• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
To everyone going nuts over this, have you ever listened to the artists they're influenced by on this album? I'm listening to it and just wondering what the fuss is, it's incredibly pedestrian.

I can listen to a million records from the 70s and 80s that this record is aping and pulling things from, why would I want a 2013 carbon copy. /downer
z7BOKIf.jpg

I mean it is entry level music amirite?

Hieberrr

To everyone going nuts over this, have you ever listened to the artists they're influenced by on this album? I'm listening to it and just wondering what the fuss is, it's incredibly pedestrian.

I can listen to a million records from the 70s and 80s that this record is aping and pulling things from, why would I want a 2013 carbon copy. /downer

Daft Punk |OT| Entry-level pedestrian noises.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

If it leads to people exploring and discovering the inspirations then I think it's a good thing. #silverlining

iavi

That shift at the end of instant crush has to be the biggest tease. I thought that thing was about to rise into something epic as all hell

Mordeccai

wowowowow FUCK this album is hitting me like a ton of bricks.

Definitely gonna burn some good stuff to this later tonight with a buddy. GOD DAMN.

isny

napkin dispenser
For those of you asking about itunes streaming, that's not where we're listening to it. Go back and read the last few pages before asking for hookups (which will get you banned.)

Hieberrr

Motherboard sounds chill. While I do like the theme they went with RAM, it doesn't like like all of the songs fit into this theme.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
the drums on this record.

dear god the drums. I guess I will be setting up my kit later today. Some of the stuff on here is so meaty and groovy.

Reckoner

What albums would be?

BIGWORM

the drums on this record.

dear god the drums. I guess I will be setting up my kit later today. Some of the stuff on here is so meaty and groovy.

I been air drumming since as long as I can remember, and this album is bringing all that air drumminess back!

RSP

Can't wait to hear the songs on Eigen Huis en Tuin.

At Lose yourself to dance right now, it's pretty good I guess.

Zeth

MP3 generation :p

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm about to pass out from all this hype. Don't wanna build my expectations too high.

Next Tuesday will be when I give up my virginity to Random Access Memories.

G-Pink

WOW. I'm going to feel cheated every time I listen to the radio edit of Get Lucky after this.

It's SO MUCH BETTER in album form.

Good music is good music. And yeah I've listened to to the soul/disco stuff that Daft Punk is pulling from. In fact it's probably my favorite genre of music. This album is great because it's Daft Punk's take on that era of music. Their touch is all over the album.

Servbot24

Banned

This is special because you don't ever get to hear those influences so immaculately produced with a modern touch. Aside from that it's nothing really special. Just a fun listen. That's all I was expecting anyways.

sort of, its more or less a bunch of late 70s disco riffs but you've got the guy from the strokes and pharrell on vox

still a neat record tho

Bread

Banned
WOW. I'm going to feel cheated every time I listen to the radio edit of Get Lucky after this.

It's SO MUCH BETTER in album form.
yea they really cut it down to the bare bones, disappointing. the album version is much funkier.

kingocfs

Fragments of Time is the "cruising around, windows down, summer jam" you've all been waiting for.

Listening to this one now, it's great. I fucking hate the sound of a lap steel guitar, but they weave it in nicely.

Beyond/Motherboard was kind of a snoozefest, though.

Hieberrr

Motherboard is a damn journey, son!

Think of discovering Earth a billion years from when buildings are crumbling a nature is taking over.

CANNOT wait for the eventual remixes. The more laid back tracks like Beyond and Instant Crush have potential to be amazing.

This album will stay fresh for years to come.

Dicer

Banned

Musicians are influenced by other musicians, News at 11

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fragments of Time makes me happy. I'm getting an odd Andrew Gold vibe from it too.

Top Bottom