• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters
Exactly. None of us need to provide 'evidence' of his shitty self. Likely fans of his here trying to pose like they aren't. Absolute filth. The Gamespot reviewer's video review already proves his hit piece is a bunch of fake news bullshit.

If you want to slander someone prove it or stfu

If you can't stfu then go do it over in the virgin thread

zwiggelbig

Im watching someone stream and he is doing a side mission and he talks about side missions he did. I think cdpr shot thesmelfs in the foot a bit with the reviews by giving them so little time. Because it seems that they made the main story line alot shorter but made some really bigger impactfuller side quests. One guy said he did sidequests he never experienced even in main quest in other games

TriSuit666

Banned
His main claim to fame is also getting banned from Magic the Gathering events after one of his videos caused a well known female cosplayer in that community to get harassed to the point of her leaving the community.

Incorrect. He was banned mainly for highlighting the fact that WOTC were (allegedly) using tournament judges who were convicted paedophiles, which WOTC then attempted to cover up.

By his own admission his banning by WOTC actually led to an increase and growth in his channel.

Also, his stance has directly led to violence towards him, or is that conveniently forgotten?

Last edited:
Exactly. None of us need to provide 'evidence' of his shitty self.

Because you don't have any?

If you're dispensed with the requirement of providing evidence when making grave accusations, can I accuse you of being, say, a smear-campaigner without providing evidence?

I have provided evidence you behave like a spineless coward and a smear campaigner of the worst kind.

Likely fans of his here trying to pose like they aren't. Absolute filth.

You behave like a spineless smear-campaigner, as shown by the concrete specific evidence I have provided.

The Gamespot reviewer's video review already proves his hit piece is a bunch of fake news bullshit.

No one should be troubled that you don't know what a figure of speech is, a clickbait title is, and apparently didn't thoroughly watch the video you insist of making yourself a fool about.

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
Exactly. None of us need to provide 'evidence' of his shitty self. Likely fans of his here trying to pose like they aren't. Absolute filth. The Gamespot reviewer's video review already proves his hit piece is a bunch of fake news bullshit.

lol @ hit piece. He was clowning her review. It’s not that serious.

and based on what she herself was saying, it sounds like she didn’t really give the game as much attention required to do a review. Yeah the title was click baity but that’s YouTube in general.

to my knowledge this dude has never driven anyone to suicide, but we all know who has...so please save the phony outrage.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
I don't understand how people are holding Criticism up as this thing that shouldn't be criticised itself.

"Shes entitled to her opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion!"

OK. So here is my opinion on her opinion.

"LOL OMG these manbabies are mad that a woman didn't like their robot prosthetics fantasy game!"

Astorian

LOL. If you don't provide evidence then how are people supposed to believe you?

The guy is a Clickbait Master on YouTube and pretty easily ignored.

I don't know how that translates to "he's a shitty person". You know the guy or what?

Making clickbait and getting into Internet drama is a bit sad and lame but "shitty person"? Nah.

Don't know the guy so whatever.
Quick internet search.

This dude is the last Youtuber anyone should stand up for.

Quick internet search.

This dude is the last Youtuber anyone should stand up for.

Sorry, I am not rewarding Polygon with clicks, after you, quote, did "a quick internet search", meaning, you didn't even bother to check the veracity and swallowed it wholesale.

I need direct, verbatim, quotes and a link to the source so I can check them myself.

Quotations and source.
Simple.

And indeed It should be extremely easy from someone who says with all the confidence in the world "This dude is the last Youtuber anyone should stand up for."

Quote him and provide the video source.
We'll talk.

You will notice that I am kindly requesting no less and no more than what I myself provided to prove a member is behaving like a smear-campaigner.

No less and no more.

And about defending The Quartering, and since you still can't warp your head around what's been repeated now about 10 times in a row , I am not vouching for his content.

Here's an old adage that finally, at long last, might get through you (the authorship is disputed, but the point stands)

EllmAqDWoAEXznF

Last edited:

harlekin

Apparently it's full of spoilers so if you want to go in fresh don't watch it
NOT KIDDING.

(Gamespot 'new' video review.)

watched 10 other opinion videos where everyone was treading lightly on 'that car AI mission is one of the best missions, this video reviewer doesnt give an F. Within the first two sentences, it spoils the main twist of the mission. Cursed and turned it off right then an there.

What an Ahole reviewer - can we please get all the people back, that told everyone that they were a desaster?

