• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Braag

Almost 90 hrs. Talk to dum dum mission stuck , there is no dum dum by the door just 3 other dudes. Restarting mission doesnt fix that. Just went to do other missions. Not sure will it fix, if not ill just leave it as it is then. I do side missions from list just in random order as i look at map and just picking nearest yellow circle. Still going strong not much blue icons left on map but still some and then more yellow. I think new side missions appear as you read everything and hack every laptop that you find there. Plug it in baby. Yes. Let me pick those letters and hack this.
It was little sad when i got johny clothes one by one but i allready have better ones in all stats so get those earlier in game must be better feeling.

I have the Dum Dum glitch as well. Left the mission for now as I couldn't progress.

scalman

They sure are great
2UzOj21.jpg

Stop Making Sense

Neo Member
Im so what sorry for that backlash, but i just dont get it.

Whats the Problem?
There were other Games (no mention of any of the obvious "ProblemGames" to circumvent any Comparison)

Yeah.. the Bugs are numerous... as them are (or were) in any other OW-Game this Gen.. FO4 was minimum the same, including Crashes. More so, the Crashes are, not that frequent as on Release, but are still present.

This is a great Game. So much to see, to do, and play in an RPG-way.... iḿ feelin a lil' segregated from all that discussion 'bout that game.

I only can see, that the PR-Department has fucked up clearly. They should have told the Customer what them are up to. They failed in that Department clearly... aside of that.. its a great Game .. marketed falsely

*playin' on PS4mateur (1fst Rev.)

Last edited:

Loostreaks

They need to rebalance/fix some hacking exploits, but it's super fun to take over a camera in this game and then hack other devices, manipulate people through it. You feel like a sci fi wizard toying with people behind the scenes.

Im so what sorry for that backlash, but i just dont get it.

Whats the Problem?
There were other Games (no mention of any of the obvious "ProblemGames" to circumvent any Comparison)

Yeah.. the Bugs are numerous... as them are (or were) in any other OW-Game this Gen.. FO4 was minimum the same, including Crashes. More so, the Crashes are, not that frequent as on Release, but are still present.

This is a great Game. So much to see, to do, and play in an RPG-way.... iḿ feelin a lil' segregated from all that discussion 'bout that game.

I only can see, that the PR-Department has fucked up clearly. They should have told the Customer what them are up to. They failed in that Department clearly... aside of that.. its a great Game .. marketed falsely

*playin' on PS4mateur (1fst Rev.)
There are flaws, for real, but there is no similar game out there that tries and succeeds in as much. It takes on Obsidian ( quest design and rpg mechanics), Rockstar ( world scale, detail and dynamic), Bioware ( story, emotional aspect, characters), and Bethesda ( exploration and variety of playstyles).

I have the Dum Dum glitch as well. Left the mission for now as I couldn't progress.
Wait, wut? You get a mission with him if you resolve things peacefully with Maelstrom or this is part of that main story mission ( acquiring the spiderbot)?

I'm on my second run and I was finally able to complete one quest in city center that completely glitched out for my the first time.

An Inconvenient Killer gig SPOILER:
I was surprised you could just convince your target to leave the city without killing him. Dialogue option for this was pretty obvious so ultimately it felt cheap but a nice touch regardless

Last edited:

Mozzarella

They sure are great
2UzOj21.jpg

Alt Cunningham looks so good, her scene is still my favorite scene in the game lol, it was so energetic, the music and what happened just mix together perfectly.
I always watch people debate on Panam and Judy and i always thought that Johnny actually had the best girls.
Rogue also looks good, but she is far from Alt imo.

I thought Evelyn Parker looks good but then i got shocked at what happened in her questline.
Yeah, a bunch of good looking girls in the game, i did not expect that.

