• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters
What do you mean she didnt find that stuff engaging, she didnt even engage with it at all! She didnt do any of them! How can you say something isnt engaging when you never tried it?

This is some bs youre spouting here boy
Maybe you should watch her video review that just went live with HER own footage if you think she didn't play it.

I actually watched that video from thequartering yesterday. I mean, based on what she was saying it didn't sound like she really played the game. It sounded like she only dabbled in it for a little while. Is it really confirmed that she played it for 50+ hours?
I mean her video review with HER footage is now live. It wasn't allowed to be posted prior to today.

Dunki

Maybe you should watch her video review that just went live with HER own footage if you think she didn't play it.
She said and did the same with Days Gone and she could not even explain pretty easy plotpoints like why all the freakers are white for example. Again this is not the first time she lied about things sheactually did not do.

-Stryder-

??????

Jeff loved the two previous Deus Ex games
He loved Saints Row games
This game aint GTA

Yes, i mention he likes saints row. Yes he does like Deus ex and I wouldn't call those games large open worlds... and yes this game isn't GTA
????

Not sure what you're saying here that I'm not already saying. He doesn't like big open worlds and he has said as much previously on the podcast at multiple time since I started listening to them back in 2013. Needless to say his taste in games is very different from mine and many others and that's fine. I'm just saying im more interested in what the other members who are more opened to those games think.

Hey dumbass, when did I say she didnt play it?

She clearly stated she didnt bother with a few game mechanics like side missions, crafting.

Thats what im talking about. So what are YOU talking about?
If you watch her review you'd know why that is. She did do side missions as it is stated when she talks about things she got from them. She clearly says she didn't craft because she didn't feel the need to due to the fact that she kept looting better things from people. Amazing how not having the full story can twist things.

sevoro

Being cute isn't enough anymore.

On a serious note I still stand by what I said and that it's best not to focus on her because "professional" reviews aren't reviews in the age of social media. But I do find it problematic now that it's been confirmed her reviews might have some political bias.

Last edited:

John2290

Some of these PC streamers are having majour issues, One dude had to go completely to low, with RTX and DLSS off, even though he has a 2070 with new specs built around it do there is no bottle neck and still he got anywhere close to 30fps. Watching Alannah pierce play with a 3080 though and ultra setting with RTX and DLSS and she is decently smooth. Strange, I don't think people with even the best 10 series cards are gonna be able to play this, might be that Denvo or a lack of the day one patche but how much could either change. I'm hesitant about how this is going to run on PS4 PRO if 20 series cards can't handle it. So much Janck and pop in even when they have the best of cards in the case of Alanah Peirce. I'm still going to play it, TW3 wasn't exactly tidy at release, even the games map ran like shit, I hope the game makes up with it like TW3 did at it's core.

Dunki

Being cute isn't enough anymore.
Like I would care if she is cute. She is manipulating and lying but also inflicts her political bias in these reviews.

Imagine your Girldfriend is cheating you over and over again but the only statement you do is that she is kinda cute^^

Dunki

Some of these PC streamers are having majour issues, One dude had to go completely to low, with RTX and DLSS off, even though he has a 2070 with new specs built around it do there is no bottle neck and still he got anywhere close to 30fps. Watching Alannah pierce play with a 3080 though and ultra setting with RTX and DLSS and she is decently smooth. Strange, I don't think people with even the best 10 series cards are gonna be able to play this, might be that Denvo or a lack of the day one patche but how much could either change. I'm hesitant about how this is going to run on PS4 PRO if 20 series cards can't handle it. So much Janck and pop in even when they have the best of cards in the case of Alanah Peirce. I'm still going to play it, TW3 wasn't exactly tidy at release, even the games map ran like shit, I hope the game makes up with it like TW3 did at it's core.
RTX is always heavy on the Performance also there are no actual drivers out as far as I know.

sobaka770

Banned
Uh she did play it and she finished it. Her video review with her own footage is even live now. CDPR wasn't letting people use their own footage prior to today.

You know what - I wholeheartedly agree with your posts.

She gave the game a 7, she played it through the campaign and she didn't engage in many side-activities. So to me, her review clearly states: if you're going to play the game for main story and not bother with all the contacts, or police calls - you'd enjoy it just fine. It is a valid review for a group of people who are excited for CP but may not want to engage in some of its more arcane systems. (and let's face it - crafting in W3 apart from Witcher Gear was a useless bore for example). And it has a right to exist. She clearly did play the game, she just didn't engage in it as some hardcore RPG fans want.

