• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

dmshaposv

RAM is one of the best albums of 2013.

But new stuff coming along still. I've moved on to disclosure for a while and will probably go back to ram later in the year again. Still listen to Giorgio from time to time, tho.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Listened to this again just now... AOTY for sure. Loved Kanye's new album, but I'm sorry the Robots just went down too hard with this.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So what do people think about it now that some time has passed? I have to be honest it never really clicked with me. I heard Get Lucky too much from being on the radio. And none of the other songs really clicked with me enough to get in my regular playlist.

Things can still change sooner or later, had that happen before.

Still been listening to it everyday. I've listened to some other stuff (Kanye, J Cole) but keep coming back to this. Easily my favorite album this year.

IceCold

When is the Get Lucky EP releasing? I want to listen to Daft Punk's 10 min remix of it.

edit: Just found out it's releasing July 15th. I though it was June :(

I liked it. However, there were a few instances where I feel like they should have used an outside musician to bring home an instrumental beat. Specifically, the bass guitar solo around 7 minutes into Giorgio is awful. I was really digging that tune until that occurred.

Favorite track is Contact.

Addi

When is the Get Lucky EP releasing? I want to listen to Daft Punk's 10 min remix of it.

edit: Just found out it's releasing July 15th. I though it was June :(

Looking forward to it, but from the different radio interviews they have done in France the last couple of days, it seems more like an extended mix adding some unused material and not something very different from the original. We'll see though, their very secretive :p

GhaleonEB

So what do people think about it now that some time has passed? I have to be honest it never really clicked with me. I heard Get Lucky too much from being on the radio. And none of the other songs really clicked with me enough to get in my regular playlist.

Things can still change sooner or later, had that happen before.

It's still in my car CD player, on heavy rotation for my commute to and from work. Was rocking out to Georgio by Mordor on the way home a bit ago (good god those last three minutes go bonkers).

Different songs fit different moods, and I love that so much of it is chill. On the whole most songs are just feel good, in different ways.

I love it, and I see it having really long legs in my regular rotation.

Servbot24

Banned
Listened to this again just now... AOTY for sure. Loved Kanye's new album, but I'm sorry the Robots just went down too hard with this.

hard is the last word i would use to describe this album

neither this or yeezus will be in the year's top 50 albums.

imBask

Banned
I'm a Daft Punk fan and i don't think the album is very good.

It's not bad by any means, but it doesn't get more than a 6/10 from me.

I never liked daft punk, I couldn't stand them, but I love this album haha

except for The game of love and Within... I consider them bad enough to bring the whole album note down by 1 or 2 just by themself, that's how terrible I think they are

dvdjamm

Black Simon & Garfunkel/The Roots' version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CPqeiBLPqHA#at=74
10656_10151491030345143_54713591_n.jpg

Dreaver

His remix of Beyond is incredible.

Yeah it was my favorite one as well. I really liked Fragments of Time and Give Life Back To Music remixes as well. Some pretty neat remixes. I hope they will be sold (doubt it because it's not official) or downloadable.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
hahaha I wonder if the robots ask the page editors to make sure their height is comparable in photos?

cropping out the outsides of Guys frame and pushing in then adding the big block of text to his torso helps, but come on. dude is short, don't act like he isn't.

IceCold

hahaha I wonder if the robots ask the page editors to make sure their height is comparable in photos?

cropping out the outsides of Guys frame and pushing in then adding the big block of text to his torso helps, but come on. dude is short, don't act like he isn't.

I think it's just so they don't waste space on the page or to make it easier to shoot. In reality when they both have their helmets on, Guy-Man is as high as the bottom of Thomas' visor.

SKINNER!

Banned
Saw the vinyl record in my local music store today. Tempted to pick it up when I get paid since I thoroughly enjoyed the album. Worth it?

Top Bottom