Panam and Judy are fine, I think Judy questline was more personal while Panam questline was more like a gang or a family. The atmosphere and emotions seem stronger with Judy, I think i still prefer Panam over her but by a hair. Both are around the same.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
does anybody else skip all the dialogue and have no idea whats going on this game

still so good tho :messenger_confounded:

so nice to finally have a game not gimped by consoles

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Barry, what the fuck, bro?
Offed himself over a turtle. What a sad end. I assume there's a happier way to resolve this questline?

scalman

that feeling when you shoot bikers and they leave you this... well thank you , ill just pick one for now
yVN1Sr4.png

that time i chose that one, and it has very bad turning , turns like bus damn . but city full of free rides just do activities all around place and you will see
ndPf4IZ.png

i can find and drive cars like those
T9a1fdS.png

but i really preffer more those, more nimble , enough power, still RWD
aPi8sxG.png

and Rogue is very nice, for now, hope it will stay same good
6TRdtLG.png

that guy was very cool , nice gun and coat, i would like that coat myself
AswY7XD.png

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
that feeling when you shoot bikers and they leave you this... well thank you , ill just pick one for now
yVN1Sr4.png

that time i chose that one, and it has very bad turning , turns like bus damn . but city full of free rides just do activities all around place and you will see
Every vehicle in this game turns like a bus.

scalman

Every vehicle in this game turns like a bus.
well just no, did you even tried diff cars ? , this ? this car turns too fast even, its hard to turn on higher speeds as its become hard to control really, and other small cars turns very good
Cyberpunk_2077_guide___Where_to_get_new_cars.0.png

and that bike to left from orange one turns much better as front wheel is not turning but it leans on side, drove it and i can turn around with that one on very small radius
yVN1Sr4.png

Last edited:

aries_71

There's one game mechanic I don't seem to understand. Why sometimes I cannot use the Breach Protocol on a unsespecting target? Plently of memory available, not in conflict yet, but breach protocol is grayed out.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I finished the game and was left just a tad deflated after an otherwise pretty great experience. A few thoughts:

- The glitches were quite annoying, but that's all they were. They lessened my overall experience but did not impact my feelings on the game design.

- CB 2077 impressed me but fell short of expectations in some ways. I wasn't even on the hype train, but I've seen some of the features they promised and they were sorely missing.
It was perfectly reasonable to expect car & police chases. That would have been a great way to utilize the setting of Night City, but the world just didnt come to life to that extent and the a.i. is a weak link, which fails at highlighting or even utilizing the fantastic level design.

- Side quests are great and fully worth exploring, if you are enjoying the campaign. There is a slight narrative dilemma in taking up sidequests, but I still found them highly enjoyable. While most stuck to stealth and action sequences, I enjoyed the varied locations and unique storylines.

- Combat was one area which was better than I expected. For one, I loved the pistol with homing-bullets. It felt so cool to use and complimented the futuristic setting. I've seen a lot of complaints regarding perks but I enjoyed those too. Combat really opened up once I purchased the double-jump upgrade, and it was fun to unlock stealth abilities, such as holding a weapon while carrying a body. I found the combat upgrades meaningful.

- Buying real estate and upgrading cars would have given a lot of life to the game. Especially if they could implement content that makes them meaningful. Give us something to do at home or provide more races, with rare prizes and quests.

- I'm very curious about the DLC plans. I'm struggling to remember how it was treated in The Witcher 3. Did DLC take place after the main story? I'm not really interested in playing the first 6 months with Jackir or really doing anything that doesn't progress the story and world forward. That said, if they really want to bring me back with DLC, they will have to make adjustments and improvements to the game world, by implementing some of those ideas that were apparently left on the cutting-room floor.

- I played on Hard and it was a pretty great difficulty for a first playthrough, but I'd say almost too easy for many people here. I wouldn't suggest playing on normal, unless you are the type of person who likes to really chill out while playing games. Hard forced me to choose upgrades wisely and implement stealth, but barely so. I'll be playing the next difficulty up if I play the game again.

