• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

iavi

That's a really silly thing to say. What's your argument?

I'm 8 tracks deep, and aside from the Rodgers assisted tracks--get lucky and Lose Yourself to Dance. It's a far more layered, atmospheric, movement-ridden album than it is a dance album. None of that to say it's bad, at all, but that nothing has the immediate dance hit of HBFS or Technologic, so far. I wasn't really making an argument.

Man the last track must be INSANE to listen to live at a Daft Punk concert!

13. CONTACT!

tumblr_mbiwasgPJQ1rrgdweo1_500.gif

I agree that this isn't a dance album, no hard hitting tracks that just make you want to get on your feet and dance. Even the friggin' Tron soundtrack had songs like that. Oh well, only 10 tracks in.

iKhayal18

Ok, I've listened to the whole album. I think my favorites for now are Give life back to music, The game of love, Touch, Get Lucky and Beyond. Motherboard and Fragments of Time are pretty nice too. For me, the "worst" is Doin' It Right.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Panda Bear does a good Brian Wilson impression.

Jarmel

Banned
I agree that this isn't a dance album, no hard hitting tracks that just make you want to get on your feet and dance. Even the friggin' Tron soundtrack had songs like that.

There are going to be some amazing remixes. I can tell Instant Crush, Lose Yourself, and Fragments are going to have some truly outstanding remixes.

I'm 8 tracks deep, and aside from the Rodgers assisted tracks--get lucky and Lose Yourself to Dance. It's a far more layered, atmospheric, movement-ridden album than it is a dance album. None of that to say it's bad, at all, but that nothing has the immediate dance hit of HBFS or Technologic, so far.

In my opinion all music is dance music, but yeah, this isn't as constrained by catchy samples like their previous efforts were. Live instrumentation leads to more open song structure.

andylsun

just listening to Get Lucky on the stream and no other track. Starts at 42:39

The rest of the album can wait for my copy to arrive at home.

jett

D-Member
Haha Julian Casablancas is unrecognizable. I really like this piece though, it resembles the style he tried on his solo album, but better put together.

Hieberrr

I really liked Get Lucky and was hoping for some summer jams to bump but I could literally turn up the volume and put a baby to sleep with half of the tracks so far.

Yeah, I definitely get that vibe. This album is a lot more chill and reminiscent than "in the time".

-GJ-

The fuck is going on? Is the Itunes stream on? It's not up here in my region?

I can understand giving impressions of those super crappy leaked clips, but having 10 pages of people orgasmic over the full version leak is in bad taste.

People get instabanned in the gaming section for doing this; you guys are playing with FIRE

It's up on iTunes. It was up on Grooveshark about 10 minutes after it leaked. Besides that, 99% of the people in this thread already pre-ordered the album or is planning to do so.

Wes

venison crêpe
Fragments of Time.

I've just fallen instantly in love with a song. Took less than a second. I feel like I've just made eye contact with a leggy blonde from across a dancefloor.

Nugg

Ok I'm done. Amazing experience. I was going to repeat it, but I think I'm just going to sit there in silence for a while, and let it sink in

Top Bottom