• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters
He just said it combines an immersive sim, RPG and action adventure in a compelling way

That's a nothing argument. You're not telling me what it's actually doing

Here's what its not doing

No AI in driving
No interactivity in the world
No "handcrafted" dialy routines for NPCs like they initially said there'd be
No actual diologue with NPC besides a select few just related to quests
No dyanmic events

It's a lifeless open world that's pretty and does nothing.

-It has better quests than any of the games that do that, in fact saying the quests are good is underselling it these quests are the best gaming has to offer in this field. you haven't played better quests in a first person RPG.
-it has better first person gunplay mechanics than any first person RPG
-it has a better progression and leveling, than the games you are likely comparing it to
-it has better loot variety than the games you are comparing it to
-it is not leveled with you like the games you are comparing it to
-the driving is fine, and works.
-do the NPC's really need to have full daily routines and does that hold more weight than the fucking questlines and gameplay?
-most of the games you're comparing it to have fetch quests

admit it, you really dont care about quests; or see the value in it. you want to kinda run around and your own thing. sandbox, which is why you prefer elder scrolls despite the fact that it levels with you and has worst quests and progression and loot.

the fact that you prefer those games, tells what you dont value, and you're willing to ignore, quest quality, progression, gameplay in favor of your "freedom". we just aren't the same in that regard, but that doesn't mean it's more of an RPG.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for you to tell me what it's actually doing

So far all you've told me is that it's an open world game, with decent gameplay good progression (IN REALITY DOGSHIT) and loot (IN REALITY DOGSHIT) and well written quests

And that's, doing alot?

what game has done all of that at once...you're acting like we have alot to compare it to. you aint playing shit thats doing everything cyberpunk has done at once, at it's fidelity. and it's writing. show me the game please

you kept showing me old games that do 1 or 2 good things at once....thats literally all you could show me.

Last edited:
you should be happy you're getting good gameplay and amazing quests with great presentation in the same game; because most of these fucking games can't do that lol

new vegas has shit gameplay, a worse world, and worse overall presentation so you can't use that lol

skyrim has shit gameplay, shit quests, shittier progression, and shittier loot so you can't use that.

Vampire masquerades has shit gameplay and bad presentation, cant use that

then you brought up two point and click games lmao so no gameplay basically.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You're still praising this games progression and loot even though they're fucking trash

it's got good gameplay, visuals/presentation and writing. That's it.
And what's wrong with either? Everything from the early game seems great in these areas; and stuff I've read too is making me excited to unlock/get more stuff.

And what's wrong with either? Everything from the early game seems great in these areas; and stuff I've read too is making me excited to unlock/get more stuff.

Don't worry you'll learn to hate the loot system.

Progression. You can get some cyberware but it has less depth than Deus Ex. You'll already see the cool ones at the beginning and that's it. Skill Tree is full of worthless passive perks with only a few decent ones.

Last edited:

Isendurl

You can add incredibly designed multilayered open world city.
And you are trying to claim thats not enough???

Why are people suddenly so fucking obsessed with random NPCs having multiple lines? How many times did you actually try to talk with them in GTA V? Once? Twice?
If GTA 5 actually had good gameplay instead of random NPCs with multiple lines maybe I would play it more...

Last edited:

oagboghi2

You're still praising this games progression and loot even though they're fucking trash

Yeah, what game wants those things. 🙄😂

Progression. You can get some cyberware but it has less depth than Deus Ex. You'll already see the cool ones at the beginning and that's it. Skill Tree is full of worthless passive perks with only a few decent ones.

