• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters
Count me among the number of ERA members who have left the site. Transitioned, if you will. Banning conversations about a game over some idiotic social issues no one really gives a fuck about. I wonder why these same idiots don’t demand that Kanye threads get banned. I mean he said slavery was a choice. That’s worse than any he she shit.

bxrz

Yeah idk why my Sony fans are flustered. I mean, cyberpunk is on playstation & cd Projekt red failed to even make top 5 of the year despite:

• 350 million budget
  • Exotic crunch,
  • Edgy & cocky marketing
  • twitter d*ck-waving cockiness about how good cd are and are top tier
  • 3 delays
  • 8 years of development.
  • Influencer hype

Judging a game before you played it. How big brain of you

usp84

Too early to say really. One review specifically mentions that the economy seems a little harsh, which slows down the adoption of key upgrades that make stealth and hacking usable.

It's also possible that the game requires you to do more side quests for cash and leveling up than reviewers had time for on their short deadline.

If you can't upgrade fast enough, then the default would be using guns and normal combat.
Seems to be pretty malleable, obviously certain fights you can't avoid, but for the most part you can use stealth for takedowns. Yongyea said he pretty much played the game using pistols, stealth and hacking.

I see!As someone who explores very much and also plays pretty much every side quest available i hope i will be able to play the game my way

Aenima

Lower metacritic than expected, but pre-order will not be canceled. Will have to wait 1 more week or 2 untill my PS5 arrives, not playing this on a base PS4.

THEAP99

Banned
Ok, but you are taking it a little too personal

It has a 91 MC score. That's EXCELLENT.

It's not "greatest of all time" score, but sure doesnt earn all this negativity that you are spraying around the topic

Maybe you havent seen the leaked footage, but I have seen hours of the game running on the PS5, and it runs fine. Even great, since it holds 60 fps almost all the time., while looking awesome.

This is probably one of the, if not the most ambitious game ever made. So chill, dude.

Bugs were expected, they will be corrected with patches. With those out of the way, we will have a terrific experience soon.
Listen, I agree 91 is a great score and this game is great. But with the way people acted on twitter, I would've expected more. I was expecting a type of rockstar experience. Seems like this isn't on that level. Which is fine, but still. The hype was misleading IMO.

In a perfect world the game would've released next gen only sometime next year.

Chris Walken

Neo Member
Cyberpunk-2077-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC-BushDiD911-3082235.png

Please tell me this is real

DustQueen

Banned
For every snowflake fuck head that probably is just roleplaying a transperson there are 20 times as many that are legit and just want to live a life.

Don't be a shitty human.

You might be joking, but many people reading who genuinely are shitty humans will agree with you non-ironically.

And CDPR pretty much guaranteed u can not choose wrong as whom to play when they added an option to play as a dude with big dick
Common!

ps
And yeah... They should've added an option to play as ironically challenged person))

THEAP99

Banned
We as people always judge on first sight. That's just nature.
But he is right about 8 years.... That's to long. But isn't it closer to 5 years really?
Idk. Google says 2012 or 2013. Twitter told me it's been in the can for a while

harmny

Banned
this is just the beginning. we are going to see progressive media bashing the game in post launch date reviews and also the reviewers that got mad because they didn't get a review copy. the metascore war

bxrz

But he is right about 8 years.... That's to long. But isn't it closer to 5 years really?
Witcher 3 dropped 2015 so I assume they started working on CP after that. It was announced 8 years ago but CDPR isnt big enough to work on 2 open-world AAA games at the same time

Enzo88

Listen, I agree 91 is a great score and this game is great. But with the way people acted on twitter, I would've expected more. I was expecting a type of rockstar experience. Seems like this isn't on that level. Which is fine, but still. The hype was misleading IMO.

Ehmm it depends how highly you value Rockstars games (that level of what?) , if this is close or as good as TW3 (which also has lower overall scores than most Rockstars games) , to me It would be easily better than anything they do.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Hooly SHIT at the Ray-tracing complexity!! Hell yea!! This is a game that I call maxing out hardware beyond what they can do. 19FPS on a 3090 with RT Ultra and NO DLSS? That should give everyone information at how expensive RT really is especially in a world like this one.

And some people think 1st party devs will optimize their consoles to make these same features feasible? :messenger_face_screaming:

FastyMar7

Neo Member

Most reviewers say it's beyond any game they played, the bugs just pull them away from immersion sometimes. I think if the game was delayed 3-4 months to like April next year, with all the bugs fixed etc, it would be 96-97

ILHASS

Будущее наступило: Обзор Cyberpunk 2077 | GameMAG

9/10
They gave it 9 cause of bugs and if CDPR gonna fix it score will be 10/10. Gamemag is on metacritic btw.
We doubt that someone will have doubts about the quality of the new creation of CD Projekt RED, but if there are any, then we hasten to warn you - you risk missing a project that will forever divide the gaming industry into before and after.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

Yeah, the original announcement trailer was mainly as CGI to mark them acquiring the licence, they didn't really go into full production for some time after that, 5 is more realistic

ikbalCO

I won’t be commenting on Miss Petit’s sexuality since its none of my business but wasn’t she the one who always complain how games like uncharted and gta V was too violent and there were too much killings.
I dunno maybe she wasn’t the best reviewer to hand this action rpg game.
Or it was exactly what polygon intended so that their cp review would be a 100% trans centric.

THEAP99

Banned
Ehmm it depends how highly you value Rockstars games (that level of what?) , if this is close or as good as TW3 (which also has lower overall scores than most Rockstars games) , to me It would be easily better than anything they do.
I felt red dead 2 was very immersive. Cyberpunk to me seems like it follows the traditional map formula more rather than natural. Whatever I'll still get it whenever reviews drop for people who play it on ps5

ACESHIGH

Banned
I'm confident CDPR will patch the hell out of the game down the line, and it will end up looking and running much better. I am happy as long as its not a CPU hog. 1080p 30 FPS maxed on an RX 580 should be great.

91 is plenty for me. Im love the setting, it looks great, and I have a 3080 and a ps5 (playing on pc, but will buy the ps5 version when it drops if I really like it), so no worries about playing it on a busted ass ps4.
This game should have been PC/Next Gen only.

Is that pic real? Did Polygon actually devote the first 7 paragraphs of their review to "trans issues"?

A part of my mind has trouble believing anyone can be THAT crazy.

JRW

Where is this supposedly from?

If real, someone is getting fired by tomorrow morning.

its their twitch channel, It's definitely an old screenshot based on the info shown (amount of followers vs current etc) plus it's showing the old Twitch layout which hasn't been around since I believe late 2019.

Last edited:
Top Bottom