• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

luffie

Is there a good crafting guide anywhere? Mine is only level 5 but I haven't found shit. I guess you buy all the blueprints?

Also, when you jack in to a vending machine or network and extract "epic" or "legendary" quick hack components, what the fuck is this?
Imo crafting is a bit useless, since you have to invest a lot of points in tech to make it worthwhile.

You simply get rarer crafting materials when u successfully jack in, but you are unlikely to get any legendary materials until near endgame. And you can also buy legendary quality weapons from vendors.
Perhaps not as good as manually crafted ones, but with the points invested in other attributes, I believe it will end up the same or even better because other attributes and perks makes you even deadlier.

scalman

And out of nowere underwater mission with judy was so good and suprised for sure that this game can have so good underwater feeling as it did. That darkness deep down was so scary those voices in head ... was creepy for sure but felt so good.
I guess you in that very special friendzone with her when she really open to you in all means but its not going further, like real good friend and it feels fine rly and enough. Its still satisfying and bring you very close
1IE7TJp.jpg

Last edited:

Tschumi

This game has really gotten its teeth into me. The tutorial section was a real warm up, but when that heist plays out to your conclusion, the game goes into warp drive and you really sink into the city. I think a lot of people who refunded must not have got very far in, but there is real gaming delight to be found here. Considering how much Sutherland contributed to MGS 5, this game's use of Kanunu Reeves is delightful and generous.

It's time to buy the game again, refunders, they're patching it up and it's only going get better.

Last edited by a moderator:

2AdEPT

Just had sex with Panam.

Got a legitimate erection.

At my age, that's braggable.

God's speed fellow nerds.
Get rid of the PC version and M+KB, lay that dualshock down on your "lap" and let the party begin!!! Visuals arent everything! THe PC crew dont know what they are missing?!?!?? There may be even more "functional" aspects for the next gen console controllers come the spring. (console players ensure your vibration setting is maxed)
I settled things with him, amicably ( well...relatively), but his door is closed, so I can't talk to him. Is this something you can do later on ( assuming when you're done with the quest related)?
You gotta complete the one relevant quest in order for his door to open.
You are both missing that the door being closed is not enough to stop you. I will remind you of a back to the future quote mixed with a hint? Doors? Where we are going we dont need Doors. i.e. Try the window ;)

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Just curious since I just got past the title screen tutorial...does the open world ever start to feel random like Red Dead 2 or even Yakuza? I see so much going on and it feels like a random city but there’s like zero interactivity or random shit to stumble upon like I was expecting.
Not really

KO7

Does Johnny’s gun and Porsche become available in Act 2 or 3? Surprised I haven’t gotten to that mission yet so deep into the game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dries

Also, wondering about what M Pondsmith is thinking about the launch. Hopefully him and CDPR are still on good terms.

Imo crafting is a bit useless, since you have to invest a lot of points in tech to make it worthwhile.

You simply get rarer crafting materials when u successfully jack in, but you are unlikely to get any legendary materials until near endgame. And you can also buy legendary quality weapons from vendors.
Perhaps not as good as manually crafted ones, but with the points invested in other attributes, I believe it will end up the same or even better because other attributes and perks makes you even deadlier.
I invested heavily in crafting during my first playthrough and with the money saved on guns I was able to buy every car in the game.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Watching more playthroughs, I think Keanu Reeves drops more f-bombs in 5 minutes then he has in all his movies ever made combined.

SJRB

Gold Member
Guys. I’m on “Ghost town” mission

getting my ass whipped. Tips?
Lower the difficulty?

One of the next missions [Riders on the Storm] was brutal, I just reloaded an older save and ignored the mission until I was a bunch of levels higher.

The difficulty spike is pretty wild if you just follow up the Panam sidequest back to back, I feel you're definately not supposed to do some of those in the earlier stages of the game.

A random tip: always check the journal for the difficulty indicator. If it says "moderate" you're good to go. If it says "very high", chances are you might wanna level up a bit before taking that mission on.

Last edited:
The difficulty spike is pretty wild if you just follow up the Panam sidequest back to back, I feel you're definately not supposed to do some of those in the earlier stages of the game.
This is true. You defiantly shouldn't ignore the difficulty levels under missions name in your log if mission requires shooting. When it comes to stealth missions, you can complete them easily even if your character is on much lower level (I play on very hard).

klosos

70 hours in now still loving it to bits, Johnny Silverhand is such a prick and his great for that.

also there is a surprising amount of interiors in this game which is great, however i don't know about cut content and what not but I would of loved Cyber-Gwent in this.

scalman

Almost 90 hrs. Talk to dum dum mission stuck , there is no dum dum by the door just 3 other dudes. Restarting mission doesnt fix that. Just went to do other missions. Not sure will it fix, if not ill just leave it as it is then. I do side missions from list just in random order as i look at map and just picking nearest yellow circle. Still going strong not much blue icons left on map but still some and then more yellow. I think new side missions appear as you read everything and hack every laptop that you find there. Plug it in baby. Yes. Let me pick those letters and hack this.
It was little sad when i got johny clothes one by one but i allready have better ones in all stats so get those earlier in game must be better feeling.