Again, people keep bringing up Deus Ex as if no one played it. We know you are full of shit, we have played Deus ex

Last edited:
-It has better quests than any of the games that do that, in fact saying the quests are good is underselling it these quests are the best gaming has to offer in this field. you haven't played better quests in a first person RPG.
-it has better first person gunplay mechanics than any first person RPG
-it has a better progression and leveling, than the games you are likely comparing it to
-it has better loot variety than the games you are comparing it to
-it is not leveled with you like the games you are comparing it to
-the driving is fine, and works.
-do the NPC's really need to have full daily routines and does that hold more weight than the fucking questlines and gameplay?
-most of the games you're comparing it to have fetch quests

admit it, you really dont care about quests; or see the value in it. you want to kinda run around and your own thing. sandbox, which is why you prefer elder scrolls despite the fact that it levels with you and has worst quests and progression and loot.

the fact that you prefer those games, tells what you dont value, and you're willing to ignore, quest quality, progression, gameplay in favor of your "freedom". we just aren't the same in that regard, but that doesn't mean it's more of an RPG.
lol saying quests are good is overselling , Prey sidequests destroy this game easy.

lol saying quests are good is overselling , Prey sidequests destroy this game easy.

Prey is a great fucking game. Way more limited in scope than this, plenty of things Cyberpunk does better than Prey but Prey has its advantages for sure. Kinda why I keep wanting people saying this game isn't special to tell me what games they think are... so now I've got an example... and as a fan of Prey it's just more proof to me you guys aren't fully engaging with everything Cyberpunk does, because it's a lot more than Prey.

Prey is a great fucking game. Way more limited in scope than this, plenty of things Cyberpunk does better than Prey but Prey has its advantages for sure. Kinda why I keep wanting people saying this game isn't special to tell me what games they think are... so now I've got an example... and as a fan of Prey it's just more proof to me you guys aren't fully engaging with everything Cyberpunk does, because it's a lot more than Prey.
Look at reddit Cyberpunk and you will see a lot of examples where this game sucks https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/
(there is a easy site to host videos and share here?)

the progression and loot is straight up better than skyrim or any of the bethesda games you feel are better rpg's lol

you lost all credibility when you said skyrim was a better RPG. modders disagree, we wouldnt have to fucking create all these RPG mods if that were the case. you have like...a basic 12 year olds mindset behind games. liking bethesdas shit because they let you run around and kill whoever like it's fantasy saints row. while doing fetch quests so you can mindlessly occupy yourself with the illusion of freedom.

this. game. rapes. those. games.

have fun playing shittier games, and when you try to show your friends, they look uninterested and then ask why you aren't you playing cyberpunk.

you act there's these amazing games out there that make what cyberpunk is doing look bad lol there isn't. the games you listed were not that great in comparison, and dated or lacking gameplay. you just want your shitty old games to have relevance still.

lol skyrim a better RPG than the witcher. fucking noob ass take. nobody agrees with you.

Look at reddit Cyberpunk and you will see a lot of examples where this game sucks https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/
(there is a easy site to host videos and share here?)

prey isn't exciting anyone. you have shit taste.

have fun not inspiring anyone to play games by being like "hey im not gonna show you this cyberpunk game, im gonna show you prey" lmao

if you were a game dev you'd fail. you can't tell what's better than what. terrible taste.

Legitim criticism there, not downplaying and worshiping CDPR like I am seeing here.

You guys keep jumping to these weird ass conclusions about other posters. Look, I have a post history, go see what I thought of past CDPR games, go see how much shit I sling at Witcher 3 for its faults before assuming I just suck CDPR's pole. Or don't, because that'd be as annoying as being asked to go look at Reddit for the real arguments against this game, tell me your argument, or I dunno, plagiarize your Reddit heroes, otherwise you've got no argument.

Legitim criticism there, not downplaying and worshiping CDPR like I am seeing here.

its not about worshipping cdpr, it's about acknowledging that the game is better than most games...why is that so hard to understand? talking like that makes me think you have something against CDPR more than we are ""worshipping"" cdpr.

please give me the game thats fucking with this. you aren't playing some masterpiece we dont know about. fuck outta here.

prvide the fucking game kid.

