• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Nibel

Destroys 20/20 Experience in my opinion #ComeAtMePOPGAF

AOTY!

..until Drake drops

ioqAanGT9qCOI.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just started listening and I'm blown away by what I'm hearing right now. I can't even describe it.

Up to Lose Yourself to Dance right now, and Giorgio by Moroder is probably my favourite song.

Dicer

Banned
Ok, first time through may have been a bit harsh. It was "duller" than I was expecting. The second half was much stronger than the first. Going to give the whole thing another go on my good headphones instead of speakers.

Not awful, just different from what I was expecting from Daft Punk.

I applaud you giving it a second go. It def tossed me for a loop, but in such an amazing way.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Overall, I say for me, this lands in Discovery's "Holy shit" level of awesome, but falls slightly short of Homework's "Transcendent" echelon.

See I must be the only person who thinks Discovery>Homework and it's because overall Discovery had an overarching organic feel to the entire album that brought it all together while Homework sounds like a collection of really good French House music by them.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon

iavi

This album absolutely exceeded my expectations. Daft Punk have matured so much since Homework, and their knowledge of 'scape gained during the scoring of Tron is ever evident. RAM's not a dance album, but it is a Daft Punk album--electronic yet organic as all--and is one that I'll go back to just as much, if not more than I do Discovery.

Stoze

Re-listening to Giorgio, love the little record scratches that come in near the end.

There's so much shit going on in all of these tracks, I can't wait to break out a good pair of cans and listen to all the intricacies of the release version quality.

I applaud you giving it a second go. It def tossed me for a loop, but in such an amazing way.

I was expecting an album that I would throw my windows open immediately, crank the speakers up and dance around the house with some sort of glass of liquor with ice cubes clanking to the beat. Instead it is more like taking some edibles, setting the thermostat to a comfortable temperature and dry humping a velour couch until the shit kicks in then running outside to a space ship landing on your front lawn.

Jarmel

Banned
I think Discovery's more consistent in regards to the high quality level but I think RAM blows it out of the park at times.

Addi

Holy shit, even if I have read every article and review out there, it sounded nothing like I expected. Will re-listen 200 times. Amazing!

Dicer

Banned
I was expecting an album that I would throw my windows open immediately, crank the speakers up and dance around the house with some sort of glass of liquor with ice cubes clanking to the beat. Instead it is more like taking some edibles, setting the thermostat to a comfortable temperature and dry humping a velour couch until the shit kicks in then running outside to a space ship landing on your front lawn.

I had an orange velour chair from the 70's I miss that thing.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fragments of Time, goddamn, this might be my favorite track purely because they pull out all the stops on it and it's just so well produced.

Any good alternate covers out there that aren't the ones in OP?

None that I've seen, but post em and I'll add them to the OP.

jtb

Banned
See I must be the only person who thinks Discovery>Homework and it's because overall Discovery had an overarching organic feel to the entire album that brought it all together while Homework sounds like a collection of really good French House music by them.

you are definitley not the only person who thinks Discovery > Homework.

Even discounting the stylistic differences, Discovery is just a much more complete and consistent album than Homework is in my book.

Well-put, haha.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wow this album :O

iavi

Touch touches my heart

Can't wait to listen to Contact, you guys hype that one up so much

I don't actually like Contact all that much, yet...but it is an AMAZING end to the album, if that makes sense. You'll see when you get to it.

Imm0rt4l

First time through, I thought it was okay. Parts that stuck out to me: first 3/4 of Giorgio (fuck the end of that song), Game of Love, Fragments, Instant Crush. Contact is some Tron shit, the end is bananas.

I like Panda Bear and all, but Doin It Right fuckin' suuuuuuuucks. Touch is cool, but I don't think it's a track I'll listen to very often. Overall, I'm looking forward to what others will do with these songs more than anything else.

No, U

Get Lucky is miles better then that crappy radio edit. It is almost like that one is not from Daft Punk.

And holy shit I just saw the commercial from Daft Punk here in Holland. Music commercials are pretty rare here, especially when it has not been released.

you are definitley not the only person who thinks Discovery > Homework.

Even discounting the stylistic differences, Discovery is just a much more complete and consistent album than Homework is in my book.

I'm in the Discovery > Homework camp, but that's because Discovery was my first Daft experience, and by the time I listened to Homework, it just sounded like proto-Daft Punk to me. It wasn't bad, it just sounded minimalistic compared to Discovery.

Top Bottom