the point I am at in the game.

Reactions: KO7

Woggleman

We will agree to disagree about those two games you mentioned but I do wish the story was longer. The stuff that happened in that montage should have been playable. That being said some of the side missions have great stories of their own. The characters in this game are really good.

The update completely borked my frame rate holy sh*t. I can’t believe we can’t roll this back to 1.04. No amount of tweaking can get me even close to what I had before, so strange...I’m getting like half the frames or less than before 🧐

I think they should have made Night City based in Seattle. This is the first time I've ever been upset about it not raining enough in an open world game. It looks absolutely stunning when it's raining at night.

Woggleman

I think they should have made Night City based in Seattle. This is the first time I've ever been upset about it not raining enough in an open world game. It looks absolutely stunning when it's raining at night.
It might have been too soon with TLOU2 based there. It sort of reminded me of a futuristic version of 1970s New York.

Hawk269

Finished my second play-through tonight; did street kid first then Nomad. I feel like maybe I should wait to do my corpo chick playthrough but I don't know if I can hold off. :messenger_beaming: Both endings were pretty amazing, hard to think of any game I've played that have done it better.

I feel bad for the devs, they made an amazing game but they deserved more time to finish the game. I can understand the management side of it too, you can't just let a game stay in development forever, eventually you gotta ship but in hindsight they must know it would've been better to wait a little longer. Hopefully in the future they won't set a release date and will just take a "it'll be ready when it's ready" approach.

I just hope CDPR can bounce back, the game sells well and we get some good DLC and eventually some sequels out of it. I do think the hate train has been over the top but to be fair I also played on XSX and had a mostly good experience , lots of little bugs but nothing major.

They actually at one point where doing that. In one of the big E3 video's at the end of the video it said "Release Date: When it's Ready". They were touting that for while that they did not want to announce anything about the dates until they felt the game was ready...but yeah that kind of got thrown out the window.

J-Roderton

So I’ve got the physical version for base Xbox. Wife just surprised me with a Series S. No disc drive. So, with the upgrade to next gen am I able to choose the digital version or how does that work?

Should I just go get the refund?

Warablo

The hover legs can only be bought from Fingers. Spoiler if you want to know how to buy them.

You cant punch him when you encounter him, or else he refuses service

Woggleman

It's funny how people are having different experiences with the patch. It's almost night and day better on the One X after it for me.

Hawk269

So I’ve got the physical version for base Xbox. Wife just surprised me with a Series S. No disc drive. So, with the upgrade to next gen am I able to choose the digital version or how does that work?

Should I just go get the refund?
Get a refund. No way to convert a physical to a digital product. Take the game back and buy the digital code or get MS points and buy it on the Xbox Store. Heard it runs pretty good on the Series S, so enjoy. Your other choice is to take the Series S back and get lucky and find a Series X!

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Get a refund. No way to convert a physical to a digital product. Take the game back and buy the digital code or get MS points and buy it on the Xbox Store. Heard it runs pretty good on the Series S, so enjoy. Your other choice is to take the Series S back and get lucky and find a Series X!

Oh yeah. Disc came from Walmart. Looked on website just now and it appears they sell the digital codes as well, so that should work. Excellent. Thanks for the info.

harmny

Banned

sure they'll never forgive CDPR. people are still pumped for bioware's next game and they released Andromeda and Anthem back to back...

luffie

Finished the game on normal, melee is absolutely busted.

Defeated final boss using a regular legendary Katana, 1600+ dps, lvl 33. I was just there swinging my sword on a dps race, wasn't even moving, before my stamina could even finish the boss died.

10/10 Arasaka made the best katana.

JayK47

Still love this game. Last mission was difficult and the boss battle bugged out on me. Previously on a boss battle, I was bugged and invincible. This time it was the boss's turn. His energy bar disappeared and I am pretty sure I dealt enough damage for a kill. Eventually killed him. The story, unlike many movies and games, is not predictable. I am constantly surprised by the story and characters and the more I play it, the more I am getting into the systems and combat. I am using the remote hacks a lot more now. Still no show stopping bugs.

Neil Young

Name's Neil, play on One X. Have about 30 hours in, no hard crashes, think it looks and plays great. If I didn't read about video games, I would not think there was anything really wrong with the game apart from some glitches. Game is fantastic.

A couple observations. I find myself staring at Judy. One time, she scolded me and told me to focus. Very funny. Noticed the people playing guitar actually strum and move their hands to the music. Nice detail. Also, for the future, so many people are playing cards. Decks of cards everywhere, along with dildos. I spend a large amount of time picking up dildos, cards, and ashtrays to sell. THAT'S roll playing!

The hover legs can only be bought from Fingers. Spoiler if you want to know how to buy them.

You cant punch him when you encounter him, or else he refuses service
I'm on my second run and I can tell you that this game is full of these small choices that at first don't seem to matter but in the end have serious consequences.

A lot of this stuff reminds me of original Fallout 1/2. It's great.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I like how my character is progressing. I feel like he's becoming more Cyberpunk. That's probably Johnny Silverhand's doing.
Cybritches420.jpg

At this point the game is playing like a mix of The Division 2 and Mass Effect in first person view. Game works great right now. Less bugs than ever. I still have the debug menu, so I guess they didn't pull it.

Top Bottom