• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Cramoss

This probably applies to everyone who can enjoy this album.

;)

dtszI2d.gif

Dreweyes

Thanks again to everyone who picked up my Daft tee designs!
If you missed them on the daily tee sites, still available on my RedBubble (that site is a bit pricey though).
EDIT: Use coupon code HEYDAD for 15% off!

Just got this one in too, the glow is rad! ♥

lpS70oK.png

IceCold

This album sounds glorious with my ath-m50's. I can't think of a recent mainstream album that was mastered as good as this.

aceface

My least favorite songs are The Game of Love and Within. They aren't bad but they are really chilled and I don't know if it was a great choice to make them two of the first 4 songs on the album. People turn on the album and they want to party and then they get those. Maybe they just want to weed out the true fans, lol. For me, everything from Get Lucky on is where it's at.

The Chef

This shit is AWFUL.

I decided to listen to it at the gym and after the 2nd and 3rd slow ass songs I started skipping songs half way through. This album is nothing but a new featured artist in each track. WTF IS UP WITH THE 3 MINUTE LONG: "uuuh i played guitar when i was a baby and then i decided to move and play guitar and make music... blah blah blah" I cannot emphasize how terrible this album is. Is this just some tribute to random artists?

Yesterday I was going for a long drive and decided to force myself to give it another shot. My reasoning was "well shoot, I hated the latest Incubus album but now i love it" So i try again. Nope. This album is shit. Pure and simple creamy shit. Every song I am practically falling asleep.

They were wise to release Get Lucky as a single because if they released anything else I probably would have thought twice about pre-ordering this crap.

/rant

Hieberrr

This shit is AWFUL.

I decided to listen to it at the gym and after the 2nd and 3rd slow ass songs I started skipping songs half way through. This album is nothing but a new featured artist in each track. WTF IS UP WITH THE 3 MINUTE LONG: "uuuh i played guitar when i was a baby and then i decided to move and play guitar and make music... blah blah blah" I cannot emphasize how terrible this album is. Is this just some tribute to random artists?

Yesterday I was going for a long drive and decided to force myself to give it another shot. My reasoning was "well shoot, I hated the latest Incubus album but now i love it" So i try again. Nope. This album is shit. Pure and simple creamy shit. Every song I am practically falling asleep.

They were wise to release Get Lucky as a single because if they released anything else I probably would have thought twice about pre-ordering this crap.

/rant
LOL

Not everyone can like it, so it's okay not to.

Neo Child

Banned
theres a few really decent tracks in this - touch, get lucky and that one with panda bear.

i like how touch sounds like something from beauty and the beast

Dany

Banned
Went to a diplo show last night and he played Get Luck and Doin' it right. With my shirt I felt adequately prepared to groove :p

IceCold

This shit is AWFUL.

/rant

Congrats you discovered this album isn't workout music. In fact I'd say that none of Daft Punk's albums make for good workout music. Don't see why that would make it shit.

Would I work out to some Nujabes beats? Hell no. Doesn't mean the music is crap.

Zapages

This might have been posted already, but it's nothing short of amazing. 8-Bit Medley of all of the songs of the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjw595chVgQ

some parts of it are better than the actual album... Really good.

Congrats you discovered this album isn't workout music. Don't see why that would make it shit. Would I work out to some Nujabes beats? Hell no. Doesn't mean the music is crap.

You could use Discovery album as work out music... This album really translate to it though...

Congrats you discovered this album isn't workout music. In fact I'd say that none of Daft Punk's albums make for good workout music. Don't see why that would make it shit.

Would I work out to some Nujabes beats? Hell no. Doesn't mean the music is crap.

actually i thought give life back to music is great workout material. like the start of an epic day

I've worked out to Alive 2007.

IceCold

I've worked out to Alive 2007.

Alive 2007 sure (for the most part) because it's live and has a lot of crazy shit going on but I'm talking about their studio albums. There's maybe 2-3 songs that I can think of from each of them that could work but most wouldn't. French house just doesn't make good working out music for the most part. Especially when it's sampling genres like disco and funk. Nobody here is going to work out to Le Freak even though it's an awesome song.

Fox Mulder

This shit is AWFUL.

/rant

it's not really a gym album. I enjoy different music in different settings.

The Chef

I'm not saying its gym music but damn give me SOMETHING for god sakes. This is DAFT PUNK. This entire cd minus Get Lucky is a freakin snooze fest. I had it playing in the car and felt like I'm listening to Moby. Vocal track loop with the same weak sauce beat for 5 minutes. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dmshaposv

I'm not saying its gym music but damn give me SOMETHING for god sakes. This is DAFT PUNK. This entire cd minus Get Lucky is a freakin snooze fest. I had it playing in the car and felt like I'm listening to Moby. Vocal track loop with the same weak sauce beat for 5 minutes. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Once you free your mind about a concept of harmony and music being correct, you can do whatever you want...

IceCold

You don't listen to a lot of Daft Punk or French House do you? (except the beats aren't weak sauce)

Eidan

This shit is AWFUL.

/rant

I actually laughed reading this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Instant Crush was my original favourite, but Beyond has quickly become my top song on the album. It's incredible. Just perfect.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have loved Daft Punk for years. One of my favorite groups of all time.
The hell is French house??
LOL

But anyway, yeah this is the definition of a 'headphones album'. And I think Instant Crush and Lose Yourself could be huge radio songs if they wanted them to be.

Top Bottom