Overall, I hope I don't sound too negative. This was one of my favorite game experiences this year. It oozes style, nearly to Kojima levels, and I really dig that. It's a fun world to be in and I'm rooting for CDPR to wrangle me back in with some updates and DLC to maximize the games potential.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I really want to play this game, but it's going to have to be on PS5. Should I go for it?

If you don’t mind small bugs and the possibility of a progress locking one (I had 1 in my 12 hours and I had to reload a save) and the game crashing every 1.5 hours? If yes? Go for it. If no? Wait for the January or February patch.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
lol. the dude gave you cyberwear even though your broke ass couldn't afford it. he was doing you a favour. imagine owing someone money and expecting them to give you something else just because you paid them back. i hope you don't do that in real life....

I don’t role play myself in games.

scalman

Judy NSFW.. its camera's fault but must be done to remember . nice textures there. i guess its once in game so might as well look at that properly. without photo mode you would never even saw this, so here it is
aMrghzu.png

gYBrXTW.png

1FY0AIz.png

eopp3sz.png

7beCj29.png

XQFkeD1.png

ZQWxGEk.png

jimrf4h.png

of course its nothing compare to Alt scene

Last edited:

Azaroth

It's going to be very interesting to see if the eventual PS5 version will have a performance option that is 60ish FPS and still has some level of ray tracing.

cryptoadam

Banned
I feel like I don't even know half the things to do in this game after reading peoples replies.

What does breach protocol do exactly? You get money when you hack machines, but what does it do on enemies? And I don't really understand the hacking game.

You can take over camera's and hack people? Didn't know that.

How do I use smart weapons? Do I have to buy some sort of cyberware and then shoot it certain way?

Double jumps? Must come later on in the skill tree.

I think the bad early impressions are from

1-last gen versions. They really suck. I have had so many crashes. The game is FUGLY. And the city is empty. So the bad AI is even worse because there is no one around
2-Game is overwhelming and doesn't tell you much to start. There should be more forced side missions that open up different skills/perks in the game for you to guide you through it. So like a forced stealth/hacking mission, forced melee mission, forced shooting mission, forced driving mission etc... I had a big problem at first where I was in an area of the city that I was underpowered and had no idea and was getting merced every 2 seconds.

If you stick with the game it starts to click and get fun. Unfortunately on last gen it won't ever look as good as it does on PC. And the city AI will probably never improve.

Overall I won't be taking the refund and will power through it on PS4. Can't wait to start unlocking more perks and becoming an overpowered god even though with my Katana now I can usually slice through anyone. My goal is to be able to fuck the shit out of those damn netrunners though. Fuck them right in the ass.

CDPR should have scaled back the graphics and focused more on the AI and some systems like owning real estate/cars taking over parts of the city etc... They over promised on that aspect and under delivered. So far the city is just a reason for me to find people to kill and loot. I don't maybe I am missing something and there is more to it than that. Took me forever to figure out that melee was OP and I can buy more hacks.

zwiggelbig

I'm at the Arasaka mission now and when I entered the building all I did was go to every person who had a conversation with someone else and listened in on that. Thats really fun and interessting! I love that! This also happens in the city sometimes. Love those moments. An dam all those npcs look so fucking amazing.. And some are hot as fuck dam

Last edited:

timothet

For people telling that crafting is useless. I present you the destroyer:
IuxV1OT.png

That thing 1-shots everything standing in its way(Including Trauma Team). I don't even have that many perks in handling pistols(Level 9 Reflex attribute). There is one perk(Grand Finale) that would basically double its damage to over 11k DPS.

Azaroth

I'm holding off for now but am really looking forward to playing soonish. Build question for those who might have an opinion.

I typically like mage characters in RPGs, and it seems like high intelligence with a lot of hacking abilities is the equivalent for this game. But I've also seen people mention that, while powerful, that eventually can get a little boring because you're basically killing everyone through a menu system, and aren't really engaging. And since this is a shooter, I'd like to have firearms (probably pistols) be one of my combat options so that I can mix things up.