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
I Destroyed the core, felt a little bad after, but it was the right choice.

The third option is actually the better choice, which I'm assuming you didn't have the right conditions to expose in the options.

You can opt to merge all the Delamain's into one to successfully neutralise them

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
Lower the difficulty?

One of the next missions [Riders on the Storm] was brutal, I just reloaded an older save and ignored the mission until I was a bunch of levels higher.

A random tip: always check the journal for the difficulty indicator. If it says "moderate" you're good to go. If it says "very high", chances are you might wanna level up a bit before taking that mission on.

Level difficulty is also pegged to the area you're in (and note...)

Enemy Level tops out at 42, with V's potential to go to Level 50

Last edited:

NeoLed

Is there a good crafting guide anywhere? Mine is only level 5 but I haven't found shit. I guess you buy all the blueprints?

Also, when you jack in to a vending machine or network and extract "epic" or "legendary" quick hack components, what the fuck is this?
Blueprints or specs are from random drop and random shop inventories. The skull icon (Organized Crime activity) usually give rare-legendary-iconic specs too

Quick hack component is in intelligent tree : "Quickhack". Level 5 perk can kickstart the quickhack crafting

scalman

I found difficulty of fight depends from what faction you fight too like whats they combat style some are more running into you or throwing granades a lot when others dont do that at all. Now im at lvl where i can jump in middle and just shoot everyone down with widow maker. Could still die quick is there will be some explosives around and someone shoot at those. But almost no cover now as no need body is 20 allready and others over 12

JonkyDonk

I don't know how you managed to read an entire thread in the 6 minutes between me posting and your response, but you might have missed this

I'd already seen that thread. That's the thread where some lunatic started ranting at me and threatening to kill me for no reason.

As I also said before, I've tried lowering the settings as low as they can go and I still can't get a stable frame rate so I don't know if anything else is going to help me.

scalman

That dum dum mission could be fixed maybe... i played first part of it so long ago i forgot everything i did though. So this wont work for me, maybe for other it will
168629-663b3d95470e4fca07595cde9dccd20f.jpg

luffie

And out of nowere underwater mission with judy was so good and suprised for sure that this game can have so good underwater feeling as it did. That darkness deep down was so scary those voices in head ... was creepy for sure but felt so good.
I guess you in that very special friendzone with her when she really open to you in all means but its not going further, like real good friend and it feels fine rly and enough. Its still satisfying and bring you very close
1IE7TJp.jpg
yo, pls don't post such big spoilers like this man, put a tag.

GC_DALBEN

The third option is actually the better choice, which I'm assuming you didn't have the right conditions to expose in the options.

You can opt to merge all the Delamain's into one to successfully neutralise them

Yes, i had no choice, :(, i felt bad about dellamain, but i was satisfied about my ending of the quest, what happens when you merge then?

This guy is the biggest drama queen on youtube, basically he does everything he can to exploit and min max these systems like crazy and then complains when the save files get corrupted... it's like they're totally fine with stuff being exploitable so long as the outcome benefits them but the second there's a negative outcome YOU BETTER FIX IT SO WE CAN GO BACK TO EXPLOITING YOUR ECONOMY. Grow the fuck up. "I can't possibly defend this, the game gets borked when I play it wrong" - whatever, scumbag. This guy has been like this for so long, a clickbait outrage merchant who sometimes just says things that are outright wrong (still remember a TLOU II video he did about them gaming the PSN review system that he still hasn't pulled down despite being flagrantly factually incorrect). I'm sure this issue will be addressed but give me some proof anyone is having trouble with this issue that isn't exploiting like crazy, show me someone who's save file got that big without playing like an asshole. If it happens to normal players fine, that's BS but you can see right in his video that's not what he's doing or the people he's whining for. I expect it to be fixed but I also expect them to change the economy so they can't do this BS any more anyways.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Not sure if it’s a game breaking bug or not.. I’m with Panam trying to rescue Saul (Riders on the storm) and I can’t seem to draw any weapons.

I reloaded an auto save from earlier in the mission (back at base) and still could not draw a weapon.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? How do I fix this issue?

SJRB

Gold Member
I paid off Vic the ripper doc. Was this a mistake? I was expecting it to unlock something like a new mission or better cyberwear.
Lore wise it's of course the right thing to do as soon as you can.

Gameplay-wise it's a colossal waste of money. Don't do it unless you're either wrapping up the game or don't know what else to spend money on.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I paid off Vic the ripper doc. Was this a mistake? I was expecting it to unlock something like a new mission or better cyberwear.

lol. the dude gave you cyberwear even though your broke ass couldn't afford it. he was doing you a favour. imagine owing someone money and expecting them to give you something else just because you paid them back. i hope you don't do that in real life....

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom