• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Instro

Just wanted to pop in and say how great this album is, after a few listens its definitely up there with Discovery as their best work. Really impressed by how thematically strong(for lack of a better term) the songs seem to be. Its very cohesive, like a soundtrack. Surprising amount of sound/musical variety, and simply fun to listen to.

FeD.nL

I'm in love with this album, the standouts for me are Giorgio by moroder, Contact and Give Life Back to Music. Though the rest is great too.

Fjordson

Fragments of Time is just so horrible to me :( I don't think they could have made more of a grocery store song if they tried :(

good on them for the sales week though. expert level marketing.
It's one of the few songs I like for some reason, haha. It's pretty cornball, but it's catchy and gets to the point. Not exactly the most substantial song, though, I'll give you that.

SKINNER!

Banned
Was listening to the album while cooking up a curry in the kitchen with the sun shining outside. Dad - who's a huge music snob - walks in while Giorgio by Moroder was playing and was all like "This is not bad at all".

Bought the album CD last Tuesday. Didn't give every song a full listen and would skip some tracks. Now I'm on my 10th or so fully repeated listen and I want to keep playing it. I'm starting to love the album; it's close to perfection and sounds very cohesive. The songs I would skip at first are now my favorites (songs like Game of Love, Within, Instant Crush, Fragments of Time).
I'm really impressed what they did with the old styles and have created such powerful disco/synth-pop songs. Styles that are usually considered shallow and many music lovers have a snobby attitude towards (maybe I did too :).

dagZ

a3YvQyr_700b.jpg

-GJ-

I haven't listened to a RAM remix I've liked yet. I don't think the music in it is conductive to this sort of thing. I am alone in this? It seems to me RAM is perfect for mining samples off it, not for clubbyifying the tracks.

Well, this remix was played on the radio way before RAM was released and people in this thread really loved it back then, so I just wanted to give a heads-up that the cdq has been released.

However, I found something else that you might like.

-Pre-Sale
-Release Date 05.07.13
-Shipping on 05.07.13
-first single as vinyl maxi 12" from the new album "random access"
-the record is new and sealed (no guarantee)
-you can save your copy here and now

Tracks:
a1. Daft Punk "get lucky (daft punk remix) 10:31min
b1. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Willi "get lucky" 06:07min
b2. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Willi "get lucky" (radio edit) 04:08min

jett

D-Member
Well, this remix was played on the radio way before RAM was released and people in this thread really loved it back then, so I just wanted to give a heads-up that the cdq has been released.

However, I found something else that you might like.

-Pre-Sale
-Release Date 05.07.13
-Shipping on 05.07.13
-first single as vinyl maxi 12" from the new album "random access"
-the record is new and sealed (no guarantee)
-you can save your copy here and now

Tracks:
a1. Daft Punk "get lucky (daft punk remix) 10:31min
b1. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Willi "get lucky" 06:07min
b2. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Willi "get lucky" (radio edit) 04:08min

Interesting, thanks!

And yeah I edited my post to not seem as much a debbie downer :p, and also I've actually liked some stuff. That remix is fine for what it is.

FoxSpirit

Wow, just did a quick read and... wtf, the offer an "audiophile untouched" download of the album but it's crap.

Vinyl?? Ah yes, that has gotten the good master. Why release a HD audio download when it's just the regular overcompressed master as the CD and mp3 release?

*shakes head*

Majine

Banned
Damn this album got boring QUICK. I feel bad for the robots, I really hoped for more.

Feel bad for them? I think this is their most succesful album yet, and they seemed to be pretty happy about it, after listening to and reading interviews. Feel sorry for yourself.

This album is great riding music gives off a real chill vibe. My favorites are Doing it Right, Get Lucky, Give life back to music, Fragments of Time, Giorgio, Touch and Contact.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Have constantly listened to this album since it came out and I still haven't gotten tired of it. Last album that had me this stuck on it was Gorillaz's Plastic Beach. Touch is still my pick for best song on the album.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on.

GhaleonEB

I find myself at random points in the day humming some melody or with some part of a song stuck in my head. And it's seldom the same song. Today I had Lose Yourself to Dance running through my head because of

this goddamn part. I had "every body on the flooorrrrrr every body on the flooorrrrr" running through my brain for half an hour straight today.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
You know, I didn't get the album on launch because I had some shit going on. I've been looping it all week, though, and I was sort of iffy at first but it's really grown on me. The album has ebbs and flows and it really is something you appreciate more when you listen repeatedly.

Off the top of my head, Giorgio by Morodor is fucking FANTASTIC, and Within and Touch are fucking top shelf. Fragments of Time really gives me an "Eagles" vibe, though I'm not quite sure other than perhaps the instrumentation and easy-going vibe.

Album of the year for me, so far.

Just bought his yesterday.

Wanted to say that Giorgio is the first track I've heard in A LONG TIME that made me produce a "holy shit" grin and continued to build from there on the very first listen. The song is worth the price of admission alone and is something very special.

Also, no lie, first time I've ever heard Get Lucky (I don't listen to ANY radio) and yeah, It's legitimately really good

I find myself at random points in the day humming some melody or with some part of a song stuck in my head. And it's seldom the same song. Today I had Lose Yourself to Dance running through my head because of

this goddamn part. I had "every body on the flooorrrrrr every body on the flooorrrrr" running through my brain for half an hour straight today.

sometimes you gotta just lose yourself man

Macam

Banned
Wanted to say that Giorgio is the first track I've heard in A LONG TIME that made me produce a "holy shit" grin and continued to build from there on the very first listen. The song is worth the price of admission alone and is something very special.

It's hands down my favorite track. I love the way the track just evolves and flows with the narrative, which is endearingly authentic. In a way, it reminded me a bit of Ben Fold Five's Your Most Valuable Possession, though I know that's a ways off in terms off genres here;-)

andylsun

Wow, just did a quick read and... wtf, the offer an "audiophile untouched" download of the album but it's crap.

Vinyl?? Ah yes, that has gotten the good master. Why release a HD audio download when it's just the regular overcompressed master as the CD and mp3 release?

*shakes head*

The vinyl and CD were supposedly mastered from the same 24/88 original. The vinyl does sound less harsh than the CD, and I think has more dynamic range, but that may have been due to some of the required steps needed prior to cutting vinyl.

-Amon-

It's hands down my favorite track. I love the way the track just evolves and flows with the narrative, which is endearingly authentic. In a way, it reminded me a bit of Ben Fold Five's Your Most Valuable Possession, though I know that's a ways off in terms off genres here;-)

ATM it's the best track of the whole album for me too.

Only think i don't really like is that near the end the drum part goes on a little too much for my tastes. Everything else is perfect.

Top Bottom