• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Kadayi

Banned
How many PC players are using a controller? Sometimes things can get cramped when I'm tying to do a quick succession of crouching running hacking jumping.

I'm going to try an Xbox controller later to see if that makes things easier but I do love mouse aim. I wonder of inventory management might be easier too. The inventory is such a pain.

Most of the time tbh. I do a lean in job, so when it comes to gaming I prefer a lean-back experience. However, for the shooting competition, I opted for M&K because it made more sense.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I found a way into the building in 'Getting Warmer' (SOS: Merc Needed) - if anyone finds a way to trigger Okadas call, please reply. Going for plat trophy, but this gig is bugged for me.

Ammogeddon

I can’t believe I’m at the point of no return main campaign mission. I still feel like the game has just started yet I’ve put loads of hours in. Going to focus on all these side missions for a bit.

Reactions: KO7

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I don't understand; I have a 1080ti and i5 8600k, and even if I turn the game down to 1080p low preset settings and crowd density to low, the frame rate still chugs when driving through the city. Is this normal? Is it impossible to get something close to 60 fps in this game with my setup?

Not really. I had the same setup but I had an i7 and was able to barely manage 40fps around the market/Vs apartment. Less busy areas I hit 60fps consistently at 1080p though.

I was bottlenecked by my CPU and you seem to be as well.

Time for an upgrade (I just did 😉)

TIGERCOOL

Stop! HAMMER TIME!

Thank God this game is in 1st person view. I've never sacrificied looks over stats as much as in this.
MUCaDNI.jpg
I had those god awful pants for way too long. Couldnt sell them fast enough when I got an upgrade.

Komatsu

Problem with PC gaming is that there is no middle ground. You have to either run top tier hardware (3090) or have to do deal with too many compromises. Developers rarely optimize out of the gate and you have to throw as much raw power at these games as possible. Similar to last nvidia generation, I won’t upgrade my 2080ti with anything less than a 3090ti or equivalent, otherwise PC gaming just wouldn’t be worth the headaches.

I am sorry -what!? Cyberpunk aside, nothing beats the modularity, flexibility and sheer configurability of PC gaming. Mid-tier PC hardware can easily squeeze out significantly better results than even cutting-edge gaming consoles and with so many tools that do heavy lifting in regards to settings, tweaking, etc., it has never been easier.

With a GTX 1070 and a i5 4xxxx / Ryzen 5 2xxxx and some very basic tuning, you can play Cyberpunk, Witcher, Crysis (yes, Crysis) with absolutely gorgeous visuals.

I have half a dozen rigs at my disposal, from a Sandy Bridge from 2012 to a i7-9700F and I have absolutely no idea of what you refer to as “too many compromises”.

I mainly game on consoles myself - don’t like touching PCs when I am not at work - but let’s not kid ourselves here.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Finished it on pc. Not that many bugs but I did had to reload last save like 5 times.
Story was good, characters too. Liked the atmosphere and graphics. Some of the endings left me with a really nice, warm feeling.

I do think having so huge open world is really pointless. The game does not really benefit from being that bit and having so many quests. The skills are also just meaningless since every door you can hack, power or tech open and so on.

The strength of this game was in characters and world building and visuals. The city itself is crap.
I also disliked the horrifying amount of calls, gigs and side missions. Some are fun but you can do these for 50 hours and it adds nothing to the story (though some are fun).

The game was like 7 or 8 for me. Kinda feels it would be better style of more focused open world like witcher3 or mass effects had.

Edit. Keanu was amazing. Panama, Jackie, Judy and Misty too. Main character I grew tired of hearing his tone but he looked really good in ending scenes

Last edited:
How many PC players are using a controller? Sometimes things can get cramped when I'm tying to do a quick succession of crouching running hacking jumping.

I'm going to try an Xbox controller later to see if that makes things easier but I do love mouse aim. I wonder of inventory management might be easier too. The inventory is such a pain.
Only for driving. Shooting / slashing with katana using a controller feels sluggish. Also navigating menus is a nightmare. Game is simply better with mouse and keyboard.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The main theme of the game is explored also in soma. I kind wish 2077 would touch up more on this aspect of the topic.

Anyway, cheers to cdpr for making a game that makes you wonder these topics. The story is really nice and it's a shame the game will be remembered by it's bugs and rather generic gameplay systems

Last edited:

Wizzlight

Neo Member
I really like this game and I think it's brilliant, and I'm really fucking mad at CDPR for releasing it in this state, and I'm not even talking about bugs. If they gave developters like 1 extra year this could have been a GoaT contender. I still believe in the game and I think they could turn it around, the game's skeleton is 10/10, it just wasn't ready for release.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
FYI there's a bug in the Regina quest "Monster Hunt" where you are tasked with killing a brothel dude. The keycard is bugged so you have to do the quest this way in order to get the loot in the locked room (or have enough body stat)

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Getting some 30ish FPS drop in crowds in the parade mission at 1080p ultra RT with a 10700k and a 2080ti wtf 😳
Dense crowds hammer this game. I dropped crowd density to medium (it's under gameplay settings) and it's a lot more consistent now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
FYI there's a bug in the Regina quest "Monster Hunt" where you are tasked with killing a brothel dude. The keycard is bugged so you have to do the quest this way in order to get the loot in the locked room (or have enough body stat)

Holy shit after reading Reddit comments apparently there is a way to glitch the door open. I used my shotgun to blast one of those life signs monitor stand things over and jam it in front of the door. I then crouch jumped on it in front of the door and it glitched me through lol. I guess I don't have to restart the mission anymore thank god.