But it's one opinion out of many and it's a valid perspective. The only issue is that we're expecting conformity from major outlets on how a game "should be experienced" and aggregators like Metacritic just lump everything for the BIG NUMBER. To me, if it's above 90 with all the bugs and with 1 off-beat review - it's unimportant how far up it goes. Clearly higher reviewed games such as RDR2 and TLOU2 are much more divisive in gaming community than CP will probably be and that's fine.

As for The Quartering everyone knows that this guy is a scum and has an agenda. He's just smart enough not to completely screw up to be booted from Youtube at this point. I'm fine with many points of views but his stuff is constantly biased and mostly crossing that edge between conservative (like Critical Drinker) and just plain vile. The Gamespot reviewer did herself no favors by stating that she didn't engage in side-activities in an RPG but it's not cool to single it out because your hyped game is getting only a "Good" score and start finding dirt on her Twitter or Instagram pictures. Who cares how she looks. Some people won't want to engage in side-activites on the phone either. Chances are some people who are hyped about the game now will end up not enjoying it much either - such traitors, if only they engaged fully into roleplay.

Last edited:

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
In my opinion, there's no real reason to shit on the Gamespot review. Or at least, there's not much to fight about.

Yeah, so she didn't "properly" explore all aspects of the game. And that surely made the reviewing experience worse than it could have been. But so what? She put forth a valid perspective. If that's how you play RPGs as well, then it's the review for you.

Look at it this way: If you're just going through main story in games in general, then that's a valid perspective. You can expand that example to any reductive approach. Why shouldn't that result in a significant verdict for others who play similarly?

I'm aware that most NeoGAF folks deem this as non-applicable to their approach to games, so they can't do anything with her review. And that's also OK.

I don't see a problem here. Well -- the knock on the metacritic score has impact on dev's portfolios. But it's not significant enough to make a fuzz on those grounds, I think

Reviews are highly subjective, and insofar flawed. That's just the nature of them. If you want a "holistic" review, then skip hers and it's good.

Madflavor

I don't get it, how is this running so poorly on the pc? I have an RTX 2060 and I'm going to be so pissed if I have to play this on all the settings turned to low just to get 30 fps. That's fucking crazy.

I spent my Summer doordashing on the side so I could buy a 1440p monitor and upgrade my shitty PC, and now I'm hearing the game is chugging even for people rocking an RTX 3000 series? What is this?

sevoro

Like I would care if she is cute. She is manipulating and lying but also inflicts her political bias in these reviews.

Imagine your Girldfriend is cheating you over and over again but the only statement you do is that she is kinda cute^^
You'd be surprised what people would do for those with stunning looks. Sometimes people think with their genitals.

You know what - I wholeheartedly agree with your posts.

She gave the game a 7, she played it through the campaign and she didn't engage in many side-activities. So to me, her review clearly states: if you're going to play the game for main story and not bother with all the contacts, or police calls - you'd enjoy it just fine. It is a valid review for a group of people who are excited for CP but may not want to engage in some of its more arcane systems. (and let's face it - crafting in W3 apart from Witcher Gear was a useless bore for example). And it has a right to exist. She clearly did play the game, she just didn't engage in it as some hardcore RPG fans want.

But it's one opinion out of many and it's a valid perspective. The only issue is that we're expecting conformity from major outlets on how a game "should be experienced" and aggregators like Metacritic just lump everything for the BIG NUMBER. To me, if it's above 90 with all the bugs and with 1 off-beat review - it's unimportant how far up it goes. Clearly higher reviewed games such as RDR2 and TLOU2 are much more divisive in gaming community than CP will probably be and that's fine.

As for The Quartering everyone knows that this guy is a scum and has an agenda. He's just smart enough not to completely screw up to be booted from Youtube at this point. I'm fine with many points of views but his stuff is constantly biased and mostly crossing that edge between conservative (like Critical Drinker) and just plain vile. The Gamespot reviewer did herself no favors by stating that she didn't engage in side-activities in an RPG but it's not cool to single it out because your hyped game is getting only a "Good" score. Some people won't want to engage in side-activites on the phone either. Chances are some people who are hyped about the game now will end up not enjoying it much either - such traitors, if only they engaged fully into roleplay.
I just had her video review on and she talks a lot about side missions that she did do. I don't know where this narrative that she did no side stuff at all came from. I think what she meant is that she didn't do the side jobs that earn money. She clearly did many actual side missions.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

If you watch her review you'd know why that is. She did do side missions as it is stated when she talks about things she got from them. She clearly says she didn't craft because she didn't feel the need to due to the fact that she kept looting better things from people. Amazing how not having the full story can twist things.

