• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

To everyone going nuts over this, have you ever listened to the artists they're influenced by on this album? I'm listening to it and just wondering what the fuss is, it's incredibly pedestrian.

I can listen to a million records from the 70s and 80s that this record is aping and pulling things from, why would I want a 2013 carbon copy. /downer

A good portion of the people psyched about RAM may not have been exposed decently to 70s and 80s music and Daft Punk may be their closest introduction *shrug*

If DP serve as a gateway for the younger generation to rediscover talented musicians from decades past. That's a good thing, right?

upon first listen the album as a whole feels a little disjointed and inconsistent, some great tracks but on the whole a bit disappointing; will see how it fares after a couple more times

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It will be interesting to see how this album is received by the edm scene. Shit is genre bending for sure.

jett

D-Member
I really liked Get Lucky and was hoping for some summer jams to bump but I could literally turn up the volume and put a baby to sleep with half of the tracks so far.

Welp, it's pretty clear it's not a dance album. Seems you were expecting something easily digestible and equally disposable.

Probably early to say but it seems to me RAM is gonna have some goddamn actual longevity. I need the physical release ASAP so I can rip it to FLAC myself.

Contact is very, very good. We needed a whole album with songs like that. Sad that I will only listen to two songs from this album: one that plays on the radio 10 times a day and this one. I'm disappointed :(

Wynnebeck

Banned
Yeah this album is a lot more mellow than their normal stuff but it doesn't take away from it at all. Also, Instant Crush is pretty good too.

btkadams

the backlash for this might be worse than it was for justice's last album.. i'm enjoying it, but it's not the french electro/house album a lot of people were hoping for.

I just finished and I'm about to hop in the shower and get ready for the day, so many different sounds are just replaying all at once in my head. This was well worth the wait.

PBY

Banned
the backlash for this might be worse than it was for justice's last album.. i'm enjoying it, but it's not the french electro/house album a lot of people were hoping for.

I agree with the backlash comment- after Get Lucky I think, for better or worse, people may have been expecting a pop, nu disco album.

Man the last track must be INSANE to listen to live at a Daft Punk concert!

13. CONTACT!

tumblr_mbiwasgPJQ1rrgdweo1_500.gif

Yeah even with my headphones at max I feel like you can't truly appreciate this song unless it's live.

twofold

There was backlash for "audio, video, disco"? Damn, I loved that album. "Access All Arenas", Justice's new live album, was pretty damn good, too.

In case anyone is still listening to the leak, the itunes version is way better quality. Listen to that instead.

Courage

Finally listening to this album, I can safely say 2013 is an amazing year for music. Daft Punk, Vampire Weekend, Kanye West,

chris121580

I disagree. I think previews that we were able to read about it did a good job setting up exactly what we were going to get with this album. It was already known it was going to be disco heavy. Absolutely loving this

iavi

Fuck anyone who says Pharrell ruined this album. Lose Yourself to Dance is catchy as fuck. Reminds me of 80s Michael Jackson.

He didn't ruin anything, but the dude can't sing. They could have found a much, much better voice for those two tracks.

Servbot24

Banned
Finished, I think that the verse of Get Lucky is the low point of the whole album.

Overall I thought it was very good, quite an adventure.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Anyone knows if they are going to keep streaming it? Fuck, I cant listen to it now. So fucking jealous.

CANNOT wait for the eventual remixes. The more laid back tracks like Beyond and Instant Crush have potential to be amazing.

This album will stay fresh for years to come.

They said in the Pete Tong interview that they are in fact working on "Daft Punk" versions of the songs. I don't know why this hasn't caught any attention.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So fucking glad they decided to go this route and not another EDM album.

This is some real funky dance music. The cut ups and remixes will be insane.

I hope the robots decide that when they remix these tracks they'll dump it out as an album too.

Top Bottom