• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Madflavor

It'll happen 100%, but people love riding the hate train while it's hot.

Just look at No Man's Sky. It's nearly a different game now than it was at release.

I wouldn't say 100%. It ultimately comes down to management I think. Even have the development team want to make it a much better game, they can just end up getting cock blocked by management.

I would say during these next 6 months, if they announce their planned DLC expansion, then that's a bad sign.

JonkyDonk

Not that i know of. Shield has a feature for upscaling to 4K but that's about it.
I think it highly depends on your connection - i have 150mbit via ethernet.
Here are couple screenshots from my laptop: Screen1 Screen2 Screen3 Screen4 thats on high settings without RT
Make sure to set your resolution in geforce now to 1080p.

Half of the servers were down. They should be up again.
Do you have the founders sub?
Depending which server you choose you can get queue times in the evening, even with founders sub.
Although it didn't happen to me in the last days - had a 1 minute queue like an hour ago (EU Central 4 server).
My connection is not the best, I'm on Wifi and not close enough to my router for 5Ghz, so that is probably having an effect. I subbed up for a month just to try this game, but I don't think it's working out.

Kadayi

Banned
I don't understand; I have a 1080ti and i5 8600k, and even if I turn the game down to 1080p low preset settings and crowd density to low, the frame rate still chugs when driving through the city. Is this normal? Is it impossible to get something close to 60 fps in this game with my setup?

I'm running it at 1080P on 1070Ti, albeit I have a better CPU (i7 9700 and 32 GB ram) but I'm got it on a mixture of settings

Try looking here for some recommendations: -

rabbitontherun

Neo Member
My connection is not the best, I'm on Wifi and not close enough to my router for 5Ghz, so that is probably having an effect. I subbed up for a month just to try this game, but I don't think it's working out.
That's probably it.
I tried it with my laptop and wifi (5Ghz and like 2m away) and the connection is noticeably less stable and thus also the game.

I wouldn't say 100%. It ultimately comes down to management I think. Even have the development team want to make it a much better game, they can just end up getting cock blocked by management.

I would say during these next 6 months, if they announce their planned DLC expansion, then that's a bad sign.

I'm pretty confident that they'll fix the bugs, add improvements and release DLC's. This isn't some indie studio we're talking about.

JonkyDonk

I'm running it at 1080P on 1070Ti, albeit I have a better CPU (i7 9700 and 32 GB ram) but I'm got it on a mixture of settings

Try looking here for some recommendations: -

It seems like regardless of the graphics settings or resolution, any time I'm moving fast through the city the frame rate goes to shit. Maybe the 8600k is just incapable of dealing with this game, I dunno.

Madflavor

I'm pretty confident that they'll fix the bugs, add improvements and release DLC's. This isn't some indie studio we're talking about.

I'm confident too, I just don't want to set expectations for myself where I believe it's going to be guaranteed. CDPR are in a very bad situation right now. It's true they made a shit ton of sales, but with the way their stock fell, plus the lawsuit they're facing, I don't know. It's possible that management will decide to have them do the bare minimum. Fix the bugs, release the dlc, and then move on to the next game.

John Day

on a note, after patching was the first time game actually reset my settings (ps5). Anyways, going slow but loving every bit i play.

El_Cinefilo

Even from a business standpoint I think it makes sense for them to put the effort in to fix the bugs and polish it up more. Create a a bunch of Quality of life changes and maybe add back in some cut content and relaunch the next gen version as Cyberpunk: Samurai edition or something. It'd generate a bunch of sales to new people/the people they refunded and make them look like the good guys again.

Woggleman

I'm confident too, I just don't want to set expectations for myself where I believe it's going to be guaranteed. CDPR are in a very bad situation right now. It's true they made a shit ton of sales, but with the way their stock fell, plus the lawsuit they're facing, I don't know. It's possible that management will decide to have them do the bare minimum. Fix the bugs, release the dlc, and then move on to the next game.
If anything I think the people in charge would want them to redeem this game so they will put the full force behind it. At least I hope so because this game deserves to be fixed to it's best condition.

JonkyDonk

Looking at the official forums, it seems like a lot of people are having performance issues with the game, even with much better PCs than mine. And the latest patch, as I had suspected, actually made performance worse for some.

Racing is hilarious in this game. You are constantly worried about hitting cars or geometry that hasnt loaded in yet. My first race I drove through what looked like a solid wall only to realize it was just a glitch.