Last edited:
prey isn't exciting anyone. you have shit taste.

have fun not inspiring anyone to play games by being like "hey im not gonna show you this cyberpunk game, im gonna show you prey" lmao

if you were a game dev you'd fail. you can't tell what's better than what. terrible taste.
The game is mediocre at everything it does, lifeless open world, trash sidequest, try hard juvenil writing, trash progression and leveling system, no interactive open world, NPCs is brain dead, 90% standing still, gunplay is mediocre, everyone vanish when you are driving, police can't chase you when driving, NPCs don't react to your actions, all they know is crouching lol ,dialogue choices don't matter, terrible pacing.
But yeah, keep feeding your delusional hype.

prey doesn't even have one quest that's better than the heist quest or the brain dance quest with evelyn...

and you brought up fucking prey...
lol yeah show a bug mess game, BD is terrible boring, no one like this shit, the heist quest? that one on rails? keep following Jack from A to B, now follow the girls instructions, now give instruction to spider robot distract the cleaning ladies, in the end kill a bunch of brain dead enemies with zero tatics.
You clearly never played Prey
Why the hell would I go to reddit when I already played the game and made my own opinion? Should try to make your own opinions too sometimes.

What you said about Pray is bullshit btw. thats also my opinion.
You guys keep jumping to these weird ass conclusions about other posters. Look, I have a post history, go see what I thought of past CDPR games, go see how much shit I sling at Witcher 3 for its faults before assuming I just suck CDPR's pole. Or don't, because that'd be as annoying as being asked to go look at Reddit for the real arguments against this game, tell me your argument, or I dunno, plagiarize your Reddit heroes, otherwise you've got no argument.
I cited reddit because most of the thread is exactly the problems I have and see in the game, so I don't need to post everytime here, also english is not my first idioma.

lol yeah show a bug mess game, BD is terrible boring, no one like this shit, the heist quest? that one on rails? keep following Jack from A to B, now follow the girls instructions, now give instruction to spider robot distract the cleaning ladies, in the end kill a bunch of brain dead enemies with zero tatics.

I cited reddit because most of the thread is exactly the problems I have and see in the game, so I don't need to post everytime here, also english is not my first idioma.

Look, the problem is you guys keep nitpicking this game while pretending we can't do the same to the counter-examples against it. The Reddit has shit like complaining "I can do X in GTA V but not in Cyberpunk? WAH!" As if I can't say "but you can do y in Cyberpunk and not in GTA V" nevermind "you can do Z in GTA IV but not GTA V" it's annoying. We get it, the game has things missing you wished it had but your argument is all over the place when you just link me Reddit, like okay... you preferred Prey for instance but one of the "glaring" omissions in CP2077 is third person camera... Prey doesn't have that... no barbershops? None in Prey either. Like how does Reddit help YOUR argument that CP2077 is inferior to other games? Enemy AI? Do I really need to get into how sad enemy AI has been for this ENTIRE GENERATION?

The game is mediocre at everything it does, lifeless open world, trash sidequest, try hard juvenil writing, trash progression and leveling system, no interactive open world, NPCs is brain dead, 90% standing still, gunplay is mediocre, everyone vanish when you are driving, police can't chase you when driving, NPCs don't react to your actions, all they know is crouching lol ,dialogue choices don't matter, terrible pacing.
But yeah, keep feeding your delusional hype.

I think you have this confused with AC valhalla, Call of Duty, Watch dogs. because literally no one agrees with the take you just made, so you're delusional. I guarantee you wouldn't be good at making anything game related.

because when people come over to your place, and ask you:..."hey show me whats so cool about these new games you guys play" you say "say no more, let me show you....prey" lmao

anyone with sense would show cyberpunk instead because it is straight up more impressive, and the people would agree. how many young potential gamers did you turn away throughout your deluded life because you have shit taste? you don't even know what's decent, what keeps people interested. you'd be terrible at making anything lol.,

bringing up prey when nobody gives a fuck about that game lmao there's a reason nobody was talking about it. meanwhile cyberpunk sits at 90 metacritic despite bugs, and breaking sales records. yet im deluded. let me guess, they were all just hyped lmao

If stay in front of a car the NPCs will never try to dodge you or complain about anything, it will stay there forever, and all the other cars that come behind have formed a giant line and none of them react differently, take an NPC out of a car and immediately he will do the crounch animation with their hands in the head, I did this with a line of more than 10 cars, and all of them did the same crounch animation, shot at the ground and you will see NPCs doing the same animation again, I have a video recorded, GTA on PS2 has better NPC AI, this is unaceptable to a 2020 open world, especially so hyped.

