• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

G-Pink

Man, I don't know what it is, but I'm really digging Instant Crush. It's totally NOT Daft Punk, but at the same time, take a lot of stuff they do well, and makes it all work together.

Dreaver

I'm just two songs in and it's already a million times better then HAA (and I even found that album decent!). Giorgo by Moroder is amazing.

The Game Of Love really touched me. I've just come out of a break-up so I really needed something like that. Holy fuck, this album. THIS FUCKING ALBUM.

-GJ-

I really love funk (Return of the Space Cowboy by Jamiroquai is one of my favourite albums ever)... I should really give Daft Punk a try. I guess I'll try out their first album. GAF-hype takes me once again.

Then you're going to be pretty disappointed. Their first album is the complete opposite of funk. Every album they did is a completely different genre.

Jarmel

Banned
This is what I expect out of Daft Punk. The only one I'm not wild about is Game of Love. Everything else so far has been top-tier.

Tantalus

Neo Member
Man, I don't know what it is, but I'm really digging Instant Crush. It's totally NOT Daft Punk, but at the same time, take a lot of stuff they do well, and makes it all work together.

Yep, I love the vocals. They have just the right amount of the Daft Punk "robot" sound without going overboard, amazing

CyReN

Just lose yourself and dance baby!

Daft Punk fan and Zetterberg avatar...

tumblr_inline_mlbgwx6w7C1qz4rgp.gif

gdt

I really love funk (Return of the Space Cowboy by Jamiroquai is one of my favourite albums ever)... I should really give Daft Punk a try. I guess I'll try out their first album. GAF-hype takes me once again.

Homework isn't that funky. More house/techno. Discovery is pretty disco/funk in places.

Trickster

Even pharrel's vocals couldnt stop lose yourself to dance from being an absolutely amazing song, my god I like this song

Lakitu

st5fu
Then you're going to be pretty disappointed. Their first album is the complete opposite of funk. Every album they did is a completely different genre.

That's fine. I'm pretty open to all genres, plus I love electronic music. What style is their first album? I'm gonna read up on them.

Homework isn't that funky. More house/techno. Discovery is pretty disco/funk in places.

Sounds good to me. I'm gonna get check out some samples.

iavi

Guys. Guys. They've absolutely taken knowledge away from scoring Tron. That Moroder outro couldn't have been done without it. I bet money. What in the fuck was that amazing mess.

jtb

Banned
Shit, I didn't even realize that was Casablancas on Instant Crush.

Lose Yourself to Dance is fantastic.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Top Bottom