She barely interacted with the side content such as activities, she may have done side missions but not the activities. She never upgraded her gun, or interacted with the crafting systems.

I dunno man, if you are gonna REVIEW a game you make sure to interact with the systems it offers.

Not sure how you can claim otherwise

She barely interacted with the side content such as activities, she may have done side missions but not the activities. She never upgraded her gun, or interacted with the crafting systems.

I dunno man, if you are gonna REVIEW a game you make sure to interact with the systems it offers.

Not sure how you can claim otherwise
You clearly didn't watch or listen to her video review. If she didn't upgrade her gun it's because she said she kept finding better stuff by looting. This isn't the first game where that has been the case. The side activities sound like boring stuff that just earns you money. Again if you don't really need to do them then I don't blame her. She did many, many actual side missions which is being lost when people say she did no side stuff at all. That video review proves she played a LOT of this game so anyone saying otherwise can stfu.

Everyone who preloaded on Playstation check for updates, I just got a 28GB download (my game is v1.01). I thought the Day1 patch was just an additional 10GB?

John2290

I don't get it, how is this running so poorly on the pc? I have an RTX 2060 and I'm going to be so pissed if I have to play this on all the settings turned to low just to get 30 fps. That's fucking crazy.

I spent my Summer doordashing on the side so I could buy a 1440p monitor and upgrade my shitty PC, and now I'm hearing the game is chugging even for people rocking an RTX 3000 series? What is this?

Yeah but I've seen some people with 20 series cards have to turn off RTX, DLSS and still go with low settings, something is rotten there. Might be denuvo or the pay one patch. I
have to assume that CDPR will turn off denuvo for the costumers cause they built their reputation of anti DRM stuff. Hopefully it's the denuvo, a 2070 on low with no DLSS or RTX is absurd with sub 30fps. Those things are easily fixed for the consumer launch but If it's optimization then it'd probably be best to wait off on this game a few weeks, some of the visuals and performance i'm seeing are absolutely horrendous, especially the ones who choose corpro os the life choice.

Nazr

Neo Member
I just had her video review on and she talks a lot about side missions that she did do. I don't know where this narrative that she did no side stuff at all came from. I think what she meant is that she didn't do the side jobs that earn money. She clearly did many actual side missions.

I don't have an opinion of the Gamespot review, I'll decide if I agree/disagree once I've played the game myself, but yeah.. all the talk about her not doing side content seems exaggerated. She literally says the side quests are amazing and her favorite parts of the game. Seems like a strange thing to say for someone who didn't do any of them.

It sounds like she avoided the activities, which mostly sound like useless open world filler shit. Its like saying you can't have a proper opinion on W3 if you didn't do every monster nest or every random street crime in Spiderman.

I don't have an opinion of the Gamespot review, I'll decide if I agree/disagree once I've played the game myself, but yeah.. all the talk about her not doing side content seems exaggerated. She literally says the side quests are amazing and her favorite parts of the game. Seems like a strange thing to say for someone who didn't do any of them.

It sounds like she avoided the activities, which mostly sound like useless open world filler shit. Its like saying you can't have a proper opinion on W3 if you didn't do every monster nest or every random street crime in Spiderman.
That's exactly it. They sound exactly like open would filler content so who the hell cares if she barely did any of that. She did the actual side mission stuff which according to The Quartering she did none of.

I mean her video review with HER footage is now live. It wasn't allowed to be posted prior to today.

Since you've decided to behave like a smear-campaigner and can't bring yourself to present evidence, let's go though The Quartering video on the Gamespot review.:

These are all direct quotes from the video, verbatim.
Direct quotes from the video:

"(...) The reviews are out and there are a few nails that are sticking out of the board a little bit. Ones that were maybe overly positive" "Look, the amount of bugs that reviewers endured during the review are worthy of marking the game down at least a point or two".

"(...)There just one particular review, just like Days Gone, from Gamespot that sticks out as a really bizarre excessively low score."

