• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It would be quite the achievement for them to make something worse than HAA. It was always a safe assumption it would be better.

I think I must be one of the few Daft Punk fans who absolutely loves HAA lol A couple of my favourite overall Daft Punk tracks are from HAA as well.

This is fantastic so far though, the boys did good.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Just about to start Touch.
Good album so far. Catchy, great production. Marks an interesting new phase for Daft Punk. They really want to be pop stars.

I think I must be one of the few Daft Punk fans who absolutely loves HAA lol A couple of my favourite overall Daft Punk tracks are from HAA as well.
I'm with you.

Wow at Touch. I was wondering where the hell the song was gonna go in the beginning and I had a feeling of what it might come together into, but man, it was so much better than I could have imagined.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's a bit ridiculous how easy it is to download the itunes stream. I would've thought Apple would have the audio locked up better.

yep, waiting for someone to cut it up into proper tracks and push it out there. it's definitely better quality to listen to until my LP gets in.

Also you can tell the mastering of this album has been done properly.

Nilesh Patel, their original Mastering guru passed away in 2011 and I can't track down who mastered the album this time.

iavi

Lose yourself to Dance absolutely has that infectious kind of grove that has you dancing in your seat before you even realize. Love

Foshy

Great album. Seriously, incredible.

Only thing I'm not really feeling are Paul Williams' vocals in Touch. I don't know, I just don't like them. Song would have been much better without his singing in my opinion.

btkadams

This is fantastic so far though, the boys did good.
I love HAA too. Emotion is one of their best songs IMO.

zeioIIDX

I seriously love the water/pond/trickling sounds at the end of Motherboard...it's like....relaxing. And pretty cool how a track called Motherboard, which Daft Punk described as being a song from the year 4000, just devolves into the natural, organic sounds of trickling water at the end.

Dicer

Banned
Holy shit at Touch when vocals kicked in reminded me of a musical

DAFT PUNK MUSICAL DO IT NOW

jbqzIwCxxthoxg.jpg

Blair

Banned
I went in thinking 'can this beat Breakbot - By Your Side' but this is something else. Its a completely different album to what i was expecting. Motherboard is incredible.

I might have to listen to the album version of Get Lucky again but I don't see how it's that much better than the radio edit...

Still a great song nonetheless.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just finished it. I have no words right now. I'm going to go take a walk to my Subway and mull over the album right now but hot damn if this album isn't good as hell.

Can you imagine a spiritual sequel to Interstellar 5555 set to RAM? Maybe animated by Gainax with a new story (the continuing adventures of the dog-man from Da Funk)?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
...my god, I've finally found someone that agrees.

Emotion is SO BEAUTIFUL.

Yep Emotion is excellent, I've also got a very big soft spot for Technologic as well.

Also, Giorgio By Moroder is fucking amazing, loving this album.

Overall, I say for me, this lands in Discovery's "Holy shit" level of awesome, but falls slightly short of Homework's "Transcendent" echelon.

Ok, first time through may have been a bit harsh. It was "duller" than I was expecting. The second half was much stronger than the first. Going to give the whole thing another go on my good headphones instead of speakers.

Not awful, just different from what I was expecting from Daft Punk.

Top Bottom