Iamborghini

I don't understand; I have a 1080ti and i5 8600k, and even if I turn the game down to 1080p low preset settings and crowd density to low, the frame rate still chugs when driving through the city. Is this normal? Is it impossible to get something close to 60 fps in this game with my setup?
Maybe you are cpu limited

Loostreaks

The game's use of the first person perspective really is groundbreaking. Haven't seen anything like it, narrative-wise.

PmvxLth.png
It's more like a really strong combination of things. Outstanding character models, dialogue flow, writing, animations, voice acting, the music ( so damn good. And always kicks in at the right moment and just "fits the scene"), camera direction, player also being animated..
In almost every FP game, protagonist feels like a static prop everyone talks at, here I'm completely glued to the chair with scenes that feel more intense than combat in other games.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How many PC players are using a controller? Sometimes things can get cramped when I'm tying to do a quick succession of crouching running hacking jumping.

I'm going to try an Xbox controller later to see if that makes things easier but I do love mouse aim. I wonder of inventory management might be easier too. The inventory is such a pain.

SJRB

Gold Member
How many PC players are using a controller? Sometimes things can get cramped when I'm tying to do a quick succession of crouching running hacking jumping.

I'm going to try an Xbox controller later to see if that makes things easier but I do love mouse aim. I wonder of inventory management might be easier too. The inventory is such a pain.
I've been using a Dualshock from the first moment, it works perfectly for me but in fairness I'm one of those weirdos who can't play games with kb/m.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
seeing some of the positives on cyberpunk here. I think they wil patch this up really well, and hopefully add some extra functions people really want and find missing. Get in good grace again. Release dlc as good as blood and wine and they are back on track.
I think the big problem is gonna be the retail market. There are gonna be so many unsold copies that by the time they get a solid patch or next-gen upgrade out, it's gonna be $12.99 at Gamestop. With a free next-gen upgrade.

I use a DS4 for driving. Keyboard is horrible for vehicle controls.

Loostreaks

The hover legs can only be bought from Fingers. Spoiler if you want to know how to buy them.

You cant punch him when you encounter him, or else he refuses service
I settled things with him, amicably ( well...relatively), but his door is closed, so I can't talk to him. Is this something you can do later on ( assuming when you're done with the quest related)?

GC_DALBEN

Has anyone else done the sidequest Sinnerman? That was some truly deep and fucked up stuff on the level of the deeper meaningful sides in W3. And the more I think about it, the more I think about different things I could’ve done that would’ve completely changed the outcome 😮

Such a cool quest, and easy to end it early (without the cool part), the ending was so good, the last "scene" of the quest is very powerful, i really liked this quest, theres a LOT of awesome quests in this game.

MadYarpen

Racing is hilarious in this game. You are constantly worried about hitting cars or geometry that hasnt loaded in yet. My first race I drove through what looked like a solid wall only to realize it was just a glitch.
I noticed something different. I had a very quick car and just drove into the distance. I have an impression the opponents kept spawning behind me just to be able to shoot me. If you want to make a race difficult just make them go faster ffs...

I don't know if I'm gonna continue with this game. It runs just poor enough on my PC to ruin my enjoyment, and the idea of building a new PC at the moment is not very viable. Everything is out of stock and very overpriced; it's just not worth it. I think I might wait for the proper PS5 version to come out and all of the bugs to be fixed before giving it another try.

There is a part of me that wants to opt out of high end PC gaming entirely. I'm not sure I care to put up with all the bullshit that comes with it anymore. The new console experience is quite PC-like and should be good enough for some years, and there will probably be a Pro model when I want to upgrade.
Problem with PC gaming is that there is no middle ground. You have to either run top tier hardware (3090) or have to do deal with too many compromises. Developers rarely optimize out of the gate and you have to throw as much raw power at these games as possible. Similar to last nvidia generation, I won’t upgrade my 2080ti with anything less than a 3090ti or equivalent, otherwise PC gaming just wouldn’t be worth the headaches.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't know if I'm gonna continue with this game. It runs just poor enough on my PC to ruin my enjoyment, and the idea of building a new PC at the moment is not very viable. Everything is out of stock and very overpriced; it's just not worth it. I think I might wait for the proper PS5 version to come out and all of the bugs to be fixed before giving it another try.