Has anyone tried a build that focuses on Intelligence, Reflex, and Cool thrown in for stealth? I'm sure it's possible, just wondering whether spreading attribute points around that much would be kinda meh since it would basically mean you wouldn't get any of those attributes very high until pretty late in the game.

MadYarpen

I'm holding off for now but am really looking forward to playing soonish. Build question for those who might have an opinion.

I typically like mage characters in RPGs, and it seems like high intelligence with a lot of hacking abilities is the equivalent for this game. But I've also seen people mention that, while powerful, that eventually can get a little boring because you're basically killing everyone through a menu system, and aren't really engaging. And since this is a shooter, I'd like to have firearms (probably pistols) be one of my combat options so that I can mix things up.

Has anyone tried a build that focuses on Intelligence, Reflex, and Cool thrown in for stealth? I'm sure it's possible, just wondering whether spreading attribute points around that much would be kinda meh since it would basically mean you wouldn't get any of those attributes very high until pretty late in the game.
Yes, I have such character. It plays nice. I use mix of rifles, melee and hacking. Killing someone without even entering his floor was nice. Although now I think I'd rather focus on two main stats, not three. And using a lot of hacking limits your combat skill development, so I am not sure it is the best way to go. At the moment I think I should have focused on quick combat hacking if anything form intelligence.

On the other hand I really, really like skill checks in dialogues in RPG. And it has quite many of them - so investing in intelligence, or cool does give you also this benefit.

Azaroth

Yes, I have such character. It plays nice. I use mix of rifles, melee and hacking. Killing someone without even entering his floor was nice. Although now I think I'd rather focus on two main stats, not three. And using a lot of hacking limits your combat skill development, so I am not sure it is the best way to go. At the moment I think I should have focused on quick combat hacking if anything form intelligence.

On the other hand I really, really like skill checks in dialogues in RPG. And it has quite many of them - so investing in intelligence, or cool does give you also this benefit.
Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I'm thinking focusing on two main stats (at least for quite awhile) might be a better way to go. One more quick question if you've got any thoughts on it. In terms of opening doors, would you recommend some points in technical ability? I don't think I'll focus much on crafting, but wondering if there's any actual content I'll miss if I don't put any points in Body or Technical Ability, and thus won't have the option to open most doors that require that. Kinda don't want to dump points into a stat just for doors, but if not having it actually locks one out of content (and by "content", I mean side quests, not just access to a room or path), I may just wanna put some points in TA.

Last edited:

Shouta

For people telling that crafting is useless. I present you the destroyer:
IuxV1OT.png

That thing 1-shots everything standing in its way(Including Trauma Team). I don't even have that many perks in handling pistols(Level 9 Reflex attribute). There is one perk(Grand Finale) that would basically double its damage to over 11k DPS.

That thing is mad dumb even if it only has one shot per round. I found the Smart SMGs more useful though like Divided We Stand at Legendary. You just kind of aim high and the bullets home in for headshots.

Crafting is also really good for clothing mods that you can't really buy or harder to find like the Critical Hit and Critical Damage ones.

MadYarpen

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I'm thinking focusing on two main stats (at least for quite awhile) might be a better way to go. One more quick question if you've got any thoughts on it. In terms of opening doors, would you recommend some points in technical ability? I don't think I'll focus much on crafting, but wondering if there's any actual content I'll miss if I don't put any points in Body or Technical Ability, and thus won't have the option to open most doors that require that. Kinda don't want to dump points into a stat just for doors, but if not having it actually locks one out of content (and by "content", I mean side quests, not just access to a room or path), I may just wanna put some points in TA.
I don;t think I was locked out from a quest due to low tech. From a certain path of course, quite often acutally. I'm intelligent but cant open door, so often I need to find alternative route. It is not an issue for me tbh.

Top Bottom