• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D4 |OT| Dark Dreams Don't Die

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Just barely finished the first chapter and I think this game is awesome. Hope there are many more to come.

def sim

Roland, you slow talking jerk, this is taking forever.
LLShC.gif

How does that work? Every time you say Killzone while wearing a headset it launches the game?

Close. Provided you have the PS4 main menu up, it will take you to the game tile where you can press X and launch the game.

So if you're in a different game, it goes like this: Press PS button to bring dash up, say "Killzone", it will take you right to Killzone, press X to launch game. Not totally voice operated like the Kinect, but certainly less wordy and surprisingly consistent.

Cheddahz

Banned
LLShC.gif

Yooooooooooouuuuuuu'rrrrreeeeeee thhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeee ooooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeee thhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat issssssssssssssssssss takkkkkkkkkkinnnnnnnnggggggg foooooooooooooorrrreeeeevvvvvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................

Bsigg12

Just got through the first episode. Holy Christ this game is great. I will definitely be going back and trying to find everything in the episode.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
That
airline quiz
in episode 1 was good fun. Will dive into episode 2 tomorrow, do we know how many episodes there will be in total?

Just got through the first episode. Holy Christ this game is great. I will definitely be going back and trying to find everything in the episode.

I replayed the first episode last night, it turns out I missed out on a ton of content on my first playthrough. It took me five and a half hours, although I did get stuck with Duncan for 30 minutes. I'm still missing two objects, ten observations, Deborah's missions, and one Duncan's, hopefully I can wrap that up today.

jgminto

I was playing this and really enjoying it but I ran into a glitch in Episode 2. I guess it checkpointed at the start of the fight for the baseball and whenever I start the game it's all busted, missing textures, super slow and no control. I'm hoping when my health slowly reaches zero it'll work fine after that because I don't know if there's any way to restart episode 2 otherwise.

edit: Doesn't look like that works...

Ricitor

Woo! Just got all the achievements!
Grindy towards the end but still loved replaying through the insanity. Bring on the next Volume!

takoyaki

Finished the game yesterday. I can honestly say that these were the best 4/5 hours I spent gaming this year. The characters, story, and especially the music reminded me a lot of Deadly Premonition, but not to the point were it felt like Swery just doing the same thing again. This felt like a unique experience, like a surreal dream. I want more!

Woo! Just got all the achievements!
Grindy towards the end but still loved replaying through the insanity. Bring on the next Volume!

Congratulations! I managed to get the 800 clovers achievement with Kinect, and the game just randomly killed me at 1170 X|
There were no clovers anywhere near the bottom of the screen that I could see, but it said game over nevertheless. There must have been one at the very edge of the screen or it's some bug. But now I at least know that I can do it.

kazinova

Wow, just finished playing through this last night. What an ending, I'm definitely hungry for more...whatever the hell I just played.

I didn't play Deadly Premonition but I had two friends (who only have a PS4) who loved Deadly Premonition come over to be my Swery sherpa and we had a blast. I don't know if I would have liked this game nearly as much without people around to laugh and joke with.

The meal scenes are too good. Do NOT pass up an chance to have a bite to eat with Forrest.

Krilekk

Banned
I don't care about Swery but this is a damn good game. Much more interesting than what Telltale has done since WD S1. It's crazy but not too crazy.

Jawmuncher

Am I the only one having issues with the achievements? I was able to get a few last night by wiping my save. I'm guessing if you resume from a suspend it won't unlock anything. I clearly went to the store during a dive and no achievement.

Am I the only one having issues with the achievements? I was able to get a few last night by wiping my save. I'm guessing if you resume from a suspend it won't unlock anything. I clearly went to the store during a dive and no achievement.

I've had a few that haven't popped. It's strange, I didn't get the peggy letter achievement until I booted the game earlier, but I found the first letter a couple of days ago.

Alfredo

I beat all the episodes a few days ago, but apparently I never unlocked the "Complete Season 1" achievement, and a few others that I know I did do, like the Airplane Trivia one.

But I guess doing them all again will unlock them, because I just got the Airplane Trivia one after completing that sidequest again.

It probably does have something to do with suspend and resume... also, sometimes the game will kick me out when I switch between Kinect and controller, telling me the "active profile has been changed" or something like that.

Gestault

I bought the heck out of this after watching the GB Quick Look and Bombin in the AM show. I need clever, dumb and weird games in my life.

Jawmuncher

Beat it. I liked it a lot. Can't wait for the next season. Shame my achievements were busted though. Closing the app and starting fresh after a suspend didn't fix it. Hopefully completely shutting the game down and restarting the system will do it.

I plan on playing it again when the other season is announced and will worry about the missing achievements then.

Kinect is really hit or miss in this game.

The action sequences are freaking awesome and incredibly fun and engaging with kinect but the navigating and clue finding makes my arm hurt and I'd rather use a controller.

Kinect is really hit or miss in this game.

The action sequences are freaking awesome and incredibly fun and engaging with kinect but the navigating and clue finding makes my arm hurt and I'd rather use a controller.

Yeah luckily the controls can be switched on the fly. That's how I'm playing now m, when ever a action scene is coming I switch to Kinect m

megalowho

Man I really want to play this, just don't know when I'll get the chance to. Thinking about buying it without an Xbox One just to show support, this is exactly the kind of game I want to see from Swery and I hope he gets to keep making more of it.

Jawmuncher

I can confirm that the game being suspended is what wrecked my achievements.

To fix 100% make sure when you quit the game you completely close out.
If you already messed up and are glitched close out completely and reset the Xbox.

You'll still have to do them again but at least that should save others from the confusion I had.

sector4

LLShC.gif
I don't know about kinect but when you're playing with a controller, you can press A while he's talking to get his full text come up, and then you can read it and advance before he finished his first word haha!

Haklong

Played it through and really loved it. Going to play it again for some of the extra achievements that I didn't earn the first time.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I don't know about kinect but when you're playing with a controller, you can press A while he's talking to get his full text come up, and then you can read it and advance before he finished his first word haha!

Think you can close your hand over the next button to hurry the conversations.

hwy_61

Banned
Daaaaaaamn just finished the end of the first chapter.

The song at the end gave me an America fuck yeah vibe lol

def sim

I'm on controller. I didn't want to press anything during dialog in case it would skip over the voice work. I still want to hear what Roland has to say even if it's kind of a pain hah.

VinFTW

I have a 4 day break coming up after my Immunology test on Friday and I'm definitely gonna pick this up and immerse myself.

First Swery game.

Can't wait.

Bessy67

I can confirm that the game being suspended is what wrecked my achievements.

To fix 100% make sure when you quit the game you completely close out.
If you already messed up and are glitched close out completely and reset the Xbox.

You'll still have to do them again but at least that should save others from the confusion I had.
Thanks for the tip. I just noticed my achievements were glitched after I didn't get the one for completing episode 1.

Top Bottom