• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Nibel

Beyond intro feels like Super Mario Galaxy orchestral goodness

ibkntwoKqbfkFQ.gif

I'm amazed how WELL this album is actually produced - a bunch of details that wait to be discovered

Alucrid

Banned
Must....resist.....urge.....to.....listen......arrrrrrrrgh.

I'll gladly disagree, but I know I'm in the minority. I've got a special place in my heart for Discovery.
Probably not. Most people i know don't care for homework. Most also don't know Chicago house.

A lot of this sounds like it belongs on a Rocky Balboa movie. I don't mean that as a disparaging comment, either. I just finished the impressive Giorgio track as it went through the different stages. Cool track! The opening number is really good, too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Must....resist.....urge.....to.....listen......arrrrrrrrgh.

Like legit, there is no reason not to listen to it. I've listened to hundreds of stream leaks/crappy rips and cell phone quality albums in my time on this planet.

This is the first time it has been apparent that the production and mastering of this particular record trumps any sort of quality difference.

It sounds absolutely great for being a stream rip.

Fjordson

See I must be the only person who thinks Discovery>Homework and it's because overall Discovery had an overarching organic feel to the entire album that brought it all together while Homework sounds like a collection of really good French House music by them.
I also prefer Discovery by far over Homework. Homework is good, but Discovery is easily my favourite.

HAA was mediocre for me. Didn't hate it like some did, but didn't enjoy it much compared to Homework and Discovery.

Tough to say where this one will land. There are some great songs, though, so I feel pretty confident putting it ahead of HAA already.

At this point with digital distribution, wouldn't it make sense to just release it on Amazon and iTunes today? Just open the flood gates and let the public get it. They probably will all have it by the end of the day. My Twitter is going crazy over it right now.

MickD

This isn't an album.. this is pure sex..

I've never been so hyped up for music in my life. I was in tears during instant crush. HOW IS THIS REAL!!!?

IceCold

I'm on my second playthrough and giorgio by moroder is still blowing my mind. I get chills listening to it. This is how you do a 9 min song Justin.

RSP

ia9KcxY_nTI70JGG

Getting this kind of vibe from the RAM album. On my first re-play. It's a bit dark outside. Bit more quiet in the house. Hangin' on the couch with my girl. Playing Beyond on my system.

Pretty good.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm saying it right now but I think Touch is my favorite song on the album followed closely by Lose Yourself to Dance. Touch just stays with you.

cdyhybrid

Touch touches my heart

Can't wait to listen to Contact, you guys hype that one up so much

Contact is the closest I'll ever get to visiting space probably ;-;

Scattered impressions from first listen:

Instant Crush is incredible. Made me feel so happy.

Moroder is really, really, cool.

Touch is very haunting.

Contact is fucking crazy.

Motherboard has all kinds of Tron Legacy vibes.

I can't even process a lot of it yet, but I think Get Lucky might indeed be the weakest track on the album. But the album version is noticeably better than the radio edit.

DJ88

Was gonna wait until I read through the entire thread before posting but, my god, Touch. Touch holy shit. Everything has been amazing so far, beautiful gorgeous melodies, but Touch. I'll admit I can't stand the vocals at the start and end but when it hits that break with the starry synth, I came really close to shedding a tear.

Biff

Instant Crush is such a perfect title for the song. On first listen I really did love it. Such an amazing song. Trying to resist bobbing my head is a futile exercise.

Edit: ^^ internet hi 5

Top Bottom