"I don't think you can rate the gate 100"

About Gamespot's assessment of bugs in Cyberpunk:
" Very fair "

About Gamespot review:
"What if i told you this reviewer barely played the game?"

"That this reviewer did not take advantage of the RPG elements and admitted as much in a video breakdown?

" Doesn't mean I am not going to apply criticism where it is required"

"This particular [Gamespot] interview has some long parts of what, while I don't agree with what they're saying , it's still her opinion, right. It's totally fine."

"You [the reviewer] crafted one things?! And you reviewed Cyberpunk 2077"

"I'll play a part just to illustrate the point she barely played the game"

"Please do not reach out to Kallie Plagge [the reviewer]. Please do not interact with her in any way. Please do not dog pile or say mean things. This criticism please remains here."

Direct quotes from The Quartering Video critique of Gamespot Review.
That's it.

M Mercenary09 , your behaviour is that of a spineless coward. Your conduct is that of an unscrupulous smear-campaigner.

Grow a spine.
Stop lying. Stop smearing.

Your behaviour is an indecency, nauseating, a moral affront, a revolting frontal attack on decency and integrity and the bare minimum of respect for truth and rationality.

Grow a pair.

Last edited:
That's exactly it. They sound exactly like open would filler content so who the hell cares if she barely did any of that. She did the actual side mission stuff which according to The Quartering she did none of.

Either you didn't watch The Quartering video - in which case you are passing comment on a review you didn't even watch - or you did watch it and are lying about its content.

Do not behave like a smear-campaigner. Have some decency.
Grow a spine.

Last edited:
He's just a shitty person who pumps out something insane like 5-7 super low effort 10 minute rants with click bait thumbnails and titles each day.

And because of the nature of his videos and audience, his rants inevitable often focuses on women. Like, he's made 7 videos just about Pokimane in the last 14 days.

His main claim to fame is also getting banned from Magic the Gathering events after one of his videos caused a well known female cosplayer in that community to get harassed to the point of her leaving the community.

So don't watch.

He's just a shitty person

You say it.
I'm convinced.

Evidently, I put blind trust in your assessment of his character.

And because of the nature of his videos and audience, his rants inevitable often focuses on women. Like, he's made 7 videos just about Pokimane in the last 14 days.

Spell it out. Say what you want to say and provide evidence for it.
If you're insinuating sexist behaviour, have the decency to spell it oput and provide epicene.

Don't play the innuendo game. I can play that game as well.

His main claim to fame is also getting banned from Magic the Gathering events after one of his videos caused a well known female cosplayer in that community to get harassed to the point of her leaving the community.

Provide evidence his video caused harassment.
If you fail to provide evidence you will be called out.

Last edited:

zwiggelbig

I'm really not going to argue with someone who thinks a pos like The Quartering needs to be defended. You're likely just as big of one as he is. He made a video claiming she didn't play the game which she did (50 hours of it) and is doing targeted harrassment just b/c he doesn't like that she didn't play it the way HE thinks it should be played. He's already getting reported for it and will hopefully have to deal with some shit b/c of it as he deserves.
its not just this now, that guy is absolutely horrible, he makes the worst negative videos and he loves to incite violence or harrasement. agreed

its not just this now, that guy is absolutely horrible, he makes the worst negative videos and he loves to incite violence or harrasement. agreed

Provide evidence The Quartering "loves to violence or incite harassment".
If you fail to provide evidence for your accusations, I will call out your smear-campaigner behaviour.

And by evidence i mean a direct verbatim quote and a source.

Your choice.

Last edited:

chamber79

Neo Member
She said she didn't care about shopping, didn't care about crafting, didn't care about upgrading gear... couldn't be bothered about sidequests how the hell do people that incompetent get to review a game like Cyberpunk
but she said side quest was the best part of the game and she played 35 hours of sidequests

Astorian

You say it.
I'm convinced.

Evidently, I put blind trust in your assessment of his character.

Spell it out. Say what you want to say and provide evidence for it.
If you're insinuating sexist behaviour, have the decency to spell it oput and provide epicene.

Don't play the innuendo game. I can play that game as well.

Provide evidence his video caused harassment.
If you fail to provide evidence you will be called out.
Are you seriously asking for evidence showing the quartering being a shitty person? It’s not like his channel is more than enough, you’re being purposely obtuse or you’re one of his audience.