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
Apparently it's full of spoilers so if you want to go in fresh don't watch it

If this is true then that's just more likely to make me assume that the review and its score is a bit malicious.

Honestly, in the build up to this launch if you had to name some reviewers who would have a half arsed review, daft reasons for marking the game down and potentially would have an issue with the game, it's developers and the fan base I think she would have been near the top of that list.

How long before we are hearing claims of death threats?

MiguelItUp

Any new reviews launched today, guys?
SkillUp said he would be posting his tonight, but didn't specify on the time. I would imagine the next couple of hours judging by his time zone.

I'm unsure of any others, but I wouldn't be surprised if others came through too.

HuskerfanChuck

Neo Member
Well, I'm just happy after doing research that this "Jeff Grubb" reviewer guy is a completely different person than the "Jeff Grubb" that wrote stuff for Dungeons & Dragons back in the '80s so he will always REMAIN the real Jeff Grubb to me. Not that probably any of you have any idea who I am even talking about (God, I feel so old). :( Speaking of old, and since I've already derailed this thread, the Sandy Petersen who worked on Doom and Quake games is the same exact guy who worked on the original tabletop Call of Cthulhu game.

Now that I think about it, maybe this *does* all relate back to the Cyberpunk 2077 launch because C2077 is based on the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG that I actually played in the late '80's. So yeah, it *does* still relate to this thread!
I actually relate to this... I know the Jeff Grubb you're talking about from D&D fame... and I also played the OG Cyberpunk, along with the OG Shadowrun back in the late 80s/early 90s. What at time... when Tabletop RPGs were king. Remember a lot of fun with friends/RPG groups from that era.

Woggleman

So is she for critics.... Honestly both are basically the same just from the other point of view
I might not agree with her views but she doesn't seem like the type who makes ten videos a week waging a hate campaign against anything she hates. Quartering, Ryan Kinel and people like that though are cut from the same cloth as the cancel mob.

zwiggelbig

holy shit man are you guys checking the streams? The world the player can go trough.. I just saw someone drive on the highway and reach the entrance to the big city. Man that looks so insane. Scores like a 7 for this game that puts it on the same level as other 7's is just crazy by the looks of it so far
and that skill tree holy shit. Going to spend atleast 100 hours in this.

But hey atleast this game did not recieve many negative reviews like Death Stranding did. a 91 score for such a hyped up game that had so many controversies is stil great. And its going to sell like absolute crazy

Hugare

SkillUp said he would be posting his tonight, but didn't specify on the time. I would imagine the next couple of hours judging by his time zone.

I'm unsure of any others, but I wouldn't be surprised if others came through too.
Ohh, awesome.

He loved the game during previews, so I think that he loved the final game

His reviews dont go to Metacritic, right?

Wanna see that number going up

Dunki

I might not agree with her views but she doesn't seem like the type who makes ten videos a week waging a hate campaign against anything she hates. Quartering, Ryan Kinel and people like that though are cut from the same cloth as the cancel mob.
Because she does not need to since she is getting paid really well for her shit. Just follow her twitter forcher agenda bullshit.

At least the quartering guy works hard.

It's a lie, tho

She did play it, finished it, but didn't do a lot

Customization, sidequests and etc.

The video thumbnail is a lie.

And its not like I'm trying to deffend her, because her review was shit honestly, but the guy is in the wrong here

Stop playin, you got feelings for a shorty..We understand 🫂

🙊🙈

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I loved when reeeers start calling people children and man babies thank you for letting me know to put you on ignore if I ever want to hear any of that hackneyed ad hominem played out shit in defense of people being terrible at their jobs theni know who to ask.
You can disagree with somebody and still think they don't deserve threats to their safety.
The Quartering is annoying but has never said it’s ok to do this. It’s clearly not.

So fucking sick of anyone who can’t stand criticism of the professional class calling people hatemongers. It’s a bullshit generalisation that isn’t even true.

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
Loving the review-gate and how people swing based on their ideologies and even brands of choice.

• Any review that praise TLOU2 was bought by Sony and was wrong
  • Any review that doesn't suck CyberPunk's cock is wrong

FYI: Reviews for this game made me interested in it again. Waiting for the PS5 patch to be out to then play this game.

Ricky_Bee

Banned
No one deserves this but people try to act like its a one sided issue

Well it largely is. All the violence, censorship, bullying and intimidation comes from progressives.

