• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

DJ88

Just a god damn feel good album. I'll be listening to this all year. Some of the tracks are so beautiful, they strike some really deep feelings in me. It's kind of hard to get a perspective on it now, but once this thing has really been absorbed I can easily see it competing with Discovery as my favorite Daft Punk album. It almost feels like a version of Discovery that was released in an alternate dimension. It's different enough to be it's own thing but still has some songs that almost feel like sequels to Discovery tracks.

Danielsan

Your are the night you are the ocean.
You are the night behind the clouds.
You are the end and the beginning.
A world where time is not allowed.

Just got home and saw this thread. 30 seconds in... expecting greatness from the hyperbole (or is it?!) here.

EDIT: Already feeling the funk.

DominoKid

It is Daft Punk in its Disco/Groove/Lounge form.

If this gets burned publicly for not being fast enough the majority of the people are what I always thought they were; being monkeys head bobbing to the same beat just because it is the "right thing to do", incapable of independent thought.

well this is about what i expect from the average music listener anyway. but i'm a cynic by nature.

Kccitystar

Contact sounds like an extended cut of "Fall" from Tron: Legacy. It's like they took that 1:23 and built upon it to make Contact.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK

just saw that it's streaming. I am satisfied with the minute I've listened to...

jesus pharrel's vocals are so bad. sounds like me doing my best (worst) off the wall/thriller-era MJ impression.

so far this album is the slowest of slow burns.

Fjordson

Anyone who hates on The Game Of Love is fucking nuts!
I think that's one of my favourites. First three tracks is a killer trio.

jesus pharrel's vocals are so bad. sounds like me doing my best (worst) off the wall/thriller-era MJ impression.

so far this album is the slowest of slow burns.
Some of the guest vocals is my only complaint. Pharrell sounds bad, I don't like Panda Bear but that's just me, and Paul Williams sounds out of place on Touch, but again that's just me.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
itunes is only place to purchase? I want to open the site and poke around, but it keeps launching music, over their actual music...

spectros4

Neo Member
Alive 2014 is going to be an experience. I'll probably need to buy drugs before the concert.

But it's so good you don't need MDMA, and I'm only up to Get Lucky so far.
Really liked Instant Crush, and Giorgio by Moroder is awesome in its full glory.
Beyond's just about to start...

Screw releasing Contact as a single. That track is the pay off of the album. It is like people who read the book then shit on anyone who only sees the movie. You don't get to have Contact without listening to all the tracks before it!

Koodo

Banned
OMG CONTACT.

SLAY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ibeJmzJbI2RV0n.gif

Wazzy

Banned
I hope Lose Yourself To Dance has some good remix's. That short fake that was released was great and reminded me of Digital Love so I would be interested in a remix like that.

Vire

Wow, blown away by the album. So glad I got this pre-ordered.

Really above and beyond my expectations.

Contact is insane!

Top Bottom