Last edited:
If if stay in front of a car the NPCs will never try to dodge you or complain about anything, it will stay there forever, and all the other cars that come behind have formed a giant line and none of them react differently, take an NPC out of a car and immediately he will do the crounch animation with their hands in the head, I did this with a line of more than 10 cars, and all of them did the same crounch animation, shot at the ground and you will see NPCs doing the same animation again, I have a video recorded, GTA on PS2 has better NPC AI, this is unaceptable to a 2020 open world, especially so hyped.

Is this a console thing? I walked into a street and got run over by a car on PC.

If if stay in front of a car the NPCs will never try to dodge you or complain about anything, it will stay there forever, and all the other cars that come behind have formed a giant line and none of them react differently, take an NPC out of a car and immediately he will do the crounch animation with their hands in the head, I did this with a line of more than 10 cars, and all of them did the same crounch animation, shot at the ground and you will see NPCs doing the same animation again, I have a video recorded, GTA on PS2 has better NPC AI, this is unaceptable to a 2020 open world, especially so hyped.

sounds like you want a fucking GTA game lmao not an RPG

is this ass of can woopings alternate account, the argument style and shit taste is eerily similar lol

sounds like you want a fucking GTA game lmao not an RPG

is this ass of can woopings alternate account, the argument style and shit taste is eerily similar lol

This stuff makes me think of the people playing Destiny who are mad at how Raid encounters work because they just wanna click heads because they jumped from CoD to Destiny. The crossover stuff can be great for bringing in new fans but it also means you get these silly complaints.

Look, the problem is you guys keep nitpicking this game while pretending we can't do the same to the counter-examples against it. The Reddit has shit like complaining "I can do X in GTA V but not in Cyberpunk? WAH!" As if I can't say "but you can do y in Cyberpunk and not in GTA V" nevermind "you can do Z in GTA IV but not GTA V" it's annoying. We get it, the game has things missing you wished it had but your argument is all over the place when you just link me Reddit, like okay... you preferred Prey for instance but one of the "glaring" omissions in CP2077 is third person camera... Prey doesn't have that... no barbershops? None in Prey either. Like how does Reddit help YOUR argument that CP2077 is inferior to other games? Enemy AI? Do I really need to get into how sad enemy AI has been for this ENTIRE GENERATION?
The problem with AI is because in this game is not bad, is almost no existent, this game was so hyped and can't do basic stuff open worlds has done for generations, this game could have been way better as a linear design, as open world it just don't work well enough.
5AM here, I have to sleep.

quests are supposed to have varying concepts surrounding it and not just boil down to exclusively gunplay or combat. the entirety of what was done conceptually there, as a singular thing you did in the game that didn't need to rely on combat. its called variety in writing and experiences, seems like you would rather everything you do boil down into a combat engagement lol

stop bringing up prey with it's shit enemy design, and boring encounters. it doesn't even compare.

Isendurl

This stuff makes me think of the people playing Destiny who are mad at how Raid encounters work because they just wanna click heads because they jumped from CoD to Destiny. The crossover stuff can be great for bringing in new fans but it also means you get these silly complaints.

CDPR really fucked up when they marked it like GTA in future setting. :pie_disappointed:

Last edited:

its bringing in alot of people who didn't play or like the witcher either.

if you couldnt play the witcher...you wont be able to play this, it's that simple. they are designed similarly.

these people want some bro sandbox rpg like elder scrolls, or a sandbox Gta. or a combination of both.

they dont get that with cyberpunk thus they cant vibe with it.

quests are supposed to have varying concepts surrounding it and not just boil down to exclusively gunplay or combat. the entirety of what was done conceptually there, as a singular thing you did in the game that didn't need to rely on combat. its called variety in writing and experiences, seems like you would rather everything you do boil down into a combat engagement lol

stop bringing up prey with it's shit enemy design, and boring encounters. it doesn't even compare.
Prey has shit enemies design for sure, some boring, so no different than C2077, go play Play and you will see what is great sidequest, its exactly what you discribed, way better than C2077

Yes and no, I mean it had 8 million pre-orders. As much flak as they may get they probably will convert more people, especially if people wait on the fixes.

