• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Fjordson

Fragments of Time is fantastic. Absolutely love Todd Edwards' vocal on it.

Unfortunately, I really dislike Doin' It Right. Especially right after a track as good as Fragments of Time.

Everything else sounds pretty good, though, save for a few strange sections on some songs (like the awkward Paul Williams vocals on Touch).

Mr. F

Banned
Really, really liked Instant Crush. You can hear Casablancas all over that the second it starts. About halfway through so far, really enjoying it. Slower jams at the start but super groovy nonetheless.

DominoKid

I love it.
But I think it's too much of a slow burn.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it get panned publicly for not being fast & obnoxious enough.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I love it.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it get panned publicly for not being fast & obnoxious enough.

It will, but 4 years from now, some kid in his garage will make an identical record and be the "Skrillex" of his time.

just watch.

then the robots will need to re-introduce new elements to the game, get panned, cycle continues.

Thaedolus

Yeah I kept my expectations tempered and they were completely smashed. Good lord. Nothing like getting a new good, solid album that I'll be able to listen all the way through time and time again.

I love it.

It is Daft Punk in its Disco/Groove/Lounge form.

If this gets burned publicly for not being fast enough the majority of the people are what I always thought they were; being monkeys head bobbing to the same beat just because it is the "right thing to do", incapable of independent thought.

jtb

Banned
This is definitely a lower tempo album, but Daft Punk have only really had faster songs on... Discovery, and that's about it. Homework is kind of a mixed bag, but Human After All was really low tempo.

I don't mind it at all, though my favorite DP song is Superheroes and I do miss them making those kinds of songs.

I will admit it, I got goosebumps when Moroder finished his monologue and the synth kicked in.

Seems very mellow, the first few tracks. I'm liking it, but I assume there's some uptempo funky madness coming up?

Top Bottom