• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Dreaver

Not sure if I'm in love with Touch. Parts of it are amazing and others not so much.

Yeah exactly how I feel about the song, it's just... really different. It's the song I like the least so far, still good and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a grower.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
beyond... oh man.

Taking us on a serious audio journey here.

The damn steel guitar.

iavi

Touch:

At first I was like :)
Then I was :(
Then I was :|
Then I was :)
Then I was :O

The way that track unfolds is amazing.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This album deserves to be streamed for the masses a week early.

Just like the JT album the sales are going to go through the roof.

Hieberrr

I'm convinced this album doesn't really have a central theme anymore
KuGsj.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Motherboard makes me feel like I'm 6 years old running through an orchard during midsummer, then aliens invade. But we end up all chilling out and having some cider.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
To everyone going nuts over this, have you ever listened to the artists they're influenced by on this album? I'm listening to it and just wondering what the fuss is, it's incredibly pedestrian.

I can listen to a million records from the 70s and 80s that this record is aping and pulling things from, why would I want a 2013 carbon copy. /downer

yhRlkBf.png

like forreal, no duh. Get out with your pedestrian comment, that's so silly. Good music is good music, there is no entry level. Just because the sounds and style have been done decades before doesn't mean that it somehow invalidates the work being presented now.

Every artist is riffing on something built in the past. That's just a fact of life and human creation. What really matters now is what this record could mean for the millions of people that decide to listen to just a track and see what kind of records and roads it leads them to.

or you can continue to just be cynical about this great sound and music making it's way back into the mainstream and hopefully influencing a bunch of kids to seek out Chic, Loleatta Holloway, KC & The Sunshine Band, Grace Jones, Donna SUmmer, Cerrone, Cloud One, Sister Sledge...

Panda Bear is working this track real well. His voice and style is complimenting the music. GODDAMN that's surprising. I usually am not a big fan of anything outside of his own solo/AC work.

Jarmel

Banned
What, Game of Love is clearly the Something About Us of RAM.

Game of Love is probably closer to tone but the style of Beyond and the low key atmosphere highly reminds me about Something About Us. I also think Beyond is much much better.

shuri

Banned
The fuck is going on? Is the Itunes stream on? It's not up here in my region?

I can understand giving impressions of those super crappy leaked clips, but having 10 pages of people orgasmic over the full version leak is in bad taste.

People get instabanned in the gaming section for doing this; you guys are playing with FIRE

Majine

Banned
Everybody will be dancing and be doin' it right

RSP

Everybody will be dancing and doin' it right