MrMephistoX

Finished it on pc. Not that many bugs but I did had to reload last save like 5 times.
Story was good, characters too. Liked the atmosphere and graphics. Some of the endings left me with a really nice, warm feeling.

I do think having so huge open world is really pointless. The game does not really benefit from being that bit and having so many quests. The skills are also just meaningless since every door you can hack, power or tech open and so on.

The strength of this game was in characters and world building and visuals. The city itself is crap.
I also disliked the horrifying amount of calls, gigs and side missions. Some are fun but you can do these for 50 hours and it adds nothing to the story (though some are fun).

The game was like 7 or 8 for me. Kinda feels it would be better style of more focused open world like witcher3 or mass effects had.

Edit. Keanu was amazing. Panama, Jackie, Judy and Misty too. Main character I grew tired of hearing his tone but he looked really good in ending scenes

Just curious since I just got past the title screen tutorial...does the open world ever start to feel random like Red Dead 2 or even Yakuza? I see so much going on and it feels like a random city but there’s like zero interactivity or random shit to stumble upon like I was expecting.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I can't play the game but I plan on buying it on GOG for when I eventually can.

I watched a bit of the main story and was pleasantly surprised. I had no interest in the game but the whole Soulkiller stuff and all really pulled me in. I'm sold and bugs aside, which will eventually be fixed, the game looks incredible and fun as all hell.

Last edited:

Connxtion

Not sure if we can post how to get to place we ain’t meant to get to in here 🤷‍♂️

How to get to the mansion easily with 1 jump. Though you need double jump and the slowdown dodge.

I love the verticality of this city, you can get on a crap load of building you’re not really meant to 😂

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Not sure if we can post how to get to place we ain’t meant to get to in here 🤷‍♂️

How to get to the mansion easily with 1 jump. Though you need double jump and the slowdown dodge.

I love the verticality of this city, you can get on a crap load of building you’re not really meant to 😂

The more I see of this game, the more I want it.

I am sorry -what!? Cyberpunk aside, nothing beats the modularity, flexibility and sheer configurability of PC gaming. Mid-tier PC hardware can easily squeeze out significantly better results than even cutting-edge gaming consoles and with so many tools that do heavy lifting in regards to settings, tweaking, etc., it has never been easier.

With a GTX 1070 and a i5 4xxxx / Ryzen 5 2xxxx and some very basic tuning, you can play Cyberpunk, Witcher, Crysis (yes, Crysis) with absolutely gorgeous visuals.

I have half a dozen rigs at my disposal, from a Sandy Bridge from 2012 to a i7-9700F and I have absolutely no idea of what you refer to as “too many compromises”.

I mainly game on consoles myself - don’t like touching PCs when I am not at work - but let’s not kid ourselves here.
at what resolution? 1080p? 1440p? Not worth the headache PCs bring. If you’re gaming at 4K/60 fps+, then maybe fucking with the settings with every release is worth the extra effort. Even then, it can still be a headache.

Dorohedoro

Holy shit that Rhino fight was pure torture, probably took me like 20 attempts what the hell. This must be the Dark Souls of Cyberpunk quests.

cryptoadam

Banned
Ok now that i got the hang of it upgraded some hacks and figured that melee weapoons are op the game is pretty fun. All though alot of it is the same of just killing guys.

The city is also so empty on PS4. It reminds me of no more heros on wii.

Someone tell me you can get a better katana?

Also what does crafting do ?

I Destroyed the core, felt a little bad after, but it was the right choice.
Same
I
merged them using netrunner skills
. Felt it was a good middle solution. Got a shitty
car instead of $
and I needed it badly so I wasn't satisfied lol:)
I wanted to do that, but didn't have high enough INT. I got a car too, so not sure it would have made a difference.

I spend a long time trying to get that door open. I even dragged Jotoro's body over thinking maybe you needed to scan his fingerprint or something. Couldn't find anything after searching online other than high body will let you open the door.

I wonder if I can go back there.

luffie

Ok now that i got the hang of it upgraded some hacks and figured that melee weapoons are op the game is pretty fun. All though alot of it is the same of just killing guys.

The city is also so empty on PS4. It reminds me of no more heros on wii.

Someone tell me you can get a better katana?