I mean those people are stupid as fuck though, or they havent played the witcher.

My brain (lol) fully expected this shit to be designed similarly to the witcher 3. similar strengths.

other people cant seem to use deductive reasoning to come to the same conclusion. cdpr didn't market it like GTA, these stupid non gaming motherfuckers saw some guns and some cars, and thought "GTA", because they are clueless and cant piece together dev history and the devs strengths.

THEAP99

Banned
think you have this confused with AC valhalla, Call of Duty, Watch dogs. because literally no one agrees with the take you just made, so you're delusional. I guarantee you wouldn't be good at making anything game related.
Honestly dude, exploration in assassin's creed valhalla is way better with the world events and stuff than in Cyberpunk.

This evening I did nothing but drive around and climb all around into places around night city and all I encountered was a random shootout or two. One of which, I was rewarded for helping cops kill gang members which increased my street cred (how Cyberpunkish of me). I found no random encounter, in that open world, of any substance.

In Assassin's creed Valhalla, here's one memorable encounter I came across in the world that comes straight into my mind:

I was rewarded, humored, and satisfied, by this.

In my hours of roaming around night city, I was rewarded with dildos and some "street cred."

I'm sorry man but it doesn't seem like there's much substance in the world of Cyberpunk. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is more like witcher 3 than cyberpunk even is, in my opinion.
Jeff Grub's review was kinda spot on when he said:

funny how the people that actually make games, seem to respect the fuck outta cyberpunk lol funny how that works.

its like how artists know other real good artists, how comics know who the real funny comics are, how singers can tell who the really good singers are better than the common folk.

Honestly dude, exploration in assassin's creed valhalla is way better with the world events and stuff than in Cyberpunk.

This evening I did nothing but drive around and climb all around into places around night city and all I encountered was a random shootout or two. One of which, I was rewarded for helping cops kill gang members which increased my street cred (how Cyberpunkish of me). I found no random encounter, in that open world, of any substance.

In Assassin's creed Valhalla, here's one memorable encounter I came across in the world that comes straight into my mind:

In my hours of roaming around night city, I was rewarded with dildos and some "street cred."

I'm sorry man but it doesn't seem like there's much substance in the world of Cyberpunk. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is more like witcher 3 than cyberpunk even is, in my opinion.

LMAO im done. we praising yearly uninspired rehashes in here.

clearly cyberpunk attracted too many, non witcher playing bro gamers, and they're mad because it's not matching up to their bro tendencies of AC, Skyrim, and GTA.

Last edited:

hrab

CDPR really fucked up when they marked it like GTA in future setting. :pie_disappointed:
When did they do it? It's been said so many times by so many "early impressions" that it's not a gta-like game, yet ppl still expected it to be. They can only blame themsleves for being blind with their expectations.

Unless the only thing they've seen was "rides of the dark future trailer", but even then they could only blame themselves for not checking what the game really is before jumping aboard.

THEAP99

Banned
LMAO im done. we praising yearly uninspired rehashes in here.

clearly cyberpunk attracted too many, non witcher playing bro gamers, and they're mad because it's not matching up to their bro tendencies of AC, Skyrim, and GTA.
What does that say about Cyberpunk if I experience higher effort world activities in B-grade Assassin's creed?

THEAP99

Banned
When did they do it? It's been said so many times by so many "early impressions" that it's not a gta-like game, yet ppl still expected it to be. They can only blame themsleves for being blind with their expectations.

Unless the only thing they've seen was "rides of the dark future trailer", but even then they could only blame themselves for not checking what the game really is before jumping aboard.
The disc cover apparently states "open world action adventure story."

Last edited:

the witcher 3 you weren't interacting with the world technically either, it was all about the quests, contracts, finding loot etc. you guys just want to more in this because it's a city...

what do you...want them to do? let you enter every building? they have plenty of things scattered about, with question marks everywhere along with the fantastic side quests

Top Bottom