There is a part of me that wants to opt out of high end PC gaming entirely. I'm not sure I care to put up with all the bullshit that comes with it anymore. The new console experience is quite PC-like and should be good enough for some years, and there will probably be a Pro model when I want to upgrade.
Use GeForce Now. I've tried it and it's pretty good.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
If you run into an issue with size limitations on GAF's built-in image uploading, then I recommend imgbb.com. Upload it, zoom in, right-click 'view image', right-click 'copy image location' and paste that into the little landscape icon on the GAF toolbar, or 'Ctrl+P' for insert image. *Edit* for high-res images(usually 4k or heavy .png) there will be a 'view full resolution' button you need to click to get the full sized image instead of the placeholder they use.

Well here it goes:

Better with HDR but ehhh.

Tahj

Still going abt clearing the map; really like how there's been good epic, sometimes legendary, drops on a lot of the tiny police-based events (blue icons).

That said, probably no Cyberpunk for me til tomorrow :( as I took my PC in for upgrade installations & cleaning :) Going from 16 > 32gb RAM, & from a GTX 1070ti > RTX 3060ti.

scalman

would be nice if you could jump on it and fly ...
XMItcUe.jpg

you can jump on it.. but thats all i guess
qBF2bqP.jpg

got tired of my legendary clothes and Johny special clothes so was starting to change those to normal ones i find in loot again.
fNpFy7R.png

kXoIn5D.png

hDFNwlG.png

OverHeat

« generous god »
Getting some 30ish FPS drop in crowds in the parade mission at 1080p ultra RT with a 10700k and a 2080ti wtf 😳

scalman

someone said what those means
5sGbw1t.png

i think middle one is all about Johny how much you learn his story and his past not from main missions but from side ones , and one on right is all about your biochip and what to do with it about Mikoshi and stuff with that again from side missions. so i will see how much i could now do those all sides without going into main.

HotPocket69

Banned
Such a cool quest, and easy to end it early (without the cool part), the ending was so good, the last "scene" of the quest is very powerful, i really liked this quest, theres a LOT of awesome quests in this game.

Dude it’s SO easy to end it early 🤣

And I imagine most players will do exactly that not even realizing what lies ahead if they hadn’t had such an itchy trigger finger!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Figuring out ways to defeat super high level enemies is hilarious. I've been baiting them out into the open and then running them over with my car. Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

SullaFelix

Neo Member
Getting close to 40hrs and not done Act 2. I think I'm going to do some more of the main quest tonight. Does anyone know if more activities (e.g., scanner hustles, side gigs) get added in Act 3? I clear the Northside and Japan Town and the achievements didn't pop.

regawdless

Banned
You know that a game is fucked when you have a crazy fast internet connection but the freaking 51GB patch is downloading and installing for two days over GoG. A platform owned by the devs.

Countless restarts, errors, shit download speed. Now it's stuck on 92% and "applying patches" for 4hrs. While still displaying fluctuating download speeds. While showing that the 51GB have been downloaded.

What. A. Clusterfuck.

iorek21

Just finished Panam’s storyline and romance. Man, she’s the best girl!

Though I’m sad that there seems to not be anymore content for her, no new dialogue, no options to hang out etc.

Wish there was more to romance than that.

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
I don't know if anyone will read it, but I just want to say that...
...audio in this game is the best experience of such in gaming for me - when you go out to the streets, my double sub-woofers and 7 speakers speak so realistic and immersive sounds that me instead of talking to Jackie I sat and took my (real life) coffee and enjoyed my self for a while.

waylo

Banned
I use a DS4 for driving. Keyboard is horrible for vehicle controls.
Is it like GTA, where I can use the controller for driving, then just set it down and mouse and keyboard just works? I can go back and forth freely? I saw someone say it didn't work like that, so I just haven't bothered trying. Driving would be the only thing I'd want to use my controller for.

FarmerGiles

Is it like GTA, where I can use the controller for driving, then just set it down and mouse and keyboard just works? I can go back and forth freely? I saw someone say it didn't work like that, so I just haven't bothered trying. Driving would be the only thing I'd want to use my controller for.
It's exactly like that. Buttons prompts will change automatically and everything

Kadayi

Banned
It seems like regardless of the graphics settings or resolution, any time I'm moving fast through the city the frame rate goes to shit. Maybe the 8600k is just incapable of dealing with this game, I dunno.

I don't know how you managed to read an entire thread in the 6 minutes between me posting and your response, but you might have missed this

Top Bottom