Also what does crafting do ?
You can, iirc just go back to your apartment and buy from Fred a legendary quality one. It will probably has more dps than all your weapons by a mile. 400+ dps on other weapons, 500+ on legendary katana, 1500+ on legendary regular katana.

Crafting allows you to craft legendary/better versions of your iconic weapons.

Darkmakaimura

It’s my GOTY and prob going to be one of my fav of all time.

I was just joshin, choom
The game just looks like pure fun. I'd love for a space opera game to be like this. As in like a space flight sim but you land on planets and can explore ruins and fight aliens, etc.

Hell, I even checked the tabletop Cyberpunk Red and have a renewed interest in Shadowrun.

All said and done, I'm definitely buying this off GOG because despite all the hate, I love CDPR and GOG. And sometime eventually I'll have a rig able to play it and by then, it'll be polished up.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Playing at 100 fov on the couch makes for no motion sickness, which is impressive for me. I've avoided so many games because of this. Now that my PC is in the living room I might give Doom '16 another try.

Anyway, thoughts on the game so far.
Just finished the Disasterpiece mission (they name a lot of mission titles after songs, it seems). I was able to stealth into the main building. Before I did this, I killed the net runner outside and hacked hi computer to deactivate the cameras. It was pretty cool. Only weird thing is, you have access to all the cameras on each floor. The enemies don't load in until you get to that level. So each time I reached a new floor, I had to look through the security system to tag enemies. Oh, and spoiler
So weird that you can see Evelyn's body just chilling, and no remarks from V? Not bothering to let Judy know she's there and in rough shape? Nothing?

The brain dance sequences are such a cool concept. I am hoping they continue to do cool stuff with them throughout the game. I am also hoping they don't overstay their welcome or become annoying, which some devs tend to do with cool ideas.

The atmosphere in this game is top notch. I love just walking through the city streets. It's such a gorgeous game. I have probably spent an hour or more in my ~15 hours so far, just walking around and starring at the scenery.

God damn am I enjoying this game.

Warablo

I settled things with him, amicably ( well...relatively), but his door is closed, so I can't talk to him. Is this something you can do later on ( assuming when you're done with the quest related)?
You gotta complete the one relevant quest in order for his door to open.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
You know, beyond the existing controversy about bugs, CDPR really did a disservice to their review scores by only giving people 5 days with this game. There's so many great little side quests and plot threads in this. I haven't touched the main story in a couple days. The side quests can be just as character and plot driven at times.

Loostreaks

Finally it started raining. ( had to do a story mission/Double Life). Hope it never stops. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

The brain dance sequences are such a cool concept. I am hoping they continue to do cool stuff with them throughout the game. I am also hoping they don't overstay their welcome or become annoying, which some devs tend to do with cool ideas.

So far they've been great ( way better than "Witcher senses"/Batman vision/etc)...really fits cyberpunk noire, perfect for detective quests. I bought a bunch from that vendor: can you play them on your own?

Loostreaks

Crazy optimism here, but if they wanted to get back in gaming community good graces, going an extra mile in mod support would probably be their best option ( next to bug fixing, DLCs, etc).
This game is such a perfect fit for it.

cryptoadam

Banned
You can, iirc just go back to your apartment and buy from Fred a legendary quality one. It will probably has more dps than all your weapons by a mile. 400+ dps on other weapons, 500+ on legendary katana, 1500+ on legendary regular katana.

Crafting allows you to craft legendary/better versions of your iconic weapons.

How much does it cost?

Maddux4164

Banned
Crazy optimism here, but if they wanted to get back in gaming community good graces, going an extra mile in mod support would probably be their best option ( next to bug fixing, DLCs, etc).
This game is such a perfect fit for it.
They’ll go No Man’s Sky level. Bet!!!

Is there a good crafting guide anywhere? Mine is only level 5 but I haven't found shit. I guess you buy all the blueprints?

Also, when you jack in to a vending machine or network and extract "epic" or "legendary" quick hack components, what the fuck is this?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
after a few days of doing side ops, i went back to the main mission. ended up shooting my way out of a strip club. you have to hand in your weapons at the start, so you have to pick things up as you make your way through the level. at one point i had a katana and decided to use it (for the first time ever) and yeah, that was amazing, just slicing through baddies in this enclosed space. then there were all the interludes by you know who. i love it, the part he plays in this game. it's a shame that spoilers are a thing at all, because they should be advertising "you basically play as a cool alternate version of Neo".

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I haven't touched the main story in a couple days. The side quests can be just as character and plot driven at times.
I've been at the "meet Dex" story quest for the last 24 hours or playtime lol. I'm having too much fun figuring out the game mechanics and how to cheese everything.

This is me

scalman

I found enemies AI is next gen as they run to attack you then stumble on one guy that fell down and fall to ground as well. Then you have some time until they get up to attack them. Iv never seen that before in video game i think. Feels very realistic and feels much more imersive as they not perfect

Top Bottom