Madflavor

Yeah can we please stop with TheQuartering and Gamespot bickering. What more needs to be said that hasn't already been said, verbatim, by everyone? Let's move on.

Apparently, a gang is out to smear The Quartering. I am bot vouching for his content. I am however kindly requesting that very serious accusations be proven via concrete evidence, i.e., quotations and soruces provided.

I will conduct myself exactly the same way regardless of the person in question, from Jason Schreier all the way to The Quartering. I don't care about the politics of the targeted individual in question. If you make grave serious accusations, provide the evidence.

If you fail to provide the evidence, then I will address you as a lowly spineless smear-campaigner, regardless of whether you're attacking ason Schreier, The Quartering, Gamespot, Digital Foundry or anybody else.

Do not behave like a smear-campaigner.
I will make sure I call out your childish behaviour.

Are you seriously asking for evidence showing the quartering being a shitty person? It’s not like his channel is more than enough, you’re being purposely obtuse or you’re one of his audience.
See how they go from sexist to just shitty person? They don't know what a goal post is. The quartering sucks but you people suck more

TriSuit666

Banned
"Woah, woah, he has done a couple good things so don't be calling him out on the dozens of shitty things he has done. It totally excuses them." That's exactly you right now.

I don't know what 'shitty things' he's alleged to have done. Perhaps you could prepare a Powerpoint presentation along with a 5000 word essay about what he's supposed to be guilty of, and have it submitted before end of Semester tomorrow for extra credit on your 'Social Justice For Cunts' module.

Make sure you use plenty of examples and remember to quote your sources, or I'll fail you on this module and you won't graduate with the rest of the class.

Last edited:
Are you seriously asking for evidence showing the quartering being a shitty person?

Of course not.
Why wouldn't I trust the unsubstantiated assertion of an anonymous forum user?

It's how I go about life. I read your comments and immediately and automatically take them as Gospel.

It’s not like his channel is more than enough, you’re being purposely obtuse or you’re one of his audience.

Oh, look!
You can't be bothered to provide the evidence and want me to simply take your word for it.

Nah. I want direct verbatim quotes and I want a source, so I can watch the thing myself and check for accuracy. Nothing else qualifies as evidence.

I'm afraid your unsubstantiated assertions do not qualify as evidence and no intellectually serious person should take them at face value.

I 'm not vouching for The Quartering , though. The moment evidence is provided that The Quartering "calls for violence and harassment" is the moment I will take that as fact, and not a second sooner. Provide the evidence and I will agree The Quartering has behaved like a morally reproachable person.

Who would have thought Cyberpunk 2077 launch would coincide with Pathetic Post day, a date you're now giving your earnest contribution to?

It's pathetic smear after pathetic smear.

Would these fellow GAF members be unable to overcome the playground phase of debating tactics?

Saruhashi

Banned

LOL. If you don't provide evidence then how are people supposed to believe you?

The guy is a Clickbait Master on YouTube and pretty easily ignored.

I don't know how that translates to "he's a shitty person". You know the guy or what?

Making clickbait and getting into Internet drama is a bit sad and lame but "shitty person"? Nah.

Don't know the guy so whatever.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Hearing that lazy entitled reviewers are mad at the game is what got me to pull the trigger.

These fucks are irrelevant and buying CDPR is a vote against gate keeping by lazy fucks.

All the attacks on you tubers from “professionals” merely amounts to jealousy. They know nobody takes them seriously and Angry Joe or whoever gets way more eyes than they ever will. They are becoming obsolete and they are scared because of this so they latch onto conspiracies and dog piling. All because they are not as successful as others. This is the source of the envy and rage.

Honestly if you are railing against alternate media you are every bit the pro corporate stooge you despise.

Last edited:
Exactly. None of us need to provide 'evidence' of his shitty self. Likely fans of his here trying to pose like they aren't. Absolute filth. The Gamespot reviewer's video review already proves his hit piece is a bunch of fake news bullshit.

Yeah can we please stop with TheQuartering and Gamespot bickering. What more needs to be said that hasn't already been said, verbatim, by everyone? Let's move on.

This is how I'm going to play it around here:

If someone makes a very serious accusation, no matter against whom, I am always, always, always, ALWAYS, A-L-W-A-Y-S going to ask for evidence.

Enjoy your time with Cyberpunk 2077.

Top Bottom