Anyway, I bought the game. Not even sure I’m in the mood but... how can one not, given the people it offends?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Loving the review-gate and how people swing based on their ideologies and even brands of choice.

FYI: Reviews for this game made me interested in it again. Waiting for the PS5 patch to be out to then play this game.
Yes amazing how when you erase all nuance and anything that doesn’t fit your absurd dichotomy boil shit down into two extremes you can pretend there are only two extremes. Funny how that works.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Ohh, awesome.

He loved the game during previews, so I think that he loved the final game

His reviews dont go to Metacritic, right?

Wanna see that number going up
Yeah, I know he was a big fan, though has already mentioned the bugs being an annoyance via tweets. I don't think they hit Metacritic, no. Big fan of his reviews though, also looking forward to ACG's as well.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned

same reviewer from gamespot gave the game an 8. so they probably praised her there.

i have 0 problem with the reviewer. i just think gamespot knew what they were doing when they decided to give the game to her for review. they made many pre release previews with other members of the staff and they loved cyberpunk so if you give the game to someone that clearly doesn't like what cdpr did that is on purpose. they wanted to send a message.

Mozzarella

So that was it? 46 reviews only? some games go past the 100, any PC Cyberpunk reviews to be expected or 91 is the final score?

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
So that was it? 46 reviews only? some games go past the 100, any PC Cyberpunk reviews to be expected or 91 is the final score?

well only those outlets had the game. in the next days/weeks you are going to see more reviews coming. probably lowering the score

The Quartering is the same way. He couldn't shut up about how you can't pay attention to Metacritic scores when TLOU2 released but now that a game he is excited about, Cyberpunk, is coming out and it doesn't get 10's across the board he is calling out any unfavorable score for it. Hypocrite bullshiter at its finest.

well only those outlets had the game. in the next days/weeks you are going to see more reviews coming. probably lowering the score
No console codes were sent out. I think they are just starting to send them today/tomorrow. You'll be seeing more reviews come in over the course of this month.

JackMcGunns

Yes amazing how when you erase all nuance and anything that doesn’t fit your absurd dichotomy boil shit down into two extremes you can pretend there are only two extremes. Funny how that works.

But here's what I see, I was searching for a Cyberpunk review thread in a certain other place and I couldn't find one, I had to dig 10 pages deep to find this:

A user that posted a legit Cyberpunk review thread and from what I can see, said nothing wrong. The mods reasoning is that they want to suppress Cyberpunk threads...wut? I don't want that kind of censorship here or anywhere else for that matter, or be treated in the way users are treated, it's outright draconian.

Mfmwvlr.png

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
No console codes were sent out. I think they are just starting to send them today/tomorrow. You'll be seeing more reviews come in over the course of this month.

oh yes. current gen console metascore is doomed lol

I hope they dont lower it, haha. Thanks, we need more reviews.

it will depend in how much they hate edgy stuff and how much of an activist they are.
and how broken the game is.
oh and some outlets may be less forgiving with the game because they didn't receive early review copies

the consensus for the rest seems to be that it is a great game.

Last edited:

Dunki

Here is the problem and why these Things are being created

No matter the media. Games, books, movies, Show etc. The opinions of so called professional critics and the audience are getting wider and wider and you really can see this with more controversial and political involved media.

Be it Star Wars, be it Ghostbusters, Be it TLOU2, Dave Chappelle etc. Professional critics have become far too left there is no middleground anymore. And everything these scores be it on Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes is so much different critics do not self reflect of taking a look at their reviews but rather accuse and attack the audience of being sexist, Racist, homophob etc. Becuase only these "critics" have a superior morality.

And the more often it happens people get more and more angry. Again when people are angry about the Gamesot Review it is because this reviewer already had a past in which she did the same bullshit. And this is really one of the few at Gamespot who acts like this. SO WHY give her this review? To gather more clicks? To cause another outrage which they eactly knew would happen. So why are they doing this?

Also I dont Think Sony bought TLOU2 reviews but rather these critics are so up their own asses that they do not review a game anymore but the ideology it stands for. The politics it wants to portray etc. And this already did happen way before the reviews but with every controversy sourrounding the game.

I remember Ghostbuster in which critics actually wrote in their review that they can not hate the movie because of the controversy behind it and everyone who does it is a sexist.

People are just fucking tired of it.

Sorry for the rant and sorry for the bad english. I hope someone will understand this ^^

Top Bottom