• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

-NeoTB1-

Just finished. Amazing. I need some time to process all of this, but right now this album has exceeded my expectations. That makes me very happy. :)

One more thing... CONTACT. Holy shit. What an amazing ending.

MattDoza

Just finished my start to finish listen. Contact... it's like the moment the Robots landed here on earth.

I wonder how Horizon fits. Is it an epilogue?

Its hard for me to write down my feelings about this album because every time I start to I feel like I am drifting into hyperbole territory.. but damn guys.. This album is fucking good like really fucking good.

Releasing Get Lucky threw me off, I thought all of the songs were going to be on a similar dance vein like that. But, wow, this album is so much more diverse than I could have imagined. Touch...wow...was not expecting that.

Danielsan

Releasing Get Lucky threw me off, I thought all of the songs were going to be on a similar dance vein like that. But, wow, this album is so much more diverse than I could have imagined. Touch...wow...was not expecting that.
Yep. The one thing that truly astonishes me is just how diverse this album is. Incredibly happy with the fact that Get Lucky was basically a red herring.

Biff

lol I feel so bad for those reviewers. How you cannot love this album is insanity. Maybe the listening parties were too loud? Couldn't appreciate the intricacies of the album?

If anything, I thank them. Perhaps they reduced my hype by an iota to 9.9999/10 such that I can somehow still feel that this 10/10 album has blown away my expectations.

jtb

Banned
Instant Crush and Lose Yourself to Dance is my favorite 10 minute stretch on the album. so good.

I don't understand how/why these streams from iTunes exist, but I'm glad they do.

Piracy is an inevitability. And if not piracy, then being uploaded on soundcloud, youtube, etc. This beats (well, almost) the pirates to the punch and is free publicity.

The best advertisement for music has always been the music itself. (see: radio)

IceCold

Don't forget there's still one song missing from the Japanese version.

The drummer is the sane drummer that worked on Off the Wall.

Nibel

Listening to Contact right now

ibosjWXWkvEHGd.gif

Hystzen

Ok the album didn't end up sucking like I starting to fear due to when ever I get really hyped. Can't wait for my vinyl to arrive next week

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The original material gels so well with the sample in Contact. Classic Daft Punk.
Piracy is an inevitability. And if not piracy, then being uploaded on soundcloud, youtube, etc. This beats (well, almost) the pirates to the punch and is free publicity.
I think they did beat the pirates to the punch. The iTunes stream is 192 kbps. What piracy savvy person in 2013 rips an album at 192 kbps?
Someone just got access to it an hour or so early.

zeioIIDX

I went in thinking 'can this beat Breakbot - By Your Side' but this is something else. Its a completely different album to what i was expecting. Motherboard is incredible.

Love me some Breakbot. By Your Side, Why, One Out of Two, and Baby I'm Yours are my faves. Awesome damn avatar by the way. This album definitely kicked up the 4d3d3d3 for me.

SKINNER!

Banned
My God this is fuckin' good. 25 minutes in and this track is just sublime! (EDIT: It was Instant Crush) No clue what it is though as I'm listening to the iTunes stream.

Top Bottom